Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
Yes, Gaia, please release a police-themed item while there's a large police brutality/human rights infringement going on in Missouri! By all means! Your timing is absolutely impeccable!

Springtime Werewolf

i think it's actually a recolor of an item that was created and released prior to the events at ferguson? but i would still say it's a rather poorly timed release.

Professional Cat

Ah, I was under the impression it was a fun item parodying Rin from Free!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The timing is not desirable, but at the same time, are we all supposed to avoid mentioning police in general until things settle down?

Tricky Fox

CherriChu
Ah, I was under the impression it was a fun item parodying Rin from Free!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The timing is not desirable, but at the same time, are we all supposed to avoid mentioning police in general until things settle down?

I love you... *Saves that pic of Rin* And Free!, Mmm they boys be fine.

Anyways, I just think it was poorly timed on Gaia. Not their fault this stuff is happening. Sad s**t.

Prophet

I wouldn't look that far into it.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It's a recolor of an item that came out before that whole ordeal in Ferguson. I immediately recognized that it's really inappropriate timing, but I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to offend. The recolor was probably scheduled to be made/released before the events at Ferguson happened.
I'm pretty sure what CherriChu said is accurate regarding the item.

Demonic Lover

Oh wow seems Gaia forgot they need to check the news in all of the states in case one of their items could possibly be related!!!

Sorry I think that's ridiculous.
i think you are looking too far into it.

Lunatic

I wonder what would be "not too soon" with your sensitivity to the current goings on of America? So far we know that 9 days is too soon for you. Too bad that in your rather slim feedback you don't provide a date that you feel would not be seen as sarcastically stated impeccable timing and simply another item referencing Rin or a fetish view of a police officer.

Care to provide an answer? Or was that it?

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Isn't that item based on Rin? The new recolor has hair almost exactly his color and shade. I think it was released for us fans before the new episode comes out?
Oh no, let's stop the rest of the world for the going ons in one small town in American

Humorist

maripositas
I wonder what would be "not too soon" with your sensitivity to the current goings on of America? So far we know that 9 days is too soon for you. Too bad that in your rather slim feedback you don't provide a date that you feel would not be seen as sarcastically stated impeccable timing and simply another item referencing Rin or a fetish view of a police officer.

Nine days after the shooting itself, yes. But the police brutality and protests are still going on. This isn't something that happened one day, got covered, and that's it. This is still happening. There are people protesting on the streets right now. Police brutality in Ferguson is happening right now. OP isn't specifically referring to Mike Brown's death, but the aftermath as well, which is still happening.

So it's not really fair to say OP is being too sensitive, or that their window of "too soon" is too wide. I'd definitely agree that it's too soon when it's still happening.

Alien Cosmonaut

SuccuViv
Oh wow seems Gaia forgot they need to check the news in all of the states in case one of their items could possibly be related!!!

Sorry I think that's ridiculous.

The events in Ferguson aren't some little in-state tussle, though. It's a nationwide ordeal.

I agree though, this is more coincidental than anything else. I highly doubt they did it on purpose, it's just bad timing.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
frankly lisa
maripositas

Nine days after the shooting itself, yes. But the police brutality and protests are still going on. This isn't something that happened one day, got covered, and that's it. This is still happening. There are people protesting on the streets right now. Police brutality in Ferguson is happening right now. OP isn't specifically referring to Mike Brown's death, but the aftermath as well, which is still happening.

So it's not really fair to say OP is being too sensitive, or that their window of "too soon" is too wide. I'd definitely agree that it's too soon when it's still happening.

Fine it's too soon. Then what is "not too soon" in your case? Six months after the events are finished? A year? A few weeks?

The OP didn't really leave much feedback anyways aside from the sarcasm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff