Welcome to Gaia! ::

ponipop's Pardner

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

Máel's smiled wide, embarrassment soon forgotten, at Damien's admission "Of course! It's always great to have people around you, the more the merrier right?" The younger of the two replied but even though it sounded like a question he wasn't really looking for an answer. He was just so happy that Damien considered them both his friends now, that was a major accomplishment for today if he said so himself! Even if the vampire's grumpy looks said differently.

'So bastards can be nice for humans? I'll have to keep that in mind, I wonder if Myrna already knew?' Máel wondered curiously in his mind "Religious types don't generally tend to like demons so.." He trailed off as he spoke figuring that it kind of explained itself as the demon tried not to start chewing on his bottom lip. Anyone with strong religious views, especially priests, usually carried holy water. Which really stung, for demons at least, depending on the amount and the purity of it. So after getting it in his eyes the last time he really hoped he wouldn't ever have to deal with it again.

Kazumii Takane's Husband

User Image

Damien's eyebrow raised slightly in interest as the human had mentioned another religious group. "Pious eh? When you think about, every single one of them is the same, you humans do got it a lot easier though, I work for them and they're friggin' keeping under constant watch." He picked slightly at the device attached to his neck, a green light had been flashing the entire time, it made the already ill tempered vampire much more irritated just for the fact that it was on him. "This damned thing keeps me from using the full power of my ability, they think I'll go overboard and kill a human like I do with dem-..." He paused, forgetting that a demon was standing right across from him, if the tiny guy knew what he did, he'd probably throw some huge panic attack or something.. "Supernatural beings, that's the right term I think."

Up until this point, he was sort of tuning out Mael, but the tiny demon had a really weird reaction, especially for someone as special as he was. He actually seemed pretty worried instead of his annoying cheerful self. "Eh don't worry about it too much, the group I work for only deals with the nasty types, anything that's a threat to humans pretty much. And judging by the look of you, I doubt you'd be able to really hurt even a baby." There were some points where even he had it just as tough as demons, those were the ones the churches really liked to keep under control, guess it had to do with a lot of past fighting or whatever. "Holy water hurts like a b***h, first thing they tried on me when they found me" He grumbled to himself, maybe the little guy would feel more at ease, he didn't exactly know what happened to him, but a lot of those anti demon tricks tended to be painful, even to him.

Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
[ J erichoS aint ]

*but now i lift my head to denounce your reign
*i gaze into the endless space and the stars that planets speak
*come into a place where our hearts can breathe

User Image
[ OutOfCyanide :: ]

indentingThe blue haired boy without much thought, “I’m human.” he answered.

So why was it that Jericho always hid the fact he was a demon? What was he to gain or lose? Well he always felt like he was different from his mother, stepfather and everyone around him. The only one he could relate to was his brother but they never got along that well with each other. It wasn’t like Jericho was ashamed of being a demon, it was just he wanted to avoid judgment and wished for acceptance. In the town he came from, he would have been ostracized if he showed his true form. He wanted to survive so he created the illusion that he was human and everyone believed it. But even at this school, where he would meet species to his own, why did he continue to lie? He had become accustomed to claiming he was a human but deep inside he was afraid that he would be judged for who he truly was. There was still many underlying reasons why but he wasn’t willing to dig deep them up.

forl o c a t i o n :: Outside
                fort h o u g h t s :: I guess we're still calling ourselves human.
                forc o m p a n y :: Isabella
                fora m e l o d y t o f o l l o w m e :: sirius- Eir Aoi

Clean Getaway

Widow

Mega Fatcat

User Image Anselm::

Rolling his eyes in an exasperated fashion, Anselm watched as Nieri takes just nearly all of the bread. Well, he didn't lie. He didn't take ALL of it at least. Small miracles.

There was no need to go overboard, as the new students would soon find out. Most of this food would be available all semester, except for the specials they have each week to give a little variety to the Mess Hall. They'd never lose their chance to grab whatever they want, or try a new dish that's from a different species' culture is they so choose. 'Well, I can't blame them. Not everyone practically lives with their best friend's rich demon family.' Anselm thought, making himself a fairly large sandwich. He was a simple man with simple needs. And this sandwich had everything on it he could possibly fit on it, but that's besides the point. Still, he couldn't help but smile at Finch's overzealous enthusiasm at trying to eat an entire table's worth of food. Nieri was predictable, once again shoving his pockets full of bread.

"Yeah, we can sit there." Anselm said, glancing at the students who where at the other end of it. He recognized them, so returning students, and one unfamiliar face. Maybe a sibling of one of them? That wasn't too rare. Not a problem, then. He began making his way towards the table, every now and then walking around a huddle of students standing around socializing or just in awe. More and more students were trickling in, probably hungry from the morning's excitement.

Layogenic

xMoro-Dashix

Kindly Conversationalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Finch Carter
telekinetic/telepathic | 17 | human

Given new direction, Finch walked - no, pranced - to the table that Nieri and Anselm had pointed out. She set her tray on the table and flopped down, not hesitating even one moment. She was not the type of girl to peck at her food like a bird around boys, or around anyone for that matter. She dug right in, crunching and munching down on her junk food tower. She could not remember the last time she'd been able to eat this way. She would always eat whatever she wanted when at home, but it had been a long time since she'd returned home for any length of time. She hadn't been there since the year her sister died, and in some ways she was avoiding the place so she didn't have to face those old rooms and memories. It was easier to block them out than to face them and risk her powers losing control again. She'd shattered windows in her house as a child. But hot food, that was a comfort that reminded her of good times. Her empty stomach welcomed the nourishment as she nearly seemed to inhale her meal.

One of the problems Finch had with her powers was that she occasionally became very acutely aware of the thoughts of others. Not specific thoughts, of course; that much required concentration. But she could, sometimes, get an idea of the over-arching thoughts and moods of the people around her. It seemed convenient, on paper, but it was actually overwhelming. Her voracious eating slowed some as she began to feel the familiar sensation of knowing someone's thought creep up on her. She could sense nervousness, delight, happiness....and fear? That last one sort of took her by surprise. Going to a new school was somewhat nerve-wracking, to be certain, but not something to be afraid of. With crumbs on her lips and cheeks full of food like a hamster, she looked around briefly for the first time since she'd entered the cafeteria. There were groups of students, young and old, some talking like old friends and some fidgeting on their own, looking anxious. Nothing of any particular interest seemed to be going on. But as her eyes roamed the room, the thoughts and sensations began to ebb. They came and went like a tide, out of her control. She could not even begin to guess who was afraid or why, and as the feeling faded entirely, she swallowed her large mouthful of food, and turned back to face the table.

She looked up from her food at the two boys, her gaze looking a little distant at first. But she blinked and shook her head a little, her smile coming back to show off the gap where her canine tooth had once been. "So why are you guys here? I mean...what do you study? What are your powers?" Finch had never been sure if this was an insulting question or not, but her curiosity could never quite be satisfied until she knew. It was fascinating to meet so many different gifted individuals. She shoved more food in her mouth unceremoniously after asking her question. It seemed like the only time Finch didn't smile was when her mouth was too full of food to allow it.

xMoro-Dashix

ponipop

Tipsy Detective

User Image

She looked at him as he told her she was human. She didn't really believe him their was just something different and interesting about this person interesting enough to not be human. She thought all humans are boring and there was no way he could be human. She stared at him straight into his eyes she had tendency of doing that when she observes people. "Okay if you say so" She said to him. She didn't want to cause any trouble with this young male so she thought it would be best if she just kept quite for now. Maybe if their friendship grew he would tell her. "Do you ever wish you didn't have to wear the mask" She asked him not sure if that was a stupid question or not. She just wanted to know everything about this young male.

CyanidePeach7

Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
[ J erichoS aint ]

*but now i lift my head to denounce your reign
*i gaze into the endless space and the stars that planets speak
*come into a place where our hearts can breathe

User Image
[ OutOfCyanide :: Writer's block (;*△*; ) ]

indentingJericho nodded, “Not all the time. I do need it to help combat against my allergies. But I don't have to wear it, I more so need to wear it..” He responded while adjusting the box of tissues underneath his arm as he observed Isabella. The fairy must have stayed within a small community of her own kind, based on her questions she was asking. The way she looked at him as well seemed like he was perhaps fascinating. Never once had he seen someone with so much fascination in him. He wasn’t sure what to feel about it, but he understood if this was her first interaction.

He then continued, “I think if I were to wish anything, I would probably wish I didn’t have these damnable allergies and a low constitution. ”

forl o c a t i o n :: Outside
                fort h o u g h t s :: ...
                forc o m p a n y :: Isabella
                fora m e l o d y t o f o l l o w m e :: sirius- Eir Aoi

Clean Getaway

Lucky Loiterer

User Image

Human | Crüe Vour | Seventeen

Crüe gave a small chuckle and a crooked smirk. "The religious types also don't like people who tell 'em to go stuff it, either." He spoke to Mael. "I said he had no right claiming one version of a god being superior than another, and now I'm doomed to Hell until I apologise." Crüe shrugged, appearing amused by it all. This was, however, thoroughly dashed as an angry snarl came over him, leaning forward at Damien's motion and explanation of the collar he wore. "You're shittin' me." He huffed the shook his head. "Of course they collared you. They'd collar eveything they could get their gold-robbed mitts on." Crüe grunted.

ponipop's Pardner

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

Nieri glanced over at Anselm to make sure he was keeping up, he and Finch were flitting around pretty fast. Food was a great motivator after all. As he did he caught the end of what he assumed was an eye roll, it wasn't like it would be the first time he'd been on the receiving end of one of those from the cat faunus. One of Nieri's pale eyebrows arched up questioningly, daring his friend to make some sort of comment about his eating habits. It was a pretty normal occurrence so he expected it at this point. Not like it would have stopped the half-demon from consuming absolutely everything on his plate anyway, it never did. The corner of white haired boy's mouth quirked up in amusement at the thought before he turned back around to so he could sit down at the table next to Finch.

Nieri didn't eat quite as ferociously as the energetic girl, Anselm always described it as controlled chaos for the sake of saving his reputation, but he still ate it fairly quickly wasting no time on getting started. Sometimes Anselm would joke that the smaller boy could unhinge his jaw like an actual snake just so he could eat faster. Which was a complete lie.. Well, he was pretty sure anyway. Nieri took the time during their collective silence to shift his gaze around the mess hall. There was more new students then he had been expecting. That or he was forgetting some of the faces that should be more familiar to him. He honestly wouldn't be surprised, they all tended to run together after awhile if they weren't especially useful or interesting. It had even happened with a couple ah... "Friends" of his as well, none of which were particularly happy with the development. Not that it mattered much to him, there always ended up being another waiting in the wings for when he got bored of one.

The slender boy caught the eyes of a few other students though they shifted their gaze quickly when they did. Some out of embarrassment, others fear, a couple actually kept staring with interest though those were few and far between. He wasn't sure which ones he should know, honestly he wasn't even sure it matter though he might mention it to Anselm later. Finch speaking dragged Nieri from his musings as he paused from eating and turned to face her "Hm? Oh, I can hypnotize people with my voice. I suppose you can kind of compare it to what a siren does. They recently coined it as charmspeak, I'm rather partial to the term." He commented with a grin "Also I can control fire a tad, something I got from my father. So as you can probably guess I'm in alot of control type classes. Wouldn't want to accidentally convince someone to jump out a window or fry another student." Accidentally being the key word here, Nieri didn't exactly have any qualms about doing that sort of thing seriously. So it wasn't so much a lie as a half-truth. Not that Finch would know. Anselm would though he was sure.

ponipop's Pardner

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

Máel's pale eyes focused on Damien curiously as the vampire spoke. Dem? Dem what? Maybe he was trying to say them and it just sounded funny because he had some sort of accent? Humans had a ton of them and vampires used to be humans so it would make sense he supposed. The demon didn't question it for long instead giving his full attention to the dark ring around the taller boy's neck. Was that a common thing for humans to do now? Put collars on supernatural people? If it was he hadn't heard much about it. The blinking green light was really distracting though. Whenever he saw it from the corner of his eye he would turn to look at it on instinct. Crüe's voice beside him startled Máel from his thoughts as he shifted his gaze to the human "Hell isn't so bad honestly, I don't know why you humans have such a fear of it. I mean it can be a little warm in the summer but you get used to it I swear." He responded earnestly like he was talking about some nice place you could visit daily and not literally hell itself.

The humor in Crüe's expression was lost though as he acknowledged the collar that encircled Damien's neck and Máel's own expression sombered a bit along with him "He's lucky they didn't do worse to him." He commented though he couldn't bring himself to go into more detail about what exactly he meant by worse. Before anyone could question the demon about it though Damien spoke up. Máel ended up missing the very beginning of what the other was talking about, he was still kind of distracted by thoughts of the collar and religious figures, but caught the rest "Oh, yes, of course." He replied cheerily with a tiny laugh that sounded ever so slightly forced though he tried his best to make it as unnoticeable as possible. It was nice of Damien to try and reassure him though even if he had first hand experience that it wasn't necessarily true. When the vampire mentioned the pain of holy water he visibly winced on instinct without meaning to "Yeah it's not exactly... Pleasant." Máel replied as he looked away pointedly while crossing his arms over his chest, hands squeezing lightly in what was an automatic response in an attempt to calm himself.

Widow

Mega Fatcat

User Image Anselm::

Because he made his sandwich himself, it tasted delicious. Anselm ate at a leisurely pace, however, figuring there was no rush. They had plenty of time before reporting in to the headmaster.

Suddenly, it seemed something had grabbed Finch's attention. Anselm's eyes stayed on his food, but his ears perked up to pay attention. When she turned back around, they relaxed again. Especially at the start of a new school year, he was always slightly on high alert. Last year, a couple students came in like they owned the place and picked a fight with him and Nieri almost before classes could even start. Violent and territorial types came here all the time, it generally came with the whole 'powers' thing. Well, it was no problem for them either way, they could handle themselves. He suppressed a laugh when Nieri explained his powers, knowing that accidents weren't what anyone really had to worry about. Ah, but now he probably owes them to mention his powers....

"My power is that I'm the coolest cat on campus." Anselm said matter-of-factly, looking right at Finch with a straight face. He could practically feel what Nieri thought of that. 'Screw you, Lizard man.' "Well, I'm also physically stronger than most other people. In fact, Combat Training is my best class." He grins briefly, kind of proud of himself. "And my shadow thing I guess..." Ugh. His shadow thing. Anselm didn't like to use that power much, it was just... Lame. And kind of useless most of the time, for one reason or another.

Hilarious Member

"Combat training is my best class!"
From his position leaning against the wall, the old man had a clear view the back of Anselm's head, and the boy's boasting of his bravery in battle reminded him of his own son, and the comparison, though wildly inappropriate for who his son was and what his son had killed, made him chuckle with amusement. He supposed he would have to instruct the whelp.

Slowly, the old man removed himself and strode towards Anselm with the confidence of a man in the prime of his youth. He wore simple clothes, a silk shirt and pants the color of new fallen snow with a blue tie. His left eye was covered by a dark eye patch, and his silvery hair flowed into a mighty beard of white that stretched down to his belt buckle. The man was tall, and impossibly fit for someone of his advanced age; His arms were nearly as thick around as tree trunks, as was his waist. A cane of silver clinked lightly against the floor as he approached.

"Your best class, you say?" He rumbled as he approached. His voice was tinted with a norse accent, and his one visible eye twinkled darkly as he spoke to Anselm.

((OOC: Sorry if the first post is wonky, But Hi everybody!))

Tipsy Detective

User Image

Isabella felt a little stupid asking him all these questions she was just so curious about everything and wanted to everything about everything. She felt like she missed out on the world so much now. She nodded her head while listening to the young male. She was so fascinated in him and she had never seen anything like it before. "So what made you come to this school" She asked him. She knew her reason was just to get away from her horrible home she was so sick of being locked inside the castle walls. She knew that not everybody had a bad past like hers. They probably came here because they wanted to and not because they needed to.

Occ: Sorry for the late reply I have been busy with finals. But I have two weeks off now. So I'll have more free time. (:
CyanidePeach7

Kindly Conversationalist

Finch Carter
telekinetic/telepathic | 17 | human

Finch gushed at Nieri's explanation of his abilities. She had never heard of charmspeak before, as she had never met a siren either. Her expression was one of fascination, and she swallowed what she was chewing before reacting to Nieri. She nudged him good naturedly with her elbow, not nearly enough to hurt and mostly out of excitement. "Ah! Nieri! That's so cool!" Finch was nearly unable to see the bad in anyone, and so the thought that he might use his abilities to harm others never even entered her mind. After all, he had been so nice to her so far, how could he be mean? "Charmspeak sounds really neat! I bet you never got in trouble when you were younger, right? Just charmed your parents!" She laughed a little at this, and turned her head toward Anselm as she did so. Even sitting she had to look up at him a little, and it only added to the sense of awe about her as the two slightly older boys explained their abilities. Inwardly, she was bursting with glee and a little bit of nervousness. 'Anselm is cool? Am I hanging out with the cool upperclassmen? Already?!' she thought to herself, the voice inside her head going a mile a minute. This time though, she managed not to project her thoughts to everyone around her.

Nieri had charmspeak, Anselm has superhuman strength and....a shadow thing? "Wait...what shadow thing? Tell me! You gotta tell me!" She sat up on her knees on the bench seating at the lunch table. "You have to tell me, Anselm, or I'll wonder forever!" She was smiling though, and obviously not serious. But she was incredibly curious, and wanted to hear about his shadow powers. They were both so unique to her, as she had never met anyone like either of them. She'd met many witches, and vampires, and shapeshifters, but nobody so unusual as this.

Suddenly though, Finch's smile faded away and she sat back down very quickly, her mood changing in a split second from excited to nervous. A man with arms at least twice the size of her whole body had approached their table. It felt like he cast a shadow over her, blocking out the light with his great height. Finch shrank down a bit in her seat, staring up at the man in silent awe. She had no idea who he was, but he could definitely snap her in half if he wanted to. Slowly, her gaze shifted to Nieri, and then to Anselm, waiting to see what would happen and how her new friend would respond. His response would gauge her opinion of the giant man in front of her. There was, after all, always the possibility that he looked terrifying but was actually friendly. That happened, right?

[[Terrible post, I'm sorry. Little bit of writer's block.]]

Kazumii Takane's Husband

User Image

Damien shrugged, he still seemed really irritated by the collar, but he couldn't do much about it now. "Eh... pretty true, they'd pretty much make anyone's life a living hell if they didn't agree with them like you said..." He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes. "Problem is, I use my own blood to fight, it's called blood crystallization.That'd be nice and all if I wasn't a vampire, the more of my blood I lose, the hungrier I get, and that kinda makes me go on a crazy killing spree..." For the first time since he'd entered this academy, the vampire had a grin on his face, although, it was more a sinister one. This time, his long sharp fangs were clearly noticeable. "Course, you humans are safe from that, so don't worry too much.."

The grin vanished almost in an instant as he heard an uneasy voice coming from Mael, he was honestly surprised to hear this from him, mentioning something about how he was lucky or something, the guy was like a little kid finding out things for the first time, hyper and annoying. He could somewhat tell that the demon was uncomfortable, he even started hugging himself now, Christ, what the hell was he supposed to do about this?.. Comforting wasn't something he was exactly good at, hell interaction with anyone was a pain in the a** for him. What was that thing adults did to kids to cheer them up?... He put his hand on top of the demon's white head, patting his hair slightly. "Look, don't worry, it's tough not being human and having crazies like that around, but the both of us got your back, so if anyone messes with you, we'll kick their a**, got it?" It would have probably would have been more sentimental if he wasn't giving the same look he normally always had..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff