Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Combatant

In the midst of gold generators, massive inflation and a wrecked Gaia economy, I usually look for ways to sink gold when I'm not trying to save up for an item. Although it seems like gold sinks now seem pointless since there's already so much in the economy, I tend to have the mindset that sinking any gold you can does help to some degree (Even if it really doesn't xd ).

How do I sink gold? Before, I splurged in the gold shops. Now I'm doing the alchemy. Since philosopher's caches are widely available and components aren't so ridiculously expensive, I usually buy the 100 cache pack at a time, collect the components I need, then craft the formulas. Heart Charms I find in the packs I sell, then use that gold to buy more 100 packs. Since I'm strictly crafting components only, the Very Low success rate helps me sink even more gold.

I just have another 60+ days to go before I can get into Loyal's Bazaar, then I'll go crazy! whee

Do you find ways to goldsink? Do you even goldsink? What do you do to sink gold?

Fused Astronomer

Why would I goldsink?

Charging my batteries is expensive.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I sank a fair bit of gold in the very first kickstarter, after that my participation sharply fell for various reasons. Though I am in Loyals and have bought 3/4 of the stuff in there, so I suppose that's pretty good. I bought all the other gold shop items too.

Tipsy Genius

I make a point to always use the Marketplace unless I need to sell something immediately (which only happened twice, I think) even if the shop owner is offering discounts via trades, especially for expensive items. Sure, one could argue that I just can't be assed to interact with another user and wait for a reply, but I like to think of it as practising what I preach in hopes that wealthier users will do the same.

Ah, and I also participate in kickstarters that have Paw items or a user-driven goal. I generally donate 5-25 billion, depending on the rewards. That's one of the few examples where I know my gold-sinking will influence others to do the same (by bringing us closer to global rewards).

Daring Red-Shirt

I generally don't, no. I'm questing art, among other things. Considering most of the items I'm interested in are 6 bil+ and art is 10-20 bil (if you're lucky), I can't afford to gold sink.

I do usually try to donate a little to some of the kickstarters...although I'm starting to lose interest in those very fast, considering all the bad rep surrounding them and tiers that were achieved still not being granted.

Also the gold gens being released along with gold sinks, it's kind of disheartening for me to try and sink gold when it's just as easily replaced in the system. : /

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I plan on donating one of my doll's to Flynn's Plunder, which should hopefully sink a tril or two out of the system. cat_xd
EDIT: It's there now, the second to top item! ^w^ go check!

Perfect Saint

I like gold sinks if it doesn't apply to me. xd
So I guess the only time I do sink gold is when I buy something from the MP and the gold is sunk by the listing fee.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
I only do if it seems worth it. I bought a bunch from Loyal's and like 500 of those lottery tickets he is selling, along with a bunch of grab bags when they come out. I have sank gold into every kickstarter but it's never that much since I always seem to be broke or near broke.

User Image

I donated in a few of the kickstarters. I tried to find a ticket opening project old school but I've failed.

I did alchemy before opening caches bored me

Throttle Kitty
I plan on donating one of my doll's to Flynn's Plunder, which should hopefully sink a tril or two out of the system. cat_xd

thats generous of you
it would feel like a waste though since gaia is still selling gold generators anyway

Hoarding Hoarder

Aside from the marketplace tax, and donating to get the first-tier acheivement in kickstarters, I don't sink too much gold. Keeping funding up high enough for quests is hard enough.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I've sunk enough gold in the kickstarters to get the 'basic' achievement.^^ I sell stuff in the mp unless I'm in a hurry. I don't mind the increase in tax.^^
That's the only goldsinking I do. I don't know if it helps when the gg are here to stay, but meh, whatever. gonk

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I can only buy so much gold shop stuff before I get bored... I do a lot of vending in the MP, so hopefully that sinks a lot. I think I've eaten more in tax than I've put in kickstarters now. Feels better fulfilling (and getting bored with shamelessly fast) wishlist items than slapping down 4bn and getting a pile of items I wouldn't bother buying for 300k.

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
I do donate, but only to get the cheapest achievement, and then leaves. XD
When Gaia started handing out these shitty charms and achievements (neither of which I give two about) as rewards for Gold Sinks I lost all interest. If the global rewards are any good I may donate a Bill or two, but that hasn't happened in quite some time.

I will sink gold at Loyal's gladly, but not on things like lottery tickets. Give me something I can use and take my money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff