Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have the original games and I still play them. I heard that they were both remastered but I never bothered with those.

I have heard that Final Fantasy X-2 was generally disliked and unpopular but I thought it was quite fun.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
FFX-2 gets a bad rap. It's got a great soundtrack and the best battle system of any Final Fantasy.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
I don't know about X-2. Like, I love skimpy costumes in video games! Men, women, doesn't matter, bring on the chain mail bikinis! But since Yuna started out as a not half naked character, it seemed kinda cheap to me that they made her suddenly wearing hotpants. There were a lot of little things like that that bugged me.

But I haven't played in so long, maybe I just need to try it again. Just jump in and play it and know what I'm gonna get so nothing's a surprise!

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I played them a few months ago so I could get into the FF series. I loved X but X-2 was abysmal. I just can't play it. I hated the battle system which unfortunately seems to be the main battle system in all FF games, but I found it more enjoyable in FF9. Characters are boring. Story is completely pointless, hunting for spheres, yayayayayay!!!! I don't think I'll ever finish X-2.

Versatile Receiver

I still think that anyone who didn't like X-2 didn't really get it lol

sorry to be a hipster emo
X-2 wasn't Square's best example of storytelling, but if you couldn't have fun just playing it, there's something wrong with you. As JRPGs go, the gameplay, especially the battle system, is nothing short of perfection, and I would think that Final Fantasy fans of all people would especially be able to appreciate that.

Kawaii Shoujo

ffx-2 is pretty horrible storywise but it's a very fun game. a lot of people are playing them because of the re-release, last i heard.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Oh god I hated FFX-2. I thought it was terrible. The characters were super bland and that you only got three to choose from was super super boring. Worst FF game I have ever played.

It's a shame because I absolutely love FFX and it's literally the only PS2 game (or game in general besides Pokémon) that I replay again and again and again.

Kawaii Shoujo

I never played either game but I am considering on getting the remastered versions.

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I really only play X to be honest with you. I have a really big love/hate relationship with the game. It could be sad to admit but so what. I still play it at least. Just X-2 I could never get into.
Oh my god. Allow me to rant, for I am the biggest Final Fantasy fan you will ever meet.

I ADORE FINAL FANTASY X. I hear that everybody doesn't like Tidus because he's childish or whatever. But when you really think about it, his character and that aspect of it brings him out more. He's cheerful and fun and sometimes, I really wish I could meet a guy like him.

Yuna, she's sweet and sure, people thinks she's annoying and too mary-sue. But when you really understand her and what situation she's under, I think people expect that from her because she's pretty famous because of her father. Plus she's dedicated to defeating Sin and wants to make everybody happy for defeating the Calm.

Out of all the Final Fantasies, I have to say this storyline is very well planned and it just hooks you in..

Now, I have some real problems about X-2...

Why did Yuna have to change her appearance? She was soooo beautiful before! And that goes along with Rikku. Sure, I understand her dress was a little too long for adventuring and sphere hunting, but why does she have to look almost IDENTICAL to Tidus.
Compare Tidus and Yuna from FFX-2 okay?
Somewhat same hair, Jecht logo, and their outfits are almost the same.
I know Yuna really loved Tidus, but to nearly copy his outfit?

When I proved my point there, people started understanding that Yuna was a little to obsessed with Tidus. I guess I understand since she really loved him soooo much. But that really disappointed me. And also, compare Yuna's MASSIVE personality change from X to X-2.

My rant is over =3= Argue with my point all you want-

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I much prefer Final Fantasy IX to X. X-2 was good, but I hated X. Mostly due to the mother ******** main character, Tidus. ******** that whiny little c**t.

Shirtless Raider

I was ok with it, 12 was kinda boring

Lonely Citizen

I don't know what happened to my copy of X-2 but I actually really liked that game.
I loved final fantasy 10, from monster catching to the amazing boss battles that followed and the drug addiction that is blitzball, this was the game for me. X-2 was ok, i enjoyed the different costumes and the New Game plus feature but what they did to my beloved blitzball i can never forgive them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff