Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Yo Yo GCD.
So i'm trying to sell some stuff, since i'm pretty poor at the moment. Whenever I'm selling, I usually look at the MP, at the lowest buy price, and post my item about 1b under the price. I like to sell things cheap! I like to think that someone stumbles on my items and goes "oh sweet!" and buys it up. But then... there's that other method of selling...

The Exchange.

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I try to sell things in the exchange, it feels like I get laughed at if I even think of getting average buy price for my item. But isn't that the point of an exchange? To trade things equally? Since when did that become profit land?
*Rant rant rant!* scream

Anyway... It's gotten to the point where I just can't go in there. I get mad about things and feel really hurt. So I avoid it like the plague unless I really don't care about what i'm getting for an item.
But What I want to know is... Does anyone else feel this way?

TL;DR?
-Is there a place on Gaia that you just can't go, because you get mad/frustrated/feel like you want to do bad things?

-Do you find yourself going there anyway?

-What part of Gaia do you think needs a 'cleaning up' of sorts?

Sorry if this is awful, I haven't posted in a few years...

Rare

Gaia doesn't cause enough of a reaction for me to not want to go anywhere. Plus, this is a forum website. It's not like I'll get mugged. I can deal with some hurt feelings, but it's doubtful that would ever happen anyway.

Also honestly no place on Gaia needs "cleaning up" because I'm not a**l about other bending to my idea of what is "clean" or not.

Big Noob

I usually avoid the Exchange, but I think an unspoken rule there is you never refer to the MP for prices. If you do, just stick to your guns. It's probably good to have price checks. Some of those vending guilds offer that service.

Business is serious business and do remember that people will resort to several tactics to gain the advantage. Don't take things personally or you'll always be disappointed and hurt.

Bottom line: learn the culture of the forum and not expect them to comply to yours.

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
you got it better than i do. i just don't get any replies.

Tipsy Genius

I personally don't like selling/buying in the Exchange for a bunch of reasons (wait time, some rude people, one specific dickbag and his mule accounts, etc.) but I've had some very positive experiences with it on occasion. I know a lot of extremely nice Exchangers so I don't have a grudge against the entire Exchange community or anything, but it's not really my cup of tea when it comes to quick/efficient transactions. 'sides, I gotta practice what I preach and support the Marketplace tax as much as possible.

The GD, on the other hand...yeah. I sorta-kinda grew up there before the GCD even existed, and what it turned into is pretty ******** scary.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Sir Black Tea
Gaia doesn't cause enough of a reaction for me to not want to go anywhere. Plus, this is a forum website. It's not like I'll get mugged. I can deal with some hurt feelings, but it's doubtful that would ever happen anyway.

Also honestly no place on Gaia needs "cleaning up" because I'm not a**l about other bending to my idea of what is "clean" or not.

Whelp. Sorry your Gaia is perfect.
Sounds boring.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
sterek
I personally don't like selling/buying in the Exchange for a bunch of reasons (wait time, some rude people, one specific dickbag and his mule accounts, etc.) but I've had some very positive experiences with it on occasion. I know a lot of extremely nice Exchangers so I don't have a grudge against the entire Exchange community or anything, but it's not really my cup of tea when it comes to quick/efficient transactions. 'sides, I gotta practice what I preach and support the Marketplace tax as much as possible.

The GD, on the other hand...yeah. I sorta-kinda grew up there before the GCD even existed, and what it turned into is pretty ******** scary.

haha I don't really venture into the GD... I've heard... stories. ninja
I can't go into Lifestyle discussions either. I get depressed. sweatdrop

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The GCD

The exchange has always been the place to buy low. I never buy out of the marketplace, knowing there's someone in the Exchange, willing to sell for way less. Although I go there for items I want for keeps.

It would probably be the Chatterbox, like I posted there a few times and honestly it wasn't that bad. But then I heard storied from friends who frequent there and I'm ******** terrified of that place now. I swore I'd never go back, but i find myself scrolling through it when I'm bored sweatdrop
Some times I get annoyed at the AT, partially because it's so slow and most of it's "rate meh plz". For once, I'd like to have some other discussion or contest threads in there.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

The only part of the Exchange that I regularly go into is the Wanted forum because I've had positive experiences in there. And sometimes I feel like getting rid of items but don't want to toss it onto the mp because it can take a while to sell on there. Or if I need quick gold, I'll go to one of those buying threads. Though I hate how slow the forum is sometimes, especially if items are only ridiculously priced on the mp.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
the exchange scares me; like, it literally gets my heart racing because its so fast and violent in there
im not a big fan of the art shops, mainly because all the shops are full and people have better offers than me
(dear god all i want is pretty art of my regular avi :c)

as for places that need a clean-up, barton town could use a few more sub-forums for 1x1 roleplays and interest checks/group searches
and gcd could use a sticky that tells people not to post "oMg iNFLatiON!!111!1!!!1" threads

Heart Tamer

You'll almost always have better luck/get better prices for your items on the MP. Items don't take THAT long to sell usually, unless it's not very popular, in which case you'd have trouble selling in the Exchange, too. Also keep in mind that your item gets much more visibility on the MP and users can PM you to work out deals as well.

Tipsy Genius

lunaoftheforest
sterek

haha I don't really venture into the GD... I've heard... stories. ninja
I can't go into Lifestyle discussions either. I get depressed. sweatdrop

I used to stick strictly to the LD up until last December, I think. I don't get freaked out easily, but there was a particular family anecdote someone posted there that was just morally/ethically wrong enough to scare me away for good. I had a serious "the ******** did I just read" moment.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Braev Dullahan

I always see your signature and it cracks me up!
Oh, I used to frequent the Chatterbox. Mostly I just peeked around for funny threads, and avoided the other ones.... But the GCD is my fav. Mostly because it's informative. 3nodding

Relentless Glitch

lunaoftheforest
Sir Black Tea

Whelp. Sorry your Gaia is perfect.
Sounds boring.

Lol. It's like you actually go out of your way to go into someone's kitchen and get classified_fu when you get burned.

This is why I avoid the ED. Scary.

Indomitable Bro

I stick to the MP, I mostly want quick sales anyway--not to mention I'm shy and the only place I like to haggle is flea markets downtown. I've posted in the wanted section a few times, however. (mostly when I can't find an item on the mp), and the people I've dealt with seem chill.

I used to frequent GD waaay back too, then I got sick of it. ED gives me a migraine so avoid that one too. I get annoyed w/some aspects of nearly every forum but those are the worst.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff