Welcome to Gaia! ::

hi
duckyzilla

as I typed, I totally brain-said duckyzirra.

Stubborn Duck

k5d
duckyzilla

Hi. Why am I being summoned? emotion_awesome
Ducky Zilla
k5d
duckyzilla

Hi. Why am I being summoned? emotion_awesome
I was unaware I needed reason. redface

Stubborn Duck

k5d

Nope. No reason needed.

How are you?
Ducky Zilla
k5d

Nope. No reason needed.

How are you?
Meh, I'm okay. lol. Kinda tired, I have work in 8 hours but I'm not sleeping yet. scream

How are you?? Did you delete that person yet that you made a status about earlier? lol

Stubborn Duck

k5d
Meh, I'm okay. lol. Kinda tired, I have work in 8 hours but I'm not sleeping yet. scream

How are you?? Did you delete that person yet that you made a status about earlier? lol

Go sleep. lol

I'm alright. Not yet, I'm giving her a chance, but she's petty. :/
Ducky Zilla
I did fall asleep lol.
And then had a full day today, on 3.5 hours of sleep, and went all day only eating a muffin.
This struggle will be over soon. This struggle will be over soon. This struggle, will, be over soon.

How was your day??

Stubborn Duck

k5d
Ducky Zilla
I did fall asleep lol.
And then had a full day today, on 3.5 hours of sleep, and went all day only eating a muffin.
This struggle will be over soon. This struggle will be over soon. This struggle, will, be over soon.

How was your day??

I got my full day of sleep for the week, but had to force myself out of bed.
So I felt like s**t all day, because I'm still in sleep mode.
I spent several hours coloring my mom's piece, but have actually accomplished nothing because I'm using a new technique, and still learning it.
And I ate a breakfast burrito at like 3, but nothing else. :/
So, it was about average. A Ducky day. lol
Ducky Zilla
k5d
Ducky Zilla
I did fall asleep lol.

How was your day??

I got my full day of sleep for the week, but had to force myself out of bed.
So I felt like s**t all day, because I'm still in sleep mode.
I spent several hours coloring my mom's piece, but have actually accomplished nothing because I'm using a new technique, and still learning it.
And I ate a breakfast burrito at like 3, but nothing else. :/
So, it was about average. A Ducky day. lol
Lmao honestly doesn't sound all that bad, except for the sleeping too much part. I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. After a couple days of days like today, a few days ago I slept a good 8-9 hours, woke up at 6:30-7ish, and fell back to sleep until 11:30. Mind you, I felt pretty good when I woke up in the morning; I went to use the bathroom, remember feeling really alert and awake and ready for the day. Get back under the covers because it was so damn comfortable, next thing I know I'm rushing to be at work at noon.
But I think practicing a new technique is pretty cool. I wish I had some type of tablet for digital art. But I doubt that would make me any better lol. I'm so out of touch with how to do things now.. I used to use Adobe Photoshop don't ask me what version, but I mostly used Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7. That was my jam. I had so many brushes and effects and s**t lol. I mostly made cool abstract art, and banners. I had a few web sites for my graphics, web design and programming. This started like.. wow holy s**t am I really saying this.. almost 15 years ago. And sadly ended a little over 10 years ago. But was amazing while it lasted, at least I thought it was.
#tldr

Stubborn Duck

k5d
Lmao honestly doesn't sound all that bad, except for the sleeping too much part. I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. After a couple days of days like today, a few days ago I slept a good 8-9 hours, woke up at 6:30-7ish, and fell back to sleep until 11:30. Mind you, I felt pretty good when I woke up in the morning; I went to use the bathroom, remember feeling really alert and awake and ready for the day. Get back under the covers because it was so damn comfortable, next thing I know I'm rushing to be at work at noon.
But I think practicing a new technique is pretty cool. I wish I had some type of tablet for digital art. But I doubt that would make me any better lol. I'm so out of touch with how to do things now.. I used to use Adobe Photoshop don't ask me what version, but I mostly used Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7. That was my jam. I had so many brushes and effects and s**t lol. I mostly made cool abstract art, and banners. I had a few web sites for my graphics, web design and programming. This started like.. wow holy s**t am I really saying this.. almost 15 years ago. And sadly ended a little over 10 years ago. But was amazing while it lasted, at least I thought it was.
#tldr

Yeah...I have issues falling asleep. Staying asleep. Being asleep.
I get one really good night of sleep a week if I'm lucky, and working at THD means my days are flip flopped, so sometimes I have to be up at 5am.
And I'm one of those people that only really sleeps well after midnight-1am ish.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten the ability to actually nap, but it's a fleeting ability.
One I don't have when I most need it. lol Usually.

I've mostly only ever worked with Photoshop.
I have CS8 or whatever, one of the newer versions, but...
It's more of a noob/beginner program. And I'm ready to move on.
It's one of those that any of the actual brushes mostly automatically blend for you.
Which is well and fine, if you're not going for a hard line.
I'm attempting to use SAI. I just happen to have a full version someone gave me like last year, but I never tried to learn how to use it.
There's an amazing artist on dA that I follow, who recently started posting her speed paints on youtube, and did some tutorials.
So I'm using that to try and figure it out.
Since her shading style is actually exactly like what I was doing, except more refined and aesthetically pleasing.
And it's mostly because SAI is set up in a less "omg use burn and dodge and hack slash jam this here" to get something to look a certain way.
And their lumosity layers actually work how they're supposed to. :/

#stretchingyourthreadlikeavirgin
Ducky Zilla
k5d
#tldr

I get one really good night of sleep a week if I'm lucky, and working at THD means my days are flip flopped, so sometimes I have to be up at 5am.
And I'm one of those people that only really sleeps well after midnight-1am ish.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten the ability to actually nap, but it's a fleeting ability.

It's one of those that any of the actual brushes mostly automatically blend for you.
I'm attempting to use SAI. I just happen to have a full version someone gave me like last year, but I never tried to learn how to use it.
There's an amazing artist on dA that I follow, who recently started posting her speed paints on youtube, and did some tutorials.
Since her shading style is actually exactly like what I was doing, except more refined and aesthetically pleasing.
And it's mostly because SAI is set up in a less "omg use burn and dodge and hack slash jam this here" to get something to look a certain way.

Yea it was something about PSP that I found very user friendly. And I couldn't get that with Photoshop, I just couldn't figure it all out. I'm sure it's different now. I've never even heard of SAI. I was gunna ask if you ever used GIMP? And you're a gamer so I shouldn't even ask this, but Windows or Mac? User Image
#tbhidletyou #fortheveryfirsttime

Stubborn Duck

k5d
Ducky Zilla
k5d
#tldr

Yea it was something about PSP that I found very user friendly. And I couldn't get that with Photoshop, I just couldn't figure it all out. I'm sure it's different now. I've never even heard of SAI. I was gunna ask if you ever used GIMP? And you're a gamer so I shouldn't even ask this, but Windows or Mac? User Image
#tbhidletyou

Photoshop still has the same idea from the original, they've just made it more ctrl+ friendly.
And a little more straight forward, as in you can click a menu and it actually makes sense. lol
I was never a fan of GIMP. I'm too used to layers and properties similar to PS.
SAI is very similar to PS. But you can actually control settings, without having to go through 50 menus, and do it every time you change a layer or brush. ETC.
Windows. emotion_awesome
Ducky Zilla
Photoshop still has the same idea from the original, they've just made it more ctrl+ friendly.
And a little more straight forward, as in you can click a menu and it actually makes sense. lol
I was never a fan of GIMP. I'm too used to layers and properties similar to PS.
SAI is very similar to PS. But you can actually control settings, without having to go through 50 menus, and do it every time you change a layer or brush. ETC.
Windows. emotion_awesome
Maybe I should finally get bootcamp running on my laptop. Or yanno.. use my all in one lol. I think there's windows 8 on there though.. bleh.. I don't even know. it's been a while since I fired that baby up lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff