Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Combatant

With all the newer items shifting towards the more pastel color palette, I'm finding myself preferring some of the older items better. More specifically, the older collectibles and gold shop items. Does that make me an outcast since lots of the newer items are less appealing to me?

It could be due to the fact that so many items are out there now I just can't find myself grasping what truly is there. But what I do see are lots of pastel items, which I'm personally not keen towards. I adore lots of the recolors of gold shop items, but when it comes to making outfits, I find myself leaning back on older items. Nostalgic reasons, perhaps?

What about you? Older or newer items? A little bit of both? How does the pastel color palette appeal to you?

EDIT: I've had several ask me to define what I meant by "older" items. By older, I mean 2003 - ~2007/8, which can also include the earliest evolving items.

Raider

Hmmm... I can understand why you'd feel that way. Personally I've never been too fond of the older items, but my thing is I like the super cheap "starter" items to work with my outfits. Everyone's got a thing. Currently the shirt I'm wearing is from a starter outfit and cost 5 gold and I love it.
Me, personally, I love pastel-y colors and creams and cute, so these new items are awesome to me. Except for the fact that y'know I'm poor and can't afford them.User Image
Most of my items are old. All I ever wear.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Newer items are more well done than older items, that's all that matters to me, colors are irrelevant to me.

I have preferences but I will take the newer items we get in any color over the older items, they aren't as well done for obvious reasons.

Green Combatant

Wasteland Survival Guide
Hmmm... I can understand why you'd feel that way. Personally I've never been too fond of the older items, but my thing is I like the super cheap "starter" items to work with my outfits. Everyone's got a thing. Currently the shirt I'm wearing is from a starter outfit and cost 5 gold and I love it.
Me, personally, I love pastel-y colors and creams and cute, so these new items are awesome to me. Except for the fact that y'know I'm poor and can't afford them.User Image
That's understandable. A lot of the new items are ridiculously expensive! I do agree with you on the cream colored ones; they're one of the few newer colors I like. I'm still baffled they're considered more valuable than quite a few 2003 collectibles. But when you re-release things like that, what can you expect?

And that's great you're utilizing a starter shirt! I don't see many avatars who use them, whether to avoid a stigma or they don't care for them. Either way, I commend you for not being shy sporting a starter item! 3nodding

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
I like both the old, and new items. I wish they would use some more of the older colors on newer items. 3nodding

Green Combatant

Vatista
Newer items are more well done than older items, that's all that matters to me, colors are irrelevant to me.

I have preferences but I will take the newer items we get in any color over the older items, they aren't as well done for obvious reasons.
That is a good point you mention. Quality has definitely gone up compared to lots of the older items, I will agree with that.

I just wish that same quality would translate into the gold shops every now and again besides just the Loyal's Bazaar. I don't have access to the shop at this point in time. I hope there'll be another gold shop update in the near future, but given the direction the site has been going towards, who knows how long that will be.

Fuzzy Explorer

age doesn't matter as long as it looks good

Green Combatant

Darc Nightgale
I like both the old, and new items. I wish they would use some more of the older colors on newer items. 3nodding
I would like to see that, too! I've noticed there are quite a few oddball colored items that just don't seem to go with anything. I think the older purple colors would be a good example of that. Looking at all the newer purples now, it seems like the older purples were all over the map as far as hue consistency is concerned! I've also seen a couple of shoes that have a unique color to them that I've yet to see match with anything as well.

Green Combatant

Slick Spiderbro
age doesn't matter as long as it looks good
Well said! emotion_yatta Especially considering matching is a big deal to some, it's always nice to see when one can mix and match older with newer items. It's something I try to do, especially with items that have nostalgic value to me.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Kelti
Darc Nightgale
I would like to see that, too! I've noticed there are quite a few oddball colored items that just don't seem to go with anything. I think the older purple colors would be a good example of that. Looking at all the newer purples now, it seems like the older purples were all over the map as far as hue consistency is concerned! I've also seen a couple of shoes that have a unique color to them that I've yet to see match with anything as well.

It's sad that I see newer items that I like, but the color doesn't match my outfit. I miss the yellowish/ gold on the older items compared to new gold that they use now days.

Green Combatant

Darc Nightgale
Kelti
Darc Nightgale

It's sad that I see newer items that I like, but the color doesn't match my outfit. I miss the yellowish/ gold on the older items compared to new gold that they use now days.
Same here for me. There've been a couple of occasions I bought some of the "newer" items I really liked, just to find they didn't go with anything I had in my inventory! x_x I'm with you on the old gold/yellow. Can't find too many of those that match well. A lot of the new yellows are super tinted.

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
I really love the ninja headband, but it's already too expensive. sad

Tipsy Genius

I tend to prefer newer items, mostly because of the style/quality but also because of the thematic trends. And I'm a big fan of mods, so.

Event with old items I'm super fond of (the Jacked-Up Shirt and the DJs, for instance), I wouldn't hesitate to trade them for newer, improved versions.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Personally I mix 'em up.

I can only see decent abs items in 2 of our older items (Shadowlegend and Secret Retreat). I haven't seen any other decent items for it except those 2.

I like the quirkiness of the older stuff. I wish they decently recolor The Experiment and Gro-Gain.

But I do love the variety of new mods in the new stuff.

(Now if they can do a selective amputation item, I'm happy as a kid in a carnival)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff