Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Traveler

Do you tip forum posts? Why?

I tip them when I found what they said funny or at least, interesting. It is like the Facebook "like".

I think some posts deserve more than 25 gold. This is just super mega duper spare change nowadays. I wish Gaia can raise the tipping to a more substantial amount of gold. That way, people would be more encouraged to post interesting and amusing things. It would encourage people to talk and make Gaia more like the social site that it was before.
I tip when there is something profound being said, something I agree with or when I find more humor than I should.

About a good mil or so of my gold in the last few months have been made from tips.

Benevolent Astronomer

13,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
would be nice if tips had a little drop-down menu to select 25-250-2500 tips.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
I tip not just because I like the post but also an acknowledgement and my way of saying 'this stops here'.

Leader

I tip when i like somebody bump or quote.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I tip all the time! I rather enjoy it. Usually for all the same reasons as everyone else: the post made me laugh, I agree wholeheartedly with the person, or perhaps the person and I have responded or been responding to each other through quotes and in lieu of dragging on a conversation that's clearly over, I tip them to let them know I read the post and thanks for the discussion.

I too wish we could tip more than 25g, though! I mean, I'm sure it adds up, but I'd love to tip something like 2500 or even 25000, some people really deserve it for the hard work that goes into their posts.

it's like liking stuff on fb
              and the my only way to donate to peeps

XNevermoreX's Husbando

Obsessive Enthusiast

I tip primarily as a way of showing that I "like" the post.
Sometimes it could be used as subliminal messaging as "I don't know what else to say to our conversation."
I do wish there was a feature to select how much you want to tip a person per post.

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I dont tip TO often cause I never think about it very much xD
It either has to be really interesting to make me think about it,
Or I use it to as basically a way of saying "OHI" without actually quoting the person, saying hi, and then awkwardly chatting for two posts because I didn't actually have anything to say. cat_xd

Friendly Lunatic

I do tip when I like a post, when something awesome, interesting, smart, kind is being said,
and sometimes even just when I like the user posting.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I tip hilarious posts, and I tip people when I have nothing left to say to them because they summarized my point and I don't want to be a d**k and not respond back.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Some times (many times actually) I'd agree with someone but I'm too lazy to quote them sweatdrop

Can't wait for guilds to get tips! Tips is one of Gaia's best features

Handsome Man-Lover

It's a way to acknowledge posts that stand out to me for whatever reason, first and foremost.
They might be especially funny, insightful or well worded.

Other than that it serves just as a general 'yes, I've read your post' when a conversation ends and I just don't have anything else to add, but want to let whoever I was talking to know that I've read their last reply.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

What everyone else posted here pretty much sums up why I tip.
I do hope there will be an added feature to actually tip the amount of gold that we want...maybe a drop down menu with an 'insert gold amount here' option, because 25g isn't even chump change these days..and I pretty much think that opinions here are worth a hell lot more than that rofl

Dapper Nerd

dreamsk
I tip hilarious posts, and I tip people when I have nothing left to say to them because they summarized my point and I don't want to be a d**k and not respond back.

This. I also tip when I particularly enjoy someone's avi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff