a
s
t
t
i
m
e
s

If you could hear the sound of crazy, Markus would have heard the woman miles before she reached their bench. It started out as normal as it could have been: Markus saw a person coming towards them, a small figure, and his guard went way up. His shoulders stiffened, the arm around Kit tightened, he shot all his attention in her direction. She didn't look familiar, if she was working with the murderers, she was a new face. Kit, sensing the tension, looked up timidly, white yogurt lips flashing from under her hat. It must have been the long flowing hair that fascinated her, because immediately Kit looked all the way up, her eyes now sparkling. Her face said it all: Pretty princess in my presence!

The woman did look monied, alright, and pretty for a teenager. But when she opened her mouth all sorts of weird just came out. Markus could feel his temper bubbling up with each word. Since Kit had been asleep when her parents were murdered, she had no proof that her parents were really gone. There was no funeral, no closure, and if she stared believing this nut job, Markus' job was only going to get harder. He didn't dare look at Kit, his eyes were locked on to the girl standing in front of him. "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not fighting anything. The kid's is my friend and I'm in charge of taking care of her." She seemed determined to part Kit from him, and he was getting angrier, but he didn't want to show Kit the fire in his belly. He wanted to stand up, give the little twig of a girl something to be afraid of. Man, it was times like these he wished it was ten twenty years ago again so he wouldn't go to jail for shoving girls. He missed those days, things were so much simpler.
                                                                        "Lady, I wish I wasn't listening to you." Markus mumbled, looking around the park. This was just too dumb. Was she a distraction for some assault? She knew Kit wasn't his family. Maybe they were in more danger than he thought! "Come on, we should go." Markus said to Kit. The girl looked confused and scared, but obliged Markus. They had known each other for almost a year and she trusted her daycare grump, Markoo, but what was this lady saying? Did she know something about her parents that Markoo wasn't telling her?
                                                                        As Markus picked Kit up the little girl noticed the weird princess lady doing another weird thing, "Markoo, what's happening to her?"
                                                                        Markus turned to see the crazy person hyperventilating. Great, was this a part of her ploy to distract them? She had flopped on to a bench now, playing sick or something. Markus scanned the surroundings again, and didn't see anything different, which meant they still had time to get away. However when he tried to sneak away Kit started complaining, "Noooo! She's dying, she's dying! Call 911! We can't leave her!" If she wasn't holding both their yogurts, Markus had a feeling she'd be pulling his hair.
                                                                        "God damnit! No, we have to go, I'm sure she's fine. She's just a crazy person." Markus growled, but the struggling worm in his arms made it almost impossible to walk.
                                                                        "Stop wearing such ugly outfits!" The lady cried, stopping the struggle with its suddenness. "See? She's okay." Kit looked down at her outfit and frowned. Great, added expense for him. "See what you did? You made her feel bad!" Markus barked at Crazy Lady. "As soon as we get back I'll wash your dress again. You'll be able to wear it tomorrow. You know what? I can probably turn one of my shirts in to something for you, too." Markus said in his weird grumpy-face-but-soft-aura thing he had. It wouldn't be hard to find a needle and thread, and it would be so much cheaper to buy a thread and needle than it would to buy her a new wardrobe.

"I don't know what you're trying to do, lady, but you should really get some help or something." Markus grumbled before he turned to walk away. He paused, "Maybe cut down on soda. That stuff really messes you up." At that he shot a glance at Kit, who glared right back at him.

company: Kit and Asrtrid xxxlocation: The Park
                                                                        mood: Irritated xxxthoughts: Whaaat the hell, man? xxx health: 100%, 100%

Sinuous Goat

37,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Astrid leant forwards on her bench seat, shutting her eyes and rubbing her temples, fighting back tears. She wasn’t going to cry here, not in public, because the last thing she wanted was some shitty blog posting a headline like Silverstone heir not so stony after all and then having to deal with the repercussions. The kidnapper yelling back at her, though, didn’t help. She snapped her eyes open again, standing up and clenching her hands into fists. She made the girl – well, she assumed it was a girl due to the female pronouns he used – feel bad? What kind of language was that? Like kidnapping a child wouldn’t have a negative effect on it. She was almost certain she heard him say that he would wash the girl’s dress – in singular form. What girl had only one dress? Was she one of those tomboys? Probably, given the way she was dressed; well, the way he was dressing her. He was turning to depart now, though, and she was unaffected by his last words. She was used to that kind of talk; she said to herself often enough.

Maybe she didn’t need to now, though; not if her powers were gone. Gone, though . . . now that there was the prospect of never having her abilities again, she desperately wanted them. She wanted to be able to talk her way out of a situation, so that she could violence out of the equation, and – how could she forget? – she wanted to make snow and have little snowballs that she could play with. How could she ever have wanted to go without them? It left her an outcast, of course, but it also meant that she was special; that she wasn’t just another rich girl sitting around doing nothing, she could do things – terrible things that she could never speak about, not to anyone ever, because it would be a disaster. Still . . . snow would be nice. Snow. Snow, as in the little bits of white that were dropping from the sky, settling on her clothing and her hair and the ground. Astrid stared dumbfounded at the snow swirling not only around her, but reaching across to cover half the park in the white substance. Lips parted in unspoken surprise, she stared up at the sky, and sure enough, snow was forming just above the treeline, and she could sense her own temperature dropping, in addition to that of the area around her.

Astrid was too shocked to do much of anything, her mind reeling from the snaps between having powers and then none and then powers again. One thing that did catch her attention was a boy, no older than eleven, emitting a high-pitched shrieking noise (she thought it vaguely resembled the word ‘snow’, but couldn’t be sure) and dove straight at a small pile of snow that was already forming. Without a second thought, she snapped, Shut up.” The boy nodded, smiling as though this was clearly the best thing for him, happily trying to make a snowball out of the pitiful amount of snow he’d managed to gather. This further confused Astrid, until it clicked; she was right before when she thought it was that man’s goddamn fault. Entirely too smugly, she glanced in the direction of the man and his stolen child. While snow fell across most of the park, nothing was forming around them. It was like they were in a little bubble of no snow, unaffected by her; that would explain why she couldn’t push him. Was it him or the child, though? She couldn’t know. She didn’t need to – she wasn’t the only one with abilities. She wasn’t the only freak in town.

Failing to remember that if she didn’t actually call off the snow it would only grow in strength, Astrid strode over to the couple, eventually stepping inside their little bubble. The effect was almost instantaneous; the snow stopped forming at the treeline, but the snow that was already created still fell the ground, though was melting quickly now that she wasn’t reducing the area’s temperature. “So,” she said, her hands on her hips, “I’m feeling we should talk somewhere that’s not public.” She tried to keep her expression somewhat neutral, but she was giddy with the discovery that not only might she have found someone who could completely block her abilities – and not permanently! – but someone else with abilities in the first place. She wasn’t alone! There was, of course, the minor hiccup that this person had kidnapped a child, but maybe if she isolated which one of them was cancelling out abilities she could push the other into explaining the situation.

Turning to the child now, she knelt down and spoke in a stern tone that didn’t match her words. “I totally can’t believe you’ve got one dress and you’re wearing that. You need to go shopping. Like, now. I have a credit card. I’m thinking some Dolce, maaaybe Cavalli; obviously I don’t know what their kids’ clothing looks like right now.” Astrid frowned, looking her over. “Yeah, that should do for now. Also shoes. I don’t like your shoes. Burberry might have something,” she mused. Astrid turned this over in her mind for a moment, considering how quickly she could get the girl’s measurements to her personal shopper. Only a few moments later, though, she remembered her original plan. “Oh! Anyway, sorry for yelling at you before. I didn’t know you were . . .” She made a circling gesture with her hand, unable to think of an appropriate word. “So are we going somewhere with some actual class or are we wearing more bad outfits and ignoring decent food?” Astrid eyed the yoghurt in the child’s hand, before flicking her eyes back to the man, her face expectant and probably more than a little impatient.

( l o c a t i o n ) park!
                                                        ( c o m p a n y ) markus + kit!
                                                        ( p o w e r s ) snow and pushing actually work! o/
                                                        ( o u t f i t ) park things!

Hyper Kitty

13,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

SherlockYOU WILL BLEED FOR WHAT YOUR HANDS HAVE DONE ;; YOU WILL BLEED FOR WHAT YOUR HANDS HAVE DONE
                                                  xxx
                                                  Y O U CAN'T OUTRUN YOUR ENDING
                                                  Y ◜O◞ U CAN'T OUT➧RUN YOUR END┊ING ENDING
                                                  Y ◜O◞ U CAN'T OUT➧RUN YOUR END┊ING END┊ING ENDING

It was hard to tell if Camile was truly excited. Maybe he was just nervous, she decided after giving him a once-over. Besides, she was pretty interested in Gen's reaction to her proposal. It was a good thing she'd decided to bring the elevator down, otherwise she might not have been hugging much else than her calves. Of course, Geneva stared her down, making it clear that she was going to make this a challenge. And that was alright with her. Cali laughed, sticking her own tongue out. "Just you wait, I'll make you look like Rapunzel." Surely that would be a workout in an of itself right? Cali could imagine it now: at the end of the day she'd be so damn tired, but she'd have some serious guns. She smiled at the thought.

And then Camile decided to finally jump into the conversation, only to say a phrase that made her jaw drop. "Cam! That's rud--" but she didn't get to finish before Geneva was buzzing around, filling up the room with her laughter. I think I missed something, she tried to follow her, getting dizzier with every loop. Still, she kept the pleasant expression on her face. If they were laughing it couldn't be a bad thing, right? She watched their exchange silently, waiting for them to fill her in. Camile started to look a little strange, like he was in pain. It took her a moment to understand why.

Oh, his powers--and Gen--oh I need to-- she got ready to speak up and let the girl know that she needed to tone it down a bit, but all that was forgotten when she felt Camille's body stumble into her. His hand was gripping her chest, and her cheeks felt warm, surely turning toward a noticeable shade of pink. It's okay. He just did it on accident, she told herself. Although that didn't really help her feel any less embarrassed about it. Camile was still struggling to get his words out, and her mind was still focused entirely too much on the sensation of being groped. "Gen, he has like super hearing," she blurted, unable to really explain more than that at the moment. "I think your abilities are making him dizzy," she said after a moment, feeling a bit dizzy herself. Still, she made no move to move his hand or otherwise let him know that she was acutely aware of his actions. When he finally let go and started fumbling with his music player she tried to look nonchalant about crossing her arms over her chest. She played it off like nothing had happened, which was probably for the best.

She understood most of what Gen said. Except maybe bottling blood was a strange image. Sound like something a certain someone would do--she glanced at Hex. Don't make eye contact. He can sense that! she quickly turned her attention back to her friends. "Well I'm glad I was of service," she laughed. Before she could ask about how they knew each other she heard Ann clear her throat and demand their attention.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I see most of us are here, so I'll go ahead and start. I'm sure you all can guess you were called here because we have a mission," she motioned to a large screen on the far wall, images of the town appeared as another agent typed away on keyboard. "In four days New Haven will be having a festival to celebrate the town's 100 birthday. Informants, tell us that there will be an attack made on the mayor." Ann looked around the room, looking into everyone's eyes. "We will not let that happen."

The screen changed again, this time showing a picture of the man himself. He was a relatively short, pudgy man with a kind face. "Team one: Blake," she looked at the man, "Alexzander, Callan, Moira, and myself will be actively looking for the enemy. Let's take them out before anyone can get hurt, and let's do it quietly. Moira, I want you to be reading the crowd with your ability, see if anyone comes off as a threat." She motioned to the screen again, this time it showed flyers and people preparing for the grand event. "The local news will be covering the event, so it is imperative that everyone be discrete when using their abilities."

Ann looked at the rest of the group now. "Team two: Geneva, Camile, Soren, Cali, and Eitohle, you will be in charge of protecting the mayor. Camile, stick close to the mayor. If Team One fails it's your job to make sure the mayor is safe, and use that hearing of yours. Don't just rely on sight alone. Eitohle, try to look ahead for us. If you see anything that might be helpful send one of the others to relay it to Team One. Watch the crowd, keep things in order. We don't know how or when these people will attack, but we have to be ready for anything. That being said, I want everyone to keep their skills sharp, so hit the ESB practice rooms and get some training in today. Team One, your leaders are Blake and myself; team Two, Soren and Eitohle. You see anything important you report it to your leaders. Use your best judgment." The screen flickered off. "Dismissed."

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Now that they had their instructions, Cali turned to look at Geneva and Camile. "Hey, we didn't get put on team Shadow Walker," she whispered with a grin. "Would've been nice to snap a good picture of him on the job though," she mused to herself as she thought about her card collection. Of course, she said this quietly, knowing that Hex was in the room and if he knew about their little trading game they might all be dead before they could blink. After some thought she gave them a shy smile, sensing that they might want some time to themselves. "I'll uh... see you guys in the practice room later, yeah?"

She had an appointment with one very special doc today. The first thing she did was run back to the main building and duck into the cafeteria to grab a bagel so she could re-energize. She took her time walking to the Science Center, and finished her food just as she walked in and headed to the front desk of the health center. The lady behind the desk looked up with a pleasant smile. "Hello, I'm here to see Doctor Janel." They waved her in, and she made her way through the single door in the back. No one bothered to help her find the office; they knew she'd been here long enough to know the way by heart. She knocked on the door before popping her head into view. "I'm here~," she announced, standing in the doorway for only a moment as Janel looked up from her paperwork, and then making her way over. "It's pretty empty in here again," she looked around, and then took in the doctor's tired appearance. "No sleep again? One of these days I'm going to give you a complete facial. I've got a cream that will do wonders for your complexion," she said with a wink. It was hard to imagine Janel letting her do this, but she could hope. And like with Geneva, she didn't mind a challenge.

ғιɴd мe: OCC wιтн :Geneva, Camile, Moira, and the others / Dr. Janel тнιɴĸιɴɢ: Ready for testing! ғeelιɴɢ: Cheerful, Excited

I WILLxxNOT BENDxx UNTIL xx I BREAK XXXX ♑` █ ████ █ █
                                                  SHERLO THIS xxxx ISN'T xxxx MY xxxx IDENTITY ▬▬ ▬ ☆☆- THIS xxxx ISN'T xxxx MY xxxx IDENTITY

Ubebae's Darling

Romantic Cultist

18,175 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

It was a fine day to be in Japan. There was a sweet breeze in the air, people were out spending time with family, the clouds were dotted across the sky just enough to keep the sun from being overbearing, in all, it was a beautiful day to be out. Luciria had come back to Japan for a few days, being in America got to be too much sometimes; but of course she knew she had to leave Japan eventually. Outfitted in her heavy blue jacket she rode down the street on her bike, peddling slowly as she took in the scene around her, her skit blowing with the wind as her wheels made soft squeaking sounds. Her headphones were on, a familiar song playing.
                                                      "It happened at around 12:30 pm on August 15. The weather was nice." she sang, humming along to the beat as she weaved in and out of people, "Showered in sunlight bright enough to make me feel ill, I, having nothing to do, was chattering with you." she continued, translating the Japanese flawlessly. It was an old song, she could never remember where she had discovered it, but it was one of her favorites. " 'But I think I kinda hate summer.' While caressing a cat, you muttered brazenly," she voiced, peddling a bit faster as the beat picked up, her eyes trained a downward incline that lead into an water canal. It only filled up when it rained, and with the dry weather they were having, it was dry to the bone.

There was a slight clicking sound from her feet, the panels of her ankles opening up to allow her thursters to activate, gas being fed in through the tubing of her lower half.
                                                      "Ah, chasing after your runaway cat, you found yourself plunged before a red traffic light." the words had her blood pumping, her right eye glowing green for a moment as she analyzed the angle of her fall and the speed she would need to go downhill without damaging her tires. "A passing truck suddenly ran you over and drove away, while I screamed. I began sobbing at the color of splashed blood mixed with your scent. " the lyrics continued, Luciria blasted herself down the slope, her grazing the ground a bit to keep her bike from going into a nose dive. "The heat haze was sneering at me, reminding me that it wasn't a joke. I blacked out at the cicadas' noises that were disturbing the surface of the summer lake." She crossed the flat ground in a matter of seconds, her thrusters pushing her forward towards the uphill climb. She wasn't even peddling anymore, the boosters were doing all the work, all she had to do was make sure she didn't fall forward and eat asphalt. "When I came back to my senses in a bed, I hear the echoing sound of a clock's hands. ". Her front tire picked up and went with the momentum, Luci kicking up the thrust as they were at this upward angle; she caught air about five seconds later, she and her bike going up like some BMX Games.

This child play continued until she was all out of gas, the sun was coming down at this point, and she was out of breath. Tired, but happy. There weren't many days where she could just play around and do as she pleased, of course her little bike ride performance had a few spectators, but it was Japan, such things were not uncommon in this day an age, most probably just assumed she was some kid trying out her new invention or a Gifted horse playing. She sat down on the flat ground, one leg folded over the other as she took out her phone; one new text. She wiped some sweat from her face and closed her right right, opening up the her inbox through the system in there. It was from Eden, requesting that she report to the society by tomorrow. She took one look at the sky, opening up her right eye, and then closing it again, opening it again, and then closing it.
                                                      "Be-...Be at Eden by tomorrow!? Tomorrow!? Gah! Dammit! she grumbled, quickly picking up her bike and placing the bottom of the frame on her shoulder so she could carry it, struggling to climb out of the water canal. Her legs felt wobbly, which was to be expected from using her rockets for a long period of time, causing a bit of hindrance as she got back to street level.

Dubois was calling her in for a mission. It was a call she always answered, unless she were preoccupied with her own FBI work. But for the most part when she was summoned, she came, and she did the work he asked of her. They had a peculiar relationship, Luciria was never really one to look into how the Gifted were at Eden, she just did the work Dubois asked of her and that was it. The work usually consisted of keeping the bad things about Eden out of the media, helping them with their security system, but a bigger part to her job was letting Dubois know when the feds were watching him, and what America was doing with their Gifted. The whole reason why she signed on with Dubois was so that she would have the man power to take back her pink haired sister. Dubois never asked her to do anything beyond her technological field, so the partnership between them was easy to uphold on Luci's end. In no time she was on a plane bound for California, and about eleven hours later she was there. She dislike the place, it was so dirty, the people were rude, the air had that weird smog in it; she just didn't like America in general. She caught a cab, and eventually made it to the Eden Institute. She had to go through a number of channels to actually get on the property, she must have showed her ID about fifty times, had her backpack searched who knows how many times, and had herself walk through a few metal detectors that automatically went off when she walked through. But somehow, by some stroke of luck she managed to get to the OCC; unfortunately for her, as she slipped into the room she realized she missed pretty much everything.
                                                      "Ugh. I gotta ask one of them what the other chick said, " with this she scanned the room, noticing the Seer and Shadow Walker right off the bat. Luci had dug through the files of everyone at Eden, well, everyone she could find files on, and those two were some of the oldest in the entire institute if she remember correctly. But, she also remembered that the Shadow Walker dude wasn't a very pleasant guy, although she did recall the Seer being alright.

"Uhhh.." she voiced aloud, letting her eyes rest on a the male who looked like he had just had some kind of epiphany and his dark skinned companion. Choices, choices, choices. She groaned inwardly, she didn't mind walking over to the Gifted and asking them what the mission was about, but she was never really supposed to converse with them in the first place. Her job was just the technological stuff, she was never meant to befriend any of them, although if she did, they would definitely have a wild time. "Ah to hell with this, c'mere baby, " she grumbled, walking over to the screen and feeling around the edges until she found a USB port. When she did she simply popped off the top of the ring finger on her right hand, a USB drive being revealed as she did so, and in a moment she just slid it right on it. Her right eye shut tight as she logged into the system and viewed what had just been previously seen moment before. She got a small gist of what was going on, but she would still need someone to explain it to her. "Great. " she voiced, removing her finger from the slot and covering it back with the top piece. She glanced around the room again, now she really would have to go be a social butterfly and talk to someone to figure out what the mission was.

" "
                                                      " "

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: OCC Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: People Weαpoɴ/Gadget: N/A Aттιre: ====
                                                      Tнoυɢнтѕ: Derp de derp. Which one can tell me about the mission... αɴd Feelιɴɢ: Calm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Suwosa's Husbando

Fiendish Comrade

User ImageUser ImageX
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

{ Camile didn’t know what to expect, but it certainly wasn’t seeing the girl suddenly propel up into the air and then start zipping around him. And yet, as he saw it happening, all he saw was Geneva. His Geneva. These were her actions, he could see tell even though he never saw her until this moment. This was his Ausie pen pal he confided with on everything. That was her smile, and her laugh. It was infectious enough to get his lives curving up into an ear to ear grin as well. When she “landed” in front of him, it took all of his will to keep himself from reaching out and throwing his arms around her. She beat him to it though, but not before slugging him good in the arm. Damn she had a hell of a right hook. He had to rub the spot where she hit him for a moment, suppressing the urge to wince. Before he knew what was happening, he was pulled in by his scarf into a tight embrace, which shook him from his head to his toes. Literally. It felt like he was dead center in the middle of a tremor. If he was a cell phone, this was probably what it was like to be on the highest vibration setting. The buzzing exploded in his head and forced his eyes shut. What was more disorienting was the humming noise he heard Geneva give off. Now that he was pressed up against her it was higher, and much faster, and ringing through his ears. Combined with his music it felt like an acid trip to his hearing. When he held onto her it was partially an embrace with his friend, and partially to keep himself from collapsing. The clincher was when she let out a “G’day b*****d!” He heard the same high vibrating pitch in her voice, though it came him like a concentrated shot to this head.

When she finally let him go it was like a great pressure lifted from his body, though he was still shaking like crazy.He thought he was going to heave his whole stomach out his mouth. His legs started to give out, but forced himself to stay on his feet, stumbling a bit as he blindly reached for something to steady himself. That something he ended up grabbing onto was soft and warm. He opened his eyes and found his face buried in a forest of deliciously scented green hair. Cali's hair. He his arms were wrapped hard around her as he hugged her from the side. Already he felt his face started to burn up, probably looking like a ripe tomato. His gaze shifted to Geneva, who he saw pointing at him as she continued to talk at him, her words and pitch in her voice still hitting his ears with the same effect as her previous “g’day b*****d”. “G-Gen… Gen…” He finally released a hand from Cali, holding it out as he tried to get in a word for his old friend stop talking a moment. Unfortunately the pressure of her voice mentally drowned him out, and kept him from getting his voice loud enough for her to hear. In the end he just fumbled into his pocket for his phone. He bumped up his music’s volume to its max and let out a sigh of relief as her voice became toned out. When he looked over to her he saw she had already finished speaking, and his intervention was no longer needed. But then she grabbed his face and he thought it might have melted right on the spot. “Gennnniieeee-“ he tried to protest again, but she at least didn’t hold onto him for too long, taking off around the room once again after she let him go. He just rubbed his jaw while he watched her, trying to shaking off the numbing feeling. To be sure he was just as pleased and excited to see his old friend, but he never imagined in his wildest dreams that their first hug and words exchanged would be so physically taxing… or that it would be here of all places. The thought brought a frown to his face. She was here in Eden, same as him. That meant they got to her as well.

Several questions started to form in his mind. Again he almost didn’t hear Cali voice her thanks about reuniting him and Geneva, just barely catching the words on her lips. He just smiled at her and nodded, mouthing a “thank you” for the act, but his smile dropped as he went back to his thoughts. Before he got a chance to wait for Geneva to settle down so he could start speaking what’s on his mind, Cali tapped his shoulder. She pointed over to Annabelle, and he saw the short blonde’s mouth moving and all attention from everyone in the room going to her and the large screen on the wall. The briefing was officially starting. He adjusted the volume to his music once more, until he could hear her voice leaking through. “In four days, New Haven will be having a Festival to celebrate the Town’s 100 birthday.” That was a long time for a place called “New Haven” to be standing. What grabbed his attention though was what she said next. “Informants tell us there will be an attack on the mayor. We will not let that happen.” This was the real deal. Camile felt nothing at those words, or when he saw their mark’s face appeared on screen. They’d be playing bodyguard to some small town official he never he even heard of. He couldn’t help but wonder why someone who was small time like that would even need Gifted on their security detail.

Annabelle went on to say they would be split into two teams. She listed off the names of those on Team One, none of which he knew or really meant anything to him. Their job would be to actively scan the crowd during the Festival, and personally take care of any potential threats. Annabelle cited someone named Moira, specifically, saying her gift would be needed to “read” the crowd and see if anyone came off as threatening. Camile’s eyes went to the happy-looking blonde for the first time since she came into the room. He wondered what her powers were, as well as those of the others that would be part of the mission. He only knew about his own and Cali’s abilities, and just recently got a firsthand taste of Geneva’s super vibrating, or whatever it was. They were told that they would have to be discrete in using their abilities, what with the media coverage that would come at the festival. Sure, say that and send someone who can shoot electricity out of her fingers. That’s discreet. He let his eyes fall on the back of Cali’s head, inwardly chuckling at the thought. If Eden didn’t want the world knowing about them, then why were they going in the first place? “Orders were orders,” he heard his instructors’ voices answering in his head. He wasn’t supposed to ask, just do as he was told. Nuts to that.

Camile’s attention was sparked when Annabelle listed off the members of Team Two, his ears perking when he heard his name announced. He was part of the team that would be protecting the mark. He gulped a bit as she even went so far as to give him specific instructions. “Stick close to the mayor. If Team One fails, it’s your job to make sure the mayor is safe, and use that hearing of yours. Don’t just rely on sight alone.” Okay he would give them that, using the guy who can make force fields act as a human shield. But did they read up on his hearing ability? He had no control of what came in. He heard everything, which had its advantages, but he could barely filter through all the noise and focus on a single or particular sound. He was trying to get better at it. Cali had been giving him private lessons and helping with this issue for the past month. He was learning, but nowhere near close to perfecting this. The only way he saw himself being able to use his hearing effectively is if they let him use those hearing aids they made him put on during firearms training. That was what they were probably going to do.

Annabelle quickly concluded things by telling them to spend time preparing for the mission. To Camile it felt like that’s what he spent the past month doing. His body felt ready and up to the task, but his mind was still far from into it. At least he’d be following instructions from someone else, in this case Rainbow Girl, or Eitohle as the handler called her, as well as taking instructions from someone named Sorren. It seemed Shark Boy would be taking on leadership role as well. The odd looking pair was actually a pair of figureheads. Who knew? He certainly wouldn’t have guessed. Once the briefing ended, he turned his attention to Cali as she whispered to him and Geneva. “At least we didn’t get put into the same team as the Shadow Walker.” That puzzled him hard. He heard the name in hushed whispers, and even from some of the youngest members of the institute as the subject of a schoolyard nursery rhyme. They all said the same thing: “Don’t do X or say Y, or else the Shadow Walker will get you.” From what Cali was saying, this boogeyman was apparently part of the mission they’d be going on, and someone on Team Two. Immediately his eyes went over to Shark Boy. If anyone gave off the vibe of a Shadow Walker, it was that man. He looked away, less the male looked over and happened to catch him staring.

Camile tilted his head a bit and raised his brow as Cali awkwardly excused herself from them. “I’ll uh…see you guys in the practice room later, yeah?” What was wrong with her? Before he could say anything she was out the door. He scratched his head a bit but shrugged before turning his attention to Geneva. Like Cali said, they could catch up later. He'd see if she was alright then. Right now his attention was on his best friend in the world. He used to think a lot before about what he would say to her when they first met, often reciting little pretend conversations between the two of them when he was in the privacy of his room. But now that they were standing before each other almost face to face, he found himself at a loss for words. His shyness slowly crept up on him and kept him from uttering a sound, and so he just stared awkwardly at the Aussie for a good while. He could hear the hum of her body now lowered, as opposed to what it was before. Maybe it was safe to touch her. With that thought in mind, he suddenly stepped forward and brought his arms around her, allowing himself to properly reciprocate her previous well-intended actions. This time as they made contact he only felt a light tingling sensation reverberate throughout his body, like the light buzz of a cell phone going off in his pocket. “… I thought you were dead,” he whispered after finally removing himself from her, allowing himself to look her up and down. “You’re definitely everything I pictured you looking like.” That probably came out sounding weird, but it was true. It was still strange to see her alive and in the flesh, especially after a month ago when he thought a fate far worse than if death had befallen her. Of course, things could be just as bad, now that he knew they were both stuck in Eden. “So, we’re both gifted,” he said quietly, getting the obvious into the air and out of the way. “How did you get here?” They certainly had a lot of catching up to do, and he wondered if they should take it somewhere else. But he would just follow her lead, whether she decided they could keep talking here or take off. Whatever she picked he wasn’t going to leave her right now, not until he heard about what happened to her.

ғιɴd мe: OCC wιтн: Annabelle, Geneva, Cali, Eitohle, Shark Boy, Moira, Luci? wнιle тнιɴĸιɴɢ: It's really her. Holy s**t... ғeelιɴɢ: Nostalgic, Anxious, Nervous
                                                                xx xx S O M E - T I M E S x I x H E A R x Y O U -
                                                                C A L L I N G,
                                                                TELLINGMETHATI'MAFOOL
                                                                xx x ██ xx ██ xx ██ xx ██ xx

Watson Your M i n dWell I can dream ! are can dream !
                                                                That we'll see brighter day ; ; Well I can d r e a m !WatsonYourMind

Sherlock Homeslice

Eternity in Moonlight

Chakolati

Emmeren

Quote:

Planet Kingsley 's Significant Otter

Shy Fairy

User Image
THE PROTECTOR xxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTOR xxxx THE PROTECTORxxxx THE PROTECTOR
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ● xxx ● ● ● ● ●
THOSE . MMENTS THAT MAY FEEL LIKE //NOTHING*
xxxx░░░x ░░░x ░░░xxx ARE T.REASURESWORTH MORE THANJEWELS . XX
LET THIS MOMENT BEE N V E L O P E DIN SOFT SUNLIGHT!
and be protected always xxx and be protected always xxx and be protected always xxx and be protected always
and be protected always xxx and be protected always xxx and be protected always xxx and be protected always

LOCATION⋮ occ* xx WITH⋮ people* xx FEELING⋮ chipper* xx OUTFIT⋮ o1*

User ImageUser Image

Waiting was the death of Moira. She hated it like nothing else. It was a boring waste of time, and she would much rather be somewhere else doing something exciting. Unfortunately, when one is waiting, they're generally confined to the thing they're waiting for. I shouldn't have gotten here so soon, she thought as she punched on the keys of her phone. At this point, she wasn't actually texting anyone. Instead, Moira was simply pressing buttons to look preoccupied. I need to make more friends, she decided as she locked the screen. After securing the delicate device in a hidden pocket, Moira gazed around the room.

They landed upon the group once again. The three seemed excited about something. Whatever it is, they're really happy about it, she thought as she cracked a smile. While being an empath was difficult from time to time, picking up on positive emotions always made it worth it. Those emotions flowed through her, and she felt her attitude pick up significantly. Her eyes fell on Eithole and Hex next. A slight chill went down her spine. She didn't mind Eithole, and once upon a time, Hex hadn't bothered her. It was only after her friends had pressured her to name her snake after him did she begin to grow weary. "It's not like he can read minds!" they said. "You'll be fine!" they said, Moira mocked as she turned towards Annabelle.

Search and destroy, huh? Perfect. It had been a while since Moira did a combat mission, and she could feel it. Although her movements were just as fluid as before, she felt she was losing her edge. Her birds were growing soft as well, and without them, she lacked offensive and defensive strategies that allowed her to be deadly on the battlefield. Hopefully they'll fare well. If not... well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pack a few extra knives, she considered as she rose from her spot. With a back-up plan in store, she felt confident in her physical abilities. Now it came time for the mental ones. Moira felt she was getting better at filtering through emotions, but it needed to work. Singling her out had also put a fair amount of pressure on her shoulders. No time like the present, she thought as she began sifting through the emotions of the room.

There was a fair amount of happiness, some anxiety, and a slight amount of disgruntled (which she easily felt coming from Hex.) Before she could dig any deeper, a new emotion came over her. Someone needed something. Moira gazed around until her eyes fell upon a new character: a blue-haired woman that had managed to slip in without being noticed, it seemed. Although the woman looked familiar, Moira couldn't put her finger on where she had seen her before. It's probably not important, she thought as she began making her way in the lady's direction.

Moira was never one to leave someone in need, regardless of how small that need may be. Hopefully the lady wouldn't think of her as nosy. "Hi," Moira said innocently as she smiled at the woman. "You look like you need something. Think I could help?" she inquired as she held her hands behind her back. Moira hoped her display didn't look too obnoxious. She was never sure how to approach people. Some liked the super sweet, completely approachable attitude. Others didn't. It seemed that no amount of empath training could help her tell the difference. Oh well. The worst she can do is give me a weird look and tell me she's fine.

Celestial Blackrose

Chakolati

Planet Kingsley 's Significant Otter

Shy Fairy

User Image
            User Image

"P-please don't! Just let me go, I promise I won't tell! the feeble little voice cried out. With moist, frightened eyes, the shell of a woman looked up at Julian. He gazed back down at her without the slightest hint of emotion. His grey-blue eyes met her's, and for a moment, he was overcome with emotion. She looks just like her, he realized as he pressed the needle into her skin. When the light began to fade from her eyes, he knew it had only been his imagination. It was always like this. Every time he had to terminate a subject, they always looked like his beloved for a fleeting moment. I suppose everyone looks the same before they die. Terrified and full of hatred, he considered as he removed the latex gloves from his hands. How many lives had he taken in this year alone? Without looking at the subject file, Julian couldn't remember. It was too numerous to count. Too numerous to keep up with....

Sighing, he turned away from the corpse and began to make his way out of the operating room. Upon exiting, he was handed the subject file. It was a simple, sandy-colored folder with 'CONFIDENTIAL' stamped across the top. Like it's predecessors, it was a thin. When was the last time he had made progress? Much like his subject count, he couldn't remember. It had been a slow year, and he feared Dubois would grow impatient with him soon. It's not like there's anyone else around to replace me, Julian thought grimly as he opened the file. Inside, a picture of his latest victim greeted him. 'TERMINATED' was stamped across the rest of the page in bright red letters. ""Subject 75," he murmured as he closed the document once again.

She had been a particularly weak gifted. It was only a matter of time before she would have been terminated anyway. At first, the prospect of looking into what was probably the weakest subject yet excited Julian. Of course, as the experiments grew more gruesome, he began to lose interest. "If she had been stronger, we probably could have gotten more research done," his coworker commented as Cleaners moved in to dispose of the corpse. Julian did not reply. Instead, he tucked away file and left the lab.

It was bright outside. The atmosphere reminded him fondly of his childhood. He hated it. Why couldn't it rain all the time? Forget rain, Julian would settle on it simply being cloudly. As long as it was gloomy, he was content. On days like this, though, anger and regret filled his soul. Swiftly, he made his way across the institute's grounds. He soon became aware of the two guards that had fallen in behind him, but he did not slow down. They were accustomed to speeding across the institute in their clunky armor. Luckily, it was only a very short walk to the health center. If it hadn't been for the much-needed breath of fresh air, Julian wouldn't have left the building at all. Either way, he made it into the center unscathed.

As usual, all eyes fell on him. They knew that whenever he himself came into the building, there was nothing to be delivered but bad news. "Is Janel in?" he asked the receptionist. She nodded and directed him to the doctor's office. Julian pulled away and made his way in that direction. Without even bothering to knock, he entered his lovely "coworker"'s office and set the file down on her desk. "Cause of death: adverse reaction to penicillin," he said pointedly as he took a seat. "If anyone asks, no, it wasn't on her record that she was allergic to it."

Just in case someone came poking around, Julian was told to deliver subject files to the head doctor. It was up to her to sign off on the autopsy report since it would seem a little suspicious for a scientist to do so. To save her the trouble of coming up with plausible causes of death, Julian had begun doing so. Of course, she was more than welcome to decide it for herself, but it felt nice to pitch in just a little. He knew she was as busy as he, if not more, and hated putting more work on her than needed. A voice in the back of his head always told him to stop being so nice, though.

Julian was aware of her feelings towards him. They didn't sit well with him, but he simply bit his tongue and beared it. Everyone had their own opinion, and no amount of extra work would change them. If anything, he feared it would only make things worse, and he didn't want that. Though he knew Janel didn't favor him, he did enjoy her company from time to time. He could relate to her somewhat, and that brought him a small bit of comfort. Her appearance also reminded him of his mother, but he pushed that thought from his mind. She was one of the last people he wanted to think about.

Unlike previous visits, Julian didn't immediately jump from his seat and make his way back to the lab. He was tired, and it was strangely quiet in the infirmary. If it had been his office, Julian believed he could have dozed off on the spot. He didn't, though. Instead, he stared at a poster on the wall and sighed. "Do you ever get tired of being so busy all the time?" he inquired. Generally, Julian wasn't one to initiate conversation, but the past few days had left him in a particularly lonely state. It was always like this when a subject's expiration date drew near. He felt he was growing more numb to it, though. Instead of sticking around and chatting with coworkers, he found himself immediately dropping off files and then heading to his apartment. This wasn't one of those days, though. Must be the weather.

After sitting for a few minutes, he rose and brushed his clothes down. "Well, I know you're busy. I'll get out of your hair now. If you have any questions about the subject, you know how to reach me," he said as left the room. As he made way for the building's exit, he passed by Cali. Her hair had always been a spectacle to him, and he wondered how much dye she went through in a year. If it makes her happy, I guess it doesn't matter, Julian thought as he left the health center.

With nothing else to do, Julian headed to the cafeteria and bought a coffee. With his black coffee in hand, he then went back to the public sector of the research center. Here, he made himself comfortable and began compiling the necessary information on Subject 75. Unlike his coworker, his paperwork load wasn't quite so heavy. Despite it being a public office, he also didn't have to worry about students dropping by. Of course, every now and again, one would stop by, but for the most part, Julian was left alone. He sighed and took a sip of his coffee. Much like him, it was bitter. "I need to get a hobby," he murmured as he began on his work.

Holly.Oreo.Whore
              location // his office xxx with // no one xxx feeling // exhausted and a little lonely xxx ooc // edited. sorry for the weird timeline. I'm dumb.

Prodigal Inquisitor

14,675 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
User ImageUser Image

X
                            SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD ;; SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOLD ;;
                            BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER ME, REMEMBER FOR CENTURIES
                            XXXXX ( JUST ONE MISTAKE IS ALL IT WILL TAKE
                            XXXXX♔ ❛ ( WE'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORY
                            XXXXX*REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯

The Aussie had been off the walls for a solid minute, so much so that she hadn't noticed Camile's struggle until she saw the poor thing stumble into Cali and grab a handful of ripe breast. Geneva had stopped so abruptly that one would think she was the one being accidentally groped. A vein of envy shot through her with such intensity that she was legitimately surprised at herself. Suddenly, Cali's words echoed in her mind; no wonder she'd been so scarce lately. She'd been spending all her time with Camile. Charming Cali and Cool Camile, training together, bonding, becoming close. Her red eyes settled on the pink tinting her friend's face and she slowly descended, suddenly irritated with her own position in the world. Geneva may have been an excellent inventor but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she didn't stand a chance. She didn't know what she expected, really; All it would take was for someone prettier and more charming to come along, and she'd be tossed aside. That was how things always went. There'd been no point holding onto those feelings for five-odd years, she told herself. Sure, she had no solid evidence that those two were an item, but with someone whose self-esteem was a rock bottom as hers, there wasn't a need for any. They probably would be in no time; he'd be hard-pressed to resist Cali's warm personality.

A dry smile forced itself onto her lips as she tried to look like she didn't really notice what had just happened, masking the irritation burning in her chest as her souring mood forced her to land. Still keenly aware that Eitohle was in the room, Geneva forced herself to think of something else. Anything to chase away the negativity and self-loathing bubbling up in her stomach. She was a big girl, and she put out scary vibes when she was upset. The last person she wanted to unnerve was Eitohle. Next to Camile, she sympathized with and cared deeply for the girl woman. Even though they didn't see each other as often as she saw, say, Cali, Geneva considered the two of them to be close. Regardless, her best efforts weren't doing much. She still heard the distinct dull hum of her own disappointment. This is no place to start having feelings, Gen. Get a hold'a yourself. The voice in her head was Anthony Hopkins this time, but even ol' Hopper couldn't get through to her. It took for Cali to mention Camile's ability for Geneva to snap to concern like a dry tree branch. Immediately, her feelings were internalized, like everything else. In the back of her head, she heard Anthony comment: That can't be healthy.

Super hearing? Well, on the base level, Geneva would've imagined it to be an utterly useless ability that served nothing but cause problems, until she actually thought about it. With super hearing, she could hear the minute workings of a machine, the delicate frequency of life, the fine-tuned hum of humanity. Her face creased into lines of worry as her shoulders slumped, suddenly feeling guilty. My dad would've loved that, The voice in her head was her own making that statement, as she retracted her hands to cover her mouth. Great. Her abilities had gone and hurt someone else. Immediately she dialed down her frequency to something that would be applicable for Camile. "I-I'm sorry, mate," she murmured, forcing her vocal chords to make her voice small, but her voice cracked. She kept her distance, afraid to touch him. It wasn't enough that she broke most things she touched, but her best friend had to have ears like a rabbit, and she went and damn near knocked the boy out the first time she met him.

Geneva typically played off her insecurities about her ability. It was alienating, being the person who always had to have plasticware, who had to bring their own equipment because they'd ruin most standard tech, who had to put Parkinson's stabilizers on most things she held so that she wouldn't ruin it. It really felt like everything she touched broke, and now that she'd hurt Camile, it was really beginning to get to her. She cast a nervous glance to Eitohle; had she accidentally hurt her, too? Geneva didn't say anything for a while, holding her arms awkwardly. Annabelle's voice proved to be the perfect thing to distract her. The problem shrunk away into a pebble and sunk into the lake of her mind; internalized again. Are you sure this is a good idea? Anthony's voice echoed.

Geneva had to try hard not to roll her eyes as Annabelle started relaying the details of the mission. It all just seemed like a big waste of time, really. Assassinating a mayor of a century-old town? Geneva didn't even know his name, and she was forced to live there. Burning an effigy of Ronald McDonald would yield more controversial results, she was certain. The only thing she could appreciate was that she was security detail, not offense. That gave her a chance to get in touch with her "source." She had no idea who her "source" was in person, but she had ideas of meeting a journalist there--hopefully. Someone that would be willing to listen to her and help her sharpen her sword to help defeat the Hydra that was Eden. It wasn't as simple as just spilling everything and hoping he went to the news with it. That would only be cutting off one head, and then two more would grow in its place. Geneva had tried cutting off a head once, years ago, and the result almost got her terminated. It took her months to work herself up from that point. But if she could get a noose around each neck, when the hanging time came, they'd all be lined up to chop off in one fell swoop. That's what Geneva was hoping for, at least. Her deplorable luck had a habit of steamrolling everything she'd loved before, so there was no guarantee that it wouldn't do the same this time, but she felt like she was onto something.

It had almost slipped her mind that she was on the same team as Camile, Cali, and Eitohle. Had the circumstances had been different, she would've been excited, but Geneva was certain that she'd probably be divvied up with Eitohle to leave Camile and Cali to her own devices, which was honestly the last thing Geneva wanted to think about at the moment. Regardless, it would be tragic Geneva deafened him on their first mission. From the looks of things, he was still getting a hold of his primary ability. Then again, she was with Eitohle. That had never been a bad thing. Once she got herself thinking negatively, it was hard to quit, but The Seer had a way about her that just made her...positive. She was still grateful for how she helped her pull herself together once she was brought to Eden. Eitohle's aid had saved her from being terminated, whether she knew it or not.

Gen was genuinely looking forward to be alone with Eitohle; she had lots of questions, and she'd written up some jokes that she knew would pull a laugh out of her. She felt her mood start to ease. The prospect of getting to spend time with her put Geneva in better spirits, and she was grateful, even if she felt like she was scaring her half the time. The small smile that had settled on Gen's face widened into a grin once Cali mentioned The Shadow Walker. It had been a running joke between them that they would eventually start up some kind of Hex Trading Card club, but the man was so elusive and deadly that they'd have better luck kissing a Black Mamba. Geneva chuckled, nudging Cali's arm with her elbow. "Maybe we could get 'im before the mission, when he's all gussied up, yeah?" she mused, albeit quietly, on account of both Camile and Hex. Before they could let Camile in on their inside joke, Cali excused herself, leaving the two of them alone. Geneva thoughtfully watched her walk out after returning her smile, and instinctively lifted her feet, dipping into a hover that kept her at her average height. She was currently in her Camile Setting, which kept her at a vibration and speaking volume mild enough for him to handle without being agitated. Geneva was proud that she could actually use her abilities to be accommodate for once, instead of constantly having to be accommodated.

Now it was their turn to be awkward. Geneva and Camile looked at each other for a long while, though Geneva had a faint, crooked grin on her face as she surveyed the boy, remembering every time she mistook some random civilian for him. Now that she knew what he looked like, all of her misidentifications over the years were just plain embarrassing to think about. She didn't touch him, though. Truth be told, she was still scared that even in her "powered-down setting," she'd harm him, but she didn't resist when he pulled her into a sudden hug that Geneva returned wholeheartedly. It took effort not to squeeze the air out of the boy with her muscles, but she let her feet touch the floor for him, which is something she rarely did when people hugged her while she was floating. Involuntarily, her eyebrows shot up in surprise when he told her he thought she was dead, though the rest of her face remained placid. The facial expression read, "Well, I'm not." In all honesty, she'd considered that he just thought she abandoned him before considering he'd really think she was dead. Then again, fighting for one's life every day made it easy to forget that there were people out there thinking you were dead while you were busy making sure you stayed alive. She didn't know how to respond to that, instead, choosing to remain silent and just let him talk. The next thing he said made her smile warmly as she casually slipped her hands into the pockets of her distressed and stained jeans. A chuckle scratched up her throat; she wasn't going to tell him how many people she mistakenly chased down, thinking it was him, who in retrospect looked the furthest thing from it. "I'm glad I didn't disappoint," she said, sticking her tongue out at him playfully. Maybe she'd tell him about her mishaps later, but not now.

With her feet on the ground, she could passively feel his vibrations as he spoke coming in through the soles of her sneakers. Well he isn't lying to you, Anthony stated plainly, highlighting the skill that she actively avoided using when she could. There wasn't a reason why she thought he would be lying to her, actually, but she had a way of reminding herself that even when she didn't want to be, she was intruding on things people wanted to keep hidden by just standing on her own two feet. Then, Camile brought up the topic of arriving at Eden, and Geneva's smile wrinkled. That had always been a hard topic for her, but she had more than that to tell him, and she wasn't going to do it in the OCC. "I'll tell yoos, mate, but we'll do it at th'Quay." She assured him, turning around and bobbing her head to the door so he could follow her out. The lake--or the "Quay," as she'd called it--was where she had most of her conversations. There was almost no surveillance there, and being around the water just had a calming effect on her.

It felt a little strange walking--she'd honestly gotten so used to levitating everywhere that walking always took some getting used to once she touched land. She figured that while they walked to the lake, she should start getting the declassified stuff out of the way. "I found out I was Gifted when I was seven. Just a li'l kiddiwink," she started, putting her hands up behind her head nonchalantly. "Figured out both of my abilities at th'same time, which is convenient, ah guess. When I got older I helped m'dad make machines. Ripper engineer, he was." She said the last part wistfully as they rounded the corner out of the OCC, walking along the side of the building. "We used th'machines to pull ourselves outta poverty. Somewhere along th'way, Eden starts stickin' their nose in things, dunno why; we never broke any laws. Came to the house while I was makin' yer scarf in the shed. I had just put it in the mail when I walked inside and saw they shot and cut up me whole family. I had a twin brother, but I couldn't recognize 'im when I walked in."

Geneva had mentioned her family's deaths with a startling lack of feeling to her voice. It was clear that she'd forced herself to be numb to it for her own sake; letting herself feel it like she felt other things would've made it impossible to function. Still, as she continued, bits of feeling leaked through. "My dad was alive, still, actually." she mumbled this, even though they were already leaving the OCC and its cameras behind, making their way along the stretch of pathway that led to the lake. "I tried to save 'im. I ran--" she stopped speaking and took a hard left, her stride slowing down as they neared the lake's pier. She kept her eyes trained on the lake, prepared to fight back any tears. "I panicked. I started teleporting--it hurt like hell; haven't been able t'do it since. They had ta knock me out with gas, an' I woke up here. Took 'em a month to get me to stop hollerin'..." She looked at Camile as she sat down at the edge of the pier, her untied shoelaces dangling above the lake's surface. Geneva patted the spot next to her so he could sit down. "I miss 'em. My family, I mean." She added quietly. For a while she was silent, waiting for any tears to form so she could fight them back, but it stopped at the familiar burning, the pounding in her forehead, and never went further.

Now that there weren't any guards around, she could say what she couldn't have said in the OCC. "I've got a group, and we're gonna get outta here, Cam. I just need a few more things to fall into place. We're gonna watch this place burn. Cali's helping me, and some others. I've got a man I'm s'posed to meet on yer birthday--the mission, he'll be our outside link. An' I've gotta give yoos the five years' of gifts I've bought that I keep under m'bed." The last part was able to get a smile out of her as she nudged his shoulder, grinning. It felt good to have five years of uncertainty validated in front of her. "I've gotta introduce yoos t'Eitohle, she's a gem. An' you can see m'gaming computer. That thing's a phenom." She laughed, remembering all the upgrades she'd put into it, and how many times she'd nearly blown the thing up trying to push its processors. It was designed to look identical to the one she used to have at home, the one she'd met Camile on. Of course, he wouldn't know that detail. Geneva looked him over again and smiled, ruffling his hair, and then feeling the scarf. The smile faltered, remembering how things were when she'd been making it, when she still had her family. "Sorry I didn't get to visit fer yer birthday, Chameleon. Ah know it's not much here, but there's things to do. Cali 'n I'll make sure yoos have a blast."

Geneva grinned again, pulling a lucky coin from her pocket. Her brother had given it to her, and even though the faces were rubbed off of it, she kept it. It was the only thing from home that she'd managed to hold onto, aside from the clothes on her back and the PTSD. "How'd yoos end up in 'ere, mate? Didja listen to some top-secret military plans and blab? The little'uns say yoos killed a man, but I'm sure ya didn't just do it fer shits 'n giggles. Ye never struck me as th'Hex type." She said this knowing that there was no nice way to ask someone how they ended up at Eden. Sure, not everyone's welcoming committee was as brutal as Genevas. A lot of the people there still had families to worry about and were just snatched up without having to deal with the looks on their parents' faces. She'd hoped Camile's transition was relatively painless...or as painless as it could be, considering.

мood Wistful, but happyXXXplace OCC >> LakeXXXwιтн CamileXXXтнoυɢнтѕ I still need to get this year's gift.

Hyper Kitty

13,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

▐°I FEEL S✘CK, WHEN THE EVIL [ G R O W S ]X TEACHING ME HOW THE KIL↳ING GOES

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x / / / / / / / / /x x x x x x x x x x / / / / / / / / /x x x x x x x x x x x / / / / / / / / /
XX EVERY NIGHTTHE DMONS SPEAK
XXTELLING ME TO ∝╬═KILL═→ THE WEAK❞▐
                                                ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ

He knew he was being watched from the moment he walked in. Many people in the Institute seemed fascinated with him.. sometimes not in the best of ways. He ignored the glimpses thrown his way, instead focusing on Eitohle's words in the hopes that she could provide some distraction from his current state. The way she reached out to touch him should have made him feel insulted. She was practically petting him like a dog. Had it been anyone else he surely would have snapped their arm in two before they even contemplated the thought, but for some reason he felt.. calm. Blake turned his eyes up to meet hers, and they softened just a bit. .. Why The question encompassed everything. Why didn't she fear him like the others, detest him... and why did keep allowing her these privileges?

"You did say that." There was no anger in his words, not much of anything. And then he listened to her go on, ranting in the efforts to excuse herself. Blake's lips turned up into a smirk, "And here I was thinking you were going to say you were alone because you didn't have any friends. In which case," he paused to resume a more serious expression, though he was still laughing on the inside, "You're still alone, Seer." He reached out to set his hand on her head gently, allowing himself only a few seconds of contact before bringing his hand back to his side. "I think I've already won that game," he noted as he caught Cali looking in his direction and she turned away immediately. "Perhaps cookies would have been an idea. Although I'm sure I could force someone to be your friend. Much faster. People can be surprisingly good actors when you threaten them enough." It was hard to tell if his proposal was really a joke.

Maybe because Hex rarely joked.

When he focused on her again he noticed she was sitting up straighter than before, her eyes seemed focused on something, and there was a stubborn tilt to her chin. Whatever she was thinking about had to be important to her. He just hoped it wasn't anything silly having to do with him.

"Well," he said as she voiced her concerns, "the mayor is a very private man. It seems logical that they would take this opportunity to strike. Although I think you're right about not being able to see anything..." Blake's eyebrows furrowed in thought. "They're getting smarter..." Sure, he looked forward to the challenge, but he knew that eventually they would get to be a pain if they knew how to catch them off guard. It would be more dangerous for them, not that it was really them he was worried about; Blake's only concern was the mission and himself. And Eitohle. Which was why his face twisted as if he'd tasted something sour when Ann announced the teams. "I don't like leaving you in their care," he voiced quietly. It was easy to see how she might twist that in her mind to mean that he was worried about her. But that wasn't it at all. I'm the most capable of keeping her safe. I don't trust them to watch her, he thought quietly, his eyes seemingly growing darker as he watched Ann.

Still, he wasn't about to make a big deal out of it. If they'd placed her in that group then maybe it was for the best. He couldn't be distracted by her while he was looking for his targets. It would be safer for her to be among the crowd, he convinced himself after some thought. By the time Ann was actually finished with her instructions he was feeling much better. A little rest had been all he really needed, although maybe grabbing some food would be nice too.

Everyone started breaking away, heading for the practice rooms. Blake turned to Eitohle after standing up, his hands in his pockets. "I'm going to grab some food," he started walking towards the door, assuming she'd follow. In his mind, letting her know where he was going was his version of an invitation. "On the mission..." he started out and hesitated, "stay by the others. I won't be there to watch your back." He couldn't meet her eyes as he said it, not that he was even sure himself of what she'd see in them. But he wasn't going to take the chance. Why, why had he said anything? It felt like something was scratching at his insides, demanding that he say those words. It was like feeling the madness clawing at the edges of his mind. Was this what it felt like to care for someone? Blake paused outside, his foot holding the door open. Don't you go doing anything stupid... don't die on me.

ғιɴd мe: OCC wιтн: Eitohle and the others wнιle тнιɴĸιɴɢ: 'I'm not worried about her', 'Is love just another form of insanity?' αɴd ғeelιɴɢ: Worried, hungry weαpoɴ/power: Shadow Manipulation and Insanity Inducement

* KILLERINSTINCT ;; .
watson can father all my children!! . I STRIP YOUR FLESH IN THE DARKESTPLACE ₍₀₀₎
                          in the dark the demons play i scrape my nails into my face in the dark the demons play
                          i scrape my nails into my face i pray to god to leave this place i pray to god to leave this place
                          sherlocked

Ubebae's Darling

Romantic Cultist

18,175 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Luciria let out a loud sigh; she was tired. The trip had taken it's toll on her, not to mention the plane right over could have been better, but whatever, it was what it was. She let her gaze wander around the room. She didn't really want to be a bother and ask these people what the mission was, but if she didn't, she wouldn't know what her particular job for this mission would be. Not that her jo would be anything big, it was usually her just sitting at a computer taking down whatever information Dubois didn't want floating around. Other times she would actually get to go out into the field to mess with any journalist who got a little too close or got too much information Luci probably would have just stood there all day thinking about how tired she was or how much of a bore things were. But luckily for her a figure approached, giving her greeting and asking if Luc needed something. Her features immediately lost their dull look and she smiled,
                                                      "Well aren't you heaven sent," she chuckled, still smiling at Moira as she gestured towards the screen with one hand.

"I'm here for the mission, although I came in late so I didn't really hear what was going down. I know it's something about protecting the mayor, but I didn't hear much else. " she continued, her eyes examining Moira's face. Her right eye began to turn green a bit as the female tried to use her face recognition software. She went through a list of people until she got a match; Moira Weiss. In a moment Luciria was tilting her head, "You're Moira right? I'm Luci. " she stated, leaning towards the girl and slipping an arm around her shoulder, her other arm waving across the space in front of them. "Tech Support Extraordinaire! " she exclaimed, releasing Moira's shoulder and standing back promptly before her. "I'm here to make sure no YouTube videos go around of the Mayor being shot or beheaded," so," she continued, taking out her cellphone to take down notes, "If you'd be so kind, the details of the mission?" Luci was never one to beat around the bush once she got into it, this girl presented Luci an opportunity to figure out what the mission was, surely she had other things to do and other people to see, so why not hurry up and not waste her time?

" "
                                                      " "

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: OCC Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Moira Weαpoɴ/Gadget: N/A Aттιre: ====
                                                      Tнoυɢнтѕ: Derp de derp. Looks like this one can tell me what I need... αɴd Feelιɴɢ: Calm

Emmeren

ooc: lame post :c i is sorries

Wheezing Star

User ImageUser Image

y
o
u
r
p
a
s
t
t
i
m
e
s

She seemed to react to him, even hurt by his words. Whoever this person was, or whatever her intention, she didn't seem to hear him anymore. Kit and Markus exchanged glances. Markus noted that Kit still seemed concerned about the woman. Kit, however did not react when Markus tried to move away a second time. A depressed stranger was just too high level a social situation for a child to handle. Honestly, all Kit wanted to think about now was pancakes.

Markus' pase was always brisk these days. Kit was getting a little heavy, but distancing himself from crazy was the priority.
                                                                        When the pair had gotten a good six feet away, Kit leaned towards Markus' ear, "Was that really a crazy lady?" She had looked so much like a princess. So pretty ladies who were well dressed could be weird? Usually the crazy people looked more comical, or resembled lumbering animals. Real life was nothing like Disney movies.
                                                                        "Yes." No further explanation needed. Markus didn't feel like talking about that woman. His main concern was to find a way to lose any tails they may have, and quickly get out of New Haven. That woman didn't seem like a spy or anything, but it was better to be safe then sorry.
                                                                        "Markoo! Snow!" Kit started wriggling in his arms again and straining to look behind them. "No, it's too early for snow."
                                                                        Markus paused from his scheming to take a look around. He didn't feel any real drop in the temperature, yet Kit had been right. There was some white stuff forming in the general area. Snow in California? In August?
                                                                        "This is unnatural, and why people should recycle." Markus didn't think anything funny was going on and kept trudging. Then crazy lady stopped them again.
                                                                        "We don't need to talk." Markus thought her actions were suspicious before, but he had been wrong. Now something was up for real. She looked different now, more collected and direct. She was reinvigorated, and that worried him.

"Believe me, if I had a choice," and a kitchen, "this wouldn't be what we would be eating."
                                                                        Kit seemed cautiously interested int he pretty princess woman again. The offer to buy her new clothes was an act of kindness that seemed too goo to pass up. Even if she wasn't allowed to talk to strangers, it would be okay if Markoo agreed to come, yes?

Markoo, on the other hand, was not happy with the idea of new luggage to cart around. What little they had brought barely fit in his enormous backpack. He glared at the crazy lady, but he did feel bad for Kit. A little girl, even one in disguise shouldn't wear shirts with holes in it.
                                                                        For some unknown reason, against his better judgement, Markus decided to concede. It looked like this woman knew something, and perhaps he could collect some information about his attacks as well. Markus didn't enjoy being in the dark.
                                                                        "Why the sudden interest in us?" Markus' tone was anything but friendly, but he was already walking beside Crazy Woman.

company: Kit and Asrtrid xxxlocation: The Park
                                                                        mood: Irritated xxxthoughts: Whaaat the hell, man? xxx health: 100%, 100%

Suwosa's Husbando

Fiendish Comrade

User ImageUser ImageX
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

{ Camile tilted his head at Gen when she brushed off his question about how she ended up in Eden. Even over his music he could hear the strain in her voice and the slight skip in her heartbeat as she said it. It didn’t surprise him that she’d hesitate in disclosing something like that. He could imagine the means by which she got here were as unspeakable as his, if not more. The way her smile faltered was really all he needed to tell him to let the subject drop. But then she whispered that she’d tell him, but not here. Camile just nodded in response and glanced over the others in the room, committing each face to memory. They looked nothing like an average looking group of people going to work together. Camile couldn’t help but wonder how they accepted their situation so casually. How long had they been here before they just accepted everything as normality? Camile sighed inwardly before shifting his attention back to Geneva, listening as she told him to follow her to the “Quay”, whatever that was. It was probably Aussie for something.

He followed her out the door and quickly got into step beside her. Part of him expected her to start floating up again, but instead she just stuck to the ground. His phone switched to a new track, one he thought fitting for a walk with his reunited best friend. He couldn’t help but smile as she told him about how her powers manifested when she was at the age of seven. “It was the same for me,” he replied, but then quickly added, “Well, I got my hearing when I was seven.” He left it at that for now, not mentioning his other ability. To begin with he was told by his instructors not to share that information with anyone else, at least until his first mission. Only Cali and the higher ups at the institute knew about it. What the big deal was, he didn’t know. He shook the thought as Geneva continued on. He knew her dad was an engineer, but didn’t know she used her gifts to help him out. She had found a way to make use of her powers to benefit others, while at the time all he did was try to ignore his or supplant it. His chest swelled with admiration and envy at this. There were many ways he could have used his gift, many people he could have helped. But then again it was trying that landed him here in the first place, so some help he would have been at that age.

He was too engrossed in Geneva’s story that he almost didn’t notice when they stepped out of the OCC. His brows furrowed and mouth locked up when she started to tell about how Eden got involved with her family. His earlier assumption was right. What they put her through to get her here was worse than what they did to him. Eden may have threatened his parents, but they flat out butchered hers. For all he knew they were already buried in some ditch or smoldering ashes lost to a crematorium. His hand clenched into a fist. How someone could do what they did to Gen and still have the gall to say they’re working for the good of others is beyond him. He looked at his friend with pitiable eyes. Even as she tried to speak in a flat and icy tone, he could pick up on the strain of an altered pitch. That and her heart rate elevated a bit. Deep down he knew she wanted to let out everything she was feeling inside, especially when she started to speak about her father. He wanted to reach out and take her hand, but both of his remained balled into fists as she went on. When they both stopped walking that was when he realized they were standing out on the pier in front of the lake. Quay meant “lake”, he told himself, and added it to his list of already collected Aussie jargon. When he looked at her eyes he could see them get a bit misty, and he heard her heart rate jump another beat faster. She was really doing what she could to bottle everything in. He heard the slightest hint of a choke, only someone with his gift could pick up, as she finished her story. He stood where he was for a while, even as she took a seat and patted the spot next to her for him to sit down. His ears listened, waiting until her heart settle down before he finally sat beside her.

Though he had a lot on his mind to voice out, his mouth stayed shut. He didn’t think there was anything he could say that could make what she told him any better, and it wasn’t in him to just bs fluff on the fly. Instead his hand made its way to her shoulder, gripping it gently. Even if her family wasn’t around, he was there. She wasn’t alone. He’d make sure she knew that. Thankfully Gen broke the silence by continuing on. He found himself turning to her, wide eyed as she spoke about having a group of gifted working on busting their way out of Eden. Was he hearing things clearly? He didn’t need to ask this, he knew he was. There was no hesitation, nothing but a firm tone as she talked about burning the institute down. s**t, she was serious as he heard anyone be. He did another double take when she mentioned Cali’s involvement in her plans as well. That was something he couldn’t picture. As warm and inviting as she had been since he got here, he could still see the imprint of Eden clearly on her. Whenever he let his distaste for the institute slip out, he would hear her heart start to slow, her breath catch, and the uneasiness in her voice when she tried to change subjects or deter him from such thoughts. Clearly Eden meant something to her. He didn’t understand why, but it did. He’d have to ask her later on why she would willingly help Gifted take it down. Maybe it wasn’t by her will.

Another point of interest Geneva brought up, which nearly went over his head, was his birthday. He forgot it was coming up soon. It was only four days away, on the day of the Festival and his first mission. That was one way to spend it, not that he ever did much on his birthday before. Gen was making a bit more of a deal out of it than he was. Camile felt his cheeks start to burn with both embarrassment and shame when she mentioned having five years of birthday gifts she’d been waiting to give him. He never had a single one for her. All he had were a few letters he had written with the intent of sending but never really did. But despite feeling lower than dirt, he had to crack a smile as she did, and as she nudged him hard in the shoulder. Even when it was just words on a computer screen between them, she always managed to force a smile out of him and make him bust a gut. For all that she’s been through so far, Gen seemed to be holding up pretty well. All things considering, Camile had to admit life at Eden could have been a lot worse. If Gen could talk about video games and friends so casually, then they were doing alright. The girl (woman?) she mentioned, Eitohle was Rainbow Girl back at the briefing, if he remembered right. If Gen said she was okay, then she must have been. Generally he assumed everyone at Eden was to be avoided, Cali and now Geneva being the exception. He started to wonder who else could be trusted, if anyone else?

He closed his eyes when she ruffled his hair, pouting out of reflex like whenever someone ran their hands through his follicles, but his lips formed into another grin when she started to feel up his scarf. He hoped she was proud of her handiwork, because it was the best scarf he ever used. Nothing kept his ears and face warmer. His smile only faltered when hers did, and his jaw set into a frown when she apologized for missing his birthday. She didn’t need to assure him things were good when they weren’t. She definitely didn’t need to worry about missing any birthday of his. He scooted closer to her and brought his arm around over her shoulders, shrugging off the tingling that surged through his body as they made contact. “I feel better already,” he said to her with a little smile. “Birthdays are overrated, at least mine is. You guys don’t have worry about it, Genie.”

He let his arm drop and tilted his head seeing her pull out a little coin. Before he could question her about it, she suddenly asked him about how he ended up in Eden. His smile faltered again, though he tried to keep it up when she tried making her query as light and easygoing as possible. He looked away from her, his gaze focused on the water so as to avoid looking at her. It wasn’t that he was put off she bought into the not-rumors of him killing someone. It was telling her the man he killed was a rapist he thought was raping her that didn’t settle with him. How do you tell someone something like that? In fact he didn’t want to tell her. But it wasn’t like he wasn’t going to blow off the question entirely. With a sigh he looked over to her and said, “It started one night about a month ago for me. I was about to go to bed, when I heard a couple of voices from a few blocks away. One was a guy’s and the other was a woman’s… except hers sounded muffled like she was gagged, and she was crying.” Camile let the words hang for a moment. It probably wouldn’t take her long to figure out what he was getting at. He did hesitate as he thought about what he wanted to say next. “I... couldn’t drown it out. It was driving me crazy, so I found my dad’s gun, then I tracked the voices down until I found the house they were coming from… I snuck in, found them in the basement. He was on top of her, and I just shot him.” Camile ended quietly, eyes closing and hand trembling.

When he opened his eyes again, he added, “I didn’t get there in time to keep him from doing what he did, but at least I put a stop to it. After that we called the cops and I was jailed for a couple days. Then two men from Eden showed up. I didn’t know who they were, but they knew everything about me. They… convinced me to come here.” His throat was dry, his words practically spat out. “More or less, come to Eden or spend the rest of my life in prison, while hinting my parents won’t live to see a visiting day.” He finally turned to Gen wearing a wry smile. “And here I am, everyone thinking I killed just to get in, and both reuniting and meeting my best friend face to face for the first time. Funny how things work.” He never realized how much he burned inside about the circumstances that brought him here, until he actually said them out loud. At least it felt good to finally be able to tell someone the truth. That was one less person whispering behind his back and giving him a look like he was competition to kill off. Cali knew, now so did Geneva. Except Cali knew the truth about him thinking it was his “best friend” who was getting raped. But Geneva didn’t need to know this, and she wouldn’t.

A few laughing voices grabbed his attention. He looked behind him to see a group of teens not too far off leaping into the lake. He let out an annoyed grunt at their presence, wanting to spend the moment alone with his friend. In his head he started to visualize a small dome big enough to surround him and Geneva. Then he threw his hand up, projecting the dome out into a barrier surrounding them. He kept the barrier up with his mind as he let his hand down, and looked over to Gen. He probably thought his actions were a bit off. “So besides hearing, I can project invisible barriers with my mind,” he stated simply. She could probably hear the noises around them being a bit muffled. “They won’t be able to hear us talking in here.” This was good because he wanted to ask her things others shouldn’t be hearing. “So, what's your plan for getting out? Whatever it is I want in.”

ғιɴd мe: OCC>Lake wιтн: Geneva wнιle тнιɴĸιɴɢ: Getting out of here sounds good. ғeelιɴɢ: Content, Bitter, Lamenting
                                                                xx xx S O M E - T I M E S x I x H E A R x Y O U -
                                                                C A L L I N G,
                                                                TELLINGMETHATI'MAFOOL
                                                                xx x ██ xx ██ xx ██ xx ██ xx

Watson Your M i n dWell I can dream ! are can dream !
                                                                That we'll see brighter day ; ; Well I can d r e a m !WatsonYourMind

Sherlock Homeslice

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wheezing Star

User Image

» » LOCATION a small, private lab xx WITH Cam xx MOOD Cheerful xx HEALTH 100% « «

Most of the reports she went over were small things that other doctors could have handled: training related injuries and accidents, but Janel liked to know what happened to everyone. What the environment the subject was in when the incident occured, how each of Eden's subjects reacted to what circumstances and how that affected their well being.
                                          She and Julian already had noted a few key factors down: Powers were unlocked during times of stress, powers seemed more predominant in males, and they had noted unusual brain activity when powers were activated.
                                          But was this genetic? Janel suspected it was, but was afraid to voice her opinion in fear that Dubois would start kidnapping or killing more people than he already did.
                                          Besides, did she really need to say anything? Julian probably suspected the same thing, and if he didn't, he would soon enough.
                                          Ah, speak of the devil, Janel thought as her door slid open. Julian came in with an all too familiar folder. Her heart sunk. Janel felt that Julian sent her as many of those folders as Blake sent dead bodies to the morgue.
                                          After all these years you would think she would have grown immune, jaded to this whole process. She managed to take the folder without grimacing too hard, but her displeasure was obvious by the shadow that fell over her face.

She had seen his transformation, she had been around when he had his first name. She liked Vincent, but had no affection for Julian.
                                          God, she was old. How she had survived this long under Dubois was a miracle. On some level she could not blame Julian for becoming what he was, which was why she never truly shut him out, but she hoped he could be better. She had seen a glimpse of hope a long time ago, but Eden had a funny way of killing any light you might find.
                                          "Dr. Grey." Janel's greeting was more pleasant and a weak smile spread over her lips. She was good at forcing pleasantries, something her mother hammered in to her. Plus the unexpected conversation was a pleasant surprise. Usually Janel had to be the one hounding Julian, trying to make sure he was being humane and trying to pry answers from him.
                                          His initiation softened her features a bit, but soon frustration hardened them again. "With all the fresh talent Eden is dragging in, dere have been a few more accidents. I think Dubois might be getting a little too excited. Dese children need to feel welcomed, not enslaved." She frowned over the bit of paper she was holding. Now that she was in work mode her accent was almost unnoticable. "Half the accidents could be avoided in a more nurturing environment where our wards can be safe." Janel's jab was aimed at Dubois and not Julian, but would he know?

Janel looked at Julian. He was arguably much smarter than she was, and she wished they could be allies. She picked up the folder he handed her wordlessly, and took a glance at the contents. The lie made her sick. As they sat and tried to keep some form of conversation going Janel couldn't help but feel the weight of the question she wanted to ask: How did this one really die?
                                          But something took her focus off the folder. Janel studied him, her gaze long and hard. They had been coworkers for about eight years. Something was different about Julian today, he seemed more vulnerable. When he stood up to leave Janel wanted to say something to let him know that he wasn't the only one suffering under Dubois' reign.
                                          She paused, resentment and doubt lodged the words in her throat, and just as she was about to get them out one of her favorite little ladies strut in to her office. Even as she greeted Camile her eyes followed Julian as he stepped out of view.

When his coat fluttered away Janel's focus snapped to Camile, "How are you doing today?" Just being around someone she loved was enough to give her a small burst of energy. She was glowing despite the obvious exhaustion. "I would love to try sum of that cream. My skin isn't what it used to be. Enjoy your youth while you can." She sounded as old as she felt, which was fifty.
                                          "Are you ready for another set of tests? Still nothing invasive, don't worry." Janel stood up to guide Camile to the portion of lab she had reserved just for the two of them. "I hear you have ah big mission coming up in a few days. You be carefool out there. Let me know if there's anything you need help with, or if you're coming down with something. I can give you vitamin C to take so your immune system is up and you don't get sick before the mission."

It was only after they reached the lab that Janel started talking about the tests. "Just sit here," She said as she motioned to a chair beside a machine. There was a small headpiece attached to it that would allow the machine to track the brain activity the subject would experience.
                                          "Just put the head gear on. Would you like a mouth guard just in case you experience any unpleasantness or stress?" This was a new branch or Camile's abilities and Janel just wanted to make sure she didn't hurt herself during these experiments. "Maybe a drink of water for after?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff