Welcome to Gaia! ::

Got a favorite quote, video, pic, memory, or item from Lanzer? Share it here.

"Oh gosh it's been 10 years! A whole decade since Gaia opened! It's amazing to even think that our community had gathered countless around the world, having made tens of millions of avatars, and we've made billions of posts, with hundreds of thousands more being added each day. While more fantastic is the number of friendships that were formed within our community, and even more fantastic is to see the number of Gaia babies that were introduced to me from different couples that met each other on Gaia years ago.

Back in 2003 I would never have dream of writing this message today. Gaia was just a 4 month project from 4 people working in our living room. When I made the site public, Gaia was nothing special. It was nothing more than a forum with avatars. But very soon Gaia started to take shape. With every user who joined the site and claimed themselves Gaians, they started chatting with each other and forming a strong community. Soon the community knew what exactly Gaia needed and asked for all the features that would make Gaia complete. In no time our little forum expanded wide and deep, having everyday chatter to the deepest of intriguing discussions. The Gaia community became alive and vibrant, then with steady growth we became the largest forum around. It's not until you guys are here that I finally realized that we have something amazing here, something special that will last for a long, long time.

I have only you to thank for making Gaia the special place that it is today. Our team will continue to be creative, to bring you surprises yet keeping up with requests and feedback. It's a tall order to keep up with the need of millions of Gaians all with different needs, but we're still up for the task because making you guys happy is the best reward for us all.

Happy 10th year anniversary everyone!" ~ Lanzer, Wed. Jan 9, 2013

Divine Muse

I remember finding out how he created a special application for his cell phone to let him know if Gaia went down, even if he wasn't at home.

It's hard to match that kind of dedication these days. He ate, slept, and breathed, Gaia.
I wish him nothing but the best in his future, he's certainly earned that much.
Bloody hell, this thread make it seems like he died.
Emisel
Bloody hell, this thread make it seems like he died.
blaugh
It says Memorable ["worth remembering or easily remembered, especially because of being special or unusual"]
not Memorial.

Indomitable Bro

i'll never forget the rejected olympics comic, that one panel where he was smoking like 4 cigarettes at once. rofl it still cracks me up even now

thanks lanzer!! gaia was a formative part of my early teens and i still enjoy it now as an adult. i hope life treats you well, wherever you're going! heart

i'm gonna miss him, gosh

Original Survivor

I'm surprised he stayed this long after selling it off, it must've been painful for him to witness first hand the crap that has been going down these past few years.

Never really spoke to him, got him to answer some question during the old AtA's. Found out nearly everyone there has a 3DS and wanted to talk to him about that but never replied. XD

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
I wonder if he will still come back to Gaia from time to time as a regular user or if he just wants to forget about the whole thing because of what this site has become.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

True Manticore
I wonder if he will still come back to Gaia from time to time as a regular user or if he just wants to forget about the whole thing because of what this site has become.

I'm actually positive that he'll still drop in every now and then because Gaia was his baby for so long, but people probably won't ever know it. He's always been a rather silent figure.

I want to know if he has mules. Part of me wants to believe he does.

Thread contribution: My favorite memory of Lanzer is when I actually saw his real life picture for the first time. I was all like, "OMGFAISE". My recall for everything else is s**t, but there were moments in '03 and '04 that made me stalk him for a while. Wish I had more than that. xD

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I remember thisss

Mysterious Trickster

I met Lanzer in person a few years back, at Otakon. Real genuine and down to earth guy. It's sad to see him leave, but I hope for nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
Fukii

I'm actually positive that he'll still drop in every now and then because Gaia was his baby for so long, but people probably won't ever know it. He's always been a rather silent figure.
I want to know if he has mules. Part of me wants to believe he does.
Thread contribution: My favorite memory of Lanzer is when I actually saw his real life picture for the first time. I was all like, "OMGFAISE". My recall for everything else is s**t, but there were moments in '03 and '04 that made me stalk him for a while. Wish I had more than that. xD
I think you're right.

That's cute, you stalked him for awhile. ^_^
Back in 03 or 04, the community was so small, I guess. I didn't join till 08.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Omnidrink finally won.

I'll miss the mini comics and the knowledge that at least one founder was still on staff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff