• Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Eostar Dust
Scobre
Eostar Dust
Scobre
guns and wings
They don't want to nor will do anything about inflation. Inflation benefits them. If it's hard or close to impossible to keep up with inflation through free ways (which it is), people will either be force to leave the site or use GC to keep up, and if users have an investment into the site already, they will more than likely purchase some GC here and there. Any attempt to try to tackle inflation is just for show, which is pretty clear from their actions.

Pretty much this is what has been happening since the introduction of Flynn's Booty. Inflation makes them money. I've just learned to accept that Gaia will never fix inflation under current management. It has made me appreciate the gold shops a lot more again. Free item grants are nice too.
Yeah but I wish they would update the gold shops more. But now I'm afraid that if they do update the goldshps that they are going to make the gold shop items expensive too like they've done with Loyal's Bazaar. I wouldn't put it past them.

I would love for gold shops to be updated too especially the neglected shops. Even Rallies and Towns could use with a new item update once in awhile. Shame Back Alley Bargains can't get gold shop items as well for like zOMG! themed outfits. Nah, no gold shop is as expensive as Loyal's Bazaar XD.
Especially the neglected ones! After all, some of those have good items just like the others. And I am so glad I've never had an account be a member of it yet. I wouldn't buy anything anything. Although buying from Loyal's would be a better goldsink than the actual ones since we don't know where that money really goes to.

Loyal's Bazaar isn't too bad. I mean there are items under the 1 mil mark range that are really nice. But yeah the 2 billion and up items are too much. I just use GoFusion and gold shops as an alternative to marketplace now and very happy using both things.

Magical Raider

Good morning, Gaia.
Pewpewkachu
Caffeinated Layla

We do have proof, in the form of Zero outright saying that said gold was GENERATED during testing. Which is even worse than if the staff were buying gold gens, because at least then, they'd be putting some money back into the site.

But, no, it was, indeed, poofed out of thin air.

They probably aren't actually recycling Kickstarter event gold, but some of us wouldn't put it past them anyways, because of their track record of sleaze, lately (it is, however, a distinct possibility that they are artificially inflating the amount of gold being put into these gold sinks to make it look like people are falling all over themselves to buy gold just to throw away, which would encourage other people to buy gold to throw away, because as we all know by now, Gaia sees us as sheep.)..

User Image

==================================

Did he actually say that?
I can't seem to find the post that he made nor do I remember which thread he posted in, was it this one or the one in the GCD???? =/
(I do believe you, just want to re-read what he posted)

It seems so, I was baffled at first when I noticed that the mule they used was quite a new account but it may explain where the Gold came from and answer some questions, it was a dumb move though to use that Gold to purchase something and shove more inflation on our heads, I do remember Zero actually saying something like they wanted to give some users a helping hand by giving them fast amounts of gold so they could obtain some items that they (the users) would love to have, but don't they realize that that gold has now become worthless as the prices go up and up and up?! ><

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that to be honest x_x Every-time I log on I go and check the page to Torii's to see how much gold has been sunk and it has surprised me that the kick-starter is near enough at the final tier already! But to be honest that is speculation, as we don't really know if the staff are dumping gold into the kick-starter to boost it and make it seem like more people are taking part ^^""

Minty-MANZANA

I dunno but the "test money" sold me (and not me but others too) that it was generated money, from nowhere.

This topic is complicated. And truth there's not too much we can do about that, despite leaving this topics open and in first page always lol.

User Image

True true, it sold me also, just a shame really as this is a lovely site sad

It is, took me awhile to catch on what was happening when Menstrual Cramps first posted the topic in GCD, I didn't realize that she made one here in the SF too! ^^"
That is a good point, just keep bumping it up! ^_^

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Aren't these admins at least a bit bothered about all the shady transactions they have to do using "test gold"? I'd rather quit my job than having to betray the trust of thousands of users that use this website.

O.G. GO

8,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Brandisher 100
xSahri
Aren't these admins at least a bit bothered about all the shady transactions they have to do using "test gold"? I'd rather quit my job than having to betray the trust of thousands of users that use this website.

In today's economy, quitting or losing one's job is almost a death sentence. I don't know anything about the job economy in California, but I can only imagine how difficult it would be for somebody to land a job elsewhere that might pay similarly and have as many benefits (not taking into account that a former Gaia employee could use unemployment, of course, so it wouldn't be too terrible.) I'd hate to say it, but if the people in charge are going to make the admins do unsavory things, I'd rather the admins do the unsavory things than get kicked out for it. It just means we have to point our fury further up.

For all we know, the admins might even be raising a fuss about it within the building, but the guys in marketing won't listen. They can't hear anything over all the money they're making.

Timid Cat

15,225 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xSahri
I agree. I know people have to make a living, but I'd rather live in a cheap trailer and feel good about myself than make a six-figure salary where I had to hurt and upset thousands of people in order to pay for my newest sports cars. I'm mainly talking about the upper management here, but even the regular staff must be bothered on some level by the fact that they're working for a company that makes its money out of cheapening and degrading a much-loved community website, turning it into a supermarket for pixels, destroying its economy,and treating its members like trash just so they can be manipulated out of their money. This entire site has had the heart and soul ripped out of it by these people, and they seem to have no conscience about it. Perhaps they have meetings where they try and brainwash their staff into viewing us as nothing more than lab rats. If you de-humanize a person, it makes it easier to use and abuse that person. I mean, there's the idea of us as "customers" who can leave the store if we don't like it, but there's also the idea that we have been loyal to this site for years, have been part of a community, have invested our time and money here, and deserve a little respect and consideration as human beings. That's sort of gotten lost with these people, and they don't seem to care. Makes me wonder if the ones who are still working there have sociopathic personalities or if they've just been brainwashed. To me, no amount of money would be worth being part of such a company. That may be why they got rid of people like Panagrammic and Swarf. They didn't fit in, wouldn't go along, and it's possible it was more of a mutual decision based on the fact that the new corporate Gaia has no room for people who actually care. (I know, I'm rambling too much and will shut up now, but that's how I feel).

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Keiko Mystere
xSahri

In today's economy, quitting or losing one's job is almost a death sentence. I don't know anything about the job economy in California, but I can only imagine how difficult it would be for somebody to land a job elsewhere that might pay similarly and have as many benefits (not taking into account that a former Gaia employee could use unemployment, of course, so it wouldn't be too terrible.) I'd hate to say it, but if the people in charge are going to make the admins do unsavory things, I'd rather the admins do the unsavory things than get kicked out for it. It just means we have to point our fury further up.

For all we know, the admins might even be raising a fuss about it within the building, but the guys in marketing won't listen. They can't hear anything over all the money they're making.

We've already tried that but the money makes too much noise for them to hear our pleads. But you're right. I bet several of the admins feel trapped there and having no other choice and maybe Lanzer felt the same way before he made the decision to leave Gaia HQ, even though we know it's only temporary.

Maybe he's plotting to overthrow the current management and become Gaia's next CEO.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
xSahri
I believe the ones that could leave did leave. Within the last year two of the site founders left and another left to work from home, and a handful of the best developers that were involved with the community a lot left abruptly, namely Uncle Kenny and DJ Helsing. Some of them have said it was to follow new opportunities, which is true I'm sure, though I can't help but wonder if they knew this would happen and would hate to see the site fall this way, so instead of staying in this hole, they flew.
Adnama Lavode
xSahri
I believe the ones that could leave did leave. Within the last year two of the site founders left and another left to work from home, and a handful of the best developers that were involved with the community a lot left abruptly, namely Uncle Kenny and DJ Helsing. Some of them have said it was to follow new opportunities, which is true I'm sure, though I can't help but wonder if they knew this would happen and would hate to see the site fall this way, so instead of staying in this hole, they flew.
I wondered that too. And a lot of people have said some mods haven't even been active for some time and I wonder if they knew something as well. Maybe we're sitting on something bigger than we know or maybe my paranoia's opened up. But something just isn't right anymore. Well it never was with Neo-Gaia but even more and with this stuff coming into play I just wonder what is truly going on.

Lucky Cat

15,975 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • 1 Win 50
Eostar Dust
Adnama Lavode
xSahri
I wondered that too. And a lot of people have said some mods haven't even been active for some time and I wonder if they knew something as well. Maybe we're sitting on something bigger than we know or maybe my paranoia's opened up. But something just isn't right anymore. Well it never was with Neo-Gaia but even more and with this stuff coming into play I just wonder what is truly going on.
Their original idea might've been to shut this site down once they got tentacl up and running. Maybe they figured the older, cash-spending users would migrate over to the "new improved" site. So with that in mind, they trashed and burned Gaia for whatever short-term moneys they could squeeze out of us to fund their other website -- meaning everything went up for sale including rare items, gold, collectibles and anything they could figure out how to sell, regardless of what damage it did to Gaia, because they weren't planning to keep Gaia going in the long run. That would also explain why they haven't updated anything here or worked on anything that didn't "pay for itself."

Now that tentacl isn't doing so well and only has a small fraction of the traffic that Gaia does, they could be reassessing things and realizing they should have taken better care of their bread and butter site. Problem is, they've already destroyed the economy here and pissed off a majority of the users. So who knows what will happen now. I feel that a change of management is in order -- get rid of the CEO, COO and their Operations VP and hire some competent people. To me, that's the only route that makes sense at this point.
Lizmay
Eostar Dust
Adnama Lavode
xSahri
Their original idea might've been to shut this site down once they got tentacl up and running. Maybe they figured the older, cash-spending users would migrate over to the "new improved" site. So with that in mind, they trashed and burned Gaia for whatever short-term moneys they could squeeze out of us to fund their other website -- meaning everything went up for sale including rare items, gold, collectibles and anything they could figure out how to sell, regardless of what damage it did to Gaia, because they weren't planning to keep Gaia going in the long run. That would also explain why they haven't updated anything here or worked on anything that didn't "pay for itself."

Now that tentacl isn't doing so well and only has a small fraction of the traffic that Gaia does, they could be reassessing things and realizing they should have taken better care of their bread and butter site. Problem is, they've already destroyed the economy here and pissed off a majority of the users. So who knows what will happen now. I feel that a change of management is in order -- get rid of the CEO, COO and their Operations VP and hire some competent people. To me, that's the only route that makes sense at this point.
Ugh Tentacl was a poorly planned, rushed site. :/ I didn't even last a full day on that horrific piece of work.

But I agree. I think at this point they're going to have to change the management to get anything fixed. Hopefully not to another corrupt one. But I have doubts that will happen. :/ I don't mean to be negative but this was a very bad year for Gaia for me.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Caffeinated Layla
Pewpewkachu
Caffeinated Layla

We do have proof, in the form of Zero outright saying that said gold was GENERATED during testing. Which is even worse than if the staff were buying gold gens, because at least then, they'd be putting some money back into the site.

But, no, it was, indeed, poofed out of thin air.

They probably aren't actually recycling Kickstarter event gold, but some of us wouldn't put it past them anyways, because of their track record of sleaze, lately (it is, however, a distinct possibility that they are artificially inflating the amount of gold being put into these gold sinks to make it look like people are falling all over themselves to buy gold just to throw away, which would encourage other people to buy gold to throw away, because as we all know by now, Gaia sees us as sheep.)..

User Image

Did he actually say that?
I can't seem to find the post that he made nor do I remember which thread he posted in, was it this one or the one in the GCD???? =/
(I do believe you, just want to re-read what he posted)

It seems so, I was baffled at first when I noticed that the mule they used was quite a new account but it may explain where the Gold came from and answer some questions, it was a dumb move though to use that Gold to purchase something and shove more inflation on our heads, I do remember Zero actually saying something like they wanted to give some users a helping hand by giving them fast amounts of gold so they could obtain some items that they (the users) would love to have, but don't they realize that that gold has now become worthless as the prices go up and up and up?! ><

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that to be honest x_x Every-time I log on I go and check the page to Torii's to see how much gold has been sunk and it has surprised me that the kick-starter is near enough at the final tier already! But to be honest that is speculation, as we don't really know if the staff are dumping gold into the kick-starter to boost it and make it seem like more people are taking part ^^""

I looked up the posts for you to make it easier. I think the following posts raise a lot of questions with the community now regarding staff's treatment of inflation. Each person can take their own interpretation of the posts. Personally I'm aware that the staff are manipulating the MP now, so I'll continue to not use that feature viewing it like a broken feature, but I will use gold shops instead. GCD post SF post Kickstarter posts Anyway I hope this helps and sorry for butting in your conversation to share the links.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

This needs to constantly be on the top page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff