Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I tip in the "How can that item be that inexpensive?! " thread whenever I manage to pick up an item that was mentioned. A little 'thank you for bringing this to my attention' sort. I also tip avies that I love in certain forums. Sometimes, I wish we had an option to tip more.

Super Trash

i use the tip button as a like button.

Rainbow Raider

12,700 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
          I tip frequently when I find something intensely funny, interesting, or profound.
          Most often, though, it's when I entirely agree with what the poster said.

It would be nice to be able to tip more- but not just raised to another limiting and
          shitty amount. It'd be rad if there was an option for how much you wanted to tip-
          Like a couple options with different amounts or maybe the ability to manually input
          how much you want to tip.

As it is sometimes, if I like the post enough, I'll try to get something from the user's
          wishlist and send it to them as well. But I'm honestly super lazy so a post has to be
          really impressive for that. > >;;

Undead Enchantress

1. I liked the post.
2. I wanted to acknowledge the response to one of my posts without having to bump up the thread unnecessarily.
3. 25 gold is burning my pocket.

Festive Reveler

35,400 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I tip great posts, yeah. I do think the amount of gold was too small even before hyperinflation. Maybe 1k would be a better amount these days.

Trash Vampire

Yeah constantly. In some forums it's respectful to just tip when you're done with a conversation/not replying anymore because you don't know what to say. I also ofc tip when I really like a post.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
nallan
dreamsk
I tip hilarious posts, and I tip people when I have nothing left to say to them because they summarized my point and I don't want to be a d**k and not respond back.

This. I also tip when I particularly enjoy someone's avi.
If it's a super awesome avi, I'll probably give them a compliment in my reply or leave a message on their profile. emotion_dowant

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I tip for a few reasons
1. I like what they have said (funny, smart, etc).
2. I've acknowledge their comment if I'm the OP.
3. If I'm in a discussion, that I saw their comment and agreed , but decided to not to proceed in the conversation anymore.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I tip to acknowledge a good post (clever, funny, well-written, touching).

Special Snowflake

I tip posts when I like them, this might be because it's funny, informative or they've said something I agree with.

In other cases, when I've been conversing with someone, I'll tip when I have nothing more to say to contribute to the conversation, but want to let them know that I've seen and read their reply.

I do think tip increments should be variable though, like a choice of 5 set tip increments ranging from: 100g, 1,000g, 10,000g or 100,000g.... or something. 25g seems a bit more like pennies than a tip, and sometimes I wish I could've tipped someone a lot more.

Fluffy Bunny

I tip when I like or agree with what someone says.
I do it in place of quoting most of the time because I don't feel like reiterating the same statement.
If Gaia gave posters a gold star or some sort of post rank near that post depending on the amount of tips that would be pretty neat.

Enduring Hero

I tip if I enjoy/agree with a post for the most part.
Otherwise, I tip to let people know that I read their post even though I didn't reply back when it's something like a communication thing going on. :d

Newbie Traveler

I have a tissue
I tip when there is something profound being said, something I agree with or when I find more humor than I should.

About a good mil or so of my gold in the last few months have been made from tips.

Wow. Congrats! You will probably make even more if the Gaia increases the tipping.

Newbie Traveler

Xhong
would be nice if tips had a little drop-down menu to select 25-250-2500 tips.

Yes. Or even better, have a custom amount thing and just put a limit on it. I would be happy to give 25k to some good posts that I see.

Newbie Traveler

Knight of Britannia
I tip all the time! I rather enjoy it. Usually for all the same reasons as everyone else: the post made me laugh, I agree wholeheartedly with the person, or perhaps the person and I have responded or been responding to each other through quotes and in lieu of dragging on a conversation that's clearly over, I tip them to let them know I read the post and thanks for the discussion.

I too wish we could tip more than 25g, though! I mean, I'm sure it adds up, but I'd love to tip something like 2500 or even 25000, some people really deserve it for the hard work that goes into their posts.

I agree. It is also one of my most favorite gaia features. I think it would also be nice if they remove the time restrictions for tipping posts.

Sometimes, when you see a post that is just so good, you feel a bit sad that you can only acknowledge it and give the poster 25 gold instead of more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff