Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image

Welcome to «Neo Aincrad».

We are currently on Floor 1 and the level cap is level 3.

((A note for newcomers, if you don't like my RP, please tell me why instead of only giving it a </3. I want to hear your criticism and I welcome brutal honesty. I still welcome you to give the thread a </3 because even opinions in small ways are important to me.))

OOC | Profiles | Content Wiki

Lightbringer

User Image

Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Games have taken the world by storm, offering a level of immersion that no system before it had ever come close to achieving.

Evo Laboratories, a research firm that studies FullDive technology, sent out a mass request for applicants to participate in a special program to help them further understand and improve the science surrounding it. The request specifically targeted gamers due to the platform being a VRMMO Role Playing Game. A gaming, role-playing environment was chosen for the company's research due to the very involved nature surrounding neural linkage. Subjects would report to the the company's facility every day, and be paid based on time and progress within the game, encouraging as much investment as possible without health risk. Out of the countless applicants, you were lucky enough to be amongst those chosen to participate.

User Image

August 16, 2014: Subjects are set up in their cubicles and have just begun to log into the game.

Content Wiki

Lightbringer

User Image

The rules are a bit lengthy, but they are all important. A lot of them are just common sense, so don't be intimidated.

1. Be respectful when discussing things in an out of character context.

2. Things like HP, level, stats, inventory, and so on do not need to be tracked. This is an optional aspect to the role play that is only used to add immersion for those that choose to do so. With that in mind, for those that do track such things, your character is not better than another simply because you display yourself as being a higher level, having more HP, or whatever - your real strength is your writing ability. As a side note, leveling isn't a quick job - you won't kill one enemy and jump a level, think of it in terms of how actual MMOs tend to be.

3. Going along with the previous rule, just write as best as you can. There's no 'literacy levels' here, so just write however much you feel like writing, and even if your spelling and grammar aren't top notch then at least make use of punctuation marks (periods, commas, and quotation marks specifically). Even a few sentences are fine if that''s all that's really necessary for a situation, just try to give others something to work with.

4. While generally understood, you may not Godmod (make your character impossibly strong or unkillable), Powerplay (take control of the actions of other characters without the owner's permission), Autohit (land a hit without the player's permission, an example being "He slashed her with his sword". It should be "He attempted to slash her with his sword."), Metagame (use information that your character does not know, usually through an out of character context), or anything of the sort that relates to poor role playing.

6. While I have no rule about activity levels, if a player is absent for one day without notice, anyone that was interacting with that player's character can move on if they want and with the excuse that the other play is lagging, disconnected, whatever is convenient for the situation. If you're going to be gone and would like to be waited on, just mention it in the OOC thread. I'm not going to chase people with PMs for inactivity - it's your choice to be here.

7. You may not play canon characters (Kirito, Asuna, Heathcliff, etc.) or characters that are very similar in nature to them.

8. I play the part of floor bosses to ensure fairness. Players may control regular enemies, minibosses, and field bosses during their fights.

9. There's no post layout requirements in terms of prettiness or anything. Be as extravagant or as plain as you like. Text-only is fine too.

10. This is a bit of a special rule - everyone is allowed to use extra/unique skills such as Dual Wielding, Holy Sword, and Katana from the beginning, but if your character does use such a skill, you must include a combat RP sample of 1-2 paragraphs to me when submitting your character so that I can trust you in using them reasonably. If I disapprove, there is no room for argument. You are allowed to earn the desired skill over the course of the role play as well, just ask me when you want to acquire it.

Listed below are just some notes about the RP universe to help you understand it a bit more. I'll add more as it is deemed necessary.

• This RP exists within the canon SAO universe, and takes place 20 years after the original iteration of Sword Art Online. Information about the first iteration exists, but it is not widely known. Myself and likely others do not know about anything beyond the pacing of the anime (currently in the Gun Gale Online arc), however, so please avoid talking about spoilers.

• The facility the players are in, Evo Laboratories, is a high security building. The subjects all log into the game in cubicles with monitoring systems attached. The players do not know who other players are unless a person reveals details about themselves. There is a lounge and cafeteria for when players need a break.

• There are no in game moderators, thus conduct, including player-killing, is maintained and handled by the players themselves.

• The game world of Aincrad is based on the original iteration, meaning no magic, wings, guns, or anything like that. Only things that are in the spirit the original SAO are permitted.

• Players can re-spawn and log out at their leisure. There is no permanent death or imprisonment. Upon character death, the player loses experience and drops some money. The currency of Aincrad is Col, by the way.

• You don't need to play out every aspect of things like doing quests for a reward, or making enough combat posts to level up - just give us an idea of what your character is doing and judge the passage of time appropriately.

• Sword Skills take over the movement of the player's body for the duration of the skill, and will track the target with each attack. Once started, it cannot be stopped unless the player is defeated during the animation. At the end of the animation, there is a brief movement delay where the user is susceptible to attacks, as well as after defending with a shield (the Parrying skill does not count). Skills have cooldowns to prevent spamming, with skills that have more hits having longer cooldowns. This is to promote some level of swordplay on the player's behalf. Sword Skills are faster than standard movements, and deal more damage.

• You can start with any weapon type, including a special weapon type of your own invention if you tell me about what makes the weapon different from others (if it isn't obvious).

• A piece of content (gear, a quest, etc.) can be made up on the spot. It doesn't need to be on the wiki to have it be available, so let your creative muscles flex. So long as you act reasonably, that's what really matters.

• Usernames are visible alongside health bars.

Content Wiki

Lightbringer

User Image

Here are the character applications. They're pretty basic. You are free to spruce it up and add more sections, like a biography, if you choose to. You can erase anything in parenthesis (brackets) when submitting your profile, as well as entire lines that are tagged with 'optional' to make it look clean. Send me the profile in a PM titled 'SAO Application' just so it's easy for me to track. Also, keep rule 10 in mind if it applies to you. You can check equipment/skills and many other things in the 'Content Wiki' linked at the bottom of every post.

[b]Gaia username:[/b]
[b]Character's real name & Gender:[/b]
[b]Character's in-game name & Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Character's real and in-game appearance:[/b] (A written description, a picture, or both are fine. Real life photos and drawn pictures are fine. Please link to images rather than directly posting them.)
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b] (Optional, you can update this as the RP progresses)
[b]Skills:[/b] (Optional, you can update this as the RP progresses)

Content Wiki

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer