Welcome to Gaia! ::

The only problem I am having is with the Shops. The page will not fully load, so I have to click on the Cash Shop then use that to get to the other shops. Otherwise, I actually really like the new navigation bar. ^^

Powerful Mystic

There seem to be some issues with the daily video. I watched a video(doge dart)and when I clicked a card it showed nothing and gave nothing. Can you worked with your sponsors and get things running more smoothly.

Love how this is a thread to report any Bug/Issues and everyone just downing the update and the pushing of GCash it doesn't mean you have to buy it(you can earn free Gcash) and what do you think the Gaia Staff works for free these ppl do need to be payed or did yall think they just volunteer. The buying and use of GCash pays for any and all features. Think of it there are Artist to make all the items and event artwork, programmers so thing run smooth all this complaining and bashing is rude to the ppl making GaiaOnline possible or would you rather they have no money coming in and the site shuts down.

Thank You Gaia Staff and sorry for all this crap you're dealing with do to ignorance

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
Sorry I have to point this out. The change was requested by an user in the Site Feedback thread, so on this change I can't agree with the idea that "Gaia doesn't listen to the community". Many people agreed in that thread the change would be a cool idea. The red sale bar under the GC icon was also done upon user's request. Honestly I'm not upset about the change since it came out better than I thought it would be. I can go to the shops tab to gold shops without be reminded to buy GCash, so it's a nice thing. Usually I give Gaia a hard time about things, but this won't be one of them.
Ooooh~~ I like the user who thought up the red sale bar. 8D <3 I didn't realize what it was at first, but if it helps keep announcement spam low, that's very good. * w*!! Thank you for being like the one ******** reasonable person in this goddamn thread, like wow, what the ********.

Well I think the name calling was unnecessary and so glad I have my filter on, I try my best to look at topics from multiple perspectives. I've had my share of immature remarks, so I'm far from perfect and made dumb mistakes myself. I'm just trying my best to treat others the way they would would to be treated whether they be staff or not. I can be opinionated at times, but this won't be one of them. I think just having gold generators around just makes people more bitter towards each other. I did enjoy the five days of drama free bliss.

I'm just annoyed with myself for not being able to find that thread again because of all the I hate the new tabs spam in SF now, but probably better that I don't find it in order to protect that user. I'm just noticing a few things Gaia is listening that is actually user feedback and I'm happy to see the positive changes from them like the Robin Williams tribute item. The new layout will just take time for people to get used to like the site centering.

To get back on topic like I mentioned before, only glitch I am experiencing with the new layout is the new tabs broke the daily treats which is kind of funny. I hope that Better Gaia is updated too, so I can collect the daily chances from all the tabs again on one page. Adblock and Better Gaia together have made not have to deal with ads. heart I just find the new layout easier to avoid the GC stress issue. I just don't understand how it is making people feel forced to purchase GC, when there are a ton of other things Gaia does that are a lot worst such as the 10+ announcements per day. At least the red sale thing helped with decreasing those a little. Hopefully Gaia will combine their limited time only items together like they have been doing with the recolors.
I don't mind the change too much.
I do, however, want the "Home" link back.
I don't think that this request is so unreasonable.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre
Well I think the name calling was unnecessary and so glad I have my filter on, I try my best to look at topics from multiple perspectives. I've had my share of immature remarks, so I'm far from perfect and made dumb mistakes myself. I'm just trying my best to treat others the way they would want to be treated whether they be staff or not. I can be opinionated at times, but this won't be one of them. I think just having gold generators around just makes people more bitter towards each other. I did enjoy the five days of drama free bliss.

I'm just annoyed with myself for not being able to find that thread again because of all the I hate the new tabs spam in SF now, but probably better that I don't find it in order to protect that user. I'm just noticing a few things Gaia is listening that is actually user feedback and I'm happy to see the positive changes from them like the Robin Williams tribute item. The new layout will just take time for people to get used to like the site centering.

To get back on topic like I mentioned before, only glitch I am experiencing with the new layout is the new tabs broke the daily treats which is kind of funny. I hope that Better Gaia is updated too, so I can collect the daily chances from all the tabs again on one page. Adblock and Better Gaia together have made not have to deal with ads. heart I just find the new layout easier to avoid the GC stress issue. I just don't understand how it is making people feel forced to purchase GC, when there are a ton of other things Gaia does that are a lot worst such as the 10+ announcements per day. At least the red sale thing helped with decreasing those a little. Hopefully Gaia will combine their limited time only items together like they have been doing with the recolors.

Lol perhaps it was. I got frustrated seeing the replies of some of the users on here. XD I can be petty and crotchety when I've seen too much bullshit. UuU;; So I rant.

Mmm might be better this way, yes. Yeah, like it's nice that they're getting back into the groove of making good changes and stuff and I think this behavior is what should be fostered, but it won't be with people being dumb over stupid, trivial matters.

; 3;! You aren't able to get the new daily chance things? ; 3;
Lol, yeah me either. If anything, it's helping to separate them and put a nice barrier in there. XD
Agreed~ C:

Sparkly Cosmonaut

The Daily Treat button is malfunctioning for me. I watch the video, it says I've earned the gcash and then there is no gcash.

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre
Well I think the name calling was unnecessary and so glad I have my filter on, I try my best to look at topics from multiple perspectives. I've had my share of immature remarks, so I'm far from perfect and made dumb mistakes myself. I'm just trying my best to treat others the way they would want to be treated whether they be staff or not. I can be opinionated at times, but this won't be one of them. I think just having gold generators around just makes people more bitter towards each other. I did enjoy the five days of drama free bliss.

Lol perhaps it was. I got frustrated seeing the replies of some of the users on here. XD I can be petty and crotchety when I've seen too much bullshit. UuU;; So I rant.

Mmm might be better this way, yes. Yeah, like it's nice that they're getting back into the groove of making good changes and stuff and I think this behavior is what should be fostered, but it won't be with people being dumb over stupid, trivial matters.

Lol, yeah me either. If anything, it's helping to separate them and put a nice barrier in there. XD
Agreed~ C:

SOOOOO it's bullshit for users to demand there money be spent on something useful rather then wasted on something useless? Wow, that's the most retarded thing i have ever heard any one say.

The hole point people are making is that there are issues with gaia that need fixing and yet all the gaia staff have been doing is cosmetic changes that should never have been made. And to make matters worse, we have whiny little brats, like your self, who whine and belly ache when ever any one voices opposition to what you think.

1.) The new tabs are pointless and annoying, and the only logical reasoning for them is gaia's staff knows full well that folks used to my gaia tab being second in the line will click on the gaia cash tab now in that slot. It's an old marketing trick that no longer is effective, "You see the product enough times, you will eventual buy it" That stopped working back in the late 1990's

2.) Having a "gofusion" tab is pointless seeing as there are a number of links to that page. There is even a link to it under the stores tab, not hard to find it, so making a tab just for it is rather pointless, might as well make a market place tab and a trade tab while there at it.

3.) These pointless changes do nothing to fix the main problems with gaia. I hear tell that gaia's coding is all screwed up, something to do with hiring different groups to do it all back in the day. And as a result, it has become a pain to fix issues as all the coding is not uniformed. (this is a major issue that gaia staff would be better off spending that income on, instead of wasting it on pointless cosmetics that do nothing to fix the issues.

4.) Finely, The vast majority of the folks using gaia who pay money to gaia have a right to have there voices heard, They are not "entitled brats". They are not "losers", or idiots, They are men and women, boys and girls, who want there money spent on something more worth while then pointless cosmetic make overs.

Learn to respect other's rights to demand there money be spent on better things.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
commissar ibram gaunt
SOOOOO it's bullshit for users to demand their* money be spent on something useful rather than* wasted on something useless? Wow, that's the most retarded thing I* have ever heard anyone* say.

The whole* point people are making is that there are issues with gaia that need fixing and yet all the gaia staff have been doing is cosmetic changes that should never have been made. And to make matters worse, we have whiny little brats, like yourself*, who whine and belly ache when ever any one voices opposition to what you think.

1.) The new tabs are pointless and annoying, and the only logical reasoning for them is gaia's staff knows full well that folks used to my gaia tab being second in the line will click on the gaia cash tab now in that slot. It's an old marketing trick that no longer is effective, "You see the product enough times, you will eventual buy it" That stopped working back in the late 1990's

2.) Having a "gofusion" tab is pointless seeing as there are a number of links to that page. There is even a link to it under the stores tab, not hard to find it, so making a tab just for it is rather pointless, might as well make a market place tab and a trade tab while there at it.

3.) These pointless changes do nothing to fix the main problems with gaia. I hear tell that gaia's coding is all screwed up, something to do with hiring different groups to do it all back in the day. And as a result, it has become a pain to fix issues as all the coding is not uniformed. (this is a major issue that gaia staff would be better off spending that income on, instead of wasting it on pointless cosmetics that do nothing to fix the issues).

4.) Finally*, The vast majority of the folks using gaia who pay money to gaia have a right to have their* voices heard, They are not "entitled brats". They are not "losers", or idiots, They are men and women, boys and girls, who want there money spent on something more worth while then pointless cosmetic make overs.

Learn to respect others'* rights to demand their* money be spent on better things.
Huge wall-o-text
No, it's bullshit to throw a damn temper tantrum and threaten to ******** quit the goddamn site for changing the header, instead of acting like a calm, rational adult [which I'll admit, my rant wasn't very calm or rational, but at least I'm not making ridiculous empty threats over it].

Also, I'm not in opposition to Gaia fixing the crap that's broken and making repairs that actually benefit the infrastructure of the site as a whole, or consistently work to fix the massive ******** up that is Gold Gens, or update the plethora of neglected features, I get that Gaia has a lot of s**t it should be working on instead. I ******** get it, believe me, I do. But I've seen people literally pissed off about the header - with no mention of the actual problems Gaia is not currently trying to fix - to the point that they're threatening to quit, saying that THIS is the thing that has ruined the site, not all the other ACTUAL REASONS TO BE RIGHTEOUSLY FURIOUS WITH THE HEAD HONCHOS, no no, it's clearly the header. = 3= I've seen people talking about wanting the my gaia tab changed literally right back to where it was for silly/dumb reasons, and sure I'm not as mad at those people, they're just slow with change, but it still gets on my nerves to see it over and over, when I, who hadn't known about the change either, can clearly understand the staff/devs/programmers' decision and have no qualms with it. Maybe that's just me being one-sided, but maybe I'm over compensating since precious few seem capable to understand why it may have changed. -shrug-

Also, no, this thread is decidedly NOT ******** FOR airing out all your complaints about the whole of the site. This is for reporting bugs or glitches with the header. That's the ******** all. And I'll have you know, I was bitching because I was fed up, just from the small length of this thread, with the bullshit, nit picky retarded a** criticisms that made my ******** brain just cringe because it's deplorable how lazy and entitled so many people seem to be in this thread. That was me venting my frustration directed specifically towards the stupid ******** in this thread [my ranting about the people in the thread not using the thread as it was intended kind of makes me one of those stupid ********, but for a fundamentally different reason] who think it's worth their trouble to quit over a cosmetic change to the site. It's such a pointless change.

1) No they aren't; I've been kind of annoyed at always seeing the cash offers whenever I want to go to the MP. Often I have thought about how they should change the header/tabs soon because each one was jam packed with s**t that was making it cumbersome to navigate. ALSO, if you'd read my original rant thoroughly, you'd have noticed that I did specifically say that yes, there is redundancy in the new headers and that should be addressed, but it's not the end of the ******** world, which is how a lot of people in here seemed to have reacted.
1a) If it doesn't work anymore then why would the try to use that strategy? Cash is already pushed on us from everywhere no matter where we go on the site. I'm glad they've [at least mostly] separated the bullshit offers I've never given two shits about to its own tab so that I don't have to see it when I go to the marketplace or gold shops. We see gaia cash every single day in the announcements, next to our gold count in the top right corner, on many items in the MP, it's already everywhere for us to see. That moment has long since passed, so that criticism is pointless and way out of date.

2) See 1. I agree, there is redundancy in the new header, and yes perhaps there can be some adjustments made, but acting like Gaia has committed some horrible offense like released a gold gen where you can win 500 trillion gold, will not ******** help your case. [besides only one or two people complained about the gofusion thing as compared to the many many more who had only asinine, childish, temper-tantrum-throwing comments to make]. Also.. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR OUR FEEDBACK UNLESS WE ARE REPORTING BUGS AND/OR GLITCHES. O wO But if we wanted to throw in some feedback, acting like Gaia started the apocalypse with this change is melodramatic and damaging to every single user who has legitimate concerns about the site. The header change, when you take a look at everything else, is not a ******** legitimate concern. It's like freaking out because your shoes don't match your top and it's the end of the world and you're going to just DIE of embarrassment because it's so awful that omg your shoes don't match your top. That's what it sounds like only 10million times more irritating, self-righteous and grating. THAT'S what my rant was about, not the fact that there's a lot of real issues to deal with on this site.

3) Again, I agree, this was a comparatively useless thing to update. Gaia has much bigger problems to deal with that they should address but haven't for YEARS now. Trust me I've been there, said that, thought that, complained about it and a whole fat lotta nothing changed in that regard. However, as I keep saying... this thread is NOT the place for that, and if they changed this stupid little header, so ******** what. They've majorly changed the layout of the Forums, and Games and World tabs and even back then during that time, they still had these underlying issues that they didn't bother working on. Should they work on these things, and am I mad that they haven't, instead opting for these minor changes? Yes. But it's still stupid to condemn the whole of the ******** site like this decision to slightly alter the header was like shutting down zOMG, yes THIS DAMN HEADER CHANGE IS THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF... well any rational person would say mild inconveniences but BY GOD, TO THESE OVERLY DRAMATIC, ******** DUMBASSES BELIEVE IT'S OF THE INTEGRITY OF THE SITE ITSELF. This minor header change is just a new low for Gaia, a low they've just never seen before, nevermind this whole entire past ******** year with the hyperinflation and all, naw this is right about on par with that. :T That's how these people come across. making a mountain out of a runty mole hill.

4) a) Only a vast majority? Not EVERYONE who buys cash? b) Actually, no, not everyone who buys cash, everyone who ******** uses this site has a goddamn right to have their voice heard, provided they aren't a) trolling, b) suggest things that have literally been tried and done and failed before, c) only b***h about how new Gaia sucks compared to old Gaia without giving legitimate criticisms [IE, everyone on here sucks now, the community is dead, etc etc other such lies and insulting generalizations]. But here's the kicker - they don't have a right to be abusive in language to the staff, or to be given the goddamn time of day if they aren't being a logical, sensible person, threatening to quit over something as mundane as a ******** header change. They also don't have a right to be above criticism from other users, as we all have our opinions and say. Another user has said how the header change was a user suggested idea, with many different kinds of users agreeing with it. Could they have been mistaken? It's possible, but at the same time I know I have frequently been thinking about how a new and updated header/tabs would be nice, so I'm sure I'm not the only one on here, thus giving the user's claim potential validity. Gaia heard those voices, and they did something. It was a small something, a something that doesn't really affect the grand scheme of things, but it was a small something they did for us. They also made that red bar to show when they have cash sales in order to curb the announcement spam, and guess what? That was another user suggested idea. Gaia CANNOT, in reality cater to the whims of every single ******** person on this site, so every ******** person on this site, cash spender or not, is gonna have to put up with some inconsequential bullshit they don't ******** like. And they'll have to ******** suck it the hell up because that's what ******** compromise is. These people I've bitched about have not had legitimate complaints, or if they do, they fail to look like anything more than whiny, wangsty ******** asshats who hate change and new things and would probably be the type of person who would have supported segregation back in the day because change makes them uncomfortable and unhappy and it's always unpleasant for them. They sound like spoiled ******** babies, and I'm not talking ONLY about cash users here, I'm talking about anyone who's literally pissed off at the new header so much they would actually ******** threaten to quit as if anyone gives a good god damn if they do. THOSE are the pathetic ******** I'm talking about, not the people who actually give a s**t about the site, and have constructive criticism to offer, or have understandable reasons to be righteously furious with the staff/head honchos/whatever else about this site. The people that pissed me off don't want their voices heard, they just don't want things to change and they want their way and they're bitching and moaning about the fact that Gaia's making some MINOR ******** TWEAKS to the site.

[note: the "you"s in the following paragraph are not at YOU in particular, it's the YOU in general, synonymous with one/a person/etc things like that, so I'm not criticizing YOU specifically here, just the attitudes I've seen in this very thread, which is what I'm frustrated at... some of the "you"s in the previous paragraphs may have been as well, I don't remember, this is a big wall-o-text]
Their money was spent on the goddamn pixels they bought. THAT'S what the ******** they paid for, not a share of the ******** company, where their opinions matter more than the other hundreds of thousands of users on this ******** website. THAT IS A LEGITIMATELY ENTITLED ******** THOUGHT PROCESS RIGHT THERE. I agree that it doesn't feel like Gaia is getting at the meat of the issues with the site, but if you've got the audacity to come into this thread, that's asking for users to report bugs or glitches caused by the new header, and throw down your misguided, head-up-your-a**, self-righteous indignation over this simple little edit then no your "opinion" deserves not one iota of respect, because you're acting like a bratty little snot-nosed baby who isn't used to the word "no." If you're condemning the whole of this site because they dared to reorganize the header, and you dial up that wahmbulance shriek as if, in this instance regarding this particular topic, that it's acceptable for you to be anything more than mildly irritated, nevermind completely irrationally pissed off at the site, then ******** you. I don't respect noobs, trolls or outrage that is completely uncalled for. I do not respect temper tantrums, which is all that can result from the level of hate and hostility the reaction this particular change Gaia has made has received.
So, I'm not sure if this is a bug from the new layout changes but, as it has been mentioned a few times, the daily treat (I believe that is what the little TV character is called) is not granting any 'G-Cash'. Either I am unfortunate enough to continuously receive the prize of zero or there is a small glitch. Sorry for another complaint or redundant post if this is just a misunderstanding. Thanks in advance!

Learned Lunatic

18,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
On the GCash and GoFusion landing pages there is no opportunity to watch a video for free GC. The TV icon doesn't come up on these pages.

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Saffrons_Curse
commissar ibram gaunt
SOOOOO it's bullshit for users to demand their* money be spent on something useful rather than* wasted on something useless? Wow, that's the most retarded thing I* have ever heard anyone* say.

The whole* point people are making is that there are issues with gaia that need fixing and yet all the gaia staff have been doing is cosmetic changes that should never have been made. And to make matters worse, we have whiny little brats, like yourself*, who whine and belly ache when ever any one voices opposition to what you think.

3.) These pointless changes do nothing to fix the main problems with gaia. I hear tell that gaia's coding is all screwed up, something to do with hiring different groups to do it all back in the day. And as a result, it has become a pain to fix issues as all the coding is not uniformed. (this is a major issue that gaia staff would be better off spending that income on, instead of wasting it on pointless cosmetics that do nothing to fix the issues).

4.) Finally*, The vast majority of the folks using gaia who pay money to gaia have a right to have their* voices heard, They are not "entitled brats". They are not "losers", or idiots, They are men and women, boys and girls, who want there money spent on something more worth while then pointless cosmetic make overs.

Learn to respect others'* rights to demand their* money be spent on better things.
Huge wall-o-text
No, it's bullshit to throw a damn temper tantrum and threaten to ******** quit the goddamn site for changing the header, instead of acting like a calm, rational adult [which I'll admit, my rant wasn't very calm or rational, but at least I'm not making ridiculous empty threats over it].

Also, I'm not in opposition to Gaia fixing the crap that's broken and making repairs that actually benefit the infrastructure of the site as a whole, or consistently work to fix the massive ******** up that is Gold Gens, or update the plethora of neglected features, I get that Gaia has a lot of s**t it should be working on instead. I ******** get it, believe me, I do. But I've seen people literally pissed off about the header - with no mention of the actual problems Gaia is not currently trying to fix - to the point that they're threatening to quit, saying that THIS is the thing that has ruined the site, not all the other ACTUAL REASONS TO BE RIGHTEOUSLY FURIOUS WITH THE HEAD HONCHOS, no no, it's clearly the header. = 3= I've seen people talking about wanting the my gaia tab changed literally right back to where it was for silly/dumb reasons, and sure I'm not as mad at those people, they're just slow with change, but it still gets on my nerves to see it over and over, when I, who hadn't known about the change either, can clearly understand the staff/devs/programmers' decision and have no qualms with it. Maybe that's just me being one-sided, but maybe I'm over compensating since precious few seem capable to understand why it may have changed. -shrug-

Also, no, this thread is decidedly NOT ******** FOR airing out all your complaints about the whole of the site. This is for reporting bugs or glitches with the header. That's the ******** all. And I'll have you know, I was bitching because I was fed up, just from the small length of this thread, with the bullshit, nit picky retarded a** criticisms that made my ******** brain just cringe because it's deplorable how lazy and entitled so many people seem to be in this thread. That was me venting my frustration directed specifically towards the stupid ******** in this thread [my ranting about the people in the thread not using the thread as it was intended kind of makes me one of those stupid ********, but for a fundamentally different reason] who think it's worth their trouble to quit over a cosmetic change to the site. It's such a pointless change.

1) No they aren't; I've been kind of annoyed at always seeing the cash offers whenever I want to go to the MP. Often I have thought about how they should change the header/tabs soon because each one was jam packed with s**t that was making it cumbersome to navigate. ALSO, if you'd read my original rant thoroughly, you'd have noticed that I did specifically say that yes, there is redundancy in the new headers and that should be addressed, but it's not the end of the ******** world, which is how a lot of people in here seemed to have reacted.
1a) If it doesn't work anymore then why would the try to use that strategy? Cash is already pushed on us from everywhere no matter where we go on the site. I'm glad they've [at least mostly] separated the bullshit offers I've never given two shits about to its own tab so that I don't have to see it when I go to the marketplace or gold shops. We see gaia cash every single day in the announcements, next to our gold count in the top right corner, on many items in the MP, it's already everywhere for us to see. That moment has long since passed, so that criticism is pointless and way out of date.

2) See 1. I agree, there is redundancy in the new header, and yes perhaps there can be some adjustments made, but acting like Gaia has committed some horrible offense like released a gold gen where you can win 500 trillion gold, will not ******** help your case. [besides only one or two people complained about the gofusion thing as compared to the many many more who had only asinine, childish, temper-tantrum-throwing comments to make]. Also.. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR OUR FEEDBACK UNLESS WE ARE REPORTING BUGS AND/OR GLITCHES. O wO But if we wanted to throw in some feedback, acting like Gaia started the apocalypse with this change is melodramatic and damaging to every single user who has legitimate concerns about the site. The header change, when you take a look at everything else, is not a ******** legitimate concern. It's like freaking out because your shoes don't match your top and it's the end of the world and you're going to just DIE of embarrassment because it's so awful that omg your shoes don't match your top. That's what it sounds like only 10million times more irritating, self-righteous and grating. THAT'S what my rant was about, not the fact that there's a lot of real issues to deal with on this site.

3) Again, I agree, this was a comparatively useless thing to update. Gaia has much bigger problems to deal with that they should address but haven't for YEARS now. Trust me I've been there, said that, thought that, complained about it and a whole fat lotta nothing changed in that regard. However, as I keep saying... this thread is NOT the place for that, and if they changed this stupid little header, so ******** what. They've majorly changed the layout of the Forums, and Games and World tabs and even back then during that time, they still had these underlying issues that they didn't bother working on. Should they work on these things, and am I mad that they haven't, instead opting for these minor changes? Yes. But it's still stupid to condemn the whole of the ******** site like this decision to slightly alter the header was like shutting down zOMG, yes THIS DAMN HEADER CHANGE IS THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF... well any rational person would say mild inconveniences but BY GOD, TO THESE OVERLY DRAMATIC, ******** DUMBASSES BELIEVE IT'S OF THE INTEGRITY OF THE SITE ITSELF. This minor header change is just a new low for Gaia, a low they've just never seen before, nevermind this whole entire past ******** year with the hyperinflation and all, naw this is right about on par with that. :T That's how these people come across. making a mountain out of a runty mole hill.

4) a) Only a vast majority? Not EVERYONE who buys cash? b) Actually, no, not everyone who buys cash, everyone who ******** uses this site has a goddamn right to have their voice heard, provided they aren't a) trolling, b) suggest things that have literally been tried and done and failed before, c) only b***h about how new Gaia sucks compared to old Gaia without giving legitimate criticisms [IE, everyone on here sucks now, the community is dead, etc etc other such lies and insulting generalizations]. But here's the kicker - they don't have a right to be abusive in language to the staff, or to be given the goddamn time of day if they aren't being a logical, sensible person, threatening to quit over something as mundane as a ******** header change. They also don't have a right to be above criticism from other users, as we all have our opinions and say. Another user has said how the header change was a user suggested idea, with many different kinds of users agreeing with it. Could they have been mistaken? It's possible, but at the same time I know I have frequently been thinking about how a new and updated header/tabs would be nice, so I'm sure I'm not the only one on here, thus giving the user's claim potential validity. Gaia heard those voices, and they did something. It was a small something, a something that doesn't really affect the grand scheme of things, but it was a small something they did for us. They also made that red bar to show when they have cash sales in order to curb the announcement spam, and guess what? That was another user suggested idea. Gaia CANNOT, in reality cater to the whims of every single ******** person on this site, so every ******** person on this site, cash spender or not, is gonna have to put up with some inconsequential bullshit they don't ******** like. And they'll have to ******** suck it the hell up because that's what ******** compromise is. These people I've bitched about have not had legitimate complaints, or if they do, they fail to look like anything more than whiny, wangsty ******** asshats who hate change and new things and would probably be the type of person who would have supported segregation back in the day because change makes them uncomfortable and unhappy and it's always unpleasant for them. They sound like spoiled ******** babies, and I'm not talking ONLY about cash users here, I'm talking about anyone who's literally pissed off at the new header so much they would actually ******** threaten to quit as if anyone gives a good god damn if they do. THOSE are the pathetic ******** I'm talking about, not the people who actually give a s**t about the site, and have constructive criticism to offer, or have understandable reasons to be righteously furious with the staff/head honchos/whatever else about this site. The people that pissed me off don't want their voices heard, they just don't want things to change and they want their way and they're bitching and moaning about the fact that Gaia's making some MINOR ******** TWEAKS to the site.

[note: the "you"s in the following paragraph are not at YOU in particular, it's the YOU in general, synonymous with one/a person/etc things like that, so I'm not criticizing YOU specifically here, just the attitudes I've seen in this very thread, which is what I'm frustrated at... some of the "you"s in the previous paragraphs may have been as well, I don't remember, this is a big wall-o-text]
Their money was spent on the goddamn pixels they bought. THAT'S what the ******** they paid for, not a share of the ******** company, where their opinions matter more than the other hundreds of thousands of users on this ******** website. THAT IS A LEGITIMATELY ENTITLED ******** THOUGHT PROCESS RIGHT THERE. I agree that it doesn't feel like Gaia is getting at the meat of the issues with the site, but if you've got the audacity to come into this thread, that's asking for users to report bugs or glitches caused by the new header, and throw down your misguided, head-up-your-a**, self-righteous indignation over this simple little edit then no your "opinion" deserves not one iota of respect, because you're acting like a bratty little snot-nosed baby who isn't used to the word "no." If you're condemning the whole of this site because they dared to reorganize the header, and you dial up that wahmbulance shriek as if, in this instance regarding this particular topic, that it's acceptable for you to be anything more than mildly irritated, nevermind completely irrationally pissed off at the site, then ******** you. I don't respect noobs, trolls or outrage that is completely uncalled for. I do not respect temper tantrums, which is all that can result from the level of hate and hostility the reaction this particular change Gaia has made has received.

And that is where you are so wrong. You ignore the real issues that need addressing on this site in favor of the staff releasing these "cosmetic" updates.

You whine and complain about the users who are royal pissed off that there money is being wasted on these pointless cosmetic updates that do nothing to better this site. Show me how having a gaia cash tab, and a gofusion tab will improve the major issues that have been largely ignored.

I guess you don't mind wasting your money do you? You insult people who have had enough of the bullshit from the staff and from users like your self. You get hostel when some one points out to you the errors in your statements, resorting to petty name calling and mud slinging. who are you to b***h and belly ache about people making demands for better use of there money? You b***h that the people who quite wont solve any thing by quieting? LETS SEE HOW LONG GAIA CAN KEEP ITS FREE TO PLAY STATUS WHEN THE MAJORITY OF THE CASH BUYERS WALK OFF!

You want to call me a noob? a troll? for what? because I'm sick of all you good for nothings who just want to go with the flow? GROW UP! My outrage is completely called for. I'm sick of my government misusing my tax money on pointless s**t, and now, gaia is using my donations on pointless s**t. When will you people learn?

They donated money for the use of improving and fixing this site, And what has been FIXED? JACK s**t NOTHING! The gaia cash is no different thin any other free to play game, all sites like that give intransitives for donating, things to make the donation worth it, do you really thing that 2,000+ gaia cash is really worth 25$ Hell the most costly item in this game wont even cost 25$ to make. not even 10$ And thin add duplication of that item, hell they more thin payed for the creation of that item with the first sale. No that money is donations meant to keep this site running, and to fix the issues with the site, and they have yet to fix any thing.

Dont comment back to me unless you got some hard facts backed by solid evidence. Until then any thing you say, is just you trolling and being a noob.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre

Agreed~ C:

I get the daily treats, I just have to click the tabs. It's an user made app, so it will be updated I'm sure. Daily treats are glitched, but was nice to see the staff notice about it.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
commissar ibram gaunt
And that is where you are so wrong. You ignore the real issues that need addressing on this site in favor of the staff releasing these "cosmetic" updates.

You whine and complain about the users who are royal pissed off that there money is being wasted on these pointless cosmetic updates that do nothing to better this site. Show me how having a gaia cash tab, and a gofusion tab will improve the major issues that have been largely ignored.

I guess you don't mind wasting your money do you? You insult people who have had enough of the bullshit from the staff and from users like your self. You get hostel when some one points out to you the errors in your statements, resorting to petty name calling and mud slinging. who are you to b***h and belly ache about people making demands for better use of there money? You b***h that the people who quite wont solve any thing by quieting? LETS SEE HOW LONG GAIA CAN KEEP ITS FREE TO PLAY STATUS WHEN THE MAJORITY OF THE CASH BUYERS WALK OFF!

You want to call me a noob? a troll? for what? because I'm sick of all you good for nothings who just want to go with the flow? GROW UP! My outrage is completely called for. I'm sick of my government misusing my tax money on pointless s**t, and now, gaia is using my donations on pointless s**t. When will you people learn?

They donated money for the use of improving and fixing this site, And what has been FIXED? JACK s**t NOTHING! The gaia cash is no different thin any other free to play game, all sites like that give intransitives for donating, things to make the donation worth it, do you really thing that 2,000+ gaia cash is really worth 25$ Hell the most costly item in this game wont even cost 25$ to make. not even 10$ And thin add duplication of that item, hell they more thin payed for the creation of that item with the first sale. No that money is donations meant to keep this site running, and to fix the issues with the site, and they have yet to fix any thing.

Dont comment back to me unless you got some hard facts backed by solid evidence. Until then any thing you say, is just you trolling and being a noob.
Oh look, another wall-o-text.

I don't ignore anything. If you bothered to understand what I said, you'd see, I'm not 100% hunky dory, happy or a-ok with Gaia, either. I know and fully understand they need to work on s**t that they've been neglecting. I don't deny that many users have many, many good reasons to be furious about important issues regarding this site. However, many of the users I've seen in this particular thread are for the vast majority, either not properly expressing themselves, or they really are just monumental, whiny spoiled brats who have to b***h about every little tiny thing with the same level of intensity as an actual important issue, which really only succeeds in diminishing the impact of those who save their rage for when it's deserved, and making the whole of Gaia's userbase look like ignorant children.

Again, if you bothered to actually read my wall of text, you'd see that I know that this header is a pointless update that doesn't actually fix anything. I know that. It's a band-aid over a severed limb, yes, I ******** understand how meaningless and pointless this header is. But you know what else is pointless? Blowing your lid over it and acting like the changes to the header are the problem, not the fact that Gaia updated that instead of working on the other issues with this site. The people in this thread, for the most part, have not been complaining about Gaia wasting its time on updating the header instead of fixing s**t that really is broken. The people in this thread are solely complaining about the stupid pointless header specifically. There is little to no mention of any other major issues that any of the users said should be worked on instead of the header [my facts behind this statement being the previous 6 or 7 pages of people complaining specifically about the header, and not mentioning the fact that Gaia should be focused on more important issues, though there is talk of Gaia being greedy and cash-grabby, which is kind of pointless and off-topic in this thread, which as I have said before, so is this debate/argument, so I'm not doing much better than them, but for a fundamentally different reason].

I'm not wasting my money if I use the item I buy, because that's literally all my money does. We can sway what Gaia does or doesn't sell based on what we spend, but we can't force them to work on certain issues. Do I want them to work on them? Yes. If enough people get tired of them not working on them, will they leave and let Gaia wither and die? Yes. But we cannot force them to make it. We can only uselessly demand it, like entitled babies demand their mother buy them toys, clothes, or pony lessons. I'm not bitching and moaning that users are upset with Gaia making stupid decisions, I'm bitching and moaning about HOW they're showing their frustration, because they're doing more harm than good to their own ******** cause by acting the way they are. Imagine; I'm not even one of the staff/admins/etc and skimming through the pages of this thread has managed to light a fire of hate and anger in me in defense of Gaia that I seriously haven't felt in YEARS. I wonder how intensely the staff are feeling it when they've worked there and done what they can to appease you, even if it isn't exactly what you want. Be angry that they don't if you want, but be useful when you want to use that anger in the name of change and improvement. Do you think clucking about like an irrational berserker would make ANYONE want to listen to that?
[Side note: It's not that there are holes in my argument, it's that you fail to understand the actual premise of my argument, because you're too busy seeing red with your pitchfork and torch, looking for something to burn. I'm actually more on your side than your dopey a** can see, because you aren't bothering to read.]

Again, yet another example of you NOT ******** READING MY GODDAMN COMMENT. Grats. I specifically said the "you" in that paragraph was not an insult at you, I was using the definition "one; anyone; people in general" which I clarified before that paragraph even started. I did not call you a noob or a troll or say your particular outrage was uncalled for. I said those are the types of folks who are not worthy of respect.
However, I will call you an idiot who can't comprehend anyone else's posts because you've got an agenda to push on and you want to turn me into some strawman that you can burn at the stake because you think you understand what the ******** I'm saying, when your reply has shown me that you clearly are SEVERELY impaired when it comes to understanding opposition, or an opinion that isn't 100% in agreement with you. You're too blinded by misplaced hate to understand anything I'm trying to say to you, so I guess this post is pretty useless, but I figure if you show no signs of even ATTEMPTING to see things from another perspective, then I'll know you're as lost a cause as that rabid asswipe from earlier in this thread.

WRONG. The only legitimate donators were back in 2003 when the Angelic Halo was released, because, if memory serves me right, no one knew they'd get an item for donating. They just donated to support the site. Gaia as it is now is a business. You are buying the use of those items for your avatar. Nothing. ********. More. When you buy a pizza from Pizza Hut, Domino's, or Papa John's, you are not donating to those stores, you are buying a ******** pizza. When you shop at Wal*Mart, Target, or KMart, you are not donating to those stores, you are buying clothes, food, toys, accessories or whatever the ******** else those places sell. When you eat at a restaurant, some local diner, or a fast food place, you are not donating to those stores, you are purchasing your meal to eat and that's it. So when you spend your money on this site, buying items, bundles, and whatever else, YOU ARE NOT DONATING TO THIS SITE. You are purchasing the items. Your say in what happens to Gaia pretty much ends with "What items do you guys want us to release?" Anything else they do is their choice. Does this mean it's always a good choice? Hell no. Gold Gens were the shittiest ******** ideas I've ever heard in my life. Neglecting the features on this site that are in dire need of repairs is one giant, massively rotting shithole of a decision, but it's their decision to make, because it's their site. You can choose to spend or not spend here, but you do not, in the end, have a say in what they decide to do. If they're a SMART [and lucky enough] business, they'll listen to us and do as much as we ask of them as they can, but that's up to them to make non-sleazy, non-underhanded, non-betraying-the-trust-of-its-users decisions. We buy the items. that's what our money pays for. That's where our power lies. Our voices can be heard and taken into consideration, but that's a courtesy to us ...and to an extent themselves, because if they said "nope" to everything we asked, then they'd more than likely have to shut the business down.

It is that mentality of yours right there that makes you and people who are similar to you sound entitled. Do you have a say when your favorite beverage changes its logo, formula, prices or practically anything about it? No. Even though you buy it, no you don't. Do you have a say in what kind of songs your favorite band should make just because you buy their albums? No. You paid for their music, not a say in their musical process or managerial rights to them. It is literally the exact same when you buy items from here. You are buying the items you like from them, you are not buying a share of the company that is Gaia Online, therefore, get your head out of your idealistic a**, grow the ******** up and join the rest of us who live in the real world. :T Do not make the mistake of deluding yourself into believing you have more power than you do; your righteous fury will only result in a lot of wheel spinning, fuming, and finally being defeated as you at last understand what I'm trying to drill into your brain [that or you keep fighting forever, moving from place to place/site to site, constantly feeling wronged and used, living a life where you get to always play the victim because you lack a basic understanding of how s**t actually works, not how things SHOULD work].

I'm not saying that it doesn't sound nice for it to work that way. It would be lovely if Gaia's higher ups listened to us and got off their asses and worked on the maintenance and upkeep of the site like they should. But that's really the main thing, is just the maintenance. Gaia listens to us a lot more than you realize. I remember there used to be petitions left and right for multicolored hair, and now look at all the options Gaia has made available for us. They've even made it so we can basically customize a hairstyle with multiple items. We wanted pricey gold shop items et voila~ Dernier Cri [which could use an update] and Loyal's Bazaar came into being. People wanted a Towns update, and they got it. And there are lots of small insignificant things they've done for at least some users as well. Is Gaia perfect in its execution of all of these things? No. Have some of them been disappointing? Yes. But Gaia isn't perfect because nothing in life is perfect. There is a LOT wrong with this site, this is true, but there is also a lot right with it, even if the current CEO didn't have a lot to do with it, or ******** up a lot this past year. There are still hella awesome people on here, and it's still a decent place to make friends with similar interests.
Don't polarize the state of this site to suit your argument. Don't fill your point of view with half-truths and refusing to look at or acknowledge what good has been done to say that they fix nothing. [Staff Updates]. They fix lots of tweaks and things to the site when bugs and glitches happen. They have outdated parts of this site they should update, yes, but the site's issues are mostly minimal. It's just regular updates to the different features they have that need some sprucing.

It's funny that I need facts to back up my claims while you don't need facts or proof to back up yours. It's also funny that you call me a troll when you're the one who initiated contact with me. I ranted about the idiots I saw in this thread, sure, but I didn't single you out, quote you, or directly insult you. FYI, It's not being a noob if I'm just pointing out the flaws and errors in your statements and trying to get you to see things from a different POV, even if your arrogance and bullheadedness leaves me irritated so that I'm not being calm and diplomatic when I reply to you.

Lastly, ******** learn how to spell your words right, it really ruins your argument that I'M apparently the idiot who doesn't understand how things work when you can't even use the right words in a simple argument against me. Understand the proper use of there/their/they're, thin[where the ******** you got that idfk]/then/than, your self/yourself/any one/anyone. [intransitives? You mean incentives?] Your replies are fairly difficult to decipher, which kind of automatically gives me more credence than you, since your inability to properly grasp this language in an effort to come at me [bro] with any sort of air of intelligence is just thoroughly undermined by, well, just how ignorant you sound. All your replies do is prove my argument right when you can't properly ******** English and you want to try to have some bullshit battle of wits against me [even if this IS the internet, and even worse - GAIA, that we're arguing on and about, thus making us both participants in the Special Olympics].

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Scobre
Saffrons_Curse
Scobre

Agreed~ C:

I get the daily treats, I just have to click the tabs. It's an user made app, so it will be updated I'm sure. Daily treats are glitched, but was nice to see the staff notice about it.

Ooooooh~~~ So those aren't like the Daily Chances? o 3oa
BaabyAurora
I'm running an old script that is really outdated.
User Image

There is this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas