Welcome to Gaia! ::

“Dances? Football games?!” Ashleigh said, eyes wide again. She nearly dropped her fifth breadstick. “Social events at the prep school were awful. Kids trying to have a daddy competition of whose daddy bought them the biggest, newest thing. I hated it. We should go to at least one event of each sporting team.”

“One event of each team? That’d be crazy. I mean…this school has to have at least fifteen teams – give or take.” Martin stared at her incredulously, working on his third slice of pizza and his second breadstick. “I’m sure one of us could get into a party though. They’re not really my thing…but eh. I go to one every now and again. You know, actual parties.” As if there were any kinds. When Martin saw that Hanna caught him smiling, he made sure to look away and tried not to stare at her. She was so cute sometimes.

“I bet we could.” Ashleigh agreed. “Hanna, you and I could go to a party together! I know you might not find it fun…I just think it’d be great to have you there. Make up for all the times we missed, you know?” She dusted the crumbs off her hands. “Things are going to be so awesome. I’m just so excited we get to share this together. We’ll even get to graduate together!” She nearly squeaked.

Martin knew they could graduate together, sure. College would be a different dilemma. The three of them would end up going to different places due to money and simply because of their different aspirations. The thought was lonely. He didn’t want to think about being separated from Ashleigh or even Hanna yet. They had plenty of time before that. “I don’t remember her ever being that excitable. Do you?” He asked Hanna, merely joking.
                      Angry Hippo
                      “The football games are the only games that are really worth going to.” Hanna told her. She'd go to the others if Ashleigh just really wanted to, but the others weren't as fun, and even then the football games weren't that fun in her opinion. The parties were fun though, well at least when you went to the right ones they were. She made a mental note to let them know the next time she was invited to a party.

“Some of them are fun. Just depends on whose party it is.” she told Ashleigh with a smile. She couldn't help but be excited with how excited her best friend was. They'd finally get to do stuff together during a school year when people were still in town, and not on vacation. They'd get junior and senior year together. It was going to be great. Her eyes shifted to Martin when he spoke again. “Nope!” she agreed, picking up another slice of pizza.

When the waitress came back they'd ordered more bread sticks, and they were on the table in no time. After another fifteen minutes spent eating and talking about the social events that went on at the school it was time to get back to campus. Hanna left their car and went to her locker to get her books before heading to class. Class was boring, and before she knew it was time for gym, her least favorite class. It wasn't so much the physical activities, but more the teacher. Coach Shadis was a little.... intense, and loud. Man was he loud. He was a nice enough guy, but very short tempered.

She made her way into the gym and her eyes went to the white board that was attached to the wall with the day's activities written on it. Some days they didn't suit out, and the board was how you knew if you needed to go to the locker room, or if you should just find a place to sit in the bleachers to wait. Written in large letters on the board is the word “sub”. On days they had subs, they weren't given assignments. It was more of a free period. Shadis didn't like them doing stuff while he was gone. She figured it was that if someone got hurt, he wanted to be there to yell at them for getting hurt.

Hanna headed for the bleachers. She climbed to the top and dropped her bag and books next to her, sitting down and leaning against the wall. There were many others toward the other end of the bleachers, but she wasn't friends with any of them. Now, all she had to do was wait for any of her friends to show up. In the meantime she pulled out her phone to play a game.
                      - - - - -
                      Lunch detention was absolutely stupid. He understood the after school detention, but was it really necessary to hold him hostage and force him to eat what they liked to think was food? No. It wasn't. He'd been glad to escape that hell, and go to his next class. Never had he thought he'd be happy to leave lunch, but damn.

His class seemed to fly by, and as the bell rang he packed his s**t and headed for the gym. PE wasn't the best class, or his favorite. Shadis was a d**k, but at least he had a few friends in that class and talking wasn't going to earn you detention. As he walked in he glanced at the board. A sub? Sweet. This day was /definitely/ getting better than it started. First he'd gotten a hot new girl's number, and now he didn't have to deal with Shadis. This was amazing. His eyes scanned the bleachers for any of his friends, but saw no one he usually hung out with. Hanna was already there, but as she usually was on free days, she was on her phone, probably playing a game or something. He didn't know. He only really knew her because his best friend was friends with her. She was more Eren's friend than his.

“What's up?” he heard from behind him turning to see Eren.

“Shadis isn't here.” He told the dark haired boy.

“Sweet.” Eren grinned, before walking with Jean toward the bleachers. They ended up sitting toward the end of the bleachers away from the door, though they couldn't get to the very end, as there was already another group of kids sitting there, chatting amongst themselves.
                      “I just say once. Only once. That way I can get a feel for it. That is it.” Ashleigh wouldn’t go to another one after that, even if she did like it. She wouldn’t do that to Hanna. Plus, say she did like it, she would end up going by herself to save her poor best friend and brother from that kind of torture. Between the two of them, they polished off the other order of breadsticks (making sure to share the best they could) and went talking on about the different things that the school had to offer. Ashleigh hated to go, but she didn’t want to be late to all her classes today. Two was bad enough.

Class seemed to drone on and on for her. That was the least exciting part about the experience was the class; whereas, Martin seemed to thrive in the learning environment. He loved learning. Now he wasn’t the stereotypical nerd where he studied often. He just enjoyed learning new things that he didn’t know before. It was only certain classes like history and science. Those were the two classes that he enjoyed. Math might have been another one. It depended on the teacher and learning environment. Him and his sister had the same class together before PE.

They walked in together, confused by why everyone was gathering on the bleachers. “Oh, a sub…What does that mean?” Ashleigh asked.

“When in Rome…” Martin shrugged. “I think I see Hanna. We should move before the bleachers fill up too much.” He started to climb them and felt like he could fall between them at any moment, even though the gap wasn’t astronomically large. It was just odd and he didn’t know if it was even safe to sit on the death contraption. The way it moved and creaked was concerning. “So. What does a sub mean?” He asked, sitting in front of Hanna and facing her fully. He didn’t care if he was sitting the wrong way.

“It means, I’m going to ******** die on this thing…it’s so damned slippery. My boots don’t have any traction.” Ashleigh hesitantly climbed up higher and higher, concentrating on each move she made. She didn’t need to have any nasty spills and get a concussion her first day. When she made it, she sat next to Hanna and crossed one leg over the other. “Someone better carry me down…” She joked.

"Better question though -- what normally happens in gym?" Ashleigh asked. They had gym. Sort of. The prissy, fancy version of gym where no one did anything.
                      Hanna hadn't been paying attention to what was going on around her until she heard a familiar voice. She looked up to see Martin sitting one row below the row she sat on. He was facing her. Before she could even answer his question her eyes shifted to Ashleigh as she spoke. She was coming up the stairs very slowly. Finally Ashleigh sat down next to her, claiming someone better carry her down. Yeah, as if that would happen. “It means we have a substitute teacher today. Shadis isn't here. So its a free day. Some of the guys will probably play basket ball, there will be a group of girls over there.” she motioned toward the front of the bleachers at the bottom. “That will sit there and chat and do their make up and hair. And everyone else will either walk around the gym, some people may play hand ball, or sit here and talk and do homework.” she explained.

“Normally when you come in what we're doing for the day will be on the board. Most days we suit out into our gym clothes and do some sort of exercising. Sometimes we play games, sometimes we just run the track. It depends on what kind of torture Coach Shadis is in the mood for that day, really. It's not usually too bad. But he is kind of loud and intense.” She shrugged. She didn't mind the man. But then again she'd never done anything to get on his bad side either.
                      - - - - -
                      “So did you text that chick yet?” Eren asked leaning against the railing that was in the middle of one of the sections of stairs.

“Nah. Not yet. I'll do it tonight sometime.” Jean said shrugging. There was no sense in seeming too eager to text her. Besides with how most of the teachers were on his back that day, there was no point in risking getting his phone taken up during class.

A few more people tricked in slowly, and finally the bell rang. The sub showed up, shutting the door behind him. It was the usual man that watched the class. He went into the office and wheeled out the rack with assorted sports balls on it, before taking a seat just outside of the office door. “Basket ball?” Eren asked beginning to pull everything out of his shorts pockets, putting his phone, headphones, wallet and other assorted things in his hat.

“Yeah, sure.” Jean said beginning to dig into his own pockets to drop everything he had in his pockets into Eren's hat as well. They then shoved the hat behind their backpacks and climbed off of the bleachers heading for the rack of assorted balls. He grabbed one of the basket balls and passed it to Eren as a few other guys approached them asking to join them. After a bit of discussing it ended up being a four on four match.
                      “Sounds like a pain in the a** to me.” Ashleigh said, examining her nails. “Girls do their make-up and hair in the gym? That seems pretty lame, even by my standards. If you don’t look good when you leave the house, you shouldn’t even bother. You dress to last.” Her eyes trailed off, thinking she had caught someone who looked oddly like the hot punk she had seen in english. She looked watched in curiosity. Oh my, it was him. He was going to play basketball too? “Guess I should go see those girls and help them with their make-up.” She instantly moved her way down the stairs and plopped between a group of girls. “Hi, you don’t know me, but I’m Ashleigh and I will be joining you today.” It helped her be closer to the floor so she could watch that punk guy run around. Maybe get a good view of his booty.

“Didn’t she just say that that was lame?” Martin inquired, shaking his head. “I don’t understand her sometimes. So, what do you plan to do with your free time? I have some science homework we could work on together. I have a few extra assignments to do since I joined the school year a month in. It’s not too big of a deal to me though if you want to just chill.” He said with a little smile. “Anything new in your life? It’s not like we really got too deep into conversation during the gaming sessions.” He chuckled, remembering how the two of them used to stay up late on a school night to have a gaming marathon. Her and Ashleigh may have been best friends, but he talked to her more because of the gaming. “I heard your dad get on you that one night. Did he really take away your system?” That had been a week ago and he wasn’t quite sure how that all panned out. Considering he hadn’t seen her online, he had to assume so.

Silently, he pulled out his homework from his backpack to begin working on it. “I guess I know what I’ll be doing tonight, eh?” He laughed.
                      “Oh no. They do their make up and hair in /every/ class. Hanna corrected. Each of them had a layer of make up that was at least an inch thick on their faces. It was awful. They didn't look bad per-say, but they were trying waaaayyy too hard in her opinion. Yet part of her wondered what they looked like without any make up on at all. She probably wouldn't even recognize them. “Oh um. Okay.” Hanna said as Ashleigh then got up to go join them. What a weirdo.

She shrugged it off though. Ashleigh was often a walking contradiction to herself. “Um. I have some homework I could do.” She answered Martin when he asked what she planned to do in their free time. “Yeah. Sure. I can help.” she smiled when he spoke of some science papers he had to do to catch up in the class. “Not really.” she replied when he asked about anything new in her life. There really wasn't much exciting happening in her life. She laughed some, rubbing the back of her neck when he brought up the night she got caught still up. “Yeeeaaahhh....” she said embarrassed that he'd heard some of it before she'd gotten her headset turned off. “ Yeah. For a month.” she told him. “I got lectured all of the next day after school too. Something about needing to spend more time with my friends.
                      “ she shrugged. She did what she was told. She'd just went and hung out with her friends, but in the end, they always ended up playing video games. So really it wasn't too bad. She'd just been playing games with her friends in person rather than over the internet.
                      - - - - - -
                      “That girl over there is checking you out.” Eren said jogging over to Jean, though he wasn't paying too much attention to the girl, as they were still in the game. They were going to eight, and so far it was tied at six.

Jean wiped some sweat from his forehead. “Yeah? She hot?” he asked curiously not wanting to look yet, because it would have been totally obvious if both of them were looking at her.

“She's pretty hot. Looks kinda familiar. I think I've seen her somewhere before.” Eren said not quite being able to pinpoint where he'd seen the girl before, but he was almost positive that he had. “Don't know where though, so don't ask.”

“Wasn't gonna.” Jean said with a smirk. “Get back to the game.” he said as the ball came their direction. He caught it, and passed it to Eren before the other guys could surround them and block any hopes of shooting they had.

Swish.

Eren shot and it was nothing by net. In this moment of pause, Jean turned to look to see what girl Eren had been talking about. That was when he saw her, the girl from his English class. So they had gym together too? Bad a**. He smirked at her before returning his attention to the game. They only had one more point to make before the game was over. It would take him that much time to figure out if he wanted to go talk to her when they finished, or if he wanted to make her come to him if she wanted to talk to him before he texted her later. These were the questions that plagued his mind as he moved with the other boys to make the winning shot.

Upon winning, he and Eren high fived. “That's the girl from my English class.” Jean told him.

“You gonna talk to her?” Eren asked.

Jean shrugged. “Nah. I think I'll wait. If she wants to chat, she can come to us, or wait til I text her later.” he said and Eren nodded. Jean followed Eren to the water fountain, waiting for his friend to finish getting a drink, before he leaned over getting one of his own. The two then returned to where their stuff was on the bleachers.
                      Trashy. Ashleigh could tell these girls were trashy by how much make-up was caked on to their faces. She disapproved so hard. Some of them didn’t look half bad, but that didn’t mean they looked good either. “I think you all need some hardcore make-up tips and I’m just the girl to give them to you.” She said distractedly, not even noticing the ugly looks she had been receiving.

“Oh my God, I think Eren is looking over here.” One of the girls said. Ashleigh dubbed her Raccoon because of her eye make-up. It had smeared a bit. “Isn’t he hot? I knew he’d look at me someday.”

Ashleigh thought he was kind of hot. There were several boys here that were fairly hot and she lit up when the guy from her English class turned back, smirking at her. She leaned her elbow against her knee, palm against her cheek as she gave him a fond smile. Was that just his way of messing with her? It still made her wonder why he had never texted.

“What is Jean looking at?” Another girl asked. She kind of looked like a parrot with her bright makeup, Ashleigh thought. “It can’t be at the new girl….but I wouldn’t be surprised. You don’t want to get involved with him, Sweetie. He’s hot, sure. The longer you get to know him, the more of a loser he becomes. He tries too hard. Also, last night he totally got arrested for being involved in some insane s**t.”

“Arrested?” Ashleigh asked.

“Totally. No one knows why. I hear it was bad. Drugs maybe. Hardcore drugs.” Parrot said.

“I see.” Ashleigh wondered if that was just rumor or if he really had gotten arrested. She studied him as he walked the opposite way. That didn’t change a thing. She had rumors about her that weren’t true.

====

“Awesome,” Martin said, trying not to make the conversation too awkward. He only talked to her fully over some sort of gamer chat about video games. It was never about life or what was going on. That was one topic he had a hard time with – at least with her. Any part of him that wanted to subtly find out more about her was instantly squashed. If he did that and pried too much, she might find out what he really wanted or even that he liked her. It felt wrong to have such a crush on her. She grew up with them like a sister. Despite not being related by blood, his feelings sometimes got overwhelming. It was the hormones, his dad would say. Maybe he just needed a better way to vent all these feelings? “Yeah, I get that.” He noted just how thick the awkward air was; it was almost suffocating.

He started to laugh a little too hard at that. “Uncle Frank always knows how to go overboard, doesn’t he? You have friends. You just spend time with them differently, is all.” Leave it to him to take away everything. “My dad thinks I spend a little too much time gaming too. I mean, I used to be in all of these fancy clubs with titles just to please him…it was just lonely. I didn’t like them at all. It’s not like my grades are bad though, y’know.” Martin shrugged.

“Okay, don’t tell anyone…but I think I want to join a sports team. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now.” He admitted out of the blue. “I was going to join one back at our old school. I’m kind of glad I didn’t. I didn’t want to be in that army of douchebags.” He guessed he just trusted her enough. “Plus, I’ll be doing something productive…” Martin didn’t sound too sure of his decision. More or less, he didn’t know what team he wanted to join. Was sports team was good for an angry teenager?
                      Hanna couldn't help but feel awkward. She wanted to talk to Martin, to know more about him. The last time they'd really had a conversation that wasn't about games was when they were kids. That was a long time ago. They'd both changed greatly since then, grew up. She didn't know much about him anymore. But she didn't want to press things too much. She wasn't sure what would happen if he found out about her crush. Would that make things completely weird? Would he even still talk to her? She didn't want to think about it.

Her brows quirked some though when he spoke. It was going to be a secret. He was telling her a secret! This was great. Wait. What? He was thinking about joining a team? “It looks good to colleges too.” she added. “What sport were you thinking?” she asked curiously. Would it be something at least slightly fun to watch? She'd totally want to go to his games, but she didn't want to be completely bored to death.
                      - - - - -
                      “So what happened last night dude?” Eren asked handing Jean his stuff that had been dropped into his hat, beginning to put his own things back into his pockets, returning his hat to his head.

“Some bull s**t. Paul called me asked if I could come get them, that they were at the school. So when I get here, they tell me to get out of the car and come hang out. They were tagging the wall near the tennis courts. I'm there maybe five minutes, and the police show up. They all book it, and I got caught on my way back to my car. They arrested me. Now I have detention for the rest of the semester with Zacharius and he's making me join the poetry club and enter some stupid writing contest. I'd rather be expelled.” He told his friend as he put his stuff back into his pockets “It's bull s**t. My mom bitched all the way home from the precinct, and bitched all morning. I've also gotten about twenty texts from her today too.”

“That blows.” Eren replied taking a seat. “Are you grounded too?”

“Yeah. For a month minimum. Dad told me if I cooperated and 'straightened up' it would only be a month. If I didn't, then it'd be longer. But still that's a month of straight home after detention, and they're locking my keys in the safe when I get home. I only get my car to come to school and go home. I have detention during lunch too.”

“Gay.”
                      “Yeah, I imagine it would.” Martin bit his lip a moment and thought about what sport he wanted to join. “Definitely not anything like football or basketball…but does your school have a soccer team? I—“ he trailed off, wondering if he ought to admit that the idea of joining a contact sport exhilarated him. “Well or something more contact…that isn’t football.” He had enough sense to know that he would die. Wrestling was a no go either. Nothing turned him off more than the thought of rolling around with someone in skin-tight suits on a filthy, damned mat. Part of him wondered if his father would approve of him joining a contact sport or if he would be impressed. It was hard to tell with his father. “Since you’ve been going here longer, I bet you could help me with that. I just want to keep it a secret for now.”

It kind of was cool to at least have a secret with her. It wasn’t like it was too big of a deal or anything; he doubted she’d even find it to be a big secret. At least they could share that. Opening his notebook, he filed between his science book and that to try and answer some questions. “You know, when we do labs, I hope we get to be partners.” Martin added, not even bothering to look back up at Hanna. There was a little smile that played at his lips while he wrote down something that looked illegible. Despite going to a fancy school, it didn’t mean his writing was great. Ironically, his hand writing was a lot better than Ashleigh’s. Hers was like an old, dead language that needed to be deciphered.

Ashleigh came right back up the bleachers, having gotten the hang of the slippery surface. “Those girls aren’t so bad once you get to know them. They just need help…so much help.” She smiled weakly, still thinking about what they said earlier. Now she was curious and she didn’t know if she ought to personally ask him about it if they ever got to know each other. Wait, why was she thinking ever? It was obvious he found her attractive. He had to. He just hadn’t made the move yet and she refused to make any more of a move. She guessed it was a waiting game then.

From that point, the rest of the day seemed to drag on. Ashleigh wondered if the last class of the day would always drag on like this or what. She had a ton of homework too, all because they joined a month into the school year and it was so unfair. At least she had a full week to work on it – which only meant everything would friggen pile up. She hadn’t seen Hanna since gym and wondered if the girl wanted to come over on Friday and hang out like they used to. That or she’d just randomly show up at Hanna’s house to visit.

“We gotta wait for Michael. I think Dad would be pissed if we left without him.” Martin stated.

“I say he finds his own ride. He thinks he’s a big boy now; he’s fourteen…” Ashleigh shrugged, staring at her phone again to see if she had been texted. Nothing.

“You deserve Sister of the Year.” Martin laughed.
                      “Yeah...” she said when he asked if they had a soccer team. They had a team or a club for just about everything. They even had some sort of outdoor gardening and nature club. But she didn't belong to any of the club. She didn't want to spend more time at the school than she already had to. But he went on to ask about contact sports. Contact sports? She'd never pegged him as the kind of person to be into them, but now that he'd mentioned it, she could see it. “We have a lacrosse team.” she told him. “Our science teacher coaches it.” She told him. She nodded some though when he told her he wanted to keep it a secret for now. “Your secret's safe with me.” she told him with a smile.

Her smile only grew some when he changed the subject, talking about their science class and how he hoped they ended up lab partners. He wanted to be her lab partner? This was amazing to her. She didn't figure he would have had an opinion on who he'd lab partner was. But knowing he wanted to be partners with her was great. “Yeah. Me too.” she said agreed, looking away from him trying to wipe the stupid smile off of her face as Ashleigh came up the stairs to rejoin them.

Soon PE was over, and they were all going their separate ways to their next classes. Class was boring, and Hanna found herself daydreaming about Martin, barely even paying attention. The bell ringing pulled her out of her dazed state. She quickly wrote down her homework and packed her things leaving the class. She made her way through the masses of people just standing around talking, toward her locker. She stood at her locker for a good five minutes trying to figure out what she needed to take home for homework and what she didn't. Finally she got everything she needed and shut her locker. By this time the halls were more clear than they were before. She hoped Eric was already outside waiting for her at the car. She didn't want to have to wait for him. He would be walking home if she had to wait for more than five minutes for him.

As she walked down the hall, she heard a banging noise followed by the sound of someone asking for help. She slowed down. What was that noise? The banging happened again. And she stopped completely. Was someone in a locker? Had the football douches shoved some freshman in a locker again? She sighed waiting for it to happen again before she found which locker it was. The locker had no lock on it, and she opened it to see Michael. “Hanna!” he said flying out of the locker to hug her. “I am so glad to see you!” he said before stepping back. “Ashleigh shoved me in the locker when I found her after school. I was just going to walk with her to the car, and then the next thing I know, she's calling me a loser and shoving me in the locker.” he frowned. “They probably left me here.”

Hanna couldn't help but laugh some though she felt bad for the kid. He was a freshman, AND the new kid. That must have been awful. “Do you want a ride home?” she asked still chuckling.

“Yes, please.”

“Come on. I'm parked out this way.” she pointed in the direction of the door she had been heading toward before she'd stopped to help whatever kid was in a locker. She began walking again and he followed after her. In no time they were at the car, and Eric was already standing there waiting for her to get there and unlock the car. She unlocked the car, and put her books in the backseat next to where Michael climbed in.

The drive to the gate community that her friends had moved into wasn't too long, but she definitely wouldn't have liked to walk it if she'd been Michael and had been left at school. “What's the code?” she asked rolling her window down as they pulled up to the key pad that would open the gate.

“204863” Michael said. He said and she punched it in as he said each number. She watched as the gate slowly retracted and granted them access.

“You going to have to tell me how to get there and which one it is.” she reminded him. She'd yet to be to their new house since they'd moved. They'd only been there a few days, and she hadn't even bothered to go see them, figuring they'd need time to unpack and get settled in. Michael did as he was told and told her which streets to turn on, and finally they were pulling up in front of their house.

“Thanks Hanna.” he said getting out of the car.

“I'm gonna go to the door with you.” she said getting out. “Be right back.” she said to Eric before shutting her door. She walked to the door with Michael and she rang the door bell. It was only when Issac answered the door that she spoke. “Uncle Issac! I found something. I think it belongs to you.” she said stepping to the side to let Michael go inside.
                      Martin was determined to check out the lacrosse team. He decided he would check that out within the week. Sure, their science teacher was a little intimidating but he seemed like a good teacher and a really cool guy. He didn’t know what he would be like for a coach though. Probably hardcore. Not that, that had mattered much to him. “Well, Michael is late…So we’re going to leave.” He went all the way home and went in the house the back way to avoid his dad entirely. If his dad found out they left Michael, they would get their asses hand to them. When their dad got into his parental moods, he was scary – even by his standards.

“Look at you, leaving your brother.” Ashleigh laughed, having been instigating the entire time. She felt good once they had gotten home. She followed Martin through the back door. There were still boxes around from what they hadn’t gotten unpacked. The family had only moved in just several days ago. Her mom had put a good majority of it away, minus what she handed off to the maids to put away. Ashleigh’s room still had boxes in it. She had only gotten out maybe half of her clothes and some of her personal items. It seemed too tedious to unpack right away. The duo went up to their rooms which were at opposite ends of the hall.

Issac had heard the back door open a few minutes before, assuming that his kids had come home from school, didn’t bother to say hi, and retreated to their rooms. When the front doorbell rang, he opened the door and stared down at his youngest, along with Hanna. “Hey,” he offered with a grin, ruffling Michael’s curly, brown hair. “Let me guess. They left him at school, didn’t they?” Yeah, he wasn’t too happy about that. “I appreciate it. You want to come in for a bit or do you need to get home?” His golden eyes peered out to the car, noting her brother inside. Ah, if he stayed in the car, she must have been heading home. “Probably best anyway. Doubt you want to be here when I yell at Martin and Ashleigh.”

“Ashleigh shoved me in a locker too.” Michael said casually, rushing inside the door. “Thanks again for the ride, Hanna!” He waved to her excitedly and rushed off.

Once the door was shut, Issac sighed. “Martin Theodore Belmont! Ashleigh Rose Belmont! You two better get your asses down here right this instant.”

Ashleigh cringed. It was only when parents used your full name that you knew s**t hit the fan. It wasn’t like she hadn’t expected him to get mad…she just didn’t expect that both her and her brother would get a stern talking to that involved looking out for Michael, making sure he got home from school, how disappointed he was in the two of them, and that they were grounded for a few days. The grounded part came straight out of left field.

“And your phone too, young lady. For putting him in a locker.” Issac said, holding his hand out.

“Dad, no! I need it…” Ashleigh said. What if hot punk guy texted or called?! “I met someone today who was supposed to help me with homework.” She lied. “I have a bunch to do because we came in to the school year a month late. Look. I’ll give up anything else but my phone.” The way her dad looked at her, she was scared he might think her lie was a load of bull. He then softened and she sighed in relief.

“Fine. Get up to your rooms and do your homework.” Issac said, sighing in exasperation.

Martin just shook his head, giving Ashleigh a look. He then slammed his door behind him as he retreated to his bedroom.
                      She thought about it for a moment before noticing Issac's eyes shift to the car. Oh yeah. Her brother was in the car. She nodded some when he stated it was probably for the best that she didn't hear him yell at her friends. “You're welcome. Anytime.” she told Michael when he thanked her again for the ride. With that, the door shut, and she turned to return to her car and head home to do her homework and attempt to entertain herself without her console.
                      - - - - - - -
                      Detention sucked. Majorly. After detention he reluctantly got in the car and made his way home. He'd only just walked in the door when his mother was meeting him at the door. “Keys.” she said.

“Hello to you too. My day was great, thanks for asking” he said as he placed the keys in her open hands. She said something else to him, but he'd already made his way out of the entrance way and toward the hall ignoring what she said. He spent his time before dinner with his headphones on, and music blasting doing his homework. It was only after dinner that he remembered he'd gotten that hot new girl's number. It was around eight, and he popped the case off of his phone to get the number out. He sat with feet up on his desk, the number in one hand, phone in the other. He took the time to save her number before opening the text window.

/To: Ashleigh

/
                      He stared at the empty box for a long time, trying to figure out what to say. Finally he gave up on trying to think of something cool, or smooth to say. The text ended up being simple, and lame, but whatever.

/Me:
                      Hey./
                      Ashleigh was lying on her bed, staring down at her pile of homework and sighed. Grounded and tons of homework to do. It sucked. At least her dad didn’t take her phone. Not that it mattered since the hot punk guy hadn’t texted her and she doubted he ever would. As soon as she tossed her phone off to the side, she heard her text ring and gasped. It was probably Hanna. Sometimes Hanna texted her, but she had to check. She scrambled off her bed and went to fetch her phone.

She didn’t recognize the text number and the text only said ‘hey’, so she wondered if that was him. It had to be, right? Instantly she giggled like a school girl, thinking about him. She barely knew anything about him, but he was so damned hot. Through giggles, she typed a text back to him.

/To: -number-

Hey. So you know, just realized. Never got your name. Unless you wanna be hot punk in my phone. smile /

Ashleigh hoped that was him; otherwise, she would be embarrassed.
                      ===

In the other room, Martin was sitting on his floor. His back was propped against his bed. His dad hadn’t taken away his game system because he wasn’t as bad as Ashleigh. He was fooling around with some game while nonchalantly doing his homework. He dropped his controller boredly and picked up his phone, staring at it. He scrolled through his contacts, deciding to call Hanna. As it rang, his heart started to beat faster. Why was he calling her again? He had to think of a good reason because he didn’t want to be calling her for the sake of calling her. That was lame. It wasn’t even like they were dating or super close.
                      Hanna had finished her homework fairly quickly, and right before dinner she'd gotten a text from Connie seeing if she wanted to hang out. So after dinner she got permission and ended up going over to his house to hang out. As usual Connie ended up challenging her at a game. She didn't know why the by insisted on getting his a** kicked, but she wasn't going to complain. They'd already played a few rounds and were on their fifth when her phone rang. She didn't even look at the screen before answering it, and holding it between her face and her shoulder so that her hand wasn't tied up. “Hello?”
                      - - - - -
                      Jean sat boredly at his desk, flipping through the channels on his tv, though the sound was down low and he was also listening to music. He tried to keep his mind off of waiting for her to reply to his text but when his phone buzzed he instantly picked it up to read the text. He smirked and laughed to himself some

/To: Ashleigh

I'm okay with that (;
                      but it's Jean./
                      He nearly had a heart attack when he heard her voice on the other line. His heart was thudding violently against his sternum and he swallowed hard. “H-hey…” Martin said, trying to act as casual as possible. Hearing her talk, he barely had the courage to say what he had planned out in his head. No, he couldn’t p***y out now; he had to be a man. “I just had a s**t ton of homework and thought maybe I could talk to you about it…or you know, just talk to you.” He tried the last part hesitantly, hoping his voice didn’t break when he had uttered that last phrase. Ashleigh was the smooth one; he was the dorky brother, he felt like. Why was it just so hard?
                      ===

Jean. That was his name. So was it Jean as in like the pants or the French variation? God, now she wanted to know; she didn’t want to incidentally mispronounce his last name. She decided she’d stalk him a bit and find out. Easy peasy. She saved his name in her phone through giggles and texted him back.

/To: Jean
                      Don’t tempt me I just might
                      what are you doing right now anyway?/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out