Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Lunatic

Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel
Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel
So it does not occur to anyone that said Staff member cannot play on the site as a user-member, earn gold the same way as the rest of us and buy/use said ticket just like the rest of us. I also do not understand the reason for the very high price (unless item is not really worth that much and just assumed to be that by some people in the hyper-inflated economy), but it is the decision of that person to pay it just the same as the rest of us.

User Image

As I've stated before:
Staff purchased the ticket to remove it from the system. What other reason would there be?
The user that was taking offers on the ticket only got offers of about 3-4 halos worth. This user just had 133 trillion gold dropped in to their lap which is equivalent to 66 halos. All that time and effort to REMOVE gold from the system (as 133 trillion is equivalent to 2-3 gold sinks) is now in the hands of only 1 user on Gaia.

How did Artists get this gold? You can't surely tell me they received it from commissions on the site.. or from exchanging? Look at the artist's marketplaces.

Gold Grants. There can only be one option. Admin gold grants. This is why the gold is deemed legitimate.

They DO NOT grant themselves gold. They would get in trouble for that.
And you are assuming there aren't any members who do not have that much gold or items "worth a whole lot" when even I know there are people who are really "wealthy". B R A I N managed to get a ticket or two and he is/was one of the wealthiest members on Gaia. Way so much more than you and I.

User Image

You THINK they don't grant themselves gold, but you do know that as FACT?
If an admin grants someone gold/items, they are deemed legitimate. Unless you know some other way a busy Gaian artist would make their money that doesn't include: Vending (because none of them have a high enough total in gold to reach even 1 trillion), Exchanging (none of them have posted exchange threads), or Commissions (because artists aren't able to open/maintain shops on Gaia.) then please do enlighten me.

BRAIN managed to be GIVEN a ticket from someone who PULLED it from a RIG. That is not the same as purchasing a ticket.

You THINK they grant themselves gold but do you know that as a FACT? Because if not your entire argument means absolutely nothing.
Why would they generate gold when doing so harms the very company they work for? That seems really ridiculous. As for how they could have made money without the accounts you looked at having proof of that sort of income THEY COULD HAVE MORE MULE ACCOUNTS! Did you seriously not take that into consideration?

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
AKB0048
Yeata Zi
Be careful MC, they are editing it out instead of just banning you for posting personal information (which is a bannable offense)

At this rate, it might be a better idea for users to start gathering this information off site or maybe take it to mass media. Gaia is a large interactive social forum. There are plenty of news sites that'd eat this s**t up.

First they'd probably have to get information big enough to even matter ON the site...

Ya'll are over-dramatic as hell omg

Unstoppable Krampus

emotion_facepalm Oh goddammit Gaia.

User Image

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Nitro Virus
lost in the rhythm
Nitro Virus
Gash Thrashum
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

We would like to explain the details of this situation and share what happened. To be direct, yes, we purchased this ticket along with other items from the Marketplace. The reason for this purchase was to put some of the items into Flynn’s Plunder and put the tickets up into our next gold sink event as a personal tier reward. Allow us to explain:

We opened up the possibility of donating items to Flynn’s Plunder with our LQI policy. We wanted to add some higher tier items into Flynn’s Plunder without expanding the current stock of existing items. We decided the best way to do this would be purchasing the items off of the Marketplace and donating them to Flynn to sell. As for the Rainbow Tickets, we wanted to add these tickets to our next gold sink event. They would be a personal tier run exactly like the ones we’ve done before where if you reach the tier, you have a chance of winning that ticket. We are currently overwhelmed with tickets and, as a result, we did not want to generate a new ticket to add to our backlog. Instead, we decided to purchase an existing ticket and use that. Any items put into Flynn’s Plunder that generate a ticket have been added from an existing stock.

We used a mule account so we could make these purchases. It would have looked weird for a staff account to actually purchase a ticket. We decided to use this account as it had enough gold on it from various tests we did in the past. For clarification on what this means, we use our mule accounts to interact with the community without the attention being drawn to the fact that we are staff. However, sometime we use them to test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member. However, we made an error in purchasing the Double Rainbow Ticket, in particular, for 133 trillion gold and we will be reversing the transaction. We have contacted the user about this and we will be handling this as a separate issue.

Unfortunately, this did not pan out exactly as we imagined. The intent of this was to make a good will effort to the user base and give users a chance to get some pretty awesome items. The items will still make their appearance in Flynn’s Plunder tomorrow, the ticket will make its during our next gold sink event.

With that said and us coming out with the information, we want to let you know that we will be editing out the information posted here that identifies staff accounts. We do this not to censor our community, but for the protection of the privacy of our staff members. This is the same courtesy that we would extend to any user who wishes to have their information removed. We understand that situations like this can cause the community to want to figure out answers to their concerns, but that does not give anyone the right to spotlight the information, even if it is publicly available. We hope you understand why we are removing this information.

We do want to sincerely apologize for any distrust we have caused throughout the community by taking these actions. We have already implemented new policies internally to ensure that this situation will never happen again. We hope that this sheds some light on what why this occurred and we thank you for your understanding.

You're not out of the woods yet, friend. Please choose the path of least resistance. There is more where this came from. You know it, and I know it. This won't end well if you don't reveal everything.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

That sounds like you have some massive dirt on the staff. Is there more to this story? o.o

User Image

3nodding

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

;A; I feel so left out even though I've read these threads top to bottom. lol

Menstrual Cramps
Nitro Virus
Gash Thrashum
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

We would like to explain the details of this situation and share what happened. To be direct, yes, we purchased this ticket along with other items from the Marketplace. The reason for this purchase was to put some of the items into Flynn’s Plunder and put the tickets up into our next gold sink event as a personal tier reward. Allow us to explain:

We opened up the possibility of donating items to Flynn’s Plunder with our LQI policy. We wanted to add some higher tier items into Flynn’s Plunder without expanding the current stock of existing items. We decided the best way to do this would be purchasing the items off of the Marketplace and donating them to Flynn to sell. As for the Rainbow Tickets, we wanted to add these tickets to our next gold sink event. They would be a personal tier run exactly like the ones we’ve done before where if you reach the tier, you have a chance of winning that ticket. We are currently overwhelmed with tickets and, as a result, we did not want to generate a new ticket to add to our backlog. Instead, we decided to purchase an existing ticket and use that. Any items put into Flynn’s Plunder that generate a ticket have been added from an existing stock.

We used a mule account so we could make these purchases. It would have looked weird for a staff account to actually purchase a ticket. We decided to use this account as it had enough gold on it from various tests we did in the past. For clarification on what this means, we use our mule accounts to interact with the community without the attention being drawn to the fact that we are staff. However, sometime we use them to test new features and products when we need to see what the experience is as a regular user, not a staff member. However, we made an error in purchasing the Double Rainbow Ticket, in particular, for 133 trillion gold and we will be reversing the transaction. We have contacted the user about this and we will be handling this as a separate issue.

Unfortunately, this did not pan out exactly as we imagined. The intent of this was to make a good will effort to the user base and give users a chance to get some pretty awesome items. The items will still make their appearance in Flynn’s Plunder tomorrow, the ticket will make its during our next gold sink event.

With that said and us coming out with the information, we want to let you know that we will be editing out the information posted here that identifies staff accounts. We do this not to censor our community, but for the protection of the privacy of our staff members. This is the same courtesy that we would extend to any user who wishes to have their information removed. We understand that situations like this can cause the community to want to figure out answers to their concerns, but that does not give anyone the right to spotlight the information, even if it is publicly available. We hope you understand why we are removing this information.

We do want to sincerely apologize for any distrust we have caused throughout the community by taking these actions. We have already implemented new policies internally to ensure that this situation will never happen again. We hope that this sheds some light on what why this occurred and we thank you for your understanding.

You're not out of the woods yet, friend. Please choose the path of least resistance. There is more where this came from. You know it, and I know it. This won't end well if you don't reveal everything.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

That sounds like you have some massive dirt on the staff. Is there more to this story? o.o

User Image

A lot more to this story. There is also a lot more in the system beyond this 133 Trillion for the ticket.

Like the other items that were bought for trillions with the same account? That's as much as I know tho. ;3;

User Image

Other items were bought, other accounts were used too.. (notice the plural mule(s))
That means there are more unanswered questions. :s I am not satisfied.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
AKB0048
Yeata Zi
Be careful MC, they are editing it out instead of just banning you for posting personal information (which is a bannable offense)

At this rate, it might be a better idea for users to start gathering this information off site or maybe take it to mass media. Gaia is a large interactive social forum. There are plenty of news sites that'd eat this s**t up.
No they won't. The news isn't going to care about Gaia online.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
CastielCupcakes
Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel
Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel
So it does not occur to anyone that said Staff member cannot play on the site as a user-member, earn gold the same way as the rest of us and buy/use said ticket just like the rest of us. I also do not understand the reason for the very high price (unless item is not really worth that much and just assumed to be that by some people in the hyper-inflated economy), but it is the decision of that person to pay it just the same as the rest of us.

User Image

As I've stated before:
Staff purchased the ticket to remove it from the system. What other reason would there be?
The user that was taking offers on the ticket only got offers of about 3-4 halos worth. This user just had 133 trillion gold dropped in to their lap which is equivalent to 66 halos. All that time and effort to REMOVE gold from the system (as 133 trillion is equivalent to 2-3 gold sinks) is now in the hands of only 1 user on Gaia.

How did Artists get this gold? You can't surely tell me they received it from commissions on the site.. or from exchanging? Look at the artist's marketplaces.

Gold Grants. There can only be one option. Admin gold grants. This is why the gold is deemed legitimate.

And you are assuming there aren't any members who do not have that much gold or items "worth a whole lot" when even I know there are people who are really "wealthy". B R A I N managed to get a ticket or two and he is/was one of the wealthiest members on Gaia. Way so much more than you and I.

User Image

If an admin grants someone gold/items, they are deemed legitimate. Unless you know some other way a busy Gaian artist would make their money that doesn't include: Vending (because none of them have a high enough total in gold to reach even 1 trillion), Exchanging (none of them have posted exchange threads), or Commissions (because artists aren't able to open/maintain shops on Gaia.) then please do enlighten me.

BRAIN managed to be GIVEN a ticket from someone who PULLED it from a RIG. That is not the same as purchasing a ticket.

You THINK they grant themselves gold but do you know that as a FACT? Because if not your entire argument means absolutely nothing.
Why would they generate gold when doing so harms the very company they work for? That seems really ridiculous. As for how they could have made money without the accounts you looked at having proof of that sort of income THEY COULD HAVE MORE MULE ACCOUNTS! Did you seriously not take that into consideration?

User Image

Go read the first post. I'm right, you're severely wrong.
We have an admin response.

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
___________User Image___________
ѕσ, ι'м ωяιтιиg тнє fυтυяє; ι'м ℓєανιиg α кєу нєяє...

My feelings about Zero/Gaia's statement, complete with slightly angry ranting and gratuitous use of the word 'you' as if I was actually speaking to HQ like they cared lol :

That said, addressing the issue as a whole, what A STUPID THING TO DO. How on earth do you think that was a good idea, like, how dumb are you Gaia? Generate a new ticket, like you do with the other items that aren't donated. There were people actively trying to get that ticket, and you went and swooped it up like some last minute ebay sniper. You don't accidentally buy something for 133tril, you did it on purpose so that other people couldn't buy it for pre-existing gold, and so you guys didn't have to do a new ticket's worth of work (if you had planned to have the

And knowing (oh and Gaia definitely knows) our problem with gold generators and inflation, they dumped 133tril (minus 5%) into the system and would have LEFT it if the users hadn't noticed and called them out on it.
And several users who are more crafty and good at vending and working the Gaian system than I have outright said that as a normal Gaian, which is the supposed reason this artist is using their mule in the first place, cannot feasibly have that much gold in as little time as they had to 'raise' it. Like, I don't think that artists or staff should be able to grant themselves gold OR items (that they didn't make; and the ones they grant themselves should, if not already are, be soul bound) ESPECIALLY on mule accounts that are made to 'interact with Gaia' like a regular user.

I shouldn't be this frustrated because I thought it wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing ended up being true. I was right: it didn't surprise me, it kind of just made me more angry than I thought it would make me. emotion_facepalm

That said, I really want MC and Gash to spill what they know because really, it's gotta be good. In the horrible sense of the word.

ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя...
________ ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя... ________
User Image

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Menstrual Cramps
DYRL
Gash Thrashum
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

Jesus ******** Christ, what exactly is your damage?

This isn't about the spike in the MP is it? You obviously got some beef with Gaia or the staff or whatever. Can you please contain your hate bonner? Making empty threats isn't very mature and it makes you look psychotic

User Image

His threats are empty at all, though.
His threats have very real intentions.

Are you even comprehending what you're typing? You and your buddy over there are actually threatening Gaia staff?
Oh lord, my sides are in orbit
You two really are a couple of trolls
rofl
Ya'll are batshit insane you know that right? This whole issue isn't that big of a deal in the first place so tone down the V for Vendetta BS, okay dear? While you're at it maybe you should take some time off from the web and learn some decency. DYRL out!

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeata Zi

User Image

I'm aware of what they are doing.
He only edited my SF thread, I came over here of my own courtesy and edited. It is not beyond my right to add his PM to my first post. However, I still have everything saved for a rainy day. I'm also still not completely satisfied with their handling of the case. There is still another 167 Trillion unaccounted for. MORE than just that ticket was purchased for insane trillion-dollar prices.

Kawaii Lunatic

Menstrual Cramps
CastielCupcakes
Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel
Menstrual Cramps
Nyadriel

User Image

As I've stated before:

User Image

User Image

Go read the first post. I'm right, you're severely wrong.
We have an admin response.

How am I wrong? I merely critiqued your argument and the evidence you provided for it. True it brought about results by drawing attention to the issue, but there were a lot of holes you left open.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Menstrual Cramps
Yeata Zi

User Image

I'm aware of what they are doing.
He only edited my SF thread, I came over here of my own courtesy and edited. It is not beyond my right to add his PM to my first post. However, I still have everything saved for a rainy day. I'm also still not completely satisfied with their handling of the case. There is still another 167 Trillion unaccounted for. MORE than just that ticket was purchased for insane trillion-dollar prices.

Good luck with that, sister. :3 Keep up the revolution .

Loyal Shapeshifter

Menstrual Cramps
Nitro Virus
lost in the rhythm
Nitro Virus
Gash Thrashum

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

User Image

3nodding

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

;A; I feel so left out even though I've read these threads top to bottom. lol

Menstrual Cramps
Nitro Virus
Gash Thrashum

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

User Image

A lot more to this story. There is also a lot more in the system beyond this 133 Trillion for the ticket.

Like the other items that were bought for trillions with the same account? That's as much as I know tho. ;3;

User Image

Other items were bought, other accounts were used too.. (notice the plural mule(s))
That means there are more unanswered questions. :s I am not satisfied.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

I was just along for the ride while reading everything in the thread, but I'm definitely curious about this now. I've never trusted Gaia to begin with, but this is just crazy. o.o

Heart Tamer

DYRL
DYRL out!

Highlight of the thread right here.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
DYRL
Menstrual Cramps
DYRL
Gash Thrashum
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

Jesus ******** Christ, what exactly is your damage?

This isn't about the spike in the MP is it? You obviously got some beef with Gaia or the staff or whatever. Can you please contain your hate bonner? Making empty threats isn't very mature and it makes you look psychotic

User Image

His threats are empty at all, though.
His threats have very real intentions.

Are you even comprehending what you're typing? You and your buddy over there are actually threatening Gaia staff?
Oh lord, my sides are in orbit
You two really are a couple of trolls
rofl
Ya'll are batshit insane you know that right? This whole issue isn't that big of a deal in the first place so tone down the V for Vendetta BS, okay dear? While you're at it maybe you should take some time off from the web and learn some decency. DYRL out!

User Image

We're batshit insane for delivering a large portion of truthiness? I'm still here, I'm still kicking and I'm still breathing. I was also right.
It seems like the more sheep-like gaians are still flocking to Gaia's support which I'm honestly surprised about.

You said earlier in the thread you didn't care, so why are you still here? You obviously have a vested interest.
The 133 Trillion ticket was NOT the only large purchase that day, there is still over 167 Trillion gold unaccounted for. We want this to also be taken in to consideration.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Yeata Zi
AKB0048
Yeata Zi

No they won't. The news isn't going to care about Gaia online.

Imagine the future headlines "Fake Internet Economy Has Fake Money Pumped Into It: People Get Mad"

"Post Gets Edited So People Don't Attack Dev's DA Accounts"

Real interesting stories there I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas