Welcome to Gaia! ::

This has happened to me lately and that is, trolling. Getting on peoples nerves on towns and nit picking and their personal appearance and other things. In my opinion these people need to get a life. From just talking to two individuals on here they said it was a social website. Talking to people and communicating as well as having public forums like this one is one of the definitions of a social network. Now I would love some feedback on what you think Gaia is, is it a social network or a trolling website?
Practically anyone can use this website so you're going to come across the good and the bad.

Timid Explorer

I feel like gaia is a train wreck.

Festive Hunter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
ummm gaia is a forum?
(which you're posting in a forum)

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

gaia is what you make of it.

for some it's a game, to others it's glorified pixel barbie dolls, and others consider it a place for posting and interacting with others. It can be an escape or a format of harassing others, it can be a dreary or colorful place, but that depends on the user.

Or all of the above?

At first I thought you meant trolling as in a place to scrounge about for sex, not scriptkiddies and bored idiots yankin yer chain.

Green Combatant

To this day, I still consider the GD the most trollish forum on the site. I haven't stepped foot into that forum in a long, long time for that reason.

I haven't been in Town long enough, either, to really see if that's also a high place for trolling.

I think it really depends upon where on Gaia you peruse. I visit areas that feel more socially enriched than troll-provoking.

Magic Hobo

Neither

Gaia is a dating site

Perfect Saint

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Neither

Gaia is a dating site
WRONG! It's an RP and Gaming site! talk2hand blaugh emotion_0A0 emotion_eyebrow emotion_dealwithit
Have an issue with trolls? Block 'em.

Tenacious Informer

Just depends on where you hang out. GCD is pretty civil. Friends Chat is also pretty civil. The roleplay forums and most of the guilds (the active ones, anyway) are pretty decent.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Myrielle
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Neither

Gaia is a dating site
WRONG! It's an RP and Gaming site! talk2hand
it used to have that feature.

But on the topic depends who you talk to and where

Magic Hobo

Myrielle
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Neither

Gaia is a dating site
WRONG! It's an RP and Gaming site! talk2hand blaugh emotion_0A0 emotion_eyebrow emotion_dealwithit

The only thing that Gaia seems to be able to consistently produce is an unthreatening, quasi-anonymous environment where people can get to know each other based on interests, values, personality, and taste. The main tangible positive outcome that has repeatedly come out of this? Relationships.

Gaia is probably the best dating website out there, tbh.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

isn't gaia just irl but with you being hidden under an image and a name, and you can choose to use that anonymity to either be a lil s**t, or, not to be a lil s**t.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
In the words of our good Narumi...
Quote:
One of the things that makes Gaia unique, and one of the things I personally love about the community, is the fact that everyone is different. Gaia Online is a community of all walks of life, whether that be physical differences, personality differences or age, it doesn't matter. Gaia Online is equally a community of trolls, and a community of caring, and it is most certainly a community not afraid of speaking its mind.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ehh...it depends on where you usually hang out at, I think. Different parts of Gaia have their own culture.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff