Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Lunatic

Peri, Peri, quite contrary...
      I donated my entire amount of Gaia gold at the last gold sink,
      thinking there would be steps taken to actually reduce inflation.
      But now it just seems like there's reduced inflation in order to keep it under control,
      just to release more gold sinks?

That makes me feel like when I'm donating,
      the gold is just being redistributed to paying users.
      Everyone puts their gold in,
      and the people that pay for gold gens get it out again.

Like, it's nice that this event is for noobs and all...
      But in the long run, every gold sink is a temporary fix so the economy can be flooded once again.

So even though this one is a "good cause,"
      I'm not buying into the idea anymore.
User Image

Invisible Gaian

I agree. I got hopeful with the first few kickstarters because I thought Gaia had reconsidered the GG and wanted to work against inflation. I don't believe in trying to fill up a pocket with a gigantic hole in it.

Fashionable Bookworm

Yeah this is a really disappointing one. not going to participate since I doubt we'll get any of the global tiers and I'm no longer amused with the individual ones. The last items were crap. Curse my curiosity. Only thing I see of worth sadly are achievement which I enjoyed earning but oh well. That's Gaia now.

Perfect Saint

I never considered the system as recycling gold at all. It's destroying gold, but then, gold gets created. It's a simpler model. It's the MP and Exchange that circulates gold.

I just wish the creation process didn't outstrip the destruction so quickly as easily.

Edgy Trash

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just kind of don't care about this kickstarter. I get it. It's for newbs. How touching.

Nevermind the fact that everyone is suffering, not just the newbs.

Also, I'm kind of not fond of this idea that it appears we need to join this newbie guild to actually gain any of the global rewards. The personal grants are, frankly, not worth it.

But that's just my two-cents.

Probably going to get a lot of s**t for my post.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Myrielle
I never considered the system as recycling gold at all. It's destroying gold, but then, gold gets created. It's a simpler model. It's the MP and Exchange that circulates gold.

I just wish the creation process didn't outstrip the destruction so quickly as easily.

ikr?

"Help the newbies, and btw hey there's a gonna be new gold gen for 300tril after this sink."
I just made that up, so please don't think that's serious.
But that's what it feels like.

Liberal Lunatic

Myrielle

Peri, Peri, quite contrary...
      Obviously I don't think they literally recycle the gold.
      The MP and Exchange play some part,
      but in the creating, the created gold only goes directly to paying users.
      Everyone else has to trade something for it.
      Or beg, I guess.
User Image

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I'm not giving any of my gold to this kickstarter and here's why,

1. It's for a user-run event. And I hate user-run events. I'm sorry but I just find the so boring.

2. In order to do this user-run event you have to be a member of the guild who is running the event. At least that's how it looks. I could be wrong. But either way, I don't want to join that guild. If I did I would have long ago.

3. Call me stubborn but I'm not going to help pay for an event that doesn't even have the side I would pick. I've always sided with team Barton ever since the first town team event. Which was back in 07' I think. I'm not going to pick a new town just to do some user-run event.

4. It may seem harsh but honestly I don't see the point in helping newbies. Well other then giving them advice and answering their questions that is. I believe people should work and earn what they want. I understand that it's next to impossible for anyone to earn the gold they need now thanks to gold gens but still. Plus I think it's better for the newbies to not get to attached to Gaia. Since I don't seeing it being around in 2 years.

Fashionable Bookworm

phoebe-chan

1. It's for a user-run event. And I hate user-run events. I'm sorry but I just find the so boring.

2. In order to do this user-run event you have to be a member of the guild who is running the event. At least that's how it looks. I could be wrong. But either way, I don't want to join that guild. If I did I would have long ago.

3. Call me stubborn but I'm not going to help pay for an event that doesn't even have the side I would pick. I've always sided with team Barton ever since the first town team event. Which was back in 07' I think. I'm not going to pick a new town just to do some user-run event.

4. It may seem harsh but honestly I don't see the point in helping newbies. Well other then giving them advice and answering their questions that is. I believe people should work and earn what they want. I understand that it's next to impossible for anyone to earn the gold they need now thanks to gold gens but still. Plus I think it's better for the newbies to not get to attached to Gaia. Since I don't seeing it being around in 2 years.
I love you for remembering the first town event. I was originally from '06 and I remember the event. It was so fun and I decided to be Barton. I just can't go down with this event. I just can't. And I hope you don't have to join the guild cause that's just wrong and exploiting people to join.

Wind-up Waffles

Was there an announcement for this? I didn't see it, so I'm a little confused. o:

I don't buy into kickstarters anymore. For one, I simply can't afford them. xD
Plus my gold goes towards items I want. The tradeoff would be for items/achievements I don't necessarily want. Hm, tough choice. Sorry Gaia. confused

edit:
I chose Durem in the first towns event. smile

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I think that was the entire point of these kickstarters. Create a lot of short term solutions to inflation by creating sinks while not actually doing anything about gold gens and the damage they've done. In fact, that might actually just make them even more attractive. The sad thing is, I'm beyond caring about how Gaia doesn't see us as anything besides their piggy bank anymore. I'm actually looking forward to the site coming to an end, so I have an excuse to move on to sites like it that treat their users better.

I don't really like how Barton is going to be excluded in the event, either, since I've always supported Barton in all the town competition events I'd taken part in. And I don't share the guild's enthusiasm for helping newbies with anything besides steering them in the right direction as users. AND the icon for the event is right above the forums button in the navigation bar. I'm sitting this event out.

Edit: Well, they fixed SOMETHING, at least. I'm still sitting this one out.

Wind-up Waffles

Ahh, I bet AdBlock blocked it. xD Thanks!

How could they exclude Barton?!
The whole point of Kickstarts is to take your gold, and if you run out, then you would consider buying gold generators.

They are not there for inflation control. They are there to support the sale of gold generators.

I refuse to do anything with kickstarts for that alone. I'm also not happy that they use them for "good causes". I am not keen on the idea that they are monetizing user-run events at all. If Gaia really gave a damn about their newbies they would control the inflation without strings attached.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Bergamot Bliss
phoebe-chan

I love you for remembering the first town event. I was originally from '06 and I remember the event. It was so fun and I decided to be Barton. I just can't go down with this event. I just can't. And I hope you don't have to join the guild cause that's just wrong and exploiting people to join.

I loved that first town event lol.

I will always join team Barton. If you ask me it's not a true town team event unless all 4 towns are in it.

And I hope I'm wrong and you don't have to join the guild to do the event. I still won't be joining it even if we don't have to join.

Fashionable Bookworm

phoebe-chan
Bergamot Bliss
phoebe-chan

I loved that first town event lol.

I will always join team Barton. If you ask me it's not a true town team event unless all 4 towns are in it.

And I hope I'm wrong and you don't have to join the guild to do the event. I still won't be joining it even if we don't have to join.
Haha yeah I love Barton. Can't change my team. And I don't like you can join it but cant do anything with it. Not right.

But me too. I have heard some rumors about that guild but then again who knows about anything anymore. But yeah I won't be joining or supporting right now. I don't trust these user-run event things. Let alone kickstarters in general.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff