Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
I've been on Gaia for just over ten years now and I've had one solid thing I loved doing since its creation; collecting blue carnations. I quested for a million of them back when Towns 1 was first created and just over a year later I hit my goal. I was both happy I was finished, and left wanting more at the same time. I kept buying them from the Marketplace (they were roughly 2 for 1g, when prices went up 1g a piece, which was a lot back then for game items considering daisies and papers were valued at 10 for 1g!), I'd keep going into towns to pick other flowers to trade for them long after my quest was over, and then I took a hiatus from the site before Alchemy came out. When I came back prices on flowers and their rarity had shot sky high, and continuously collecting the one thing I wanted most on Gaia became merely a memory.

I guess my regret would be that hiatus before Alchemy. Had I known a feature was going to come out that would exhaust them I would have not taken it so I could collect as many as I could beforehand emo . I would have also happily spent more than double for them as well. I wish I could find another thing like blue carnations that I could collect endlessly. I still find myself stalking the Game Item Exchange threads and seeing how many blues people have and fondly remembering the fun I had collecting them.

gaia_spoons

- Is there something you regret either doing or not doing above all other things on Gaia?
- Would you go back and change it if you could? Why or why not?

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think I also regret taking a hiatus around when alchemy started. I love alchemy and now that I have a quest to finish, it's going to be exceptionally impossible unless Gaia makes a way for rare bugs to be exchanged or found a little more easily. Had I known, I would have just bought all the red inks I needed when they were cheap. T.T

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

After Gaia introduced the trade-up feature for rares, I wish I had kept all the fish I quested way back when you were doing your carnation quest. I would have had at least enough for 1 'Ino fish to make a mask and a head start on a different 'Ino fish. Sadly, I kept selling them for quick gold so I definitely didn't have any to trade up for.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

dancing_ice's Fangirl

No long term regrets, only immediate ones, if that makes sense.^^
Mine is mostly about buy and sell timing. I tend to sell when items are about to inflate, so I end up selling cheap when I could have gotten more, and buy when they're inflated, as in the item falls for half the price I paid for a few days later. And no, I don't think I have learned from my previous 'mistakes'. xd

Winged Unicorn

26,050 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Devin 200
The fact that I came back after my year hiatus. I don't like what gaia does to me :/

Space Traveler

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Missing Halloween 2k4! I'm pretty sure that I joined a few days after it ended. I really wish I could have tried it out, from what everyone said back in the day it was a blast.

Muscular Shade

43,775 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I regret not joining Gaia a few months earlier in 2009, because I missed the Demon Busters event. I heard it was really fun (even if some people said it was rigged).

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
Loveparody

If Gaia could get game items working in Towns 2 just as frequent as they still drop in Towns 1 I think that would definitely help everyone out. As much as it's nice to see an investment upwards of 500 billion gold from my carnations I really honestly wish all game items would drop back to a reasonable amount. I would love to see 100g per flower again, and 2,000g inks.

Shrimp_Man

I still have some of our old threads subscribed for reminiscence's sake crying I lost Ana_ana's sunflowers thread and whoever had the pink daffodils but everyone else is nestled right there in the subscribe feed. Damn I miss that emotion_donotwant

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I will always regret selling the only Tootin' Tino I ever caught back to the gold shops for 1,000g because I was a stupid newbie (literally like 3 weeks old) that didn't know about their rarity and price on the marketplace. emo

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
Elle the Hobo Queen
Missing Halloween 2k4! I'm pretty sure that I joined a few days after it ended. I really wish I could have tried it out, from what everyone said back in the day it was a blast.

Even though I was around for it I hear it was awesome! And the only reason I say that is because I had only been on Gaia for two months at that point and I was a complete noob at events XD. I had no idea one was going on.

aemperatrix's Sweetheart

Beloved Fairy

49,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hm.. not joining in events earlier and.. buying spring breeze for 100k in the time when 1 million was a lot. It had been that price for the longest time during the days before Philosopher's Cache, and I just NEEDED it to complete the only alchemy formula I ever crafted (I think it was Book of Poems). Not like I used the item I crafted; I did it just to do it. Then came along those jewel colored caches and *whistling plunging off a cliff* spring breeze and everything else in the Aquamarine cache plunged in price. *sigh* oh well, what's done is done.

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
Leizce
No long term regrets, only immediate ones, if that makes sense.^^
Mine is mostly about buy and sell timing. I tend to sell when items are about to inflate, so I end up selling cheap when I could have gotten more, and buy when they're inflated, as in the item falls for half the price I paid for a few days later. And no, I don't think I have learned from my previous 'mistakes'. xd

Oooh good lord. I did vending a lot back in 05-08. After that point I got to where you're at and it became too hard for me to remember the worth of everything individually because we had too many items to remember. I mean a lot of items is good, yes! But not for vending haha. I ended up using most of what I made vending to buy carnations anyways.
User Image

half infinite's Fangirl

Chatty Fatcat

tsunke ano
The fact that I came back after my year hiatus. I don't like what gaia does to me :/

this

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Phantasmai
Loveparody

If Gaia could get game items working in Towns 2 just as frequent as they still drop in Towns 1 I think that would definitely help everyone out. As much as it's nice to see an investment upwards of 500 billion gold from my carnations I really honestly wish all game items would drop back to a reasonable amount. I would love to see 100g per flower again, and 2,000g inks.

Shrimp_Man

I still have some of our old threads subscribed for reminiscence's sake crying I lost Ana_ana's sunflowers thread and whoever had the pink daffodils but everyone else is nestled right there in the subscribe feed. Damn I miss that emotion_donotwant

Me too! Then again, I tend to not clean out my subscribed thread lists. xD That was a good thing when I had to search the user run slash NPC contest thread for my stories earlier this year. xD

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Shrimp_Man

After Gaia introduced the trade-up feature for rares, I wish I had kept all the fish I quested way back when you were doing your carnation quest. I would have had at least enough for 1 'Ino fish to make a mask and a head start on a different 'Ino fish. Sadly, I kept selling them for quick gold so I definitely didn't have any to trade up for.

before the trade up I would just make hats & helms just because there was nothing else to use them for while rare fishing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff