Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Nerd

Mentioned she had a birthday recently, before we'd been introduced.
I'm like, "Oh, happy belated birthday. Pretty sure we hadn't met yet then, or I would have said something."
Her: "No, you were here, so..."
Ignores me for the rest of the conversation.

Before this, she mocked me during a practice presentation about how I'd used the word Analogue instead of Agonist. Kainic acid is a structural analogue for glutamic acid as well as an agonist for glutamate receptors, goddammit. I meant what I said.

People told me she could be a little bitchy, but damn. Worse yet, she's perfectly pleasant around the guys in the department.

/rage.

Amateur Sex Symbol

Seems like my type of girl. And by that, I mean "Who cares if she's mean? Just say professional and don't worry about it." And by that, I mean "I don't like her very much though :/"

Big Member

give her an F
for "******** YOU"

Dangerous Sweetheart

so in other words, she's a brat and i wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot-pole. smile

Original Poster

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
worlds hornyest man
give her an F
for "******** YOU"

In a relationship with Real Dragovian

Spoopy Baby

And worse, you can't complain about her without seeming like you're the bitchy one.
maybe you remind her of an abusive parent or sibling. Every time she sees you, all she can think of is that cracked leather belt.

Lonely Friend

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't understand how people live like that really

being nice to people feels so much better like come on

Magnetic Phantom

Avoid, avoid!

I would mind if my friends forgot my birthdays, but people who are only casually acquainted shouldn't even have to know/remember one's birthday.

Prophet

act like a b***h get hit like a b***h.

Brelise's Boyfriend

Aged Ladykiller

Shes nice to boys cause she wants the D

Tipsy Nerd

R i i v o
Shes nice to boys cause she wants the D

I can only assumes she thinks I'm a threat to her D getting capabilities. She assumes too much though, because I already have all the D I could ever want from my 5-year-long committed relationship.

Tipsy Nerd

Anjoulie
Avoid, avoid!

I would mind if my friends forgot my birthdays, but people who are only casually acquainted shouldn't even have to know/remember one's birthday.

I want to, but she works in a lab that I'm really interested in joining. Not sure if I could handle putting up with her s**t for 5+ years though.

Magnetic Phantom

Seppia
Anjoulie
Avoid, avoid!

I want to, but she works in a lab that I'm really interested in joining. Not sure if I could handle putting up with her s**t for 5+ years though.
Awh. sad Will she be there for all that time though?

I'd say if everything else is really where you want to be, join anyway.
You may end up having to establish some baseline of what you won't tolerate from her though.

I didn't have exactly the same problem, but I once decided against joining a lab because I found the attitude of everybody else towards the prof (whenever he wasn't present) so ... depressing.
Maybe that was naive or too idealistic but it really got to me.
It wasn't my sole reason but a part of it.
And in retrospect I'm not always happy with that decision.

Magnetic Phantom

Dickinson McPenistein
I don't understand how people live like that really

being nice to people feels so much better like come on
I don't understand that either.
The sad part is, though, that I have seen people get ahead by doing exactly this.
It's a sick sad world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces