Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm working on a new piece, and I like it so far, but the spine is bugging me. Angle has always been tough, which I'm sure it is for a lot of people. I don't like the section of spine plates near his hindquarters, as I think they're too small, but I'm not worried about that.

I can see the whole thing from his head to mid-back just doesn't seem angled properly. Some of the flaws I think I can fix, others just boggle my mind. From his pose, we should be able to see most of the plates from behind as his body is angled away from us. His head is also angled away from us exposing part of the underside of his jaw, while his neck is twisted slightly toward us. Seems more complicated when put into words, I've noticed.

Anyway...ideas?

User Image

DeniedHero's Partner

Dapper Codger

User Image

I don't draw creatures too much, but it looks like there needs to be a more gradual change in perspective in the scales.
Thank you. You're right about the gradual perspective, but I'm not focused on that portion of the tail at the moment because I'm going to do it over again anyway.

I'm talking more about the top half of his spine. The section from his neck to mid-back.

DeniedHero's Partner

Dapper Codger

User Image

Is this closer to what you wanted?
Yes, that is definitely helpful. I'm terrible at perspective anyway, so both of your pictures have been helpful, but this one gives me a better idea of what I'm doing wrong. Thank you very much for your time and assistance. smile

DeniedHero's Partner

Dapper Codger

I'm glad to have helpedC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out