Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Giver

13,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
Gaia has been on quite the slippery slope. I am disappointed in the site's paid staff and even it's volunteer mod staff.
Covering this nonsense up with bad lies only hurts the community and coming clean and FIXING the issue would be in the best interest of everyone.

If Rina is not reimbursed for the pure, perhaps to pull that much gold out of the economy, simply grant her the items she wants equating to that. If she chooses to sell them, so be it, but that money is not floating around... whether it's "legit" or not.

I really have to commend Menstrual Cramps and Gash on their sleuthing. Excellent work. Keep it up!
If there's anything we can do to help, I'm sure a lot of us are at the ready!

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Sad hearing that carbon isn't a dev anymore. Another one bites the dust. sad

Original Survivor

Scobre

When did that happen??

Original Survivor

I've noticed a very high increase in a lot of random items lately...

Aged Misfit

Saffrons_Curse
Sweet Angel Mary
07 was the year lanzer encouraged us to reach 100k during the water balloon fight. We are down in total number of users online, though i haven't been paying attention enough to say how many we lost since last fall.
Damn. 7 years ago. ; w;

Well it doesn't surprise me. I've heard from Solia that Gaians have been flooding their site a bit. XDa I think other avatar sites have been experiencing it as well, but I can't say 100% for sure. But yeah, since October of last year, when the first GG disgraced us with its presence, I'd imagine Gaia's lost a significant chunk of its users.
I remember that time. That was the good old days when I was still a relative newbie. x3
I personally couldn't get into Solia several years ago. I might see if I can dust off my old account there...but I don't remember my full login, fml.
Over half the population of Recolor.me is current or former Gaia users. (Mostly because it's Tekton running it, and there's advertisements for it all over Tektek)

Leader

Do people still meow about that?

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I haven't had any time to really devote to digging anymore for this, but I found it completely ironic that instead of keeping the names of the top 10 hidden, they were transparent in posting WHO are in the top 10.

For those users that legitimately sunk gold.. I commend you.
However, one of the accounts looks extremely fishy.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Lei_Trigar
Scobre

When did that happen??

Recently it seems. Not sure why, but someone else posted about it in forums is how I found out. With all the developers leaving Gaia, it feels like development on the site is rapidly dying. I guess Gaia thinks it can survive with mostly artists now. rolleyes
Menstrual Cramps
I haven't had any time to really devote to digging anymore for this, but I found it completely ironic that instead of keeping the names of the top 10 hidden, they were transparent in posting WHO are in the top 10.

kinzok with 50 posts and 50b total transaction on MP. (could be a mule, but idk)

amai oyasumi could be a possible mule by any of these 5 users (tho i find this guy fishy)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Let's dig a little deeper:
• kevincarrey - last login on year 2014. total post: 19 o.o. 05 member
• Shizzlestiltskin - could be a possible owner of this mule
• [KYLIES_ANGLE] - 2004 account | 2012 last post | aug 2014 last log in
• the remaining two are mules?

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Wow so they are still using mules in Goldsinks? Oh no we can't say that because we are fear mongering with conspiracy theories and drinking the Cray Cray juice.

Man-Hungry Otaku

wow this is just awful

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
banbrokenhearts
Gaia has been on quite the slippery slope. I am disappointed in the site's paid staff and even it's volunteer mod staff.
Covering this nonsense up with bad lies only hurts the community and coming clean and FIXING the issue would be in the best interest of everyone.

If Rina is not reimbursed for the pure, perhaps to pull that much gold out of the economy, simply grant her the items she wants equating to that. If she chooses to sell them, so be it, but that money is not floating around... whether it's "legit" or not.

I really have to commend Menstrual Cramps and Gash on their sleuthing. Excellent work. Keep it up!
If there's anything we can do to help, I'm sure a lot of us are at the ready!

While I agree about being disappointed in paid staff, I don't see any reason to blame the volunteer staff at all. None of them have done anything wrong and honestly they are just as in the dark as we are. I believe the moderator account that was used was really, really old and they thought wouldn't be suspected at all.

As for Rina, I think the gold should have been pulled out of the system and no reimbursement required. I've asked Rina four times what happened in the reversal but the user remains silent. So much for using it to better Gaia. lol rolleyes

Ruthless Wench

Menstrual Cramps

xCygnus

kinzok with 50 posts and 50b total transaction on MP. (could be a mule, but idk)

amai oyasumi could be a possible mule by any of these 5 users (tho i find this guy fishy)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Let's dig a little deeper:
• kevincarrey - last login on year 2014. total post: 19 o.o. 05 member
• Shizzlestiltskin - could be a possible owner of this mule
• [KYLIES_ANGLE] - 2004 account | 2012 last post | aug 2014 last log in
• the remaining two are mules?

Hey, guys.

If there is a potential problem with a member then it should be reported to us so the Moderation Team can investigate. It's not appropriate to hunt out members when you do not have access to tools that would support your theories.

If you have a beef with Gaia then that's one thing. I am not here to discuss that and is a different topic entirely. However, it's completely another when members are being targeted unfairly. If you find anything that needs Moderation attention then please use the appropriate reporting tools.

In general, please leave other members alone. This is starting to encroach harassment territory with all the public discussions and unnecessary attention that these unsupported theories are being given. This is a Terms of Service violation, and to protect the interest of the innocent parties we will not hesitate to intervene.

Continuing to bring unnecessary attention to those who are legitimately using the site's features will result in the posts being removed to protect their experience from being disrupted.

I hope there is some understanding as to why we are requesting this subject be dropped. If there are questions involving this you may PM me. However, for the privacy of those members we are not going to go into detail of their account status.

Thanks ^^
~ Xya

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Xya

Hey, guys.

If there is a potential problem with a member then it should be reported to us so the Moderation Team can investigate. It's not appropriate to hunt out members when you do not have access to tools that would support your theories.

If you have a beef with Gaia then that's one thing. I am not here to discuss that and is a different topic entirely. However, it's completely another when members are being targeted unfairly. If you find anything that needs Moderation attention then please use the appropriate reporting tools.

In general, please leave other members alone. This is starting to encroach harassment territory with all the public discussions and unnecessary attention that these unsupported theories are being given. This is a Terms of Service violation, and to protect the interest of the innocent parties we will not hesitate intervene.

Continuing to bring unnecessary attention to those who are legitimately using the site's features will result in the posts being removed to protect their experience from being disrupted.

I hope there is some understanding as to why we are requesting this subject be dropped. If there are questions involving this you may PM me. However, for the privacy of those members we are not going to go into detail of their account status.

Thanks ^^
~ Xya

While I respect what you're saying, the reason I never posted anything is because I'm not certain of anything. If there is anything we are both clear on, it's definitely that calling out normal users is not my forte in the forums.

If you'd like to delete the offending material, please feel free to do so as like I said I haven't had any time to devote to even checking the accounts. But, since you have posted here, I will take this as a large grain of salt as there is nothing conclusive to support the theory that it is staff-related.

And in a roundabout way, I thank you.

Sweet Strawberry

Bumping for awareness! cat_scream

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items