• Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
nothing but a::BYSTANDER nothing but a::BYSTANDER nothing but a::BYSTANDER

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
x WITH asako, xxx x MOOD wary - frustrated xxx x LOCATION jewelry store - outside xxx x CLOTHING morning winter wear

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Asako's answer was to not answer at all, and Daichi found that that was not boding well for her in terms of believing her. In fact, she seemed to shrink almost, the more that the elderly man persisted in speaking. Gritting his teeth against the ache and throb that had begun to pulse through his mind, Daichi stared at the cup of tea that had been set down in front of him; he had lost any appetite for it though. Instead, he forced himself to stare at it, as a focal point to center himself.

The elderly man continued with his part of the conversation, but it was muffled and not what he was paying most attention to. Rather, Daichi struggled with that same sense of fracturing in his mind - things that had once been neatly in place were no longer so, and other things were slipping loose. Something was wrong with him and for the briefest of moments, he felt a flare of panic in his chest at the simple knowledge that there was likely no one that could help this mysterious condition. A moment later though, he managed to rein in that panic, eying Asako as she nervously denied the fact that the necklace she'd taken to fiddling unconsciously, was the very one in the picture.

He stared at the intricate design of the little key that dangled from the pretty chain - he didn't even need to scrutinize it to know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was the one from the book. But what did that prove?

A whole lot, apparently.

This time, it was Daichi's turn to remain silent, as Asako feebly ascertained that it 'he didn't understand'. Of course he didn't understand. Still much too oblivious for the mounting tension, the elderly man continued his speech, and Daichi flinched when his nickname was mentioned.

"I can see the initials perfectly! AS and DS- Ya know! I asked her what the S stood for and she said Sohma. I almost near died when I heard that the two of you had the same last name."

That was too much to be coincidence, too much to say 'he didn't know what he was talking about'. They were both Sohmas. Not directly related, there were one too many branchings of their family for that, but it didn't matter. Their name was the same. His chest felt tight and he Daichi couldn't help but wonder if he was going into some sort of panic attack. He wasn't the type for those sorts of things though.

And then, the old man pulled out a picture of - of them. Of him, and Asako. He stared stiffly; he recognized the scenery. He knew that park. He'd wanted to go there for quite some time, and he had, but not with Asako. He'd gone with some school friends. Hadn't he? Hadn't he? Daichi swallowed, trying to resist the urge to throw up; he didn't know what had come over him in a matter of seconds, but the disorienting mess of his mind was not helping.

Asako's voice snapped him out of it, just barely.

"The S in Sohma is said to stand for secrets."

She'd leaped to her feet, and Daichi was surprised at how fragile she looked all of a sudden. It forced him out of that strange state of mind he'd been slipping into.

"...Another thing is I guess stay…. S-stay back!"

The chair protested at the rough treatment as Asako promptly bolted from the store. Ironically, all Daichi could think was that, he'd been expecting that since the beginning of their meeting. Though he should've gone after her immediately - reacted immediately, he hadn't been able to do so. "'S'... stands for... s**t," he muttered, putting a hand to his face and taking a breath. Gods, he'd been wanting to know what was going on, but this was not how he had thought it would go.

The old man looked at him sympathetically, stating that he'd made things difficult between the two of them. Daichi only smiled wryly through his inner distress; that was only the biggest understatement ever. "Ojisan, I left the estate- our home, because I couldn't stand that place." he sighed, "I came back for that same reason," He accepted the necklace that had been given to him, slipping it into the inner pocket of his jacket as he stood up, not needing any urgings to head for the door. "To tell you the truth, Ojisan, I don't know that girl either. You're right about one thing though - I need to find out what the hell is going on,"

It wasn't to say the cold air soothed his frustration, or that pulse and pound in his head - rather, if anything, it made him all the more aware of it. But, he could not leave Asako, no matter what secrets and betrayal she'd kept from him. Because, that was what it was, wasn't it? A betrayal? Where had that picture come from, why did he not remember her? There were too many questions - too many mysteries.

Outside, Daichi realized he did not really have an accurate way of tracking Asako down; he gaze down both directions of the street, before noting the left looked like the passersby had been more disrupted, and he took off that way. To his immense chagrin though, he did not get as far as he wished, staggering for a moment under the renewed sense of disorientation - the more he tried to think of things, to try and sort things out, the more his own memories seemed to resist.

With another deep breath, Daichi quickened his pace despite the headache, until he was threading his way through people. He hadn't expected to catch up to her so fast, he did, somehow. He couldn't mistake her figure though and he renewed his speed, snagging her by the arm before she crossed the street. "Asako - " he actually didn't know what he'd meant to say - if he was to say he wasn't angry, frustrated, furious, it was a lie. She had clearly known something, but she had chosen to remain silent. "You'll change if you're not careful," was all he said, though it was not the words he wanted to say.

███████████████████████████▌▌▌ ██ ║▌║││
⊹⊹ ____ here.we.go :: AGAIN _____ ✩ ✩ ✩

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ SAVE ME FROM THE PART OF M E
                                                                //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Stay Close, Stay Close
                                                                ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E
                                                            ▌ × How could you turn your back on M E
                                                            ▌ × When you know my N A M E
                                                            ▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ THAT'S BEGGING TOD I E
                                                                //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Stay Close, Stay Close

▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ T H E X D E P R E S S E D D R A G O N ⋮ ▕ ▕ ▕

Even amongst a sea of people , Asa had never felt so alone in her life. She had a cell phone in her pocket with somewhere around sixty numbers, thirty five of them being people she had to have in there due to family relationships or former relatives/family friends. Another twenty were former friends that she idn’t even talk to anymore. The other five were people that were actually friends that she had talked to. There weren’t many options as for people that she could talk to, which made the stress feel like it was compiling even more and more .

Asa shoved her hands into her pockets and waited for the light to change colors , allowing for them to walk. Yet, as soon as it did and she took that first step, a hand reached out and grabbed her arm. She stopped in her tracks and spun around, her heart beating faster than before as her breath caught in her lungs. Dai? How had he caught up so quickly? She thought old man Matsumoto would have at least held onto him a little bit longer.

“Daichi-San.” She said, trying to calm her breathing and her heartbeat as everyone brushed past her and she felt herself growing closer and closer to truly transforming as he had warned her of. “I’ll be fine.” She said, yanking her arm away. “You heard me in the store, stay back. Please. If you’re so worried about me transforming, listen next time.” Seeing him again was just making her that much more stressed out.

In the middle of the city with all of the hustle and the bustle, no one would notice, right? There was a chance. But She idn’t want to take it. She rushed to an alleyway where she promptly transformed, her clothing flaling down into the snow beneath her and her, in her little dragon form, popped her head up from within it.

The Sohma curse was one growing weak and the sohma dragon was nothing more than a seahorse, but that time had long since past. It had grown stronger once again, and Asa sat there as a little Chinese dragon, just as the zodiac had been years ago. Her size was small, probably only ten inches long in total, and as she sat there she frantically began to try to move her clothing into her purse, which she was able to do with her smaller pieces, but it was kind of difficult. That, and she was exhausted within a few moments and just stopped.

When Asa Transformed into her tiny zodiac form she was seriously susceptible to the cold. She crawled into the opening of her bag and peaked her head out of the opening, shivering profusely while staring out towards Dai who was at at the opening of the alleyway. “You were right. Ok, don’t even say it.” She said, her voice breaking as she fought back the tears, a small puff of smoke escaping from her nostrils as she broke down even further. “Just don’t say anything else.”

What more did she have to lose at this point? God. She had nothing. She was so lost and confused and scared. Part of her hoped that that the cold would get to be far too much for her while she was in her dragon form and she would freeze to death. Yet, it was Dai. Asa knew he wouldn’t do that. That was just her depression talking. “Daichi-San.” She murmured, her voice soft as she closed her eyes and tooka deep breath and then opened her eys again. “I erased your memories.” She looked back up at him. “I’m sorry. Not that I did it, but that I did it wrong. You were never supposed to know. Heck, you were never supposed to come back. You were never supposed to be standing here, in this shopping district, with me, in contact with this curse again. It’s not good. It’s not good for you or anyone else involved. Daichi-San, I should probably erase your memories again. If you would be so kind as to maybe help me get back to the estate, I can erase it all there . Then, it’ll be easiest for you to stay away.”

Part of her felt like it was breaking away when she said those words to him. It was like this whole big part of her was being broken apart and stepped on all at the same time. “I mean, of course the family will still help you out with living arrangements and the like, but you won’t have to worry about the stress of the curse and the family.” –and me.

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako, xxx x MOOD wary - frustrated - offended xxx x LOCATION outside xxx x CLOTHING morning winter wear

In that moment, Asako looked like a spooked animal; prepared to bolt at the slightest sound or movement. He distractedly had to remind himself to be careful. In the end, she yanked her arm from his grasp; he stared at his empty hand as if momentarily at a loss for what to do now that she had separated herself from him. A few belated seconds later, his hand returned listlessly to his side.

"You heard me in the store, stay back. Please. If you're so worried about transforming, listen next time."

Despite himself, Daichi could not help but snort something akin to a laugh, as if he could not believe what she was saying. "You're not that much older to be scolding me, and sorry if I'm not inclined to listen anyways,... " Another slight pause, as he momentarily struggled to formulate the words into proper sentences - it was that same headache cutting into his mind. He wasn't able to finish what he'd meant to say, and as a result, Asako once more bolted off.

He exhaled, breath wispy in the cold air as he rubbed his eyes, before following after her. He managed to catch her path just as she ducked into an alleyway. With that in mind, Daichi slowed his steps, bracing himself with the wall and following after her, stopping at the mouth of that very alley. It was confusing as first, because - he expected to see a person, but that was not the case. Her clothes lay scattered about, and a moment later he spotted the tiny creature she had become, trying to hideaway in her purse.

"You were right. Okay, don't even say it."

Her voice cracked, teary and all. Considering his own less-than-stellar condition and the like, he could have very well chastised her for her actions. But, he didn't. Daichi knew he couldn't. Instead, he just shook his head, dropping down to one knee in front of her. Mechanically, he began to pick up the scattered pieces of her clothing that she hadn't managed to gather, the headache not subsiding in the slightest, as if stubbornly trying to crack his head open. Why was that? How could such a simple picture have had such a great effect on him? Then again, who was he kidding. That person had undoubtedly been him, but he could not recall anything that would've led him to pose for such a photograph. It was ... frightening.

Daichi forced his attention to return to reality, when Asako called his name.

"I erased your memories."

The words were soft and quiet, barely a whisper. Nevertheless, their effect was nothing short of potent and they sent a chill that cut through him. He swallowed, but it did not help.

If he were to say that it did not bother him, that she said she didn't regret erasing his memories, it'd be a lie. He wanted to say that it was a lie, that it was impossible to do such a thing, but what did he know? Something told him that it was the truth, and with the cracks in his 'mind', what else could it be but that? The Dragon - Asako could do that. She could have very well erased his memories.

"...How do you know, what's really good for me?" he said a few moments later. "I know I'm not one of your kind, but I know how to handle myself. I don't need to be told what's good for me or not." Her comments irked him and stung at the same time. Again. These Sohmas and their secrets. Again. He felt sick. They seemed to think that they could play him like a pawn, do whatever they want with him.

"I'll take you back to the estate," he said finally, forcing his stiff limbs into movement. "But I refuse your offer, Asako." He spoke quietly, but with an even force. "I did not come back to this place, to forget anything. I came here to get answers. I don't need help, either. I can handle myself well enough." When he had left the estate, it was true, he'd done a good job of surviving; things weren't so simple as she seemed to make them out to be, and the Sohmas help was not something he saw as making it easier.

With that, he finished gathering up all her things. Without much thought to it, he next shrugged off his jacket, wrapping her up in it to keep Asako's dragon form warm with the remnants of his body heat stored in the material. Once he had everything, he walked out of the alley back to the bustle of the crowd, shivering in the cold and with something eerily akin to fatigue.

While Daichi had meant to return to the estate in utter silence in some childish symbol of defiance, the pounding in his head was making him feel rather inclined to smash his head into something and so, rather than do that, he felt compelled to speak. "... So .. that picture the old man had. It's true? We were ..." together. He couldn't say it aloud just as he couldn't verbally acknowledge the notion that his mind and memories had been toyed with.

It hurt to think about that; not because he didn't want to, but it was that same persistent ache as if his mind refused to let him delve deeper into what was true or lies. She was a stranger to him, wasn't she? She was. When was the last time he'd had a girlfriend? He ... couldn't remember. He grit his teeth, and made for his house, telling himself that revelation did not bother him.

He knew very well though, that it did.

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

Asa had to agree. She didn’t’ necessarily know what was good for Daichi anymore. Was it really good for him to stick around, was it good for him to leave? She didn’t dare argue with him, especially when he fell into his definant silence. She just sighed softly and thanked him. “Thank you.” When he wrapped her up into his jacket and kept her warm. When she was so tiny in her bearded dragon form there wasn’t much that she could do.

She watched from within that jacket as he made his way over towards the estate and then over towards his house. She expected him to remain silent for the rest of the way. But he didn’t. He said something that caught her off guard and she closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she gathered her thughts. “Yes.” She finally murmured, her voice just barely louder than a whisper. As she took another, collected breath and he opened up the door, she went ahead and spoke again and explained things. “You and I were together for quite a while, Daichi-san, but there’s a reason why you forgot. And there is a reason why your head is killing you right now. It’s unnatural for you to be trying to remember.”

With that, she felt a bit calmer, like there was a weight starting to be lifted off of her chest. Things really hadn’t changed at his house all too much sine she had been there a year ago. He put her down on the couch and went to open up the curtains, but as soon as he did, she transformed back. “Shoot.” She mumbled as she pulled his jacket up over her chest, blushing like mad. “Daichi- San if you would please grab my things. She held out her arm, but then realized her deep cuts were in plain sight and pulled her arm back at once. “Never mind. If you would just go to the kitchen. I can get it myself.” She said lightly. With a close eye, she watched as he did so, and she got up to her feet, got dressed into her clothing, and gathered her thoughts.

He wouldn’t have seen, and if he did, she would cover it up carefully. Normally she wasn’t so stupid, she would have used her right arm, the one he head grabbed earlier, but she had shown her left arm, the one that was sliced and diced. Shoot. Dai was very observant. But after all that had happened and with the splitting headache shooot.

She pulled her sleeves down and brought his jacket with her, but only after pulling out the pills and taking out two of them and walking into the kitchen, pulling out a glass and pouring some water into it. ”You should really take some.” She said, giving him a small smile. It was then that she realized how weird it must seem that she was almost used to being in his house. To her, it was just second nature almost. She put the pills and the glass down on the counter

“Oh, sorry.” She laughed , almost nervously. “Nothing’s really moved.” She admitted, her voice soft as she hung his coat up on a hanger. “Anyhow, Um…I-I don’t know what to say. I don’t know where you want to go from here. I honestly didn’t expect for you to find out. I didn’t expect for us to run into Mr. Matsumoto or for him to tell you everything.” She looked down at her feet. “You were never supposed to know a thing. Do you want me to leave now? Do you want to pretend this never happened?”

[[ooc hope you don’t mind the minor puppeting. Of Daichi to put her down]]

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako, xxx x MOOD wary - frustrated - offended xxx x LOCATION outside xxx x CLOTHING morning winter wear

It felt like a whirlwind of revelations; though he had had a hard enough time of it, trying to even ask the question, Asako hadn't seemed to have much of a problem promptly confirming they'd been together. Or perhaps, that was wrong of him to assume; her voice was still quiet, whispery.

"... And there is a reason why your head is killing you right now. It’s unnatural for you to be trying to remember."

The walk back had not taken so long in reality, but it'd felt nearly twice as arduous for him. He felt like his steps were labored, made more heavy by the significant distraction brought on by the headache. Frustratedly searching for his key with one hand, while he held Asako and her things in the other, Daichi could not help the derisive snort that escaped him. "It's unnatural to mess with people's memories, you mean," he muttered perhaps a little too callously, finally feeling a minor sensation of triumph and satisfaction at the sound of the door opening. "Why did I forget, Asako?" The more appropriate question though, was likely something akin to 'why did you make me forget'?

Inside his tiny place, Daichi set Asako down on the couch, before moving to the window; it was unbelievably dark as a result of the curtains - necessary for sleeping in the day due to his nocturnal job - to open them, and then instantly regret the excess amount of light that poured through. He leaned his weight on the window sill, taking a few silent breaths to steady himself; he wanted to stop himself from thinking, but such a notion was much easier said than done. It just seemed to make it worse, in fact.

He raised his eyes at the sound of her shifting back to human form, but unaccustomed to witnessing such events in action, he nearly caught sight of Asako bare. It woke him up, and Daichi straightened up, feeling conscious and with a need to pointedly make it clear to her that he was not staring. She had extended her hand to him, and he could've sworn there was something different about that pale skin of hers, but it was a moment too quick gone to make anything concrete. Obedient for the moment, Daichi nodded and stiffly made for the small kitchen, to wait while Asako got dressed. It was his opportunity to truly gather himself, because he was going to be expecting quite a few answers right away.

He leaned on the counter, dropping his head into his hands. There were too many conflicting ideas, thoughts and pieces, fluttering about. Memories were fickle things, and Daichi promptly realized that he really had no way of knowing what was dream or reality like this.

From the corner of his eye and the crook of his arm, he could see Asako entering the kitchen. She brought him a glass of water, having retrieved it with an eerily practiced ease. Together. That's what the old man had said, and that's what she'd confirmed. How often had she been here? Passed through this kitchen, sat on that couch?

It hurt to think.

Daichi did not reply immediately to Asako's flurry of questions; instead, he took the pills from the counter and dropped them to the back of his throat, downing the glass of water promptly afterwards. In retrospect, considering all that had happened, he perhaps should not have trusted her so easily with those pills; but he needed to ease that pain and - it felt almost like second nature to trust her.

"I'm done pretending things haven't happened, Asako," Daichi said after a moment, straightening himself up. He felt the slightest bit alleviated already, or perhaps it was just his imagination. "...I don't... want you to leave, either. I want you to tell me why this happened. Why this is happening. Why did you erase my memories?" His tone was firm, serious as could be. He didn't mean to sound pressuring - but then again, yes, he did. Asako had the answers he needed.

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

She wasn’t expecting for him to trust her that easily, for him to drown the pills just like that , without as much as a complaint in the world. She almost released a sigh of relief when the pain seemed to get just a bit lighter, or seemed to be a bit less taxing on him as he started to talk. Yet, what he had to say wasn’t what she wanted for him to say. He wasn’t yelling, he wasn’t upset wit her. He was serious, he was firm, but he wasn’t mad. On the contrary, he was just confused it would seem. And he had a right to know.

He had a lot of questions and it was no wonder. Everything was shattering all around him, the fragile reality that had been bought all thanks to her memory erasing was all falling apart. “I’ll answer a few of your questions.” She finally said, “I can’t answer them all. Why? Because. It all kind of boils down to why your memories were erased in the first place.” She could her hands starting to tremble again as she just started to think again as that terrible day, that terrible day when they went to go see HIM. Tat evil twisted man who hurt Dai and made her erase his memories. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she gathered her thoughts about her and carefully formulated her words so that she didn’t mess up.

“Well, this is all happening cause a while ago it was around Christmas time and we had been dating for two years. I wanted to get us something special. I have known Mr. Matsumoto for a while so I contacted him and had him make a lock and key. He and I become particularly close then and you know how the rest of the story goes.” She bit down on her lip. “He’s an older man and mentally he’s deteriorating and he doesn’t know when to just stop, so he just kept going today. So, yeah.”

She paused and opened her eyes, adjusting her glasses as she looked up at Dai. “I assume that’s not what you’re asking about at all. “You ‘re meaning more why all of THIS, the situation as a while is happening. The headaches, the memory erasing, and all that is happening. That’s a bit more difficult to explain, well. When I first erased your memories it really was to protect you. You were… hurt. Mentally and physically and you would have been in a really bad state if I didn’t take away your memories. Once you got set in your ways, you weren’t going to back down from them. Especially since you um… really cared.” She wasn’t going to dare say that he loved her. She didn’t’ even want to think about that moment, that tragic moment when he fought as hard as he could against her and shouted about how he loved her, about how he couldn’t let her do this. About how he didn’t understand.

“You were the first person that I ever had to erase the memories of, and I’m genuinely sorry that I messed up so badly. Normally, if someone were to have a situation like this and things were to be brought up, they would feel a sense of de-ja-vu or something, but it wouldn’t be a migraine like what you’re experiencing. Don’t worry, the pain killers will help with that.” Hopefully by the time the week was over she would have been able to convince him to erase his memories all over again but perhaps that was just wishful thinking on her part.

“Well. Daichi- San, that’s all I can tell you about what happened.” She admitted. “If I tell you anymore then I’m not sure what will happen.” She had to look away at that moment, taking another deep breath. “I’m not sure if he’ll hurt you again, or if he’ll do worse this time, if your headaches will get worse , maybe, I just don’t know.” She brushed a hand through her hair and sighed. “I know I may seem like the one with all of the answers, but in some respects, I’m as confused about this situation as you.”

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI

"I'm hoping you'll answer all my questions," Daichi answered wryly, smoothing back his hair.

"I can’t answer them all. Why? Because. It all kind of boils down to why your memories were erased in the first place."

It was a shame, because it was that very question that weighed heaviest on Daichi's mind. He opened his mouth, fully prepared to be firm and serious with Asako - but, the moment he caught sight of how she seemed shaken, how she trembled, he decided against it. He slipped his hands into the pocket of his jeans, his expression carefully neutral and patient, though inwardly he was fidgeting, frustrated and impatient.

Dating for two years. Daichi frowned, trying to see if that statement correlated with anything he could remember. It ... didn't. Not really. While the pain had eased up, things were jumbled, perched precariously in ways that Daichi feared would shatter if he poked and prodded too much. But the old man could not have been in on a trick so elaborate; the necklace, the image, their names...

But it was the only tidbit of information she had provided that he found worth dwelling on. For the briefest of moments, Daichi felt like he shouldn't have been so easy on Asako. Was she trying to tease him, by providing him with a pointless recap of what they had just gone through? Did she think that he would be satisfied with answers like that? "That Ojisan seemed pretty aware to me," he said finally, with a tone that made it clear he wasn't believing her.

She knew he wasn't happy, because she looked at him past the rims of her glasses, and she clearly laid out the points he was most concerned with. All Daichi did in response, was nod. Things quickly grew more serious, and he crossed his arms instead, watching her intently. Injuries? She said she'd done it for his protection, but Daichi did not feel like his previous self would've been the type to allow such a thing. He wondered how their relation had been exactly. What had they been like? What had he been like?

That last part was definitely him though; he was stubborn, and if something had not settled well with him, he wouldn't have backed down no matter what. "At least the pills are truth," Daichi said a moment later, sighing.

"What do you mean you don't know what will happen?" he asked, a moment later. Daichi was about to try to coerce more information from her, but her words made him stop. He felt a pang of fear, which seemed so out of place considering the security and safety of his home. His headache strengthened for the briefest of moments then too. "....He. You said you don't know if 'he'll' hurt me again. .... Who is he?" Shaking his head slowly, Daichi paced the kitchen as much as the space would allow.

"So far, you are the one that has the most answers, as far as I'm concerned, Asako. But, if you aren't willing to tell me, then I will find someone who will. If what you say is true, and we've been together for two years, I doubt it would've been a secret. You can't have meddled with everyone's memories. Someone will be bound to know something."

He didn't know why, but the more he spoke, the more bitter he felt. Again, he couldn't but wonder what sort of relation they'd had? Why would Asako think that it'd help if he had his memories wiped? He wanted Asako to tell him though; he wanted her to explain things, because -... just because. This was why he'd felt so compelled to seek her out. They had a connection.

Daichi stepped nearer to Asako, a serious expression painted on his features. "Asako. If erasing my memories didn't work once, it's not going to work a second time... I came back, when I was clear of the estate, because something was bothering me. I didn't know what it was - I still don't know what it is. But I can't leave things as they are."

He exhaled, expecting her to disagree. "...At least, for now, tell me... if we were ... together, how - " How it'd been? "How that was. And, who that 'he' is."

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

Daichi was frustrated. She could tell that and honestly she didn’t blame that. As she realized that, though, she began to feel a bit more… shut off? was that it? She was so worried that she would say something wrong and he would get upset and leave before she could make it all better, or worse yet he would go ask the wrong person about the two of them. “He didn’t realize how bad off we were.” Asa sighed. “I just wanted to make sure all of that made complete sense.” Just in case it came back to bite her later. Things had a habit of doing that.

That whole thing wasn’t very important within seconds ,though as the conversation got much deeper and they moved onto to the things that truly did matter. “The pills are pills, nothing more, nothing less. Of course they’re truth.” She mumbled, perhaps missing the purpose of his statement, just wanting to fill the silence more than anything.

Asa didn’t dare answer the question that came next from Daichi. What did she mean that zhe didn’t know what would happen? She didn’t want to tell him. Asa didn’t want to admit to him that she was clueless about nearly everything that was conspiring all around them. She knew that she had messed up when she erased his memories, but if she tried again she had no clue what would happen, if Uroshi were to find out she had no idea what were to happen. There were so many what ifs and her hands were starting to become a bit more

The next question was another one of those that she didn’t want to answer, so she just looked down at the ground and remained quite for a few moments, waiting for him to just… move on. Thankfully he did. “Daichi. Normally I would say you have the Sohma name and to an extent you are a Sohma, but at the end of the day, you’re not cursed like the rest of the day. When things went downhill I went and spoke to everyone and told them that things ended badly between the two of us. No one knows that I erased your memories besides the person who fprced me to do it, you, and me. Not even Alice knows all of what happened.”

Asa Sighed, “I want to answer your questions, Dai,” She said, realizing that she called him Dai, she corrected herself at once, “Daichi, But It’s tough. “ She gripped onto the kitchen counter that she was still leaned against and looked up at him when he took a step towards her, her heart beating faster as he asked the two questions that of course were the hardest to answer. The two that she didn’t want to answer. The two that made her feel like she was on the edge of a panic attack again, but at the same time, Also made her feel like she would feel right before each and every time before she went off to meet with him.

She gripped the counter harder when hes aid he didn’t’ want to leave things like that. “I-I don’t want to leave things like this either.” She admitted, looking up at him. “I don’t expect things to go back to the way they were before. But the way they ended.” She had to take a deep breath as she gathered herself. Just thinking about it made emotions start to well up within her. “The way things ended didn’t leave room for any kind of closure.”

Now came the hard part now that they had agreed that they were going to at least try to come to terms with things. Was she going to tell him about the god and her? “I’m not telling you his name.” Oh course not. “Remember how I told you I wans’t going to tell you why your memories were erased? Well, he’s the root of the reason why.”

“But… I’ll tell you about us to be fair.” She released the counter and folded her arms over her chest. “It… well. My god I’m gong to sound like the definition of cheesy.” She said as she brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. “But it was kind of like a dream. You were an outsider, I was a timid little Sohma and you kind of changed things for the better.” She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone whiel starting to bite down on her lip Just scrolling through and finding his name hurt. It was at the bottom of the list. But he was there. A little heart next to his name. She was sure right after everything happened to text a lot of people so that she wouldn’t see his name but she had never bothered to go through and delete any of there messages. When she said there wasn’t room for closure she wasn’t kidding. Luckily, Asa had grabbed his phone and was able to figure things out so it looked like she hadn’t existed in his life when his memories were erased, but she still remembered and it hurt.

When she clicked his name, Right there, there were messages.
                                                            Asa- Daiiiiiiiiiiii
                                                            Dai- yesss?
                                                            Asa- Where are those pics?
                                                            Dai- Oh forgot to send them! Did your mom want to see them? wink
                                                            Asa- … just send the pics.
                                                            Dai- three pics sent
                                                            All three of the pics were of them, all on a date at a picnic in the park. Each and every one they were smiling and laughing. The last one, Asa and him were kissing and the sun was setting in the background, a typical couple picture that you would see on social media. It was cute all the same.
                                                            Asa- I like the last one.
                                                            Dai- Me too
                                                            Asa- -kissy emoji- are we still on for tonight?
                                                            Dai- Of course! I’ll pick you up at seven. Sound good
                                                            Asa- Sounds awesome Love ya
                                                            Daichi- Love you more.

That was the last text that was ever sent between the two and as Asa handed the phone over she honestly felt very nervous to have him reading it. She gulped and admitted softly, “You were my everything back then. Before you all I did was work and study, but you showed me a whole new world. I’m so sorry for everything I put you through and even now what I’m continuing to put you through.”

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako, xxx x MOOD frustrated - offended xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING morning winter wear - night work - sleepwear

He stared at her, when she slowly made her assertion on whether he truly was a Sohma or not. He was surprised with how potent his emotions felt, how frustrated he felt to hear that again, his name as a 'Sohma' was nothing more than a facade. If he wasn't apart of their exclusive club, he didn't really count for anything, did he?

Just like before.

Asako was smart and clever. Even though he'd spoken his threat with such confidence, a part of him had already known, that things couldn't be as easy as that. After all, if there had been someone who was truly aware of what was going on, whether they liked it or not, they'd have eventually slipped with that information and let it be known. Grudgingly, Daichi had to admit that, aside from the memory-erasing ordeal, Asako had likely done a well and thorough job of hiding any incriminating evidence for - for whatever this was.

Daichi didn't even think twice on the fact that she was calling him by his nickname; it had sounded so different, so wrong back at the old man's store, but it didn't really seem that way now. It seemed natural, almost. He was trying to keep his emotions under a steel grip though - there were too many feelings vying for his attention, that he didn't know where to go, what to think. The fact that Asako was being so utterly stubborn, refusing to explain what had gone on though, was grating away at his patience. How could she say things like that so easily, if what she was true about them being a couple? How truly in love could a person be, if they were willing to just - erase any and all existence of it? Maybe she'd been cheating on him or something - maybe because she was a cursed Zodiac, she thought she was capable and entitled of doing such a drastic thing as erasing his memory, because he was just another outsider.

"... Closure implies remembering that we ended off on a good note," he commented a tad callously; his thoughts were going back and forth. Was he really going to believe this bull s**t? Memory-erasing and all that crap? Then again - there was too much coincidence. And it didn't feel all that far-fetched. If anything, the most far-fetched thing that had happened in the last half hour, was Asako shape-shifting into a dragon. Erasing memories was much more near the realm of believable then that, and yet he'd calmly brought her home like it was something that was so typical and normal.

Gods, this was all ridiculous. He'd come back to a madhouse.

"I'm not telling you his name."

"...Maybe he's your new boyfriend that's why," he muttered; a few moments later though, he felt a bit of guilt try to worm it's way through the rest of the emotions. That wasn't like him - it was petty, and he didn't even really know Asako as well as she said he did. Right?

She pulled out her cell phone, now looking less agitated and more bashful. Not sure what he was expecting, or what he wanted to happen, Daichi remained where he was, eyes fixed on her cell as she tapped out the code, and flicked through messages. When she handed the phone to him, he looked up at her, for a moment with an expression of uncertainty of his own. What if it was a joke? What was he going to see? He felt as nervous as she looked.

But he took it.

The texts were dated ages ago; his name was there too. Feeling a lump in his throat, Daichi carefully slid through the texts. Three pictures had been sent, and he felt even more uneasy as he tapped it to make it bigger. But it was just like the one the the old man had showed them. None of them had them in close physical contact, but it was both of them. He had never been the overly- expressive type, but he could tell from the expressions, that he was just as content as Asako was. The kiss in the last picture was gingerly done, but the cocky pleased look on his face was surprising, even to him.

He felt like he was looking at someone else.

Daichi glanced at her distractedly, when she spoke, but his eyes slipped back to the images again. He knew that place. He hadn't gone with her. He'd gone ... no, he had gone with her, hadn't he? It felt like he'd ... he didn't know. It was all so confusing. Daichi stubbornly stared at the images, until his vision began to blur out at the corner of his eyes. "...Was this before I got into that motorcycle accident..?" he asked quietly, his mind struggling to process the information. He didn't know what to say, and so he said the first things that came to mind. In the picture, his arms were devoid of the scars that littered them now; it truly was like a different person. He was ... pretty sure that's how he'd gotten those scars, right?

...Right?

Abruptly, he gave his head an aggressive shake; it pulsed painfully in response, but he ignored it. Instead, he tapped the info icon next to his name - with that little heart - and sought out what the number was. It was his current cell number though. Handing the phone back to her, he fumbled for his own cell; there were no similar messages in his phone though. No pictures. Nothing. The realization hit him more harder than he would've thought - this was a whole world that'd been blocked out. To him - none of that had ever existed.

He dropped his cell to the counter, stepping back from Asako. "..I'm sorry for what I said, Asako." he murmured, closing his eyes for a moment. "L...et's just, leave it at that. Do you want me - to walk you home?" The words stuck on his tongue. Was that something the old him would always say? He took a breath, shaking his head. God, he felt sick.

"...I'll see you later, Asako." he said instead.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx

Asako had left, and now alone, Daichi had wanted nothing more than to curl under his covers. It was - too much information. Too much to process. What was true? What was fake? He didn't know.

He lazed on the couch before the nerves and tension got to him. It was still too early; one in the afternoon. He didn't want to think about things, but he did. It was an internal conflict with a seemingly neverending tug and pull. It got to the point that, Daichi eventually decided he had to something else. And thus, he went in search of his mother.

In retrospect, it was a stupid idea. Asako had already said that - well, that no one would know what had happened. But, Daichi felt inclined to try. She was always around the cursed ones, and - she was his mother after all.

He shouldn't have bothered.

He found her rushing down the path to the Zodiac houses, sheer coincidence and luck more than anything, and she'd stopped of her own volition despite her rush. She'd meant to only slow to give him a kiss on the cheek, tell him to bundle up - but he stopped her, and he brusquely spat the question he had out.

"Okaasan, I know there was something going on between me and Asako..san. I can't remember what it is, and I know you know. You need to tell me."

His mother froze in her tracks, and she stared at him; for a moment, Daichi felt like she really would give him some sort of revelation - a key piece of information that would clear the muddy fog and fuzz.

Instead, she just gave him a pitying look, putting a gentle hand to his shoulder. "..I'm sorry, Daichi. I don't know anything about that. It's not our place to pry into the Zodiac's choices or actions, anyways. I'll see you. You should come over for dinner soon,"

You're not cursed, you're just an outsider, so what you think doesn't matter.

That was what he heard, as she hurried off, leaving him standing in the cold.

"[******** that.
                                    "

Them and their exclusive club.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx

"...Yo, Daichi-kun. ...Daichi."

Nearly spilling the bottle of alcohol, Daichi glanced over at his coworker, who was giving him a funny look. "...What?"

"That's the third bottle you've nearly dropped and the second drink you nearly mixed up. That's not like you, are you sure you're alright?"

Daichi shook his head, setting the bottle down. "...Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I'm just - .. gonna take a real quick break, I'll be back. That last drink is on me," he said to the girl who was batting her eyelashes at him, as he handed her the drink she'd asked for. With that, he stepped from past the bar's counter, into the employees area. He sought out a cup of water, and the bottle of pills from his jacket.

He downed two more, to ease the headache.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx

Daichi had never been so glad to be home in his life. Probably. It was already later in the morning, but he hadn't bothered to move from under the covers. He had never felt so sluggish, so disoriented in his life.

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

Asa sighed. He was right when he said that. things didn't end on a good note but she wished tat they had. Part of her wondered if she would have had the ability to erase her own memories if then they would be allowed some type of closure. That was the type of contemplation that drove her to the point of breaking whenever she was alone, but while she was with Daichi then and there she didn't have much time to think and dwell on that one little line as a petty jab was thrown at her. Sad part was the fact that though it seemed to be ever so slightly petty, there was truth in it which made it not petty at the slightest. "That was low." She murmured, biting her lip as she tried not to let the hurt show. Gosh darn it, Daichi. That one stung.

Yet, it didn't stop there, it continued to get worse and worse, the pain progressively got more and more painful, adding onto itself when he grabbed the phone and began to look at it. He looked so confused, and just looking at him brought back everything. Asa wanted to dash as quickly as she could for the door. She wanted to run as far as she could from him and never come back. Motorcycle accident She thought to herself as she stood there , heart beating fast. Was that how she had covered up his scars? Covered the scars that he had given him? Asa knew better than to say anything about it and instead stayed completely quiet She was about to reach for the phone, afraid that when he pressed on the screen that he was going to see the messages between her and the god, or that he was just going to go through messages in general, but he didn't do anything at all but just stare.

Asa noticed that he just looked confused and almost even kind of distraught. A sense of betrayal even seemed to be playing across his featuures. He apologized to her and started to say something to her that he used to say all of the time back before... before then. Of course, she responded wiht a simple , "No. Thank you. My house is very close as you know." Her voice soft and sligtly confused as she struggled to comprehende what was starting to happen. He had a right to be mad and she wouldn't blame him at all. "I'm sorry too, for everything. I'll see you later, Daichi." She walked out the door and didn't look back.

---

Asa went to her room and sat down, Arisu nowhere to be seen. She began to tap her foot against the floor as she dropped her head down into her hands, her heart beatting fast as he tried to make some kind of sense of the current situation. It was all just too much for her to handle. Especially since Daichi seemed to think that it was all her fault. It was all kind of her fault. It was all her fault. All. Her. Fault. Asa got up to her feet, her blood cold and got her revenge on herself physically for the mental torture she had put Daichi and herself through.

It helped her to mentally escape until Asa had to rush to cover up the deep gashes on her left wrist when Arisu came into their room calling their name. By the time she had stepped out of the bathroom her darling sister was impatient but wasn't suspicious and all was fine. Asa's secret was safe as always and she was good to chat.

Arisu was someone that Asa told everything to but she admitedly did not end up telling her anything, nothing, about DAichi and what had conspired between the two of them until she mentioned that she had heard from another sohma that they had seen her leaving his house. "What were you two doing?" She asked, leaning forwards egarly. "Were you guys having a deep romantic talk? Kissing? Are you guys together again?"

Asa gave her a small sad smile. "Arisu, For oonce, please, stay out of this one, ok? Just stay out of it." Arisu seemed to hurt but she just changed the subject and started to talk once more. She talked about anyhing and everything to keep the subject as far away from Daich as possible. As if to further take her mind off of things her phone buzzed and her night took turn for the worse
                                                            --
                                                            "Asako, dear, you look beautiful." Uro commented as he picked up one of Asako's long black curl's and lifted it up towards his face, a smirk growing on his face. "You're like a perfect little doll, Asa, I don't see why you can't just be like this all the time." Asa was wearing a white dress with red roses and other pink flowers, an outfit that Uro had gifted to her randomly that night and had insisted she wear. He was the god. Was she to resist?

The outfit had no sleeves and to make matters worse, she had no way of escape of him. "What is this?" He asked as he lifted up her wrist and looked at the bandages. She let him lift up her wrist and she sighed softly. "I wouldn't worry about it, it's nothing." Uro blinked at her, starting to frown. "Don't." He said, his gaze becoming dark. As he suddenly tightened his grip around her wrist and pulled her in towards him, so close that she couldn't get away. "You're my zodiac, you belong to me, not even your body belongs to you, Asako, so don't harm it." With that, he pulled her in and kissed her. She fought it at first, but he tightened his grip on her wrist so it just hurt that much more. Was Daichi technically right? Was Urochi , the god, Asako's....boyfriend?

-----

Asa didn'tw ant to move. Even though the sun had long since come up she hadn't slept a wink and she was a mess. She kind of just wanted to sit there and cry for a while. Yet. Sure enough, at ten sharp, Arisu was shouting at her to get up. Asa sighed and did as she said since she was awake and all, and got dressed into her more typical work outfit, a white dress shirt, black boots, and simple black pants. Normally she would wear her key... but Daichi still had that. She bit down her lip. "Perhaps it's for the best.'

Sighing, she realized that she had to go and see him anyways to make sure that he had taken his medication and also to make sure that he was not takign everything too badly. She walked out of her house on the main estate and walked over towards the outer area of the estate where he lived and knocked three times. "Hey, Daichi?" She called through the door.

"It's me, Asako." She sighed softly, "I just wated to make sure you were ok and everything, especially after yesterday, and IW anted to make sure the pills were helping a bit. If they're not I can perscribe something else..." She took another deep breath, "I also wanted to say I'm sorry, for not, um, for not being more up front about things I wasn't helping things out at all."

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH no one - asako xxx x MOOD sleepy xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING sleepwear

In a strange semi-state of conscious and yet-not, Daichi swore he had heard the sound of there being a knock on the door. He - hadn't really been doing anything, immersed in a semi-reality, trapped in the remnants of something that he could not confirm as a dream or memories. With the second nod, he propped himself up onto his elbows, forcing his mind and senses to hone in on the sound.

By the third knock, he was finally getting himself into some semblance of movement. His limbs felt stiff and sore at the same time, and he reluctantly tossed the blanket off his shoulders. He hadn't planned on getting up so early (who was kidding, it wasn't that early), but he saw no other choice for the moment.

Daichi made his way to the front door, bracing himself against the wall for support as he did so. He felt like he was suffering through one of his worst hangovers ever, though he hadn't tasted single ounce of alcohol the night before. The symptoms were all more or less there though; the headache, the stiffness, the aversion to light. He probably looked like a mess, crawled right out of bed. Hell, he had just crawled out of bed.

"...prescribe something else..."

He hadn't arrived fast enough to catch all the words, and the next few words were muffled through the door. Daichi promptly opened it though, instantly regretting the action as he suffered through the gust of cold air that burst in, in only a sleep tee and his boxers.

"...Asako," he muttered distractedly, rubbing at his eyes with the heel of his palm. If there was any semblance of previous bitterness or anger from the day before, it wasn't showing now. When Asako had finished what she was saying, Daichi lagged in response time. As if realizing a moment later though, that he needed to reply, he raised his gaze to meet hers. "... Do... you mind coming in? It's a bit cold..." He stepped off to one side, to allow her room to enter, really wanting to just shut the door as soon as possible.

Once she'd stepped in, and he'd shut the door, Daichi reminded himself there were things he'd actually needed to answer. "...It's - fine, Asako," he said a moment later, though a part of him said that no, no it wasn't. It wasn't fine. How could this be fine?

"What were you saying again?" he asked, a little more awake. "...You don't need to apologize. You had your own reasons for what you did -that's your own thing-" But just because he said that, it didn't mean he necessarily agreed or accepted it. "In the end though, I'll still figure it out. One way or another ... You realize I can't .. I can't leave things as they are." He rubbed at his bare arm, fingers sliding over the gentle bumps and ridges of scars on his skin.

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

Asako really was cold but she wasn’t expecting to be invited in by him, especially not after what had happened between the two of them. She bitdown on her lip and didn’t protest, just accepted his offer and walked into his house once more. She stood there, unsure of what to do, and waited to get yelled at, or for something along those lines to happen Yet, that didn’t happen at all. She just looked at him and he looked at her and thre wasn’t that connection that was being made. Perhaps it was too soon, and too early in the morning. Heck, part of her still felt kind of numb and her memories were still in tact.

“I was saying I was sorry.” She repeated., a small sigh escaping from her lips as she crossed her arms over her chest and tried to gather up all of her thoughts. She just didn’t know what else to say. Sometimes, such as now, sorry really didn’t cut it. He said it was ok but it didn’t really feel that way.

Of course there was a catch and that came just moments later when he conifmred that he wasn’t going to just let it all go.. He had to know, he couldn’t just leave it be. Of course. It had to be that way. She felt anxiety well up within her chest, especially after spending some time with Uro last night, “I-I understand.” She finally said after a few moments of thinking things over, running a hand through her long black hair. “But Daichi, I would honestly recommend that you don’t.” She looked at the scars and as she stared she couldn’t help but shiver as she went back to that night again. She caught just a glimpse of them for a few moments the other day, but when Arisu was talking her ear off that morning she was sure to grab some medicine to help heal up scars if he had… if he had wanted that. Heck she didn’t know what he would want anymore.

“Here. It’s for the scarring.” Asa said, her voice starting to tremble a bit as she reached into her purse and pulled out the small medicine tube and then handed it out towards him ,only to then see little specks of red starting to show through the sleeve of her shirt. She mentally swore to herself but thought that the less observant daichi would never notice, right? She quickly handed him the tube and then moved her wrist away so he wouldn’t be able to look any closer. “It’s up to you as to whether or not you want to use the medicine to help with the scaring, It has actually started to heal up pretty well.” She reached out towards him with her hand but of course drew back within just a few seconds, not wanting for him to get upset or offended.

“It wasn’t a crash.” She finally said after a few moments of silence. “Those scars on your body are from that night when I erased your memories. When you were in danger, I wasn’t kidding. I didn’t want to tell you…” She took a deep breath as her breath began to quicken and her chest began to feel like there was a thousand pound weight on it. “Dai.. Daichi… he was going to kill you. You need to leave things ” She realized then that she had probably said far too much. She said too much and needed to not freak out. She needed to play things off carefully otherwise it would certainly just get worse from there on out that was for certain. Either way, she was sure of this, she was regretting stopping by there. First, her wrist was bleeding, and she was wearing a whilte shirt (Thanks Uro), second, she spilled the beans on something really big, and third, well, the third was not yet coming but she could only assume that something else was on its way.

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako xxx x MOOD lethargic xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING sleepwear

As the cold air awoke his senses more and more, Daichi found himself thinking that Asako's response was rather ... well, rather subdued, when it came to his assertion that he would do whatever he could to get to the bottom of whatever mysterious ordeal Asako and the rest of these Sohmas were so intent on hiding. The more he thought of it (with effort) the more adamant he became, in that one sole notion. He wasn't going to let things go. He wasn't going to leave things be.

"But Daichi, I would honestly recommend that you don't."

Daichi could not help the wry expression that came to his face. "...Yeah. I figure," he said as he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall. "At least no one will say you didn't try to stop me." He said it like it would be some sort of consolation to her. She certainly did seem to get quite distressed with the prospect of him trying to delve further into the situation. Then again though, Daichi wasn't quite sure if this was because of some sort of reminiscent concern for him, from their supposed days of dating, or if she was just wanting to hide - whatever it was. He didn't really understand why though, that last possibility made him feel so bitter.

"Here. It's for the scarring."

Because it was something of a divergence from what they were speaking about, Daichi took a few moments for the words to properly process in his mind. He looked down at the tube that Asako had offered him, before reaching a hand out to accept it. She seemed to still be going through those ups and downs of emotion, her voice trembling. He could've sworn that he saw something starkly contrasting with the pure white of her sleeves, but she pulled back her arm so fast, his still sluggish mind was incapable of processing it immediately.

Instead, Daichi studied the tube and what it had labeled as it's purpose. He looked down at his bare arms, connecting what she meant it to be used for. Despite the sort of tense and defensive mood he had been slipping into, Daichi could not help but give Asako a bit more of a kinder expression. "...I think this might be a little too late for these," he said gently; they were scars from when he'd left. It was true, they'd been healing more or less alright, but he didn't think they'd ever really all go away.

Daichi looked up at her, noting how she'd seemed to want to touch them; he gave her a bit of a contemplative look. What would he have done if she had actually made contact? He felt an uneasy uncertainty well its way through him. "But - thanks anyways. It doesn't hurt to try," he added a moment later, vaguely thinking that perhaps, his previous statement might've sounded a bit callous. "I'm used to them. It was one hell of a crash..." he meant to say it in a joking fashion, but actually, the more he tried to recall the specifics of that event that had led to all the scars on his arms, the few on his torso - the more difficult it became for him to focus on concrete memories. It was - so strange. They'd just scrapped his bike, that was how bad it had been ruined. ...Right?

But he hadn't even seen it.

Daichi cringed, as he felt some sense of discord snapping through his mind. The sense of - wrongness was making him feel light-headed. He meant to squeeze his eyes shut, to try and force that sense out before it spread through his body, but Asako's next words stopped him.

"It wasn't a crash."

As she continued on with her hesitant explanation, Daichi just stared; again, in the span of less than two days, he felt his entire body go stiff, frozen.

"... Dai.. Daichi... he was going to kill you. You need to leave things."

He stared at her, visibly bothered. Asako must've realized she'd slipped up, because the expression on her face seemed to say as much. Daichi found himself looking at her, then down, unsure of what to do, what to say.

It was dark. Why weren't the street lamps working? An accident could happen at any moment that way ... He gripped bike's....

He gripped the chair until his knuckles were white. It wasn't really that dark - but, if that was the case, why was his vision darkened?

Someone spoke.

Probably the paramedic. Yes, that was it. The telltale uniform, the ...

The sense of fear he felt. He didn't think he'd ever felt like this before. This man was - crazy? Dangerous.

"Stay away from her-"

That was a silly thing for a paramedic to say, he had thought. And what paramedic didn't dress in their uniform? When had he gone indoors too? He wasn't on the asphalt, he was in a chair.

... God it hurt.

In the span of only a few seconds, Daichi felt as if he'd experienced something over various hours. His limbs felt weak for a moment, and if it weren't for the fact that he'd been leaning against the wall, he possibly may have stumbled. Where was this coming from? What was what? Was this the result of his memories being erased? He swallowed, looking down at the carpet on the floor as his head began to pound at a distressing rate; then, without a word to Asako, he turned and headed for the kitchen.

Daichi searched for a glass, and the pills he'd left on the kitchen counter. It took him all of one minute to down the pills; they'd proven their effect the night before. Sighing, Daichi braced himself on the counter; he didn't know what that had been. Two different sets of memories almost, melding into one another.

"...Sorry about that," he muttered a moment later, straightening up when things felt a little more concrete in his mind, not so fuzzy and shady. Daichi took a breath, before turning from Asako for a moment while he tried to just gather himself. He set the cheap kettle he had with water to heat, meaning to make something hot to drink. Moving to the fridge, he realized there was - nothing to eat. He swore to himself softly, before turning to Asako.

"... There was no crash. That's what you're saying? ... Someone - you said 'he' again.. someone did this to me. ....Why?" There was an edge to his voice this time, and he stared at Asako demanding an answer. "What the hell happened?" This - this was going to eat him alive.

"Asako - if someone did this to me, you can't keep it a secret." She said to leave it, and a part of him said yes, that was a good idea, a fear his body knew but his mind could not comprehend. The other part though, that same stubborn part said - no. He wasn't just going to leave things.

... And - there was that red again. That red didn't match the pure whiteness of Asako's shirt. Abruptly, Daichi grabbed Asako by the hand, as if that action would cement him in reality and not in the weird memories that were fighting their way through to the forefront of his mind. Her fingers were so cold. But familiar. ".... There's something on your shirt," He murmured. "...Why? ... What's .. going on with your arm?"

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

Asako couldn't stand to look at him as he said those words. That it was too late. She looked down at the ground as if to hide that fact that it hurt to realize how long it had really been. A year really had passed , huh? The scars were still there ,they were healing. They could try and fix it, but perhaps it really was too late. They could try. But... who knew. She didn't say anything about it and just let the whole thing go. It was best to just do that with some things. After all, if you didn't, if you didn't just let things go they would just get worse, right?

She didn't let things go, he didn't let things go. In fact, both of them began to just delve deeper and deeper into things and the deeper they went the more she realized that they oculdn't go back. It was so scary. Her panic had arisen to another level as soon as it hit her. As sono as she realized that she had otld him that it wasn't a crash. He closed his eyes, cringed, only to then stiffen up.

Him rushing out only made it worse. It was as if Asa's whole entire world started to cave in on her as she dropped her head into her hands and she closed her eyes, trying to take deep breaths and gather her thoughts. damn it , Asa! You idiot! She screamed at herself mentally as she then opened her eyes and lifted up her head only to then see the red on her sleeve looked a bit more severe than before. She lifted it up to see that the bandage was still in tact but that it wasn't holding up at all. Uro had reopened the cuts the night before it would seem.

When Daichi's voice resounded, Asa dropped the sleeve as if it was nothing and turned to look at him once more, her heart beat quickening noce more, especially at his question. "Why?" She echoed. "Because, Daichi, You, You have always had this bad habit of not listening to me. Even when I have told you NOT to do something, you do it anyways. Especially when it came down to the curse." She bit her lip. "That's why I'm so insistent that you stay away. Daichi. I'm afraid that if he hears that you know just the slightest bit about that night he's going to hurt you even worse than that night." Panic was rising within her again, but that was only going to get worse from then on out.

He grabbed her hand and asked her about her wrist, making her blood run cold as her mind rushed back time to the last time they had touched.

" Asa ! No! Listen to me!" He begged her, desperate as the blood rushed down from all the cuts that were on his arms , torso, and even a few that were placed not as deep on his neck and face.

" Asako, I will kill him , Uro continued to persist from the shadows, the tall, pale figure dressed in a traditional outfit said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. She didn't movie. The god tightened his grip on her shoulder. "Erase his memories! Now!" His voice raised as did his anger.

She turned to him, her heart beating fast, "Urochi- Sama, please, It doesn't have to be this way. Please, I know he was out of line." She begged, tears forming in her eyes. "Please. I'll do anything. I don't care what it is. Please, just stop this. Don't hurt him, let him go."

Uro looked at her then looked at Daichi before looking back at her. He raised his hand and then brought it down across her face , with enough force that she went stumbling back a few steps towards Daichi, wincing as she looked back up at him. "I'm not killing him. You should be worshipping me." He said as he raised his chin, looking down upon the two of them. "Erase his memories now, Asako." He ordered again, "Dont' make me repeat myself. Don't make me show how serious I am and actually do it."

She could tell by his tone that he wasn't kidding. Asa turned to him and reached towards him, and he reached towards her, desperate. Their fingers touched, "Asa, please." He begged, voice breaking. "Please... Dont' do this. I- I won't be able to forgive you if you do this- "

She did it anyway

As their fingers touched and he asked her that question, her eyes widened and she yanked away quickly and took a step back. he couldn't forgive her if she did that what if he remembered those words. What if he reembered what he said to her that night. "N-Nothing!" She lied at once, instantly defensive as she covered up the spot with her right hand, not wanting him to see the red any more than he had already. The way she had responded she realized probably made her sound all too suspicious, and she took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves as she came up with a stead fast lie

"I hurt myself on accident a while ago and it must have reopened. I will just need to rebandage it whenever possible." She lied. Accident? What bullshit. Those cuts were so deep and the lines were in solid rows of three it was clear to see that they were self inflicted. The only thing that was an accident was how they were reopened. She hadn't planned to go and see Uro that night.

"I-I'll be right back. I-'m going to rebandage it really quick." she said as she stepped over into the kitchen, placed down her purse and then rolled up her sleeve, and removed the bandages to reveal the angry red cuts, which were reopened and bleeding. Asa looked at them and felt beyond disgusted with herself. Part of her wanted to cry and the other wanted to just finish the job. She turned on the water and put her wrist under it, only to then gasp as it began to feel like it was burning. If only she brought some antibiotic. It wouldn't feel any better but it would be more effective. The cuts were still bleeding even then and she reached into her bag and pulled out the bandages, wincing as she pulled her wrist out of the water and turned it off. As she wrapped the bandages around her wrist, not very well, since it was difficult with only one hand, she tried to think about what in the world she was going to do next with this situation. Uro... would kill him if he found out. Daichi wouldn't stop till he found out, but he was breaking down slowly but surely, even Asa could see that much. But what would she do?

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako xxx x MOOD lethargic xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING sleepwear

"I seriously doubt there's anything worse this mysterious person could do to me, all things considered." Daichi retorted a tad frustratedly. He raised his arms, as if in indication of those very scars. And really, as far as he saw it at the moment, there was not much more - perhaps short of being killed - that could be done that was any worse than what he had already experienced, whether he realized it or not.

Ironically, despite the fact that she had looked like she wanted nothing more than to make direct contact with him only a few moments before, the moment that Daichi had reached out to her, Asako had snapped her hand back as if he was poisonous to the touch.

"N-Nothing!"

She said it so loudly though, that it was obvious enough that 'nothing' was not the truth. Daichi frowned, of course none too keen in leaving things as they were. "That's not nothing then." he replied curtly; for a moment, he was sorely tempted to make some comment about her lack of self care despite being the doctor.

When she retreated, Daichi crossed his arms, watching her progress skeptically. What kind of accident would leave wounds that were bad enough they would bleed through the thick swath of bandages she's wrapped around her arm.

"I-I'll be right back. I-'m going to rebandage it really quick."

When she said that, for whatever reason, Daichi assumed she'd meant she'd go into the little bathroom near his bedroom and pull out the mess of first aid items he'd stored there a while ago. She didn't though. As he thought this, the delicate sensitivity in his mind threatened to return and he was left with no choice but to leave that thought at that, none too keen on having to suffer another headache or discomfort so early in the morning. While Asako scurried away to the kitchen sink, Daichi went to the bathroom, kneeling down with effort to pull out the first aid items stuffed into a basket.

He returned to the kitchen, setting the basket down loudly and pointedly on the counter. "Here. Let me see." When he spoke, it was not a question, it was not a request. It was a command. He leaned his hip against the counter as he took her arm, firmly but delicately. Carefully, he undid the messy job that Asako had been doing, letting the bandages fall to the sink and floor.

"....Asa. What are you ... doing?"

Daichi hadn't expected that. The marks were raw and bright and ugly. Livid. Fresh. For the moment, he forgot about his need to interrogate her on who had attacked him as she had said, in favor of this situation. There was really no way that he could mistake those lines on her wrists as for anything other than what they were. She was hurting herself - no accident about it.

Carefully, with a touch much more gentle than appearances would imply he was capable of, Daichi cleaned up the wounds, before pouring a bit of the antibiotic he'd brought onto it. He went through the process quietly and methodically, not stopping up until he had completed the job, wrapping a new clean set of bandages neatly but sturdily.

Even when he had finished though, he did not pull his hands back. He stared at her arm, and the droplets of blood that painted the shirt, frowning as if in serious contemplation. He didn't want to judge, or make her feel bad. He didn't need to be told to already know she was already extremely uncomfortable as it was. His head was beginning to pulse again ... Was this familiar, or not? What was this feeling?

"Are you alright? You shouldn't.. "

He knew that it didn't really matter what he said. This was not a problem a few words could solve. It was just another to add to the list.

ooc:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out