Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Otaku

Most satisfying: The plot is actually moving!!! Slow, but moving!!!

Most disappointing: I miss the other NPCs/plot characters. I wish some of them had greater/more significant contributions to plot besides just "being there" (talking about peeps like Moira, Liam, Ian, Brenni--who had potential when he helped Edmund find Gino--and there's Devin, whose somehow related to the Kuro's). I just hope the manga-makers/script-writers don't forget to tie the lose ends...even the not-so-significant lose ends.
Of course I understand that featuring all the other characters for the sake of just showing them might not make for good story-telling, so I guess that it is better that they remain unseen...for now...

Ahhhh! Also, I find it unfortunate that the Gaia plot and zOMG plot don't tie up together (at least for the present arc). I hope they find a way to reintroduce Labtech X again after all the Nyx hullabaloo.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
i was satisfied with the very recent
short matsuri-manga.
yesh, it gave me the warm, fuzzy feels~ emotion_bigheart

as for this on-going saga,
i rly love it *~*
but i hope they can finish it,
'cuz this years of waiting is terrible T~T
the complete halt last year on it
was disappointing, if not terrifying!
this epic story deserves to have as epic ending
as it's been!
I love the little things like what Pengaana linked about Josie, it really brings the NPCs to life you know? 3nodding
I would like to see more mini comics about the NPCs, like what they're doing during the Airship saga.

I guess the things that I'm upset about would be...slow-ness in updates? I don't mean to sound impatient
or anything I just tend to forget about stuff a lot if I don't get an update as soon as possible.
*flails* But that's my own problem so I can't complain. xd

Nerd

The most satisfying plot for me would definitely be the zurg plotline.It was fun while also being serious, involved the users in whole new ways, and is really the standard I hold most plot developments against.

The most disappointing thing with the plot to me -and I may srsly be the only one- Gino seems to be so inconsistent and I get he's aging and changing but there's growing up and there's being completely off the wall.

Perfect Saint

I no longer know what's happening. xd I did like that old Von Helson arc and maybe those things zOMG related.

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Rhino Beetle
Satisfying: When the anima adamantea and fremere's guard turned out to be lovers. I still have some of the art we got alongside with it saved

Disappointment: How dark elves beat the vamps and there was no real pay off for it. Yes don kuro is summoning nyx but I hoped to see durem in shambles, dark elves running the underground world, or you know something

Sorry, I'm still fairly new to following plotlines outside the manga. While I recognize those two as EIs, when did they become lovers? I'd wish to have links so I could catch up/read something new.

On topic.

I would say demonbusters is my fave plot, in terms of how plots were being handled. It had such pretty pretty art in the prologue. Instead of creating whole new characters as the plot demanded, they instead turned to already existing ones that's already been integrated into the site (Overseer used to be just 'The Aquiarium Daily Clam'). The only new addition was Sentinel. It made a fool out of Gino, who used to be so despised for always stealing the spotlight. The event itself was well made and very fun to participate in (relatively; by our current standards of event making, that was great despite some glitches). Plus, we also got ourselves a good epilogue manga. Yeah, the plot's ending was a cop-out-- but they at least acknowledged it in the manga itself (aka they paid attention to our comments!), and our two demigods turned out to be the kickstarter of subsequent plots/events.

My fave part of events was the forum interactions and flash games. I loved Frontier Skies due to the awesome game and how everyone was helping give tips on how to work with it. This summer event would have been dull, had it not been for user-made threads that helped boost moral/improve user interactions. User feedback is the best part though. Back then, we actually helped shape the events. The zurg event was highly user-interactive and we got a huge plot thanks to that! The comics would blend comedy and drama to keep things from getting too heavy. I remember how strongly the community hated the 3D clips of the first vampire event, and we never got one again. While Gino can be considered as the protagonist of gaia's manga he was toned down and even turned into the comedic buttmonkey at some point due to user opinions. And in the current plots, the artist/story makers made the effort to build him up again as a main character, instead of just doing a timeskip and then BAM he's awesome ahaha (or worse, a retcon)!

Disappointing part of the plot? I'd say definitely the lack of thought in wrapping up events. I was on hiatus for the good portion of the last three years, so I couldn't say much about those events. Like I said, demonbusters was doing so well in terms of build up for the event-- but the ending left me unsatisfied when it first came out. Frontier skies was a great event, but plotwise, it turned out to be a moot one (MOLDS!?). And from what I can see based on the minicomics, the same offhanded wrap-ups are still prevalent. That part's the most frustrating to me because I keep missing out on events and I never find out what exactly happened! I had to ask someone what the ending of Grave Dangers was, because I missed the last half of the event. Now, when I reread the origin manga of the event, I still feel very let down that there's no conclusion manga...

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Neziar
And from what I can see based on the minicomics, the same offhanded wrap-ups are still prevalent. Even the latest summer event's ending felt very rushed. Heck, didn't we only get an announcement instead of an official manga conclusion? That part's the most frustrating to me because I keep missing out on events and I never find out what exactly happened!

Three Pages

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Hunaja-Mesi
Neziar
And from what I can see based on the minicomics, the same offhanded wrap-ups are still prevalent. Even the latest summer event's ending felt very rushed. Heck, didn't we only get an announcement instead of an official manga conclusion? That part's the most frustrating to me because I keep missing out on events and I never find out what exactly happened!

Three Pages

Thanks! I editted my post now to not mention the event 3nodding Dear Lord I love their expressions...

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Neziar
Hunaja-Mesi
Neziar

Three Pages

Thanks! I editted my post now to not mention the event 3nodding Dear Lord I love their expressions...

ur welcome ^~^ it was so very sweet, how they're at odds all the tiem,
but when they're asleep, we all see how they luff each others >w< heart

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Hunaja-Mesi
Neziar
Hunaja-Mesi

I like that this is a real conclusion that shows not only how the event ends, but it also wraps up the characters' conflict! (aka they're not really enemies, they're just lil'shits who love getting on each other's nerves!) Those plushies of each other are so adorable! TAT why you not event items?

I'm really sad to think that they're just one-off characters now. I want more art of these two mischief makers, I wanna see them interact with previous event charas, maybe get kicked out of PhinPhang for trying to eat the fishes. Which is another gaian disappointment: Stop making new characters only for them to be sidelined and never again be used! So many charas in past CIs... granted, I think they're getting better now since we now have EI stories with reoccuring theme/characters.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Neziar
Hunaja-Mesi
Neziar
Hunaja-Mesi

I like that this is a real conclusion that shows not only how the event ends, but it also wraps up the characters' conflict! (aka they're not really enemies, they're just lil'shits who love getting on each other's nerves!) Those plushies of each other are so adorable! TAT why you not event items?

I'm really sad to think that they're just one-off characters now. I want more art of these two mischief makers, I wanna see them interact with previous event charas, maybe get kicked out of PhinPhang for trying to eat the fishes. Which is another gaian disappointment: Stop making new characters only for them to be sidelined and never again be used! So many charas in past CIs... granted, I think they're getting better now since we now have EI stories with reoccuring theme/characters.

i don't have a lot to add ^^
indeed, the plushies would've been so lovely to get TvT maybe someday?
and i would love to see them again, as well.. *sighs*

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My biggest plot disappointment would be Meili's death. He could have been an awesome character on Gaia. The best part about the plot as a whole would be the fact that it has gone from silly to serious which is a good change :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff