Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Informer

Here's what the rules say:

Proselytizing & Evangelizing
This is a forum for discussing and debating with others, not preaching at them. The point is to generate discussion, so making threads for the sole purpose of trying to convert other users or present a single viewpoint as absolute fact is not allowed. You are welcome to discuss why you hold a certain belief system or why x religion has x belief, just remember that preaching =/= discussion.

I actually find this rule debatable. For one thing, it can create great discussions and debates. Debates are usually a form of answering and questioning the idea of a decision of their choices and what can be settled on. It also can be discussed and if they choose to follow the idea of one's belief, they do have a freedom to decide in it.

As a street minister, I find this interesting and true. Even though, it ends up with them knowing the truth of who God really is.

As I said, this is definitely debatable. And it can create a great discussion. That is proven factual.
_Leon Camero_

This is a forum for discussing and debating with others, not preaching at them. The point is to generate discussion, so making threads for the sole purpose of trying to convert other users or present a single viewpoint as absolute fact is not allowed. You are welcome to discuss why you hold a certain belief system or why x religion has x belief, just remember that preaching =/= discussion.

I actually find this rule debatable. For one thing, it can create great discussions and debates. Debates are usually a form of answering and questioning the idea of a decision of their choices and what can be settled on. It also can be discussed and if they choose to follow the idea of one's belief, they do have a freedom to decide in it.

As a street minister, I find this interesting and true. Even though, it ends up with them knowing the truth of who God really is.

As I said, this is definitely debatable. And it can create a great discussion. That is proven factual.

You're bound to feel confused when you split a topic like that.
- dramallama

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Lucky~9~Lives
_Leon Camero_

- dramallama

User Image

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
_Leon Camero_
I actually find this rule debatable.

Wow... a Christian who is unwilling to let his yes be yes and follow forum rules.
Color me surprised.
Wait... no, it's a tuesday.

Friendly Informer

Haha, when one adds their own opinion, it gets notified quickly.

Friendly Informer

Lucky~9~Lives
_Leon Camero_

- dramallama

Topic? This is one of the forum rule that I can declare my own opinion.

Friendly Informer

imbadspankme
Discussing your faith, is not the same. Often we find threads simply asking people to join a faith, pray, and become (insert religion of choice here). That's not discussion, nor does it lead to any, (trolling potential aside).
That's not what I meant. However, that is not even considered prophesying, nor evangelical. That's just an idea of invitation.

Friendly Informer

CuAnnan
_Leon Camero_
I actually find this rule debatable.

Wow... a Christian who is unwilling to let his yes be yes and follow forum rules.
Color me surprised.
Wait... no, it's a tuesday.

It seems as if you don't understand opinions.

Friendly Informer

imbadspankme
_Leon Camero_
imbadspankme
Discussing your faith, is not the same. Often we find threads simply asking people to join a faith, pray, and become (insert religion of choice here). That's not discussion, nor does it lead to any, (trolling potential aside).
That's not what I meant. However, that is not even considered prophesying, nor evangelical. That's just an idea of invitation.
That kind of thing is not allowed. It's fine to discuss your beliefs, reason for them, logical proofs, physical proofs, and similar things. it's not acceptable to encourage others to join your religion or preach to them about why your religion must be followed.

Do you see me preach? Or do you see my opinion?
_Leon Camero_

Well, we can certainly discuss the deontological implications of being faced with a duty to follow seemingly arbitrary rules, such as this forum's rules. Debating the rules themselves is a bit more "out of bounds," but I can offer some insight into this one specifically.

We tend to exclude proselytism because it often takes on the character of "pamphlet" style posting: the preacher's intent is to say, and then have the audience limited to taking (converting) or leaving (remaining a target for further pamphlets) what is said. Discussion may happen, but it's not the intent.

Now it's possible to have reasonable discussion even if the underlying intent is proselytic; but simply shilling your denomination is what the rule doesn't allow.

The other side of it is this: would you want to see a forum full of people just posting billboards and pamphlets for, say, Pastafarianism? No, you'd think that to be an advertising forum rather than a discussion forum.

Friendly Informer

Sandokiri
_Leon Camero_

Well, we can certainly discuss the deontological implications of being faced with a duty to follow seemingly arbitrary rules, such as this forum's rules. Debating the rules themselves is a bit more "out of bounds," but I can offer some insight into this one specifically.

We tend to exclude proselytism because it often takes on the character of "pamphlet" style posting: the preacher's intent is to say, and then have the audience limited to taking (converting) or leaving (remaining a target for further pamphlets) what is said. Discussion may happen, but it's not the intent.

Now it's possible to have reasonable discussion even if the underlying intent is proselytic; but simply shilling your denomination is what the rule doesn't allow.

The other side of it is this: would you want to see a forum full of people just posting billboards and pamphlets for, say, Pastafarianism? No, you'd think that to be an advertising forum rather than a discussion forum.

Oh shoot! An admin. That's cool!

Anyways, The idea of this was to give an idea of discussion and debate and to understand one's perspective of whether or not why a certain individual who was one in the belief system, decided to leave. The idea of that is considered a prophecy that came true. Debating comes in this form because it help develops one's aspect of understanding. That is what debates are about in a Naturalist stance. Though that meaning became lost, especially in 2014.

The point of evangelicalism is not about bringing Someone Into their system, it's about knowing and understanding that they might get a chance to try again in what was lost
When I minister, I do not tell people to do this, or that. I come with an understanding heart. With that brings discussion, then brings out the debate in their hearts. Then, when all that is over, the choice comes. That is called evangelicalism. Though again, that meaning was lost.

All I have to say is, if this doesn't seem to fit, you may delete it. However, this is only my opinion. And it can be discussed.

Friendly Informer

The Great Autismo
Sounds like some weak sauce attempt at autistic backseat modding.

It did bring an administrator. Which was awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff