Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Your game?

Do you put off buying if the game play is good quality but playtime is short or has less content.

Indebted Friend

I definitely do. I love games that are loaded with content and story lines. I always save my money for a good RPG, one game to spend a long time with. My husband's the opposite: he loves action/adventure like Uncharted and the Batman series. When he beats them I'm like, "Seriously?! That was only two days!! Go do some side-quests or something!"

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I definitely do, but for a very shallow reason rofl

I only get to buy games once a year or so, unless it's a special occasion, so when picking which one I want most, I try to get one with a long story mode or multiplayer mode.

Back when I could get games more often, I didn't care much about that. If I knew I liked the game, even if it was short, I would go for it!

Shameless Shapeshifter

Quality > Quantity

I'm not saying that long games are bad by any means, but to me, total hours of gameplay doesn't play a factor in what games I decide to play.

Better to have a spoonful of gold than a truckload of garbage, right?

Dapper Gatekeeper

I think the quality of the game overall is most important, a storyline can be short and compact but still manage to interest me and satisfy me a lot more than a longer game could.

This being said, I'm a fan of the Mass Effect franchise and I personally choose to do every given side quest, I do love games which extend in length, providing it's done correctly.

Aged Gawker

I normally look up either a review or comments on a game first, or just see gameplay usually gives me a good idea how long it'll be. Like for example most RPGs are around 60+ hours long because usually they got sidequests on top of the main story line....so with all the sidequests on top of the main story it runs usually around 60 hours depending on how long the side quests are. Also depending how long you have to grind for gold/money and experience. If its a first person shooter, those are only about 12 hours long maybe if at all. Sidescroller games are only maybe 3 hours long. Sandbox games like GTA are pretty much infinite lol since you can continue playing them as long as you want so the gametime can be beyond max to pretty much forever after you beat it....depending on the sandbox/open world type game they are pretty long, those are the really obvious ones. You don't even need to read anything about them to know that they are long. Same with RPGs....so ya a lot of the time I don't exactly have to look up much about a game.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Why should I care about playtime? It's not like I'm only going to play a game once. I'll buy it, beat it, put it on my shelf, and probably play it again within a couple of years.
Yes, because there's a whole website dedicated to knowing things like playtime.

However, It's more like a suggestion and/or an average playtime. People don't always have a universal playtime, especially when it comes to RPG's.

There also has to be replayability first for me to even contemplate playing again.

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Usually... not.
I tend to idle a lot when playing games so playtime has absolutely no effect on me. Even with games like professor layton and ace attorney take forever for me to play.
Besides, I'll always replay them over and over anyway

Kawaii Shoujo

No not really but sometimes when I am selecting a game that's one of the factors I put on my research list... embarrassingly enough I do a bit of research before selecting a video game.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
No. I base it off on how good it seems and if I've played something done by the same team.

Unsealed Genius

If it seems interesting and fun enough I'll get it. I don't generally have much play time and I play games pretty slowly in general since I like to explore everything and have a habit of starting over and over quite often before I commit to actually finishing a file.

Although, I buy games pretty often. I have nearly 300 physical games now and who knows how many digital games. >.>; I find I obsess more over collecting than playing lately. Maybe after I retire I'll spend the rest of my days beating those games lol.

I definitely hope my future child would be into games because I would love to enjoy them with my kid in the future. As well as read programming books to the baby while in my womb and maybe teach the child to program small games when they are a bit older. heart
It'd be a bit sad if our child ends up not a gamer considering both me and my future hubby have worked in the game industry (although I'm currently doing regular programming work) and really love our games.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
It's all about the game, no matter how long! I can beat Mario Land 2 in half an hour but I still love to play it! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff