Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Genius

9,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Syrus Renegade
May 'o4... I remember how cool i thought the stylish charcoal winter jacket was... 10k at Edmund's store... Those were the dayz

They were, they were 3nodding

Space Girl

18,775 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm from '03 and I've always been a lurker.

My first good item was the Lunar Cowl. It didn't go with anything, but I wore it anyways. Still have it!

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Old Fart here. :3 '06.

Edit: My first "big" [for me!] item was the Black Album. I had just watched Death Note with a friend and couldn't believe I could afford it. 20k gold, or something? Whatever it was, it was a lot at the time, especially to someone with very little Gaia Gold.

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

My first "good" item was a Katana, and I just worked for it.

I joine din 06 BTW, think that makes me an oldbie User Image

Anxious Cat

17,125 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Sparkly Explorer

Old fart alert. I just came back after years of inactivity and am totally confused by the weird inflation. Can anyone offer any insight into it?

Graceful Lightbringer

23,950 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I'm from '06, and though I wouldn't call it a golden age, I did enjoy myself very much when I first joined.

My first "good item" was my Gwee the Dragon! The friend of mine who introduced me to Gaia gave him to me as a welcome present, and I've had him ever since. Though I suppose in those days, my first unobtainable dream was my Kiki Kitty.

Ah yes, quest threads...I quested for a year and received a significant amount of help to get that kitty!

Jamie's Significant Otter

Trash Champion

04 user checking in.

WHERE DID THE TIME GO?!
gonk

I think the item I loved was the Red Wine Pimpin' jacket. xd

Witty Genius

9,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Summertide
Old fart alert. I just came back after years of inactivity and am totally confused by the weird inflation. Can anyone offer any insight into it?

Inflation my friend, inflation. :c

Witty Genius

9,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
[Hazy Kasumi]
I'm from '06, and though I wouldn't call it a golden age, I did enjoy myself very much when I first joined.

My first "good item" was my Gwee the Dragon! The friend of mine who introduced me to Gaia gave him to me as a welcome present, and I've had him ever since. Though I suppose in those days, my first unobtainable dream was my Kiki Kitty.

Ah yes, quest threads...I quested for a year and received a significant amount of help to get that kitty!

Id have to say from 06-10 was the Golden Age. haha

Vermillion Shapeshifter

I've been around since August '07, but I lurk mostly. My first good item was either the Grunny from a donation letter or Cloud. I was also very excited when I was able to afford the Trick or Treat Tote.

Witty Genius

9,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Blood-Splattered Sundress
I've been around since August '07, but I lurk mostly. My first good item was either the Grunny from a donation letter or Cloud. I was also very excited when I was able to afford the Trick or Treat Tote.

I think the cloud was my 2nd or 3rd nice item. I loved it sooo much. whee

Shy Stalker

*bows* I'm from '07. Gaia has changed a lot from those days, hasn't it?

My first good item was a gift. Demonic Anklets. I adored them so very much.

Shirtless Capitalist

January 04 Gaian, although I've switched accounts.

First item I actually quested hard for was horns of the demon, it was 80K then.
Things have changed so much, some things for the better, some for the worst. Things I don't like aside, I love the artwork gaia is creating now. The standard of pixel items, backgrounds, illustrations have improved to much over the years.

To more years of awesome stuff!

Mega Nerd

Kiki Kitty Plushie.

I got it through learning how to vend, because it had risen to the absolutely insane price of 206K.

Not only do I still have it, it's still my favorite item on Gaia, and it's a rare occasion when my avatar doesn't have it equipped.

It wasn't a golden age, there was still plenty of inflation, but it was at a saner pace. Now? I wouldn't have stayed on Gaia if things then were like they are now. Back then you had at least a snowball's chance in hell of earning enough gold without opening your wallet to get the items you wanted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff