Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

A mod saying that there's no rule against namedropping? I'm keeping that forever, in case it ever comes up again. emotion_awesome
Thanks for the link.

lost in the rhythm

User Image

it depends on the context.
simply stating a gaian's username won't get you into any trouble, but saying anything negative about them can get you into some trouble because It's considered a form of harassment, and harassment is against the TOS.

calm yourself.

Hm? I was just making conversation. Sorry if you thought I was yelling at you or something--that wasn't my intent.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
The Iron Magus

A mod saying that there's no rule against namedropping? I'm keeping that forever, in case it ever comes up again. emotion_awesome
Thanks for the link.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I really think it depends on the extent of the namedropping, like when it gets to the point of harassment/doxing that's too far.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I feel like one of the few things to help this situation is to bring back the ATA in some form. Gaia does need to gain trust back and even that will take some time. I also think staff mules should follow the TOS just like regular Gaia users. But I won't be using Flynn's Plunder again since its set-up was as poorly planned as Alchemy and we were told items were copies of banned account items when they were not. I'm kind of glad I've avoided the marketplace too. Saved me a lot of hassle and fear of selling items to Gaia staff. I think I still want to help new Gaians out because they shouldn't suffer despite internet dramas. It would be nice if Gaians came up with a list of suggestions to make sure a similar situation like this won't happen again. I do love how despite poor decisions made by Gaia, the community feels like it is bonding a little more and fighting for their website finally. It got depressing reading all the posts about how much Gaians hate the community, how much they love Gaian because they keep supplying them gold and items and that's the only thing that keeps them happy on the website. Made the site feel like I was a disorganized thrift store with Macy's prices.

I'm really happy to see Towns 2 updated a little at least. Gaia just needs to hire more developers instead of just artists for their cash shop. It's just nice when the site actually receives development and maintenance, which it isn't too much right now compared to all the previous years. So in conclusion Gaia needs to work on customer retention, consumer trust, keeping the site fun and social and interactive, and keep the user/staff interaction present through posts and in office events, and just being aware of competitors with avatar sites, MMOs, social networks, and general gaming.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre
I do love how despite poor decisions made by Gaia, the community feels like it is bonding a little more and fighting for their website finally. It got depressing reading all the posts about how much Gaians hate the community, how much they love Gaia because they keep supplying them gold and items and that's the only thing that keeps them happy on the website. Made the site feel like I was a disorganized thrift store with Macy's prices.

I've always thought the community is what keeps this place going. Not in the sense that "WE THROW MONEY AT THE SITE SO LISTEN TO US" but... we the people give we the people a reason to stay around. WE are the reason we stick it through here just as much as the items. Those who were here strictly for the items before hyperinflation are likely to have all or mostly left, but it seems like the many who remain are here for each other for the most part. We're here for the friends and features that don't revolve around spending cash. Perhaps many of the newer users, who joined this past year, don't care about anything but the gold and the items, but I feel like if someone was talking about wanting Gaia to just keep churning out the gold and items and they don't care about anything else, there is a high chance that they're trolling or being sarcastic.

The community is a big part of the reason why I've stayed here so long. heart

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
I do love how despite poor decisions made by Gaia, the community feels like it is bonding a little more and fighting for their website finally. It got depressing reading all the posts about how much Gaians hate the community, how much they love Gaia because they keep supplying them gold and items and that's the only thing that keeps them happy on the website. Made the site feel like I was a disorganized thrift store with Macy's prices.

I've always thought the community is what keeps this place going. Not in the sense that "WE THROW MONEY AT THE SITE SO LISTEN TO US" but... we the people give we the people a reason to stay around. WE are the reason we stick it through here just as much as the items. Those who were here strictly for the items before hyperinflation are likely to have all or mostly left, but it seems like the many who remain are here for each other for the most part. We're here for the friends and features that don't revolve around spending cash. Perhaps many of the newer users, who joined this past year, don't care about anything but the gold and the items, but I feel like if someone was talking about wanting Gaia to just keep churning out the gold and items and they don't care about anything else, there is a high chance that they're trolling or being sarcastic.

Yeah friends I've made through the game zOMG! is why I'm still around too. I just miss the site being about the community. I miss it being fun. I can't tell if people are trolling or serious in forums anymore. I feel like the underlying issue isn't so much about the gold or items, it's just not being able to trust Gaia anymore and feeling like the community doesn't matter to staff anymore. Like people are feeling like the site is no longer an escape for them from the stresses of life. I do hope Gaians fight for the stuff that makes this site a community. Even before Flynn's Booty came, SF and GCD had all the threads about items and wanting more items, which I tried to point out. Like if I suggested any feature like zOMG! or something else be worked on, it was like nope they won't work on it because there is no staff that knows how to do it or Gaia already working on this feature. I still remember that guild event page and different languages for the site being promised, but pet system and marriage system are the only ones people remember. I noticed when I went to a Gaia wedding yesterday, the rented friend places still use Towns 1 coding and movement. I would love for those and guilds to be worked on. I still have hope for zOMG! especially since it took Gaia 8 years for Towns to be recoded, so zOMG! could be recoded too. Gaia just neglects their features so much it takes more resources and time just to keep the site up to date with everything. I miss having an IM feature really bad.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre

Yeah friends I've made through the game zOMG! is why I'm still around too. I just miss the site being about the community. I miss it being fun. I can't tell if people are trolling or serious in forums anymore. I feel like the underlying issue isn't so much about the gold or items, it's just not being able to trust Gaia anymore and feeling like the community doesn't matter to staff anymore. Like people are feeling like the site is no longer an escape for them from the stresses of life. I do hope Gaians fight for the stuff that makes this site a community. Even before Flynn's Booty came, SF and GCD had all the threads about items and wanting more items, which I tried to point out. Like if I suggested any feature like zOMG! or something else be worked on, it was like nope they won't work on it because there is no staff that knows how to do it or Gaia already working on this feature. I still remember that guild event page and different languages for the site being promised, but pet system and marriage system are the only ones people remember. I noticed when I went to a Gaia wedding yesterday, the rented friend places still use Towns 1 coding and movement. I would love for those and guilds to be worked on. I still have hope for zOMG! especially since it took Gaia 8 years for Towns to be recoded, so zOMG! could be recoded too. Gaia just neglects their features so much it takes more resources and time just to keep the site up to date with everything. I miss having an IM feature really bad.

mm~~ Reasonable concerns. I just feel like Gaia The Company and Gaia the place I hang out are kinda.. two different things. Like... the staff or CEO or someone/people up there have so far done what they can to destroy our trust in them and their ability to competently foresee the decisions of the company, but site-wise, on the level with the average user, aside from the prices having sky rocketed, there isn't exactly a WHOLE lot that's different. Gaia can't really stop me from talking to people about bands I love or shows or books I've read/watched. Derping around is a lovely free feature available to everyone everywhere. They can't stop the nice people who are either talented exchangers/vendors or financially well off IRL from having giveaways and donating to people they deem worthy. They can't charge for humanity or the human condition. There's no sales on conversations and inside jokes. There are inherent intangible draws that are pretty deeply rooted in the site that, despite all the cash bombardments and the blundering decisions of the upper management, will always exist so long as there's a group of people who gather here, as it would anywhere people gather.
Gaia may have lost its soul, but the users haven't. UuU

Heart Tamer

Ms Sheena

Just so you know, I will read all of this and reply to it when I have the time later.
Gash Thrashum
Ms Sheena

Just so you know, I will read all of this and reply to it when I have the time later.

I see that you have other matters on your plate in aftermath thread so I understand and can wait for your opinion at a later time.

Cottontail

its a curse
ariichu
Holy hell Garage Band Baby just spiked to over 500 bil cat_eek I've seen a bunch of other items in my invo spike dramatically today, from 4 bil listings to only 50 bil+... Why oh why do I feel like this has something to do with that 170-ish tril dumped into the system by the staff cat_rolleyes Not to mention the other 133 tril that's left to be dealt with... This is just too ridiculous.

EDIT: Just noticed these listings in Flynn's Plunder. LQI's in the plunder now, eh? Is this the first time this has happened? I don't pay enough attention to Flynn's to notice. First time or not, it appears the staff isn't afraid to hide that they buy items from the userbase anymore?

In the LQI answers they gave us a week ago or whatever, they basically asked us if we want to "donate our LQIs to Flynn we can do so by gifting them". (I think it's a cover-up, tbh)
BUT damn you have no idea how tempted I was to send that b***h ALL the caches

Oh my goodnesssss I wish you had!!!! cat_xd cat_xd
And you know, I have a feeling that's a cover up too. I bet very few Gaians would donate LQIs to the Plunder.
Those are not the items you usually see donated anywhere, even to people questing for them sdhjdgjd

But on another note, and as a message to upper management here...
There are 4 items I would have purchased in the last 2 days, had it not been for this debacle.
Without a real explanation from HQ, honing up to the truth & making some serious changes regarding this situation - I refuse to purchase Gaia Cash. And I usually purchase too much, ahaha. Until you come clean and fix your dirty dealing ways, you have at least lost one seriously-paying customer.

At least my wallet is happy cat_lol

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre

mm~~ Reasonable concerns. I just feel like Gaia The Company and Gaia the place I hang out are kinda.. two different things. Like... the staff or CEO or someone/people up there have so far done what they can to destroy our trust in them and their ability to competently foresee the decisions of the company, but site-wise, on the level with the average user, aside from the prices having sky rocketed, there isn't exactly a WHOLE lot that's different. Gaia can't really stop me from talking to people about bands I love or shows or books I've read/watched. Derping around is a lovely free feature available to everyone everywhere. They can't stop the nice people who are either talented exchangers/vendors or financially well off IRL from having giveaways and donating to people they deem worthy. They can't charge for humanity or the human condition. There's no sales on conversations and inside jokes. There are inherent intangible draws that are pretty deeply rooted in the site that, despite all the cash bombardments and the blundering decisions of the upper management, will always exist so long as there's a group of people who gather here, as it would anywhere people gather.
Gaia may have lost its soul, but the users haven't. UuU

That is all so true. I think that's why I love playing zOMG! so much. There are so many possibilities to derp in the game thanks to unfix glitches. It's really fun just to use the glitches to tease friends with. I've enjoyed many fun crews with users and ex-devs, that no matter how many times I play Shallow Seas or Dead Man's Shadow the conversations keep the game fun. Forums actually scare me a lot and I didn't start using them much until the whole drama thing with Gaia happened. It was like finally I had something to talk to people about since economics and business topics interests me a lot. zOMG! and friends keep the site interesting and fun. It's like yeah I can dress my avatar up and all on Gaia if I wanted, but it's what I do with my avatar in flash spaces that keeps me amused. I've gone to weddings to playing hide and seek games in zOMG! and friend chat spaces. So I admit I use forums the most when there is some interaction with them through events. I like interacting with people not items. I wish Gaia staff could understand that.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre
That is all so true. I think that's why I love playing zOMG! so much. There are so many possibilities to derp in the game thanks to unfix glitches. It's really fun just to use the glitches to tease friends with. I've enjoyed many fun crews with users and ex-devs, that no matter how many times I play Shallow Seas or Dead Man's Shadow the conversations keep the game fun. Forums actually scare me a lot and I didn't start using them much until the whole drama thing with Gaia happened. It was like finally I had something to talk to people about since economics and business topics interests me a lot. zOMG! and friends keep the site interesting and fun. It's like yeah I can dress my avatar up and all on Gaia if I wanted, but it's what I do with my avatar in flash spaces that keeps me amused. I've gone to weddings to playing hide and seek games in zOMG! and friend chat spaces. So I admit I use forums the most when there is some interaction with them through events. I like interacting with people not items. I wish Gaia staff could understand that.
Exactly! Gaia trying to push sales on us, if you know what's really important, is just a minor nag. And regardless of the ways the upper management of Gaia act like greedy leeches, it won't really change the ways you can enjoy the site, or more accurately, the other people who frequent it. For those of us who either don't have the funds or morally refuse to support the site for the dubious practices in which they choose to conduct, there is still plenty to enjoy on this site, without paying much mind or heed to what the upper management does.

Haha, yeah I've eased up on my forum posting a lot in recent years in favor of zOMG. X'Da But yeah, like... the events are seriously where it's at, forum wise. <3

Eh, if they did, they'd probably try to find a way to weasel their way into making us pay for the things that are fun on this site, thus killing the fun. lol

Familiar Businessman

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
Menstrual Cramps

Thank you for your bravery.
I wonder if Zero was one of the drivers behind this scheme, or if he was just the guy they threw under the bus.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Exactly! Gaia trying to push sales on us, if you know what's really important, is just a minor nag. And regardless of the ways the upper management of Gaia act like greedy leeches, it won't really change the ways you can enjoy the site, or more accurately, the other people who frequent it. For those of us who either don't have the funds or morally refuse to support the site for the dubious practices in which they choose to conduct, there is still plenty to enjoy on this site, without paying much mind or heed to what the upper management does.

Haha, yeah I've eased up on my forum posting a lot in recent years in favor of zOMG. X'Da But yeah, like... the events are seriously where it's at, forum wise. <3

Eh, if they did, they'd probably try to find a way to weasel their way into making us pay for the things that are fun on this site, thus killing the fun. lol

That's a really good approach to have. It gets stressful at times being on Gaia and feeling like constantly being attacked just for having a different opinion on any subject in forums. So there are times I have to even remind myself of something [ JK ], a zOMG! developer said, "Really Gaia Really? Is gold all you care about?" because features and social interactions really matter on the site. I love how part of that quote was inputted in the Towns 2 loading screens. It's almost like the stunts that Gaia pulls would be easier to handle if main features on the site got worked on again. The events are fun, but in between them it feels like there is nothing fun to do other than bicker with each other in forums. I think I remember quoting you before that you shouldn't feel like you can't post in forums just for having a different opinion.

I mean there are features like Flynn's Plunder and marketplace that have been abused by staff mules as mentioned in this thread, so I've decided just to avoid them now and view them as a broken feature not to be used by myself. But yes there are many cool features that still work. I just wish they would be worked on and not get outdated because I enjoy using them. GOfusion and animal bases are two new things that came out this year that I enjoy. I hope the inventory arranger and IM system come out this year too. I really was hoping pet system would come out too, but Uncle Kenny left. sad I'm actually shocked it took so long for tiered spender to show up. Gaia cash shop is like a MMO shop on steroids with their prices. lol I still can't help laughing how Gaia items cost more than items in popular MMOs now, but whatever.

I had really fun time today in Gaia's new hangout area the Neko place with my shark avi I admit. It was fun making people laugh just being silly.

I could joke for things Gaia could do, but last time I did that achievements became pay to play with kickstarters. So I would hate if another silly joke I did ended up being another thing Gaia did. At least Gofusion came out after a similar suggestion I submitted to usertalk e-mail, so super happy Gaia listened with that. Anyway nice talking with you.

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
I like how the mp graphs appears to be fairly stable before the 133tril purchase, and now within the week its been creeping up to the 300tril spot again.

Also on another point that name dropping thing is pointless. Even gaian staff can mess up and give wrong information, it happens everywhere. And if there are no set rules on name dropping then gaia will just make some to suit their situation.

Also, I feel like it does make sense to remove the names from this thread because whose mule it was has no bearing other than it was a staff mule. If the mule belongs to gaia staff it could have been anyone who made the purchase...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff