Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Exhibitionist

Hello everyone!

Right now I have a dilemma, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

First, a brief background: I was sick and tired of being single, so I tried various personals sites to see if I could have any luck - OkCupid was one of them. I met a wonderful man through OkCupid and we hit it off really well, and we decided on a second date. However, I last saw him online on August 16th (OkCupid tells you when was the last time he or she has logged on, which is nice), and he has not been online at all ever since. He told me before that date that he would be very busy at work since a couple of other employees as been laid off so he has been working double shifts. I understood and told him to take his time (I'm too nice for my own good, probably).

It's been almost 3 weeks now, and I'm a little worried about him - he hasn't been coming online at all to at least say hello. He did leave me his phone number, though.

I'm not sure if I should leave him a brief message or not (I already did on OkCupid). I mean, I'm still interested in him even now but I don't want to seem like a stalker or anything.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!
Leave him 1 message. Only one. Then if he doesnt reply move on.

Romantic Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Love Machine 150
Reach out once, see where it goes. If you get no response, I'm sorry to say, but from there move on.
I echo the idea of ringing or leaving a message once, then leaving it at that. Express your concern for his absence, hoping things are ok etc.

Tipsy Hunter

Yeah I think it's fair if you tried to call or text him just once to check in. No harm in that. If you do get a hold of him, try to keep the conversation casual so it doesn't get uncomfortable just in case he is avoiding you for some reason.

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hasuki Aatisuto

I agree with the others, you should leave him a message just to check in. If he doesn't respond then move on.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Well, I left him a message on his answering machine. Let's see how things goes.

Thanks for your advice guys. I'm just not used to the whole dating thing, haha. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff