Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Fatcat

crotchety oldbie here. Still "active" (much lurk). I dont mind the new gaia as much, it makes sense from a company stand point. It is what it is, and it's not so horrible (imo)

Sugary Cranberry

Many of us just lurk these days it seems.

I'm an 03 member and account.

Lonely Fashionista

18,750 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
I joined 2007, but it doesn't make me feel like an "original" gaian exactly.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Chixen
CinderellasNightmare
I just wanna meet people from the good old days. I dunno how I feel about this new stuff.
Well if it's been awhile since you last were on, then yeah, I imagine it takes awhile to adjust. it might be a good idea to check the Gaia Guides and Resources subforum if you're curious about new features/items. And if your wondering about why prices are so high on the market, best to check out the Inflation Recap.

Thanks!! Yeah I started in 2004ish?? Then my account got hacked like in 2009 or 2010 and clearly a lot hashasanged since then...

fxxkin demon

Cirque le Soir

Same here. It feels weird being called an original Gaia.

Magical Bunny

I remember original Gaia. It was called GO-Gaia, it had a terrible anime linklist as a front page, everything crashed (it crashed the day I signed up AND rolled back), it was impossible to use, and a majority of items were still impossible to purchase simply because the ability to gather gold was minimal and nonexistent. Forums had a 150 gold cut off. Not, you know, 150k. Or 150m. But. 150 gold. One hundred fifty.

I like new Gaia.

It doesn't crash every day.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Fun fact: There are no "original" Gaians around here. We're all just clones of the originals. The real ones are locked up in a lab for scientific research. User Image

Tipsy Genius

I feel like the standard for what's considered an "original Gaian" gets lower every year, haha.

Valiant Jackling

Saying "Original Gaia" is just weird... and makes me feel old :/

What's so original about being an oldbie? xP

But I've been here since '03

Rude's Bestie

Cat

I have very little nostalgia for Gaia's past. Some things I miss, but most of them were a product of being younger and having way too much free time to spend on this site moreso than anything related to the design or direction of the site.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Original Gaian = anybody who signs up on Gaia, age on the site means little to nothing.

Agile Glitch

"Original Gaian"? Never heard that term be used before for us old users. The term doesn't seem to fit... almost sounds like an elite term to me, when we've just been here for a long time.

But yeah, there are still a lot of users lurking around from those times, I'm from 2004.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Cirque le Soir
Me too. There ain't no such thing as original gaian, at least, not when you're an 05-er. Us 2005 peeps are like, "what's a Hufflepuff" around these here parts (because 2003/4 are the real deals). 2006-8 are the golden years of Gaia's. 2009 is at least known for the Zurg event. 2010/12 is probably a slight decline in terms of "Gaia trying to be social". 2013 will definitely be remembered as the year CEO attacked.
I would think there would be way more older users around than newer. I can't imagine newer users would be willing to put up with the current status quo.

Lonely Fashionista

18,750 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
Yen Quest
Cirque le Soir
Me too. There ain't no such thing as original gaian, at least, not when you're an 05-er. Us 2005 peeps are like, "what's Hufflepuff" because 2003/4 are the real deals. 2006/8 are the golden years. 2009 is at least known for the Zurg event. 2010/12 is probably a slight decline in terms of "Gaia trying to be social". 2013 will definitely be remembered as the year CEO attacked.

Exactly. I felt like the last one on the bandwagon when I joined in '07 because I definately felt late to the party.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff