Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello. I'd like to speak to a transman over PM. Somebody who really knows his stuff about transitioning. Please, I need to know answers. This is very very important and not about me, but somebody I love very much.

**Still not answered. I will note when it has. So as long as you don't see that on here, then I still need help.

Demonic Lover

I'm cis, but do you happen to have a tumblr? There's a lot of trans people there, and many of them are very friendly. I'd definitely try there, too.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Cannibal Girls

I'm cis, but do you happen to have a tumblr? There's a lot of trans people there, and many of them are very friendly. I'd definitely try there, too.

Eh, tumblr is kinda full of morons.

I'd recommend this thread in Lifestyle Discussion: Transtastic
Tuah
Cannibal Girls

Tuah? Hi, its me Mari. I already asked in Transtastic and haven't gotten an answer all day. Kind of desperate here. That's why I'm on my mule. Two avenues to try to get help. I've got nothing.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Cannibal Girls

Tuah? Hi, its me Mari. I already asked in Transtastic and haven't gotten an answer all day. Kind of desperate here. That's why I'm on my mule. Two avenues to try to get help. I've got nothing.

Oh, hey there. Sorry I haven't got any experience with the subject. I'll read your posts and see if I can figure anything out though. I have heard some stuff from other transdudes.
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Cannibal Girls

Oh, hey there. Sorry I haven't got any experience with the subject. I'll read your posts and see if I can figure anything out though. I have heard some stuff from other transdudes.
Thank you. My specific question is "what is the maximum weight a transguy can be in order to safely take testosterone?" I can't seem to get a reliable answer in searching on the net, and I don't currently have a doctor who knows their stuff that I can ask. So I'm trying to rely on the advice that other transguys' doctors have given them.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Cannibal Girls

Thank you. My specific question is "what is the maximum weight a transguy can be in order to safely take testosterone?" I can't seem to get a reliable answer in searching on the net, and I don't currently have a doctor who knows their stuff that I can ask. So I'm trying to rely on the advice that other transguys' doctors have given them.

Ah, yeah, that is out of my area of expertise. I would think it's only a matter of cholesterol though, since testosterone tends to increase LDL cholesterol. Dunno. Sorry I'm not much help. sad
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Cannibal Girls

Ah, yeah, that is out of my area of expertise. I would think it's only a matter of cholesterol though, since testosterone tends to increase LDL cholesterol. Dunno. Sorry I'm not much help. sad
Oh o: no, that's very good information, actually. I've never heard that before. That's really good to know in our situation (this is information for my boyfriend). Now we know to be cautious of that. Thank you.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy
Tuah
Rhythmic Telepathy

Oh o: no, that's very good information, actually. I've never heard that before. That's really good to know in our situation (this is information for my boyfriend). Now we know to be cautious of that. Thank you.

Ah yeah, HDL cholesterol (the good kind) is converted to LDL (the bad kind) during the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which is what really has most of the effects. I forget the measurement for HDL, but I remember the average number for a male was 30, for female was 50, and mine was like 70 or something. So this is what made my endo think I might have a mild form of AIS; I'm not converting much at all. As a result my LDL is the best he'd ever seen.

So I suppose if his LDL is lower than the female average, that shouldn't be a big problem. I do know, however, that estrogen tends to increase one's tendency to get blood clots in the legs, and obesity can increase it farther. Testosterone may not do this nearly as much, but it does contribute. And I'm not exactly sure what a transman's balance of both hormones is supposed to end up as.

I hope that info is helpful.
Tuah

Ah yeah, HDL cholesterol (the good kind) is converted to LDL (the bad kind) during the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which is what really has most of the effects. I forget the measurement for HDL, but I remember the average number for a male was 30, for female was 50, and mine was like 70 or something. So this is what made my endo think I might have a mild form of AIS; I'm not converting much at all. As a result my LDL is the best he'd ever seen.

So I suppose if his LDL is lower than the female average, that shouldn't be a big problem. I do know, however, that estrogen tends to increase one's tendency to get blood clots in the legs, and obesity can increase it farther. Testosterone may not do this nearly as much, but it does contribute. And I'm not exactly sure what a transman's balance of both hormones is supposed to end up as.

I hope that info is helpful.
I'll ask him what his LDL and HDL counts are. Wah it all sounds so scary. I just don't want anything bad to happen to him.

This information you're giving me is so very helpful and making me cheer up because I couldn't find any answers like this whatsoever and now you're providing them and I trust you on it as well.
I'm sure it also depends on the product. Do you have a label you can read that gives you any types of warnings about product use? Usually drugs have warnings on them that tell you important things you'll need to know from what they already know about their product. Any additional ingredients are important to pay attention to as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff