Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pure-hearted Gaian

My most memorable moments were of Lanzer is at Otakon '10.

User Image

And, our group for feedback was just insane so of course, this was memorable as well:

User Image

Man, I do wish I had a video of Lanzer reading the slideshow for Rumble Kitten.
                I just enjoyed listening to him talk, lol. c:

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rabid-Turtle

Omnidrink finally won.

I'll miss the mini comics and the knowledge that at least one founder was still on staff.

I loved that April Fools joke, probably one of the best.
Lanzer and his little G-Pin.
That G-Pin remembers me of him, everytime I see it.
I wonder if I should sell mine for a ridiculous price.
For the Gold I will buy lot's of Rum and make a Toast to him.
emotion_kirakira

Formal Elocutionist

Rabid-Turtle

Omnidrink finally won.

I'll miss the mini comics and the knowledge that at least one founder was still on staff.

One of the best moments on Gaia. EVERYONE seemed convinced it was real.
At the time, it was a laughing matter.
Now what are we supposed to think of it? neutral

Formal Elocutionist

He made the office very fun

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Rabid-Turtle

Omnidrink finally won.

What the ********...

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
He stole the halos, and our hearts.. . . . . bye, Lanzer cry

Fashionable Vampire

I remember talking to him last summer at SDCC and asking about his Asian heritage. It was such a great few minutes.

Plus, the group I was with, we took a group picture with him and Helsing. Fun times.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I think this was one of the nicest pm's I got from him this year. I just turned 4 Gaia years this year, so it was a nice surprise.

"Thank you so much for sharing your story with me, Scobre. Every year users like yourself reminds me of why I love Gaia as a creator and why the job is so rewarding. Yes there are a lot we need to do in order to make things better but I do have faith that the crew can bring positive changes over time. Gaia is nothing without the community, and I hope that you continue to find a connection with all of us. Happy Gaia Anniversary!"

Devoted Member

I remember when I met him in 2k10 at Sakura con in Seattle he handed me two item code cards by accident. And was such a pleasure meeting a pleasant person. That was my last true happy moment of being a member of gaia.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
The thread title makes it look like he died. x_x

While I haven't had direct encounters with him, I think people should remember just how dedicated he was to the site. His work diary thread from back in the day gives a pretty good glimpse at the type of work he used to do. It definitely influenced the creation of the more general dev notices/staff notices that many of us now rely on for exciting site updates.

Toothsome Lunatic

Wait. Is he not around anymore? D: (I just came back from a long hiatus so I don't know a THING about Gaia anymore.)

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Enasni
      Wait. Is he not around anymore? D: (I just came back from a long hiatus so I don't know a THING about Gaia anymore.)
He apparently just left within the last few days.

Toothsome Lunatic

Adnama Lavode
Enasni
      Wow...
      Thats really upsetting... sad

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Enasni
Adnama Lavode
Enasni
      Wow...
      Thats really upsetting... sad

According to FB, where he initially posted, his last day was Friday. But the first news I've seen of it on the site has been here in GCD. No official announcement, and his name is still gold. Most of the site still doesn't know, I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff