Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Sex Symbol

User Image

Everyтнιɴɢ I do ιѕ ⋍bittersweet⋍

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╯Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ↣ ᴍᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ I·ʟʟ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ

I'м ɴoт╳╳ тryιɴɢ тo нυrт yoυ, I jυѕт love тo ѕpeαĸ

User Image

x
                            x
                            x

It wasn’t long before she head footsteps approaching, thank goodness too because roads are terribly boring.

“Lorra?”

The young woman also thanked everything it was someone she knew, Nolan. Now that she thinks about it, when was the last time she had actually had a decent conversation with the man? They haven’t interacted much since they were kids, grew up she supposed.

“Are you alright?”

Lorra noticed the change in the distance of his voice, clothing rustling. He was down at her level now, likely crouching or kneeling. She smiled at his concern, still staring straight ahead. “Yes, I’m fine Nolan, I was terribly bored though,” the blonde admitted with a small laugh. Once again his voice was moving, up this time. At the mention of another name, Lorra turned her head slightly in his direction, interest now caught. “Yes, I am going to the festival” she answered. The woman perked up at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. “I’m afraid I haven’t seen him around either,” she said, looking up and giving Nolan a sly grin.

Rory, a not a common name, but it was cute. “I’m Lorraine,” she began, “but please, call me Lorra.” Now that she thought about it, Rory was likely more common than Lorraine Genevieve. The boy continued to talk, he reminded her of her housekeeper with his rambles. Unfolding her cane, she awkwardly stood up, she despised curbs and they were the bane of her existence.

“You carry some weird stuff.”

The musician couldn't help but chuckle a little, she supposed he was talking about her cane. “It is a bit odd I agree,” she agreed, “helpful though.” Rory was certainly bouncy, jumping from topic to topic, question to question, faster than she could keep up with them. Lorra pondered over his request to see the instruments, those were the only objects she could think of that can stand out on the street. Unless, of course, she had completely missed something. “Flute and French Horn,” she answered, tapping them with her cane, “you can see them if you help me carry them to the festival grounds,” she promised. Fair trade she supposed, there was no way she was carrying everything by herself, and he did sound rather excited to see them.

Lorra stepped over the curb, a look of unease momentarily crossed her face. Tapping with the cane, she located Nolan, hitting him lightly on the leg, “sorry.” Folding up her cane, she stuck her arm out. “Would it be too much to ask for a gentleman like you to walk me to the festival?” She asked, exaggerating the word gentleman, teasing the younger man.

x
x

⊰ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ || rory and nolan ⊱
                                ⊰ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ || roselea town, street ⊱
                                ⊰ ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ || clothing
                                ⊰ ᴏᴏᴄ || blind people be so frekking sassy. nolan should just piggyback her, no gentleman arm holds, just man child piggybacks ⊱

p e a c h and DINGO

Donut Witch

High-functioning Sex Symbol

ARLO.ETHEN.BARETT.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌✤✤✤

User Image

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ A n i m a l xxx S h o p xxx A s s i s t a n t
▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

“By the lord ******** me I will never ever get used to that ******** smile of his,” Arlo though, returning creepy grin with their own, far more normal, grin. Although it may have been a touch nervous, Chesh was kinda freaky and he wasn’t too happy at the moment. The Great Dane was still insistent on saying hello, but Arlo kept a firm grip on the leash, displaying minimal problems in keeping her away.

“Dottie chill the ******** out.”

At the man’s comment, their eyebrows knitted together in confusion, again. Since, well, what the ******** man it is tea, how is there no business? Wait, hold up, there’s a festival? Since when? Why? What kind of festival could there be? Arlo did a 360, taking a look at their surroundings. Flowers. Flower decorations everywhere. Why the ******** did this town celebrate flowers of all things, what is wrong with the people here?

“Oh wow, ********, I thought it was someone’s birthday or alien kidnapping,” Arlo blurted out, appalled by the fact that there was a festival and how come they never ******** know these things? They have friends, what are they doing not reminding Arlo that there’s things to do. Plus, they’re flowers man chill the hell out they’re plants.

How dare Chesh smile. This was not a laughing matter, or a smiling one at that. “I didn't forget,” they defended themselves. Scoffing at his comment on ‘it’s been the latest ******** discussion in town’, and the whole hopeless thing because well ******** Arlo was not hopeless; hopelessly beautiful sure, but not hopeless. “Well, obviously someone forgot to tell me.” They did however perk up at the comment of people attending festival with other people. Specifically them attending with Chesh. Ooooh, how exciting.

And the mood was completely ******** ruined because Chesh doesn't like dogs. “But Dottie isn't a dog,” they paused, staring at her. Well, what else could she be? [********, come up with something good. Make it super convincing, come on you’re smart use that brain for something good."

“She’s a Dottie, makes her special.”

Wow, that went swimmingly. Now that was an absolutely spectacular display of genius right there. Why did they even bother with anything? “Well, she hasn't jumped on you yet,” they offered, keeping the struggling dog in place. “Goddammit sit will you,” they complained to the dog, “you’re gonna make me lose my hot dude.” Slowly, Dottie sat down, still staring at the tall man before her. “See, best Dottie behavior,” they presented the dog with a wide swing of their arms, “promise she won’t jump on you.” Arlo understood that Chesh much preferred cats, judging by how every time he came into the store he left with only the best for his 'babies’. Well, Dottie was Arlo’s baby, plus who could not like her she was wonderful. She was however big, slobbery and gross, but still ever so wonderful. “So, we still gonna make it a date?” They asked with a wink, because there was no way they were attending a ******** flower festival unless there were some kind of perks, and hot people were up there on the perk list.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

✘ outfit┆clothing herexxxx✘ where┆Roselea Town, streets/outside tea shopxxxx✘ with┆Chesh, not a dogDottie xxxx✘ ooc┆not all dogs

Winndy
User Image

User Image

All I really want is something beautiful to say...

He had accepted!
                                                  He was going to the flower festival with her!

Though it shouldn't have come as a surprise to her, the brunette was still overjoyed. Kathrine typically did not have issues with her self-esteem, but every once and a while she would occasionally wondered if the people she saw really enjoyed her company as much as they said they did. After all, she had always done her best to communicate as efficiently and easily as possible with those around her, but Kathrine still felt as though sometimes she could be a burden on others. For those whose first language wasn't English, to those who couldn't read well at all, she had no real way of communicating with them other then the use of body language and mouthing her words. And even those that were never troubled by her written method, she sometimes could not prevent the nagging voice in the back of her head from saying "They must not like having to wait for me to write out my responses each and every time they say something to me..." These thoughts had tended to leave her feeling self-conscience and uneasy.

But not with Harley, no.
                                                  And this was one of the very many reasons why she liked him so much. Her lack of voice never bothered him; He never rushed her nor did her ever make her feel awkward for having to write out what she needed to say. He might have been childish, at times, but never at her expense and because of this, she always enjoyed his company greatly. So when he had agreed, Kathrine couldn't contain her excitement. The brunette squeezed her eyes shut as a silent squee of delight escaped her lips. Of course, no noise came out, but the cute expression on her face more then made up for it.

But it didn't stop there; Harley mentioned how he was going with "one of the best people in town". Blue eyes reopened and then subsequently widened, as a pair of delicate hands flew up to Kathrine's face. Her hands proceeded to sightly obscure her coy smile as well the pink in her cheeks that now matched her dress. His statement had cause that reaction and this was her attempt at covering her overly flushed cheeks before the sprite could notice. She was relieved when he didn't notice -- or at least hadn't commented on it -- but instead, proceeded to add that they could possibly pick up her cousins along the way. Kathrine smiled at this, removing her hands from her mouth, nodding enthusiastically. She certainly hoped so! Giselle had not been feeling well that morning, and the brunette could only hope that she would feel better enough to be out and about this afternoon instead. Celestine on the other hand... well... Kathrine wouldn't have been surprised if she had never left the house to begin with. And with that thought, she secretly stifled a silent laugh.

Kathrine felt her heart jolt when Haley gently grasped her hand, in an attempt to lead her towards the festival. The strange sensation -- though certainly not unpleasant -- was completely unexpected. Before the girl could even begin to contemplate the reason for her reaction, though, Harley had stopped short. She had nearly bumped into him and only managed to save herself from not doing so in the nick of time. She looked up at him with curious blue eyes, her expression clearing stating "Hm? What's the matter?" Ah! He had reminded her that she still needed to give her gift to the Harvest King! Isn't why she had went to the Shrine in the first place? She gave Harley a sheepish grin, clearly embarrassed that she had forgotten something so important. The sprite then asked her if she wanted to give the King her gift now or later on during the day.

The brunette cocked her head to the side in thought, a hand on her chin, as she glanced up at the sky. Either option sounded good, but if they went to the festival first, there was a good chance that they would get so caught up in the festivities that they could easily forget returning to the Shrine to give the King her gift. Upon making her decision, she noticed that Harley had let go of her hand so she could "tell" him what she wanted to do. Quickly scribbling down the words in her notebook, she handed the book back to him to read, once she was done. "I'd like to give the Harvest King his gift now, that way I won't accidentally forget later on." it said underneath what she had written to him earlier. She certainly hoped he didn't find it rude that she hadn't turned to a new page, but Kathrine tried to use up as much space as possible; The young lady would go through notebooks at an alarming rate if she didn't otherwise.

After he had read it and agreed to her decision, Kathrine slipped her soft hand into his once more, and found that it was her turn now to lead Harley to their destination. She pulled him along gently and playfully, as they both made their way up to the steps of the Shrine. "Oh! Maybe Cecilia is inside!" Came the delightful thought that had quickly popped into her mind. And if so, the brunette could give her priestess friend her gift as well! Feeling almost giddy, Kathrine stepped into the Shrine with the sprite in tow.

And once she was inside, Kathrine stopped short.
                                                  The Shrine was not empty. The person she was expecting to see was not there, but instead two figures remained in her place. The first one she did not know. She was a young woman, who was a bit shorter then herself, dressed in a cloak with long golden blonde hair. And when that young woman had turned to look in their direction, Kathrine could not help noticing her eyes; One was a brilliant blue while the other was a beautiful green.

But this strange woman had not been the source of her shock. It was the person she had been speaking to, which was none other then Harvest King himself! Kathrine had only saw the Harvest King once. She had never been blessed with his presence when she was at the Shrine accompanying Cecilia for tea or gathering Harley for another "town adventure". And typically, when she would come to pray and give an offering, she tended not to stay for very long. And the one time he had shown up in person to thank her for her prayers and beliefs, Kathrine could clearly remember being so surprised that she had barely nodded her head in thanks before running off out of embarrassment.

Locking eyes with the King, she realized that she had been staring in a shocked awe the entire time and quickly came to her senses. In record speed, Kathrine's hand had release Harley's from her grasp and then dove into her messenger bag. She didn't need to rummage, for the King's decorative bag was twice the size of anyone else's she had made. And without a second though, she proceeded to pull out the extra large sized bag of her flower-shaped chocolates, that were adorned with a deep red ribbon. She hesitated for a moment afterwards though, gift in hand, clearly both a bit intimidated and embarrassed at the situation as a whole. She couldn't believe that the Harvest King was in front of her! Right here, right now! She was still so caught off guard, that for a moment, she almost considered running out the door, not unlike what Celestine would have probably done in this very situation. But the brunette regained her resolve and slowly approached both the woman and the King; She only felt it right to give the gift to him herself.

When they made eye contact again -- and having forgot to write anything in her book due to nerves -- Kathrine mouthed the words "For you, Harvest King." The brunette then bowed her head every so slightly, out of respect, and held out the chocolates in front of him with slightly shaky hands.

Lσcαтιση : The Shrine
                                                  Mσσɗ : Overjoyed --& Shocked, nervous and in awe
                                                  Cσмραηу : Harley, Alouette, and Harvest King
                                                  OσC : OMFG I kept rambling, I don't know if half if it even made sense, I'm sorriessss :'D

Hiroko-Kun

Merlin The Mage

Donut Witch

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    Humans are entirely too FASCINATING.

I was once filled with spite for their cruelty and carelessness.

Alas, how a creature so young, so NAIVÉ be anything but?

I can not help but dote upon them as a mother with her offspring.

"I suppose the usual is just a nice distraction from the unusual." Who she was, how she came to be and her continued existence were by no means usual. By following a routine and busying herself she was able to not dwell on the things that fouled her mood. No Alder, not the council and not the reason for her being alive. After boasting for a while about his talent for smiling when asking for things and his adept priestess, he made mention that he was surprised she'd stayed for so long. Was that really so unusual? There was the fact she was not tied to the town, but she'd made her home there and where else would she go? As possible as it was to return to where she had been before, that surrounding would only influence her down a darker path. A path that would squander the last gifts her beloved had managed to give her.

The blonde pushed it from her thoughts and untied her cloak, preparing to offer it to the god after he accepted her invitation. She was quickly interrupted however by a baffled and all together reverential human. That was promising. The girl seemed to pay Alouette no mind. Which was fine. It would be better for a human girl to not commit the witch to memory, lest they pry and stumble across secrets she wished them not to have. She'd taken leaves of absence from town before due to carelessness, but with her current goals she desperately wished it would not come to that. As the woman offered the king a present, Alouette beamed at him.

He'd be delighted with the offering, surely. Even more so, it was a good omen for his decision to venture out. Perhaps more people had begun to believe again. Maybe he would be surprised by what he found. On the other hand, maybe the outing would turn sour. She folded the cloak over her arm and waited for the harvest king to finish his business with the offering. If it came down to is, she could always force people who were being rude to turn around and walk away. It wasn't the most pleasant magic, but it had no lingering effects. "I'll wait just outside for you." He could take the cloak from her then if he so desired.

xxx

Donut Witch

x Avino x

Harvest King's Shrine / / LOCATIONxxxx
Harvest King, Katherine > Alone / / COMPANYxxxx
Hopeful / / MOODxxxx

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image

[[OOC ]]

“He’s been sick since I was a little girl. And he has to stay in the hospital because of it. Right now he’s in the main city, but I’m hoping that soon the medicine will help enough that he can move over here with me,”

He wondered about the medicine. What kind of illness did he have? How long had it been so bad? How long could someone survive like that?

“Are your parents around?”

While the thoughts swirled and the overly personal and slightly insensitive questions pushed to get free from his lips, a waitress walked up. Declan did not think much of her immediately. She was just the help here and he was interested in whatever Estelle was saying. Like most people, the young seamstress acknowledged the waitress that came to stand near them. Declan broke his gaze from Estelle's lips and moved them to the brunette's. They were engaged in conversation, and although he normally made no effort to understand the wordy communication between hearing people, he caught onto one thing. Estelle tried to order a water; it was something she wouldn't have to pay for.

”You have to order something, at least a drink,”

Silence was probably a more prominent phenomenon to hearing people. They were so aware of the lack of noise, it was almost comical. Declan was always aware of the pressured way the air felt with people chattering all the time. Right now, the air felt pressured by something else... that awkwardness that came with conversation so often.

”Juice maybe? Or a slice of cake if you prefer,”

"Get her an iced hazelnut coffee and a strawberry pillow."

”And sir, what would you like?”

Had he not already been looking at the waitress, he would not have seen she asked him anything. To be honest, with the angle of her face, he had no idea what she was saying, but the scenario was so scripted, it was only common sense he would respond with an order.

"Quad shot breve, caramel flavoring and a Florentine crepe." He thought he saw that on a menu or something. It sounded good.

"My parents move around. They haven't been to visit since I moved here two years ago. They are both well. So are my brothers."

He remembered something and reached out, snatching the waitress by the elbow. He wasn't rough with her,but he was firm and deliberate. His eyes squared in on her own. "My coffee. Make it iced."

Warm drinks were intolerable.

As swiftly as he had taken her arm, he now slipped his fingers gently and almost in a very warm manner along her arm, off the curve of her elbow and calmly set his hands on the table. "Did you get your hair color from your father?"

where: the cafe with: Estelle & the waitress feeling: nosy

Kathryn Anon

Kajilenu

saya shiver's Waifu

Alien Friend

User Image
ѕιℓαѕ νιℓℓαяяєαℓ

xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        The books didn't look like they had really been damaged when they had taken a tumblr, thankfully. Silas would have felt awful about it if they had. He understood how important books were to Chi, since he had much the same feeling about them. When she had returned his greeting, Silas wanted to give a smile, or any kind of expression to key in that he had heard it and acknowledged it. As always though with his curse, he continued to look stoic and unyielding in giving away his true feelings on this, or any matter. "I believe so." He stated upon her question of attending the festival. Again, he had no thoughts of going with anyone in particular, but he did enjoy the flowers.

He recalled when he first got here in the winter time, and there was a Starry Night festival. Silas greatly liked that one. He hasn't been here long to have experienced all the holidays Roselea has to offer, but he had a feeling that the one around the stars would be his favorite. Chitaru had then given a quiet murmur of an apology. Silas paused. What could he say? It really wasn't any bother to him, and he hadn't quite been paying attention to where he had been going either. But he knew how his curse worked. Try to tell her that she is fine and everything was fine wouldn't come out as he had intended. Thus he only gave a one worded reply in response. "Okay."

Looking to the stack of books Chitaru was carrying Silas eyed them for a moment. "Do you require assistance?" He asked, having paused to think of how he could word his question of wanting to see if she needed help with carrying them. It truly could be difficult at times communicating with people. Thankfully with his job as a waiter it didn't require much need for social skills, beyond being able to take an order and ask the typical question of 'how is everything?' If he had to be a bit more talkative, then Silas wouldn't be sure what to do. He would accidentally insult someone sooner or later if he had to be more social.

xxxxxx

Mσσ∂ ⊕ A little guilty xxxxxƜιтн ⊛ Chitaru xxxxxƜнєяє ⊗ Streets of Roselea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

((OoC: This is so over due. I'm sorry it took me so long to post and that it isn't the best. ._.))

Cherry_Sugar_Pop
User Image

a r t h u r x d o n o v a n x b e n s o n

[ x p r i e s t x ]

• Arthur was bewildered at what Zelda was saying to him. He certainly wasn't happy anything that she had just said. He didn't know why she avoided telling him why she had kept everything a secret from him, and he didn't know what to do. He breathed deeply, trying to process her words. Clearly she was distraught about something, and normally, he would talk to her and try to talk to her. But this wasn't normal. He was upset at everything, too. Shouldn't he have some his of his questions answered? Shouldn't he be comforted some way?

But then he thought about the countless times he had spent at the bar and at each other's homes. He thought about all the times Zelda had patiently been there for him through his own struggles and realized that she never really came to him for help very much. It pained him to come to his realization, but at the same time, it was better late than never. He suddenly felt that he had been an awful friend this whole time. He hadn't noticed that Zelda had locked herself away from anyone because he was too busy ranting about his own problems all the time.

So even though he desperately wanted to know what was going on with Zelda and even though he definitely was upset, he decided it was finally time for him to put Zelda, not himself, first. It was long overdue anyway.

"No Zelda," he finally spoke. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. You didn't ruin anything." He spoke slowly, carefully choosing his words. "And don't ever say that you're stupid and worthless because you're not. You're my best friend and I love you and nothing in my life has been working out these past few months, except that you're back, and that's all that matters so...so never think badly of yourself because I'm a wreck without you." His gaze fell to the floor as he sighed. "If anything, I should be the sorry one. It's taken me this long to realize what an awful friend I've been to you. You always listen to me and help me, but it feels like I've never been able to do anything for you." It really sucked to admit it out loud, but now at least he could change things for the better.

"So what I'm trying to say is," he said. "Whatever's going on... I really wish you could tell me... But I want you to tell me at your own pace, when you're comfortable. I'll wait as long as I need to, and don't feel pressured into anything because that's the last thing I'm trying to do." He looked back to Zelda and held up his pinky finger. "But could I at least get you to promise me that you'll come to me if something happens? I'll always be on your side, Zelda." Because if not Zelda, who else?

Hiroko-Kun

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User Imagexxxxxxxxxx LOCATION — CÁFE xxxxx COMPANY — DECLAN xxxxx MOOD — AWKWARD
                                        x.═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                        User Image
                                            Ella faltered. Her lips hesitated, slightly parted, as she struggled with the sudden and somewhat humiliating denial she had suddenly become faced with. Her cheeks burned a little as she glanced sidelong towards the menu for a moment, thoughtfully clenching the inside of her cheek between her teeth, struggling to come up with some other answer besides ‘just water, please’. It really wasn’t that hard a task, she just couldn’t bring herself up from the decided defeat. But the last thing she expected was for her impromptu date to ‘save the day’ and cover for her.

She sighed quietly in relief, her eyes sliding closed for a moment before she looked up to offer Declan a quiet, thankful smile. She didn’t need to say or sign anything for her appreciation to shine; her expression and body language, slightly timid and a little uncomfortable though still visibly relieved, spoke volumes.
                                            “Thank you,” she murmured despite that, settling into her chair and facing him properly again as he made his order. It was curious; the sudden move to catch the waitress, insisting on iced coffee, with such a startling reflex wasn’t something Estelle would have expected from the man. She offered a small smile when the waitress was finally released, though her mind immediately settled on one thought:
                                            What did he even order me?

A smile found it’s way to Estelle’s lips as the conversation turned to focus on her father. She nodded her head at his question, smiling almost proudly as she brought her fingers up to idly toy with the longer edges of her bangs.
                                            “Yea,” she noted with a pleased sigh. “My mother was brunette and everybody was pretty surprised when I turned out with grey hair,” she added in, mostly unnecessary, explanation. After a moment she turned her attention fully on him, a curious light in her eyes as she cocked her head to the side. “So your brothers,” she inclined curiously, moving her idle hands down to rest on the table as well. “What’s it like? I never had siblings,” she added in explanation with a slightly awkward giggle. “So I like to imagine, sometimes, what it might’ve been like if I did. I imagine it would be nice always having a playmate as a child.”

p e a c h and DINGO

Risky Risk-Taker

18,825 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Planetary Technician 150
User Image

x ~ ZeldaxHarper

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x ~ A Force More Powerful than Gravity. It's physics, there's no escape!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x ~ Currently hanging with Arthur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x ~ Currently located at the church.

Zelda blinked away welling tears again in an attempt to keep herself together. It was really too late for that, but trying was still possible. It made her feel a little better to think that maybe he hadn't noticed. It was impossible he didn't know, but she'd ignore that thought. The silence after her last sentence felt heavy on her shoulders. What could really be said after that? She hadn't told him anything useful about why she disappeared. Her excuse for not writing wasn't even worth noting. She tilted her head to the side and chewed her lip again as she glanced aside to watch Arthur. His face was like a mask of too many emotions to properly read. Who knows what emotion was the strongest right now? Zelda wouldn't blame him for any of it. After all, she started this by fleeing. How cowardly.

Zelda felt her breath catch in her throat though when Arthur finally opened his mouth. She didn't ruin anything? Now that was unbelievable. It was also more unbelievable to hear the words I love you from him. They were preceded by saying she was his best friend, but they were still words she never thought she'd hear from that voice. A voice that soothed her wild mind and made her want to better herself. It haunted her nightmares and was the star of her dreams. And yet.... Arthur looked at the floor and avoided her gaze. He had admitted that he needed her and felt embarrassed. All Zelda could think was that this had to be another dream. This wasn't real. The tears spilled over again and she sniffed, quite un-ladylike, as she let out a strained laugh. "Yeah, 'cause you're the a*****e here," she joked.

She fell silent again to let him finish as she played with her dress again. He finally looked up and held up his pinky. A pinky promise? Really? Zelda laughed her first genuine laugh as she wiped at her face for hopefully the last time. How childish a gesture and yet it was probably the perfect symbol of their relationship. It wasn't mature. It wasn't normal. It wasn't what adults were supposed to go through. It wasn't supposed to be centered around bitching and drinking, yet it was. It was childish. It was weird. It was special and she wouldn't miss a moment of it. Lifting her hand she slipped her pinky finger around his and locked it tight. Green eyes caught Arthur's pale ones as her lips slipped into that same crooked smile she'd flashed him a thousand times. "Yeah, I promise. I'll come to you for anything. And I promise too that I....." she paused and swallowed a small lump in her throat. "I love you too."

She let go of his finger and felt her face blush red. That wasn't exactly what she wanted to say, but it was what she blurted out. She had meant to say that she would tell him the truth in the future when she was ready. Her mind, however, decided to make a decision without consulting her first. Great. Zelda stood up promptly and smoothed out her dress as she glanced at the exit. It wasn't a good idea to run after just apologizing for that exact thing, but her heart was urging her to run and hide. Stupid brain. ******** you. "So, d-did you have any plans for the festival?" she asked. She couldn't really go among people with her face streaked from the tears, but she would rather do that than stay completely alone after saying that aloud. "I imagine since the festival is here at the church you'll be super damn busy, right?" Maybe. She didn't and yet did want him to be busy with the festival. It really felt sucky to be her right now.

Like a satellite,
xxxI'm in orbit all the way around you
xxxxxxAnd I would fall out into the night.
xxxxxxxxxCan't go a minute without your love.

Natural CHICLE
x
x
x

( ) █████ ██████████ ███████████████

T I M E S K I P

Today is now Spring 14! It is Harmony Day!

Do you have that special someone to give some sweets to?

The current time is late morning
                                                  The weather is warm, sunny and breezy

x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces