Welcome to Gaia! ::

Raise Gold Earning power for non-cash users?

Yes to this idea so hard~ 0.28787878787879 28.8% [ 19 ]
No, Are you insane? 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 3 ]
I don't want non-cash users to be able to compete with my Gold Genorators. 0.015151515151515 1.5% [ 1 ]
As a Temporary thing until GGs are gone, this is a good idea. 0.12121212121212 12.1% [ 8 ]
There wouldn't even be a problem for non-cash users if Gaia would just remove GGs from the Cash Shop already. 0.42424242424242 42.4% [ 28 ]
I love GGs, and you a meanie for not. 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 3 ]
I have no opinion, and choose this option. 0.060606060606061 6.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]
1 2 >

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
I find this to be rather pitiful. So people who actually want to put in the work, time, and effort into earning gold and/or earning their items have LESS earning power then people who just want to get free gold for no work or effort

A couple of days ago, I pulled out over 1 million gold over all from Daily Chance on a single account. You can only earn 160,000 Gold from playing zOMG in a single day on a single account, and that's only if your donator. For Booty Grab people its a bit better, being able to earn 500,000 Gold in one day. However that takes a lot of time and effort to do.

It's not exactly fair that it takes the avg zOMGer or Booty Graber HOURS to earn a couple hundred thousands, when Daily Chance gives that out in mere seconds, for those not lazy enough to do it.

What's worse? A Single pack of Deluxe Power ups costs us over 2 billion gold. Being only able to earn 160k a day, it would take us 12,500 days, (That's over 34 years of nerfing everyday.) to earn enough to buy a single pack of power ups? This is beyond ridiculous. And it's over 3 times longer for people without donator accounts. (One year ago when the avg price was 75k for a pack of power ups, you could buy two of them from one day of nerfing. So now we're forced to work 25,000 times harder to reach the same goal?)

Gaia, How about at least being FAIR to the users who wish to earn their gold, rather then just buy it from you.

But that's the point isn't it? That's the reason for the inflation. So we're FORCED to pay you a ton of money just to be able to survive in the economy.

All I'm asking is for some fairness. If you're really so intent on keeping Gold Gens in the Cash Shop as you are, at least make it so the Players on your site who don't want too, or CAN'T spend money on this stuff, have a FAIR chance at earning gold and buying items.

RAISE the Gold Cap in both zOMG and Booty Grab to at least 1 million for non-donators, and around 2.5 million for donators, and Increase the Drop rate of Gold to at least 10 times it's current rate in these games. This would, Hopefully, only have to be a temporary increase until the inflation problem is dealt with, and Gold Gens are removed from the Cash Shop.

I fully realize that the suggestion of "Let's add more gold to the economy" Isn't a smart one, but it's not right for things to be THIS unfair to users who don't spend a s**t-ton of Cash on this site.

Scobre
I feel like mini games should get a gold grant increase as well and posting in forums and tipping too and voting in polls. But yes it is unfair. I would love zOMG! to at least get a 500K cap like Booty grab and the powerups put into CIs so there is more of a supply of them.

This is a rather good idea, and addition to the whole Making things Fair for Non-Cash Users.

Phu Quoc
In my opinion the powerups issue is a stand alone problem even, for the same amount of gold one could buy a beautiful item to keep forever or as an investment for vending. but powerups are being used up in no time! and need to rebought daily if you are actively playing. thus their price is just the most INSANE of all items on gaia.

yes, gaia needs to do something about it. like put them in rigs as boobie prices so they'll deflate to under 100 mil at least, or sell them also for gold in backalley bargins, or put them in daily chance like goFusion charms ... something has to happen.

I like the Idea of zOMG Power ups being placed in RiGs or DC. Perhaps put Deluxe Power Ups into the Rigs, and the Regular Power Ups into Daily Chance?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I feel like mini games should get a gold grant increase as well and posting in forums and tipping too and voting in polls. But yes it is unfair. I would love zOMG! to at least get a 500K cap like Booty grab and the powerups put into CIs so there is more of a supply of them.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Scobre

I agree with you Scobre, these are good ideas. I'll quote you in the first post. : 3

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Poyudi Hytori
Scobre

I agree with you Scobre, these are good ideas. I'll quote you in the first post. : 3

Yeah power-ups are just so darn expensive now if bought with gold. At least ym and smob and smeb I can do without them.
In my opinion the powerups issue is a stand alone problem even, for the same amount of gold one could buy a beautiful item to keep forever or as an investment for vending. but powerups are being used up in no time! and need to rebought daily if you are actively playing. thus their price is just the most INSANE of all items on gaia.

yes, gaia needs to do something about it. like put them in rigs as boobie prices so they'll deflate to under 100 mil at least, or sell them also for gold in backalley bargins, or put them in daily chance like goFusion charms ... something has to happen.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Phu Quoc

Not a bad idea. Perhaps adding the Deluxe version to Rigs, and the Regular version to Daily Chance would be a good way to up the supply, and deflate them at the same time.
Yeah, I find it sad that they've ruined the sense of accomplishment from playing games and earning gold that was actually worth something and could actually buy nice things.

I suppose they should raise all the payoffs on all the games, but they'd have to keep on raising it to keep up with the inflation rate.

They've got "modified" gold generators for sale now, but you don't need to be hit by a brick wink to see that these things are just pigs with lipstick on, and will only worsen the inflation problem.
I don't know if it would be more harmful than helpful or anything, but I would really love it if Nicolae would just sell powerups for gold rather than GC. Maybe like 50k for regular, 150k for deluxe and w/e for bundles. (or like 500k + 1.5m if those would be too cheap)

If that was the case I'd be sinking soooooooooo much gold into Back Alley Bargains.
xd

Perfect Saint

I actually stopped playing zOMG even before the inflation set in. I already felt that buying power ups was too expensive and was tapping into my funds for clothes. I couldn't afford to play DMS, particularly, kite, healer or those power-up hungry positions. Post-inflation, the game was definitely no longer viable for me.
I do like the idea of increasing the rewards for the game, however, in the long term, will it actually make power ups cheaper to buy with gold or will they become even more expensive? I like the idea of gold-version power ups though, but what kind of exchange ratio will it have? The gold shop uses 60:1 typically.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

gaia has become a Pay to Win site sad

Fashionable Fatcat

these are very great ideas! User Image I remember when collecting and earning gold from forums, zOMG!, and booty grab really felt like an accomplishment and having 100,000GG made u feel like a bada s s User Image now that is worth like 10GG and having it is now chump change and it feels hopelessUser Image.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Not at all surprising since zOmg hasn't been updated in forever anyway. I don't think anyone at Gaia even knows how to do anything with it anymore.

Agile Noob

Awesome McGee
Not at all surprising since zOmg hasn't been updated in forever anyway. I don't think anyone at Gaia even knows how to do anything with it anymore.

True that even Gaia said that by themselves in one of the AtA that they can't meddle with zOMG cause it used one very ancient java lol. Plus I fear increasing zOMG with RAISE the Gold Cap in both zOMG and Booty Grab to at least 1 million for non-donators, and around 2.5 million for donators, and Increase the Drop rate of Gold to at least 10 times it's current rate in these games is going to inflate the market even further, since before the existence of those gold generators the market already has inflated way beyond 15M, and if most of Gaian's knew you can make millions with zOMG a day, further damage could happen, beyond than GG (because it's free gold, who wouldn't want it right?). At least with GG there still some of Gaian's are reluctant to spend money for cash, though GG is purchasable with anyone's monthly school salary savings.

Not that I'm backing up Gaia with their GG for cheap GC sale or what, but they may be doing that because who knows maybe they are facing financial threats that could harm Gaia/zOMG to shutdown (if you recall their announcement of they're un-employing several staff for budget cut), and I'm certain that we don't want to risk to lose either of those. I can bear with existence of GG but at least, calm down with selling them, don't be like every hour there is announcement of selling GG, of course everyone will be tired of them. I know that it's no use to fight those GG's further, since damage has been done, and I don't think so leaving gold sinks running will fix the problem. If they cut out GG and let goldsink run, and when Gaian's soon running out of gold, they can only hope to sell items, but in same time no one willing to buy because, everyone wants to be rich, and they fear to run out of gold (and we'll stuck in that loop forever, or safest way by using trade so you wouldn't get imposed tax). The only reason those goldsinks gets trillions of gold is because Gaian's know Gaia will release GG, and they can recover the amount lost with GG. If Gaia decides to fully cut out GG, trust me those goldsink won't even surpass 100 million.

So final word is, I don't mind living with those GG and I know Gaia greatly needs money to survive, and I don't want to lose either Gaia or zOMG, but at least keep that thing under control.

P/S: Psh, some of those zOMGers who against GG actually buying it in secrecy. Trust me they have more than 50b. Such a hypocrite....

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Daniel Hyuuga
Awesome McGee

True that even Gaia said that by themselves in one of the AtA that they can't meddle with zOMG cause it used one very ancient java lol. Plus I fear increasing zOMG with RAISE the Gold Cap in both zOMG and Booty Grab to at least 1 million for non-donators, and around 2.5 million for donators, and Increase the Drop rate of Gold to at least 10 times it's current rate in these games is going to inflate the market even further, since before the existence of those gold generators the market already has inflated way beyond 15M, and if most of Gaian's knew you can make millions with zOMG a day, further damage could happen, beyond than GG (because it's free gold, who wouldn't want it right?). At least with GG there still some of Gaian's are reluctant to spend money for cash, though GG is purchasable with anyone's monthly school salary savings.

Not that I'm backing up Gaia with their GG for cheap GC sale or what, but they may be doing that because who knows maybe they are facing financial threats that could harm Gaia/zOMG to shutdown (if you recall their announcement of they're un-employing several staff for budget cut), and I'm certain that we don't want to risk to lose either of those. I can bear with existence of GG but at least, calm down with selling them, don't be like every hour there is announcement of selling GG, of course everyone will be tired of them. I know that it's no use to fight those GG's further, since damage has been done, and I don't think so leaving gold sinks running will fix the problem. If they cut out GG and let goldsink run, and when Gaian's soon running out of gold, they can only hope to sell items, but in same time no one willing to buy because, everyone wants to be rich, and they fear to run out of gold (and we'll stuck in that loop forever, or safest way by using trade so you wouldn't get imposed tax). The only reason those goldsinks gets trillions of gold is because Gaian's know Gaia will release GG, and they can recover the amount lost with GG. If Gaia decides to fully cut out GG, trust me those goldsink won't even surpass 100 million.

So final word is, I don't mind living with those GG and I know Gaia greatly needs money to survive, and I don't want to lose either Gaia or zOMG, but at least keep that thing under control.

P/S: Psh, some of those zOMGers who against GG actually buying it in secrecy. Trust me they have more than 50b. Such a hypocrite....

First, This suggestion isn't about trying to prevent futher inflation, that's already a lost cause at this point, it's about being FAIR to the users who don't want too, or can't buy Gaia Cash to make gold. Even if the cap and amount dropped raised, it's still not easy to earn gold from zOMG, Even with really skilled players, it takes about 2 and half hours to nerf a donator account, its even longer for players who aren't at the top skill wise. Even for the same amount in booty grab takes time. So it's not "Free Gold" Your actually earning it with Effort and Time. Not buying and getting millions in seconds (As with GGs) or simply doing a couple of clicks to earn 100,000s in seconds. (As with Daily Chance) It may cause some inflation, but it will be nothing compared to the inflation caused by the GGs. In my Suggestion, it would only be Temporary until/if they removed GGs.

Further more I should mention that many zOMGers had/have a ton of high priced items in there inventorys, plus many zOMGers are also venders, so its not surprizing that many zOMGers would be able to keep up with the inflation without the use of GGs. Though there is no doubt some who do use them.

Agile Noob

Poyudi Hytori
Daniel Hyuuga
Awesome McGee

First, This suggestion isn't about trying to prevent futher inflation, that's already a lost cause at this point, it's about being FAIR to the users who don't want too, or can't buy Gaia Cash to make gold. Even if the cap and amount dropped raised, it's still not easy to earn gold from zOMG, Even with really skilled players, it takes about 2 and half hours to nerf a donator account, its even longer for players who aren't at the top skill wise. Even for the same amount in booty grab takes time. So it's not "Free Gold" Your actually earning it with Effort and Time. Not buying and getting millions in seconds (As with GGs) or simply doing a couple of clicks to earn 100,000s in seconds. (As with Daily Chance) It may cause some inflation, but it will be nothing compared to the inflation caused by the GGs. In my Suggestion, it would only be Temporary until/if they removed GGs.

Further more I should mention that many zOMGers had/have a ton of high priced items in there inventorys, plus many zOMGers are also venders, so its not surprizing that many zOMGers would be able to keep up with the inflation without the use of GGs. Though there is no doubt some who do use them.

I know that it takes time and effort to get those gold, but in term of "free gold" of my point is Gaia's side. Of course it takes your effort and time to get those gold for your side, but for Gaia's side they get nothing? To call those old devs of zOMG already takes some of their fortune. o.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff