Welcome to Gaia! ::

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
About a year ago now I found my.older brother on Facebook he accepted the friend request today he turned 24 I really want to tell him I'm his little sister but I'm afraid he will hate me. This is how I view this situation I'm the child our mom chose to keep and I'm afraid he will hate me because of that, I keep getting told by friends to tell him and I really want to but that thought keeps coming back that he will hate me and it took me 8 years to track him down I didn't find out I had an older brother until I was 10 and last December I went through my moms stuff and found his adoptive papers. How do I tell him who I am?

Super Consumer

Misfit

17,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Brick Breaker 50
try having a convo w him on fb first?

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
iStealConstantly
question

I want to tell my older brother I am his little sister but I'm afraid to because I think he'll hate me and I really don't want that

Big Noob

send him the "surprise b***h" gif smile smile smile

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
iWantCoke

Well I have his cell number and we do talk I just haven't told him who I am and he never asked

Muscular Egg

Just talk to him. lol

Beloved Loiterer

Question 1: does he know he's adopted? If the answer is no, you definitely do not tell him.
Question 2: do you think telling him could potentially ruin his life? If the answer is yes, you definitely do not want to tell him.
Question 3: does he seem like the kind of person who would absolutely hate you if he did find out? If yes, you definitely do not want to tell him.
Question 4: have you two even spoken before? If no, telling him about it out of nowhere would be super awkward...
Question 5: does your mom want him to know? If no, you definitely do not want to tell him.

Super Consumer

Tequila-Kitten
iStealConstantly
question

I want to tell my older brother I am his little sister but I'm afraid to because I think he'll hate me and I really don't want that

Don't beat around the bush.
Just tell him. He's a big boy.
Tequila-Kitten
iWantCoke

Well I have his cell number and we do talk I just haven't told him who I am and he never asked
so.. he refers to you as??

Beloved Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Hero 100
I would be honest with him about your situation, and how you feel. Maybe he'll be happy to hear from his sister. I have two half sisters, and I tracked them down too. We don't have a great relationship, more because we are different. They don't hate me, and I wouldn't hate them, even though my father was a father to them. But if you get along with him, he might be happy to know you're related. He might have questions, even.

Sparkling Kitten

i'm not sure what to say honey. does he know he is adopted? if not and he is happy not knowing then you shouldn't tell him and just remain friends but if he does know then i would tell him and let him know that you want to get to know him and be in his life. it is in no way your fault that your parents kept you and not him. things happen like money and such so at the time your parents could have taught it was better to give him to someone who could care for him.

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
MVCXI
Tequila-Kitten
iWantCoke

so.. he refers to you as??
I don't know my name I guess I'm surprised he accepted a random Facebook friend request

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
STRaWBeRRy NoVa
Question 1: does he know he's adopted? If the answer is no, you definitely do not tell him.
Question 2: do you think telling him could potentially ruin his life? If the answer is yes, you definitely do not want to tell him.
Question 3: does he seem like the kind of person who would absolutely hate you if he did find out? If yes, you definitely do not want to tell him.
Question 4: have you two even spoken before? If no, telling him about it out of nowhere would be super awkward...
Question 5: does your mom want him to know? If no, you definitely do not want to tell him.

I don't know if he knows he's adopted, I am assuming he does. I don't think telling him I'm his little sister would ruin Hus life.I don't know I barely know him. Yes we haven't spoken before. And I've no clue I barely speak to my mom anymore I haven't much since March

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
Necoco Lily
i'm not sure what to say honey. does he know he is adopted? if not and he is happy not knowing then you shouldn't tell him and just remain friends but if he does know then i would tell him and let him know that you want to get to know him and be in his life. it is in no way your fault that your parents kept you and not him. things happen like money and such so at the time your parents could have taught it was better to give him to someone who could care for him.

I don't know if he knows he's adopted or not I'm guessing yes he does known since he's 24. My mom thought she was too young at the time and his dad left her before he was born

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff