Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Coming awake immediately, the woman snatched out a hand and caught the man's...boot? Blinking, a little confused, she peered up at the man, just barely catching what he had said. Her cheeks flushing, she let go and sat up straight, knowing what he said to be completely true. "Well...thanks to you now, that won't happen. not that they'd find much on me to steal." She'd rather not think about the kidnapping part, though. Lifting a hand to smooth the slight tangles of platinum blonde hair around her leopard ears, she tried to seem a bit more composed. "Are you enjoying the festival?" She asked the man, wondering if he might indeed be the thief he referred to after all -- who knew, she didn't know a single person here.

Peaceful Faun

15,915 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
Hkiwi Jay Kyshigi

Hkiwi notices the bruises and cuts, immediately wanting to help. "I haven't been in a battle yet. I didn't want to get my clothes dirty." He says, slightly embarrassed. His tail swishes and relaxes again as he looks around. "The festival is sort of boring for me. Well, the exception of hanging out with you and the light show over here." He attempted another smile but it came off weak.
((I'LL TRY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ART THINGER.))

Demitri let out a small laugh, "Well, you've done a good job at keeping yourself safe, then." She smiled, her gaze returning to the sky.
The fireworks were absolutely gorgeous, and she didn't want to miss a minute of the show. "Aww, that's sweet. It's fun hanging out with you, too."
She twiddled her thumbs as she watched the sky, waiting for the next bang.

[What should the art contest be for? Maybe a drawing of the hill/firework show?]

Feral Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Heckler 50
Demitri Vita

Demitri let out a small laugh, "Well, you've done a good job at keeping yourself safe, then." She smiled, her gaze returning to the sky.
The fireworks were absolutely gorgeous, and she didn't want to miss a minute of the show. "Aww, that's sweet. It's fun hanging out with you, too."
She twiddled her thumbs as she watched the sky, waiting for the next bang.

Hkiwi let out a small laugh. "I guess so." He looked up at the sky, watched a sparkling firework shoot off and explode into a bright purple spray, lighting up the sky. "Well, anyways, I'll let you enjoy the fireworks, I'll be off. I work at the art booth down in the festival, they can't see me slacking off too much, you know?" He said, standing up and brushing the grass off of his legs before he left. "Nice talking to you, Demitri!"

Lightbringer

The man didn't seem particularly bothered by having his foot being held hostage temporarily. He retained his balance while the resting woman regained her waking senses, then brought himself back to a normal stance when his appendage had been liberated. "All in a day's work." He responded in a joking manner, yet with a humorless tone. With her question, he took a moment to absorb the sight of the exhibition. The hill provided a decent view of all the people and structures. Though, given the chaos, it was hard to really pick out one thing from another. "It is an interesting little event." He commented. His legs burned and ached for rest, and yet he still did not allow himself a seat. "I could do without warring factions, however. What has you so weary amongst this scuffle, if I am not intruding on bitter matters?"

Syra-Rose

Peaceful Faun

15,915 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
Hkiwi Jay Kyshigi

Hkiwi let out a small laugh. "I guess so." He looked up at the sky, watched a sparkling firework shoot off and explode into a bright purple spray, lighting up the sky. "Well, anyways, I'll let you enjoy the fireworks, I'll be off. I work at the art booth down in the festival, they can't see me slacking off too much, you know?" He said, standing up and brushing the grass off of his legs before he left. "Nice talking to you, Demitri!"

Demitri rolled onto her stomach and watched Hkiwi stand up. "Aww, alright. I might go visit you later! Bye!"
She waved and watched as he disappeared down the hill. With that, she turned onto her back and continued to watch the fireworks, alone once again.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Leaving her hair alone to fix and smooth the robe she wore, she smiled to herself, as if there was something funny about his question. "I...end up in temporary comas every now and again." She told him quietly, shrugging her one bare shoulder as if it wasn't a big deal. "And then jet-lag, and a refusal of being in the hospital after ward so here I am.... 'taking it easy'." They way she spoke of it made it clear there was quite the story to tell, but her expression suggested she was being more polite than anything in answering. "Any ways - the fireworks are lovely! Why don't you have a seat?" She asked him, moving over a nudge so there was room by her tree for him too.

Lightbringer

Someone that forsook their health in pursuit of matters better left alone. A smile crossed the man's features again. The distant look in his eyes suggested that he was only paying partial attention to her, however, with his mind wandering somewhere in his memories. He offered a polite bow at her offer, then fanned out his cloak as he took a seat. Beneath it he wore a plain, white, short-sleeved shirt, and slacks to match. His boots were a similar color to his cloak, and in equal or worse shape. He was definitely someone that spent a fair share of their time on the road. For a moment he said nothing, merely watched the distant bursts of colorful, sparkling light. "I have never watched a fireworks show before." He then said. "The concept never captivated me like it does for most others. They seem so mystical and tantalizing, and yet they are nothing more than a tube of colored explosives." As he said that, a hail of red and green sparkles lit up the sky. "But when you relinquish everything you have ever been taught, and stop worrying about the true nature of what they are, they become something that no great feat can ever hope to match in its display. The tallest tower, the strongest being, the largest ocean, all of it dwarfed in grandeur by light in the night sky."

Syra-Rose

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

My, doesnt he have a lot to say. Truly, this man seemed to speak in a way that wasn't quite like anyone else she'd heard...and the condition of his clothes hadn't been lost on her either. Wondering what he might actually do for a living, she watched the sky for a minute more. "So, then, are you captivated now? Or in awe? or is this the sort of inner struggle you have all the time?" Perhaps it was a little early to tease the poor man, but he seemed a little at odds with his own opinion - so far he'd simply stated facts, albeit pretty ones.

Lightbringer

He took another moment to ponder. The various lights reflected off of his clear glasses, making an interesting display of their own. "I am not particularly taken with the sight, no. Not that I am attempting to belittle the efforts of the ones putting on the show, though. I am merely used to such displays in varying natures. But for someone of questionable health to make such an effort to be in a place as unwelcoming to the frail such as this, I do not think it a wild guess that you are here for reasons beyond watching the show."

Syra-Rose

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Glancing from the sky, now going dark after a recent, huge explosion of light, she looked to him, wondering if he was paranoid or what. She hadn't collapsed or anything...she'd just been busy, ze? Still, it made her chuckle. "When I said 'taking it easy', it's not far from the truth. And the festival just looked so...inviting, after so much trouble recently, that I thought it'd be nice. My fatigue be damned -- though I regret not getting any food before coming up here." She admitted, feeling foolish again for not thinking ahead - or not too straight. "I don't like big city fireworks...I don't like displays that show ads or brands.....but here it's just right. The glow from all these lanterns, the petals and leaves amok in the wind, and the brightest blossoms burning in the starlit sky above......I find it very appealing." Turning her head fully to look at him, she gave him a smile. "My name's Selenia, by the way. What's yours? And why are you out here?"

Lightbringer

The man pulled a travel bag off of his back. It looked plain, but sturdy, and was probably in better condition than anything else he owned. He dug around in it for a moment, then set something on the ground wrapped in white cloth. "Half of a loaf of bread, a quarter of a wheel of cheese, and a baked potato." He had nothing more to say on the matter beyond the contents of the wrapping it seemed. His gaze didn't seem to waver from the sights straight ahead - it was quite likely that he wasn't all there. "Erimhe. I'm just passing through while heading elsewhere. I'm tired, though, and needed a break."

Syra-Rose

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

She hadn't meant for him to offer food....she'd been rambling, really. But refusing what was freely offered was considered rude where she'd been brought up. "Th-thank you...but, are you sure? What of your next meal? If you're on the road, you should save as much food as you can..." She pointed out, taking her turn to be concerned about him. Erimhe? What an odd name...

Dangerous Partier

14,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Contributor 150
*Waking from her daze, Cryptum rolls onto her back. She was a tad bewildered, attempting to figure out where she was.*

"Guh, what time is it?"

*She searches the surrounding skyline to determine the time. Thinking at first it is the early morning, with the sun rising, but finds the sun is in the wrong place and dropping.*

"What, how was I asleep all day?! I've missed out on all the festivities!"

*Grumbling to herself, she finds she is holding a slip of paper.*
User Image

"Seems I've drawn in my sleep again. At least it is of the pretty tree I was under."

Lightbringer

"It is rare that I don't come across an inhabited area that won't share food for some labor in return, and the land is bountiful to those that want to look for it." Erimhe responded simply. "Life is not as harsh as others might think it to be. Nature is kind to those that seek to survive, or else its various creatures would not thrive as they do. The society we see would not have reached its pinnacle of being able to beat each other senseless in amusement were it not so." The way he spoke was strange. He was not particular old by any stretch. His features, while worn, suggested a man hardly into his thirties. Why he seemed so somber in a way was anyone's guess. For all he let on, he might simply be worn out and a bit cranky for it.

Syra-Rose

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Mulling over his words for a bit, she finally gave in and pulled the bag a little closer. She only took a piece of cheese, and a piece of bread, wrapping the rest back up for him. "Thank you, Erimhe...I just wish I had some way to repay you. Perhaps our paths will cross again someday, and at that time I will have more to give." Her stomach growled even as she nibbled on a little of each in turn, wanting to make it last instead of horking it down in one go. Later on she would find something with meat, but her cravings aside, she truly was grateful for such a generous person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff