THIS.
I couldn't agree more... crying

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PVT Fuzzy
I hate how expensive everything is now. Wild things used to be like 40k for example.
We also receive a lot more gold from Gaia than we used to get, so I suppose it's a bit of give and take, but we also have rampant inflation too.

Thirteenth Unicorn

[Oh man, does anyone remember the movies? Where you'd put up a youtube playlist and there were popcorn emotes and stuff?

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
CherryblossomGoodbye
sailorstar165
CherryblossomGoodbye
sailorstar165
CherryblossomGoodbye

Okay so I just updated myself on the storyline. XD I wouldn't say Edmund is hiding, more like just trying to help Gino.

Ah, ok.

One of these days I should read the storyline, but I'm so behind and at some point I kinda stopped caring.

Remember when Ian seemed to be at the center of everything? xd

rofl Yeah, I just kept thinking "poor Ian". Stuck in the middle of a race war, stuck in the middle of an assassination attempt, just stuck in the middle of everything.

I get the strong feeling that Ian was based off the person writing the story (or at least was that person's favorite character) because it seemed like everything was introduced through him getting into the middle of it.

Yeah... but those storylines were actually interesting. And in color.

Oh definitely. And a lot more fun.

And who can forget poor Ian's cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOO" when Sasha kissed Gino?

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
JesskaEspy
[Oh man, does anyone remember the movies? Where you'd put up a youtube playlist and there were popcorn emotes and stuff?

I remember those! I had one full of AMVs, but it kept breaking every time Youtube deleted one of them. crying

Fuzzy Kitten

JesskaEspy

THAT"S GONE?? I just started again last week so I don't know what is still here.

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
sailorstar165
CherryblossomGoodbye
sailorstar165
CherryblossomGoodbye
sailorstar165
CherryblossomGoodbye

Okay so I just updated myself on the storyline. XD I wouldn't say Edmund is hiding, more like just trying to help Gino.

Ah, ok.

One of these days I should read the storyline, but I'm so behind and at some point I kinda stopped caring.

Remember when Ian seemed to be at the center of everything? xd

rofl Yeah, I just kept thinking "poor Ian". Stuck in the middle of a race war, stuck in the middle of an assassination attempt, just stuck in the middle of everything.

I get the strong feeling that Ian was based off the person writing the story (or at least was that person's favorite character) because it seemed like everything was introduced through him getting into the middle of it.

Yeah... but those storylines were actually interesting. And in color.

Oh definitely. And a lot more fun.

And who can forget poor Ian's cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOO" when Sasha kissed Gino?

rofl Those old ones were great.

setsuna_PT's Husbando

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
I miss Gaia Theater where you can hurl stuff on the screen. It was stress busting

Familiar Shapeshifter

18,300 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
Skitles items granted from the theatre... Pie war... Also when zOMG had only few maps and looting orbs was a pain in _____, but super fun since there where friends playing.

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PVT Fuzzy
JesskaEspy

THAT"S GONE?? I just started again last week so I don't know what is still here.

Yeah, they got rid of those a while ago. Shame, too. They were a lot of fun

Thirteenth Unicorn

CherryblossomGoodbye
JesskaEspy
CherryblossomGoodbye
JesskaEspy
CherryblossomGoodbye
JesskaEspy

[Hmm.. I don't recall that, must've been during my hiatus then.

Why would they even try to change the name of the shop? gonk I can't believe that was an actual thing. Let us have a small bit of nostalgia, even if you're going to blow up the entire thing and have it rebuilt. emo

Oh, speaking of rebuilding, I remember the Save Our Shops thing when the tax season came around, and all the stores got makeovers.

[That's what I was thinking. For the most part, change can be a bit disliked here in Gaia. I think they shouldn't have even tried to change the name, nor blow it up!

I'm not completely against change, like the whole shop makeover gives it a fresh look. But don't change the name. That'll just confuse people. I'm not sure I agree with the whole 'blowing up' rather than just renovating either. I guess it kinda worked with the storyline at the time, but... ugh.

[Don't get me wrong, sometimes change can be very good! But it has lead to some disastrous events in the past *cough* inflation *cough*. I dont know about the whole blowing up thing, I wasn't actually here for it, and it was just what I gathered from what you wrote sweatdrop
But yeah, changes should make things easier, not more confusing or harder to comprehend. I think it was downright sneaky to put the "gcash" button where "mygaia" was, purely because that's the button we clicked the most. I'll give em credit for it though, it was smart.

This hyperinflation is just awful. Oh I didn't realize you weren't here for that, sorry. Yeah, the store was blownup as part of the storyline while Edmund was away with Gino. I don't think they ever mentioned if he knows about his store yet or not. It would be hilarious if they'd do like a mini-comic or something when this is all over with Edmund standing outside his shop going "what the..." XD

The layout of the menu bar changing with no warning was slightly annoying. I still click on the gaiaonline link in the top left corner just to get the daily chance that's still on the 'used to be home page'. I used to like glancing at the 'featured announcements' thing with the scrolling bar. At least it gave me some insight into the announcements before I clicked on it.

Which brings me to another point, remember when there was only like 1 announcement a day? I signed in the past couple days and I was at 10. This is ridiculous. And they all had to do with the gaia cash shop.

[Hyperinflation made a lot of the site features pointless. Like most of the games, and zOMG! I used to love that game! I used to keep up with the comics, but at some point I got so far behind I stopped caring, so I haven't a clue what has happened.

And I think there was a site alert for the bar changing, but last I checked not everyone got those. And yeah, I don't know why they took that off as the homepage. It has a lot of info on it.

And yes, I use bettergaia to load all the announcements at once and just skip the ones with recolours, or bundles, or general cash shop stuff I don't care for. I only use announcements for free grants or event details really. They have too many cash shop announcements! I'm worried I'll miss something actually important becuase it only gives you 10 announcements in the notifications

Magic Hunter

15,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
*gasps!* Ye guys actually have me year..! emotion_kirakira Dude.. some people I've met have said 2010 was old-school! emotion_facepalm They're all like: "Remember 4 years ago? OMG! That was oooold!" Then there's me: "Um.. I remember when I joined, I was ten years YOUNGER than I am today.."

.................I suddenly feel really old....oldmeisold
emotion_8c

Thirteenth Unicorn

PVT Fuzzy
JesskaEspy

[Yeah, it is! I came back about a month or two ago, and honestly everything looked the same (except for mp prices). I realised it had gone when I saw an option for "playlist" while changing my profile and then discovered that the movies were gone!

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
JesskaEspy
[Hyperinflation made a lot of the site features pointless. Like most of the games, and zOMG! I used to love that game! I used to keep up with the comics, but at some point I got so far behind I stopped caring, so I haven't a clue what has happened.

And I think there was a site alert for the bar changing, but last I checked not everyone got those. And yeah, I don't know why they took that off as the homepage. It has a lot of info on it.

And yes, I use bettergaia to load all the announcements at once and just skip the ones with recolours, or bundles, or general cash shop stuff I don't care for. I only use announcements for free grants or event details really. They have too many cash shop announcements! I'm worried I'll miss something actually important becuase it only gives you 10 announcements in the notifications

I stopped playing zOMG when the notice went around that they wouldn't be adding any other features to it as far as the storyline went. That's really what holds my attention on rpg type games. Once I beat the storyline, I stop playing. =w=;

I just click really fast through the announcements and go off about the site. I don't even bother looking at them. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff