Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

Wholly Deserving of God
DUTTENHOFER
Wholly Deserving of God
I can say "Remember when the Turks invaded Bulgaria" and it would be accurate.

If you can find a Central or Western European country or satellite that didn't send sailors to the Americas, your point will hold. But you're too busy protecting the image of a benevolent European than paying attention to the image of a subjugated non-European. One is much more consequential to human value. Unless...
In my example I was referring to the initial genocide, not the colonization. I apologize.
I think they're both entirely equal to human value. As a human being who happens to be an ethnic european, I don't think I should forget that I exist out of someone's view of human value.
You don't get it. I'm saying your point about "Not all Europeans" is not important as the point about "A bunch of dead/enslaved non-Europeans". If you want to reassure me that you care about human value, then you should probably offer more to a discussion about colonization and genocide than "I didn't do it".
That's not my point, that was an example expressing a certain diction. The point is broader than that and you'll find it in the thread title.
DUTTENHOFER
Wholly Deserving of God
DUTTENHOFER
Wholly Deserving of God

If you can find a Central or Western European country or satellite that didn't send sailors to the Americas, your point will hold. But you're too busy protecting the image of a benevolent European than paying attention to the image of a subjugated non-European. One is much more consequential to human value. Unless...
In my example I was referring to the initial genocide, not the colonization. I apologize.
I think they're both entirely equal to human value. As a human being who happens to be an ethnic european, I don't think I should forget that I exist out of someone's view of human value.
You don't get it. I'm saying your point about "Not all Europeans" is not important as the point about "A bunch of dead/enslaved non-Europeans". If you want to reassure me that you care about human value, then you should probably offer more to a discussion about colonization and genocide than "I didn't do it".
That's not my point, that was an example expressing a certain diction. The point is broader than that and you'll find it in the thread title.
Your point is to avoid making a false equivalence between your sentiments and the reality of European expansion because then you'd have to admit you're avoiding the latter because you care more about the former. ∩(︶▽︶)∩

Mega Friend

wow what a controversial opinion op!!!

Familiar Sailor

Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

talk out of your a** more please
Tuaiq how many times do you have to embarrass yourself before you learn?

teach me your ways enlightened master!!!!!
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

Familiar Sailor

Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

typical of an egotistical enlightened liberal

W0TD4F4CK's Wife

Fuzzy Pup

Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

Didn't you just get out of rehab? lol

Familiar Sailor

BURZERK
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

no it's been a couple weeks 3nodding
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

I'm not a liberal, I'm liberated.

Familiar Sailor

Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

I'm not a liberal, I'm liberated.

good job literary genius

W0TD4F4CK's Wife

Fuzzy Pup

Tuaiq
BURZERK
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God

You wouldn't understand.

Then quit talkin about people who clearly know better than you do, ya little crack head.

Winner

i get that europe is not a big homogenous blob, but there were several european nations ******** around in the americas for quite some time. england is the most obvious in the united states, but spain and france were pretty major players too. i'm pretty sure italy and portugal and germany were here and there. i know for sure there was at least one significant swedish officer fighting for the united states during the revolution, i would be surprised if he was just here by himself.
i guess a lot of central/eastern europe didn't get involved?

Familiar Sailor

BURZERK
Tuaiq
BURZERK
Tuaiq
Wholly Deserving of God
You wouldn't understand.

Then quit talkin about people who clearly know better than you do, ya little crack head.

no it's ok, i'm just feeling things again. the fog is lifted. razz

Dangerous Lunatic

humanie
i get that europe is not a big homogenous blob, but there were several european nations ******** around in the americas for quite some time. england is the most obvious in the united states, but spain and france were pretty major players too. i'm pretty sure italy and portugal and germany were here and there. i know for sure there was at least one significant swedish officer fighting for the united states during the revolution, i would be surprised if he was just here by himself.
i guess a lot of central/eastern europe didn't get involved?
Exactly that last bit. But this thread is really about all usages of "Europeans" when in fact someone is referring to a specific group or state in continental Europe.

Dangerous Lunatic

Wholly Deserving of God
DUTTENHOFER
Wholly Deserving of God
DUTTENHOFER
Wholly Deserving of God

Your point is to avoid making a false equivalence between your sentiments and the reality of European expansion because then you'd have to admit you're avoiding the latter because you care more about the former. ∩(︶▽︶)∩
This thread

"hey ever1 pls use correct terms while referring to populations as I would do for yours"
"you don't care about native americans."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces