Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
  • Member 100
Hello again, my fellow gaians, I am having trouble with my e1649Fwu Asus Monitor. I got it at a flea market, but I got home, tried it out, and it was fine. But then, I decided to unplug it and get the usb ports in the back. I did all the necessary installs, but then the Computer tells me that it is not recognized. I have no idea! I looked at the usb port on the minitorm the cord won't fit in right, BUT it used to work! Please help me! (I am working with a windows 7)

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250
ComputerNerd250
Hello again, my fellow gaians, I am having trouble with my e1649Fwu Asus Monitor. I got it at a flea market, but I got home, tried it out, and it was fine. But then, I decided to unplug it and get the usb ports in the back. I did all the necessary installs, but then the Computer tells me that it is not recognized. I have no idea! I looked at the usb port on the minitorm the cord won't fit in right, BUT it used to work! Please help me! (I am working with a windows 7)

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

I'm not even sure what the issue is. I'm having a hard time understanding how a monitor's USB ports are associated with the functionality of your monitor display. Are you trying to get your monitor to display video via a USB cord?

Friendly Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
  • Member 100
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

I'm not even sure what the issue is. I'm having a hard time understanding how a monitor's USB ports are associated with the functionality of your monitor display. Are you trying to get your monitor to display video via a USB cord?

Yes, it worked before, but now, its not! The usb port is shaped kinda funny though.
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

Yes, it worked before, but now, its not! The usb port is shaped kinda funny though.

It sounds like you were using some sort of proprietary adapter (Asus or Dell), not your USB cable.

Your monitor should be equipped with one or more of the following:

VGA adapter
DVI adapter
HDMI adapter

You will want to use one of these ports to establish and maintain a video display on your monitor. The USB ports on your monitor are designed for devices such as webcams and flashdrives.

EDIT:
Getting video display on the monitor via a USB cable should not even be possible without the use of 3rd party applications and proprietary hardware.

Friendly Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
  • Member 100
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

It sounds like you were using some sort of proprietary adapter (Asus or Dell), not your USB cable.

VGA adapter
DVI adapter
HDMI adapter

You will want to use one of these ports to establish and maintain a video display on your monitor. The USB ports on your monitor are designed for devices such as webcams and flashdrives.

EDIT:
Getting video display on the monitor via a USB cable should not even be possible without the use of 3rd party applications and proprietary hardware.

I have the 3rd party software, my Dad is working on the monitor. He found out the problem.
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

VGA adapter
DVI adapter
HDMI adapter

EDIT:

I have the 3rd party software, my Dad is working on the monitor. He found out the problem.

Really? I'd love to know what the issue was.

Friendly Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
  • Member 100
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250
Lraushtsen
ComputerNerd250

Thanks for your help!
-ComputerNerd250

VGA adapter
DVI adapter
HDMI adapter

EDIT:

Really? I'd love to know what the issue was.

The USB port broke off, He tried to fix it, but it wouldn't work when I tested it. So now, I believe we are gonna get an adapter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff