Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Fisher

Mega Metagross
MarigoldMari
Egg and chicken or pork gyoza.

what brand?
I've never had good gyoza before.
its always mushy. Dx
The brand is Shirakiku (or something similar, I just checked). Its an already cooked freezer aisle version. You can pan fry them at the same time you're cooking your ramen really quick to make them crispy instead of boiling them with your ramen ^.^ but if you boil them with your ramen I find this particular brand takes on the taste of the broth making it extra tasty. This brand also only gets mushy if you cook it in water for too long, but cooking it with your ramen is fine.

Luminous Spirit

Mega Metagross
Silently Wishful
            Hot Sauce. I put that (stuff) on everything.

I love Hot Sauce!!! <333333333333
Or sometimes I jsut cook it with jalapeno peppers

And if the night is burning
            I will cover my eyes
            For if the dark returns
            Then my brothers will die

I adore hot sauce. If I don't have any in the fridge or pantry, I cry. For the longest time when I was in school, I use to carry a bottle of hot sauce around because the school's condiments were crap.

And as the sky is falling down
            It crashed into this lonely town
            And with that shadow upon the ground
            I hear my people screaming out

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mega Metagross
Teeth_HM
egg, all the seafood thingies in a commercially available hotpot

I WISH MY FRIDGE WA ALWAYS STOCKED WITH SEAFOOD.

I HAVE SIMILAR DREAMS, MY FRIEND

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mega Metagross
Enchanted Blue
I like adding an uncooked egg and letting it poach in there or silken tofu. Sometimes I'll add the thinly sliced beef brisket that you put in shabu, though I only add that to the better quality ramen.

I like putting tofu in things, but when I put it in ramen it never tasted right to me for some reason. D :

Do you use the silken tofu?

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Enchanted Blue
Mega Metagross
Enchanted Blue
I like adding an uncooked egg and letting it poach in there or silken tofu. Sometimes I'll add the thinly sliced beef brisket that you put in shabu, though I only add that to the better quality ramen.

I like putting tofu in things, but when I put it in ramen it never tasted right to me for some reason. D :

I think it's regular, well I use two types of tofu,
one where it's already a giant square and I cut it into smaller squares
and the other just looks like lumpy cream and I squeeze the bag in.
(but I never used the last one in ramen.)

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
MarigoldMari
Mega Metagross
MarigoldMari

what brand?
its always mushy. Dx
The brand is Shirakiku (or something similar, I just checked). Its an already cooked freezer aisle version. You can pan fry them at the same time you're cooking your ramen really quick to make them crispy instead of boiling them with your ramen ^.^ but if you boil them with your ramen I find this particular brand takes on the taste of the broth making it extra tasty. This brand also only gets mushy if you cook it in water for too long, but cooking it with your ramen is fine.

I will try this brand! Ty. biggrin

Adorable Fisher

Mega Metagross
MarigoldMari
Mega Metagross
MarigoldMari

what brand?
its always mushy. Dx

I will try this brand! Ty. biggrin
You're welcome!

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mega Metagross
Enchanted Blue
Mega Metagross
Enchanted Blue

I think it's regular, well I use two types of tofu,
one where it's already a giant square and I cut it into smaller squares
and the other just looks like lumpy cream and I squeeze the bag in.
(but I never used the last one in ramen.)

Ahh the one I'm referring to is the kind you usually find in miso soup. It's smooth and soft.

Aged Girl

In my ramen,I use premade Jamaican curry powder, garlic tomato paste and, sea salt.

Sometimes, i'll add chopped veggies such as peas/carrots.

Aged Girl

And speaking of ramen...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Mega Metagross
MarigoldMari

what brand?
its always mushy. Dx

were the gyozas you tried steamed or fried? Gyoza shouldn't taste mushy if cooked right (I once tried making steamed gyoza but it ended up mushy because I let it sit in water for way too long), no matter which brand.

on topic, I usually tend to eat my ramen plain with just the seasonings and some chives, but if I feel like going out of my way to adding ingredients, I'll add some Korean nori and tofu to it.

Hygienic Streaker

depends on what's in the house, sometimes a can of some kind of mixed veggies or some sliced beef or chicken. I love hard boiled egg and a little siracha or sesame oil. I got this bottle of miso concentrate that you add to water and I put some in a packet of original and it was really good.

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I almost never make ramen, but when I do, I often had a cracked egg, some frozen shrimp and chopped mini bok choy. It's delicious. 3nodding

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea I like dropping an egg into my chicken ramen, or putting kimchi in my pork ramen. So tasty. emotion_drool

Liberal Fatcat

I throw in some teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, various spices (including a little bit of the seasoning packet) after draining the noodles and pan fry it in butter. If there's leftover veggies or meat, I'll throw it in or prepare a fresh meat quick.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff