Welcome to Gaia! ::

rewards start at 200 GC, but you can't actually buy anything for 200GC. You can buy something for 199GC - and get nothing.

Nice, Gaia.
If you are going to make a minimum, the least you could do is add some items that actually meet that minimum.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Interesting. I didn't even realize that.

The fact that they're turning giving them money into an "event" speaks volumes.
Yeah. Well I'm going to try to buy something using "free" Gaia Cash gotten from watching videos.. will be interesting to see if I actually get a reward, since I didn't buy it with real money

yet since I can't buy anything for 200 GC, it's going be hard to get the extra 49GC since the "free" options are so limited
yup, I tested it. It didn't give my any reward for spending 249 GC that I earned for free

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Wow, that's dumb. People who get gc from watching videos are just as good as people with money to burn. Why not include them?

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

baerbear
yup, I tested it. It didn't give my any reward for spending 249 GC that I earned for free

i thought it said in the announcement that they will contact you after the "event" is over with

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It seems to say that it'll be given to you after the event is over.

Take screenshots of what you buy/bought if you can. You might have to prove it if they screw up somehow.

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
And this is why people doubt others.

Quote:
Once the event ends, we’ll confirm your spending and send you the prizes directly to your account! It’s simple as that!

Please allow 1-2 business days after the event ends for us to send you your prizes.

between September 5th, 4:59 PM PDT and September 7th, 5:01 PM PDT

learn2read.
shruikan
baerbear

i thought it said in the announcement that they will contact you after the "event" is over with
As I recall, it said that when you buy something, you get to choose which one you want

then when the event is over, the item shows up in the inventory

well, I got no item choice so..

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

baerbear
shruikan
baerbear

As I recall, it said that when you buy something, you get to choose which one you want

then when the event is over, the item shows up in the inventory

well, I got no item choice so..

i just re-read the announcement
and its not very clear about when you get to choose your item once you've hit the tier
so i really dont know
hmm. well as I read it, it says

"When your spending reaches one of our tiers, you’ll earn your choice of the listed rewards."

How can you make a choice if they don't give you one? After that, it says

"After the event ends we’ll send the prizes directly to your account!"

How can they put the item in my account if they never asked me what items I wanted?

If someone that actually buys GCash wants to test it and see if it is any different for them… go ahead
baerbear

"When your spending reaches one of our tiers, you’ll earn your choice of the listed rewards."

How can they put the item in my account if they never asked me what items I wanted?

If someone that actually buys GCash wants to test it and see if it is any different for them… go ahead

I remember reading the other day, that they'll ask after the event in a pm, and then you get your item

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
baerbear

I'm pretty sure I even read somewhere that whether the cash was purchased or free didn't matter, and there was a notice that stated specifically that the prizes would not be awarded until 1-2 business days after the event. So Tuesday or Wednesday, as it is Sunday.

They will probably either send a PM prompting you to pick, OR send you a bundle that let's you pick, like the monthly collectibles. They can give you something and have you still pick it. Hell, they released both Kitsune and Tanuki prizes in the same announcement, after the event ended.

Also, I've bought cash and purchased two Pumpkin Socials. I didn't get anything either, because it's not getting delivered right away.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Also, this thread probably doesn't count as feedback.
You're posting in the wrong place.

Go to site questions and assitance or go to CB or something, considering this all was answered in official announcements, more or less.

Magnetic Phantom

Rosalind Hawk
Also, this thread probably doesn't count as feedback.
You're posting in the wrong place.
Well, the OP is voicing critique on how this "event" has been set up.
Sure, it could be more elaborate (and maybe not entirely accurate if it turns out that earned cash does qualify after all, but I do get that people may be concerned about this) but it is feedback in that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff