Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Member

9,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
So recently my nephew who is 9 has (roughly) been caught playing inappropriately with his 2 year old cousin. From my knowledge this has happened twice and i am starting to become concerned, though my issue is how does one insure that this does not happen again? These incidents seemed to have happened at night while their guardians were asleep. Of course discipline is in order but what are the proper steps should one take in resolving this issue; what would you do in a situation like this/
Finding out why he did it may be a good start?

Aged Member

9,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
The20
Finding out why he did it may be a good start?

True, but also he never admitted to doing it although signs shows he did, even when the 2 y/o was talked to she confirmed that the boy "played" with her no no area. I get that children are curious about their bodies and those of others, I guess thats where playing "doctor" came from...but this cant keep happening.
Report it to the police. This little boy is a rapist in training and the best thing for his victim and society is putting him on the sex offender registry. Since false rape allegations are rare, we can just skip the trial and get the paperwork in order.

Aged Member

9,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Roih Uvet
Report it to the police. This little boy is a rapist in training and the best thing for his victim and society is putting him on the sex offender registry. Since false rape allegations are rare, we can just skip the trial and get the paperwork in order.

Report a 9 year old? SMH
Sukoshi Kou
Roih Uvet

Report a 9 year old? SMH
You think his age really matters? The Steubenville rapists were kids, sure, but they should be tried as adults. This boy should be tried and convicted as an adult for the sexual assault of a [******** two-year-old. That you didn't go straight to the police is a problematic sign of internalized misogyny.

Fashionable Citizen

8,925 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Try asking where he learned this from and why he did it.
Sukoshi Kou
Roih Uvet

Report a 9 year old? SMH

... why would I shatter your hip?

Dapper Dabbler

10,615 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sukoshi Kou
So recently my nephew who is 9 has (roughly) been caught playing inappropriately with his 2 year old cousin. From my knowledge this has happened twice and i am starting to become concerned, though my issue is how does one insure that this does not happen again? These incidents seemed to have happened at night while their guardians were asleep. Of course discipline is in order but what are the proper steps should one take in resolving this issue; what would you do in a situation like this/

Reporting him to the police would be very drastic step this early on. You don't really know what's going in his mind, and nine is still very early as far as mental development goes, (especially for boys). Getting the authorities involved could potentially hinder him for the rest of his life. For the time being I'd separate him from the two year old, and try to find out the root of such behavior. Does he have access to television or the internet? I'd monitor what he watches and check the internet search history.
If it really is a matter of curiosity, just give him some G rated sexed. There's really nothing wrong about a child learning about how his or her body works. Further more this would prevent him from turning to more damaging sources for information on the topic.
It could be possible the 9 year old is copying something he has seen or been told about. If so, you should talk to him and teach him that what he is doing is inappropriate.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Roih Uvet
Sukoshi Kou
Roih Uvet

Report a 9 year old? SMH
You think his age really matters? The Steubenville rapists were kids, sure, but they should be tried as adults. This boy should be tried and convicted as an adult for the sexual assault of a [******** two-year-old. That you didn't go straight to the police is a problematic sign of internalized misogyny.

Comments like this actually promote rape and are detrimental to child development. Why don't we call the two year old a slut while we're at it? evil
Seriously, at 9 years old, the kid likely is doing something he saw and was curious about. And you might want to look up the definition of misogyny before you continue to misuse it. emotion_facepalm

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Explain that that kind of behavior is inappropriate and why. Give them a sex ed talk with a focus on what is appropriate sexual behavior, but don't dumb it down just because he's a kid. Tell them everything, be objective, and make sure you illustrate when and where it is appropriate to discuss sex or be sexual. It is important not to take a shaming tone, but an understanding and authoritative one.

Children are very curious about their bodies and the bodies of others. It only becomes more intense as they reach puberty, especially if they have not been educated about sexuality at all.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Tee the Wicked
Comments like this actually promote rape and are detrimental to child development. Why don't we call the two year old a slut while we're at it? evil
Seriously, at 9 years old, the kid likely is doing something he saw and was curious about. And you might want to look up the definition of misogyny before you continue to misuse it. emotion_facepalm

That was Roih attempting satire. A bit ham-fisted, it seems, since no one is detecting his sarcasm.

Dapper Reveler

I don't think a nine year old really knows much of what he's doing in all this. Rather than for of "convict" him of doing something wrongful find out why he's doing it, i really doubt any malicious intent here. I wouldn't discipline him over it directly either, kids start to think the things there not supposed to do are kinda cool.

Garbage

Nine years old is old enough to know he's doing something wrong, and not to touch other people's privates. He may not be aware of how wrong it is, but he should know that it's wrong.

There's a reason I never told my parents about the things I did with other kids when I was little - even if there was no genital contact, we still knew it was wrong to be taking our pants off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff