Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image

She had said her piece and it felt like hours before anyone was going to do anything in response to it. The captain wasn't exactly the most talkative person she had ever come across. Most of the conversations between the two always seemed short lived. This would be a good reason why he wasn't exactly a bro. It never accured to her that the Captain would come at her. Maybe it was bold and stupid but that was exactly what made Naomi, Naomi. She was thick headed and great with her hands. When the captain killed the Doctor Naomi wasn't even on the same floor. The after math hit worse than any bomb she had ever read about. Right now she was still trying to fix the residue. Even so, there was thing she had to make priority. Kaori was just one of those things. When a man spoke up shouting 'Don't kill her.' Naomi gave a questionable look. Maybe she had made herself to comfy here. Why would he even think to strike her. She had told him this relationship would change at any time. She sailed because of the need to feel the ability of choice. Now she was making another choice. Her eyes turned slowly back to the Captain. He was now making eye contact with her. "Eh, man this is awkward.." Was he going to say something?

It wasn't a hard request. Really, she wasn't even demanding him to help her. She was merely asking him to drop her off. If he refused it she would find another way to get to her sister. This is just the type of girl Naomi was. There was only one way, if that way wasn't blocked she would do what ever possible to unblock it. 'Do as you please.' Those words hit Naomi's ears like the man had been screaming. Maybe it was because how quiet the room had gotten. Her shoulders lowered as a soft sigh of relief escaped her. Honestly she didn't think he would be this okay but that didn't mean he would be willing to helpfully. Any little bit meant something to her. "Thank you, Captain." She would have given him a bro-fist but really it would have been more of a waste of time. Once again she was reminded how quiet everyone was being when the Captain walked out. She really could have made a strange beat with how loud his feet sounded. The silence finally broke when the door shut behind the captain.

The crew looked so happy to see she lived through the request. Naomi was just glad he agreed to it. She would have hated to hitch hike. Really, she wasn't sure how exactly that works in places like this. 'Gonna bethe end of you, Captain!' In the beginning she glanced behind her. Nope, the man was seriously calling her Captain. The title she really, really didn't want. An honor to be favored so greatly but the responsibility was tiring enough from this angle. "Bro, its Naomi." She joked before placing a large gauntlet on top of his head. "I'm just sorry to drag all of you guys into this." Naomi meant that. Seeing anyone get hurt was a pleasent sight.

"I don't know what I would have done if he had killed you."
One of the crew members spouted. Naomi hand extened to the back of her own head. The large fingers rustling a bit at her head in a lazy scratch. Maybe she should be more worried about her life when she is around Rodgers. "You stood, and he.." He continued only to finish "I swear you where going to die just like the Doctor." Her eyes turned to the side.

"I didn't think about it.."
She really hadn't thought about the Captain killing her. He wasn't a bro-tain but they had been through a lot. "I don't think he would have." Or maybe the time doesn't mean anything to the man. Rodger didn't really talk at all. So how could there be an actual connection of vice. "I mean I guess it's possible." The crew members stood in flat shock. How on earth could she not see how dangerous the man is. He had just killed one of there own so quickly. He could do the same any moment.

"I think yo-"
Before the man finished Naomi lifted her wrist.

"Pause, I gotta go check my lead down in the engine room. Plus, I got another working on this damn heat problem so."
There was something about the central unit that wasn't working that caused it to push out nothing but hot air. To say it is a minor problem is an understatement. Naomi preferred the colder climates being that she wore so much. On top of that, Metal doesn't exactly breath. "Stop sweating the Doctor's death and start getting excited to meet my angel like sister." She cheered throwing her fist in the air before leaving. "She's so adorable you guys are probably going to fall instantly in love with her." True, she hadn't seen Kaori in a long while. Even years wouldn't change Naomi mind about the girl. The metal doors shut behind her and the men looked towards one an other.

"She's so brave."
The other two nodded with a smile. Naomi waited for a moment listening quietly with a sigh. "I wish she would just be Captain already, I mean she practically is." Honor? No that would be an absolute head ache. Than you have to keep people in line. As much as she hated the idea, Naomi was more like a tomboy mom to the crew. She made sure what needed to be done was done. People got what they needed and everything petty or blah fell to the waist line. The Captain, he was more like.. Well he was more like the house, he laid down the laws and his laws where like walls. You just didn't get through them. Unless you where Naomi than you where dumb enough to try to punch through them.

"Captain, don't you dare die."
She mumbled under her breath. "Cause I don't want your place." Being the right hand man was one thing, being the head was to much. Naomi still craved the ability of freedom of choice. Being tied down to a captain position that mean that everyone relied on your choice on where to go. If you decided not to sail anymore that effected everyone. Nope, ran away from people making choices for her. There was no way in hell she wanted to be the one making the choices. The more she thought about seeing Kaori, the more Naomi felt a strange sense of worry. What would she say if Kaori hated who she had become. Found herself standing in front of the doors to the engine room. The mental clean enough to show her reflextion. The letters V.I. tattooed deep on to her face. Her hand ran softly through the portion of her hair tha twas cut so short it might as well barely be there. Would she even regonize Naomi? Everything she changed about herself, Naomi loved. From the piercings to the markings, but had she done it because she liked it or was it out of spite. A loud garish scream escaped beyond the doors. A thank would be needed for who ever the scream belonged too. It forced her to remember, she absolutely liked who she was.

Racing in she saw two men freaking out while another man slowly begain to be dragged into one of the gears to the engine. What on earth was he doing. "What going on." Really? Was there time for an explanation? Her body regripped the mans shoulder while she shouted out orders. "Shut it down." If they had, they would stop moving, this was the gears to the left vertical stabilizer. Leaving a man to be sucked up into it would be giving it the ability to jam so either way it wasn't a good choice. The other two men went to argue but change there mind quickly turning to do as told. "The second I say, you Manuel restart the stabilizer." Simple, all she needed was someone to double check some gears and this is what happens when she isn't watch. The gear rotated once more as his hand finally was dragged into it. Naomi grit her teeth hearing the crunching sounds. She held him back but if she did to much more it would only rip at his arm socket. "Hurr-" The gear's stopped, Her gantlets forced the gears backwards allowing the man to pull away. His hand completely crushed.

"Now!"
Her hands pulled away quickly and the gears moved once more like nothing had happened. The blood now greasing the metal. Truly, it was a pretty gross sight. "What would you guys do without me?" The other men finally meeting back with the wounded. One of them quickly wrapped an old nasty work towel around his hand to form some kind of structure for him. "Pound it!" She paused for a moment noticing she was offering it to the man who just got his hand crushed. Probably not the greatest thing to do. Greg stared for moments. The other two men gave a questionable stare before Greg used his good hand clank knuckles with.

"Would'a been betta if ya been quick'a."
A small smile starting to form with his statement. "Shi next tin I gitten the message to the cap, ya doin' ya job'. "
PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image
User Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image

tab Althea jumped in surprise when Vok entered the room. Vok! Yay! Althea loved everyone on the ship, but Vok was most definitely in her top five. He was cold and mysterious and he spoke with such authority. Althea would often make up long stories in her head about him, why he wore his helmet, what his backstory was like. I mean, Vok never told her! Still, she got the sinking suspicion that underneath the mysterious front that Vok put on, he was probably a really, really nice guy.
                            tab Still... Al made a promise to Naomi to be 'quieter' about the mission. But what did quieter mean? Like, volume quieter? Or 'more discreet' quieter? She pressed her lips into a thin line.
                            tab "Oh... uh. Yeah. About that. The captain. He totally authorized--! I mean, he's going to! Probably! Naomi's going to talk to... I mean, I assumed she was. So! A report!"
                            tab Right. Reports. Al hated reports. They were so boring! Why did you have to fill out paperwork whenever adventure was going to be had?! Why couldn't you just go out there, take pictures, and make a scrapbook instead? I mean, a scrapbook was a lot less boring and had way more pretty pictures and fun borders. Still, Vok had a point. If they didn't file a report, there was no guarantee that they wouldn't remember all the little details, and Althea wanted to know all the details. Besides, if no one fills out the paperwork, the captain would get mad. So she'd have to tell Vok where they were going. Hopefully, he wouldn't get mad. But he was kinda mad all the time! So hey! What's to lose?!
                            tab "Okay... but I got to be quieter." She lowered her voice. "We're going... to T--"
                            tab The CAPTAIN! Althea instantly jumped into an over-the-top salute. "Cap-i-tan-o!" At your service sir!"

Opposing Mazzy

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Fused Spirit

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

=======================================================

User Image
Always the hero, it seemed. The sooner he could leave, the better. Just what was it that made the crew and others not only tolerant of the pink-haired "alien", but adore her? He was confident that the head mechanic/first mate package was that of the female gender, but was that truly all there was to it? He could certainly accomplish the same as she, and had attempted to prove as such in at least one role. Vok had never been given the opportunity to try and show the woman up in the role of "first mate", and doubted he ever would. What he painted his outlook with was a domineering shade of bitter truth based on the similarly grim reality that his origins aboard the ship might not be as secret as he had sought to keep it. His loadout and aggressive posturing, when combined with his noted ambition and competitiveness, should have pinned him as the warmonger he was. The crew could well be afraid of him. Fear was a powerful weapon, far more so than any physical weapon that could be wielded. Did they think he a robot, a machine?

Hmph. Unlikely. Quite the sexist crew this time around. Something has a desirable....loadout, and the fodder are all over it. I'll enjoy killing them when it comes time. As narrow-minded as this bunch is, it won't be long before their deaths will be necessary.

For all the good his hard suit did him in concealing every emotion that coursed through him, sometimes it angered the male to be forced to be confined to it. Vok trusted no one aboard. He had too much at stake to risk being caught at an inopportune moment. Again, he saw his "partner" officer as that of a child, and often times it took him a great deal of control not to bluntly ask what gender Althea was. It was always a battle of "equality" with him. Never had he wrapped his head around the idea that this....girl, was to be considered his equal. Of course, he didn't exactly see anyone on board as equal. The captain only remained so because he hadn't prepared well enough....as far as anyone was concerned. Even so, as "Al" spoke and essentially confirmed what he had presumed, his helmet vibrated back and forth slightly, as if a small tremor of rage possessed it. This could be confirmed with the similarly visual cue of his hands balling into fists for a moment. They had yet to make a stress ball he hadn't broken. With an audible exhale and what sounded like a guttural growl following that, Vok remained silent. The captain had decided on making his rounds.

The idea of some place starting with a "T" didn't exactly narrow the list down. The large brute began mentally trying to narrow that category down. Saluting was a sign of debt owed. That much had been established between the two a long time ago, and to which the biologist would continue paying back with compliance...usually silent compliance, but nevertheless. He understood why everyone else showed the man incredible respect...almost to the point of worship. Nuggets of wisdom were hard-earned...but well worth holding on to aboard his ship.

Mmm....T....Terra, referring to Earth Prime. I believe that's what its official designation is now that other planets also bear the name of "Earth". Of course, they could have just abandoned it and left it nameless. Still, relevant suggestion. Tallh? ....I suppose it's plausible....but there would be nothing for that woman there. It has to be something of value, which leads me to believe that it's close by, and inhabitable by more than bacteria. That narrows it down to....Tos or the Tensmoot field. The latter technically isn't livable, but last I checked...there was a station out there. Tos is a great place....as long as you don't mind body swappers and potentially ending up stuck in a stuffed bear or equivalent for something around the time span of three hours. Mmmh. Stupid girl. I wish I could simply have known instead of you deciding that it was time to suck on the captain's toes again like everyone seems so fond of doing. He does seem as though he has business to attend to with the lot of us. Can it and see what he's about, then.

That settled, the male let out another heavy breath and adjusted his position to better center orient around the captain's position. He wasn't the leader of anything besides this vessel and squishy meatbags, but outnumbered sixty-five or six to one....he had little choice but to comply.

Shinsonic The Sequel

Interesting Noob

User Image

There sat Saito in the middle of the dojo. He sat there listening to the perfect mediation music, which was playing from the very old school record player. A player that the handy Naomi restored for him. He had to swallow his pride to ask that woman to assist him. Just the thought made Saito let out a sigh. He continued his deep mediation. He sat in the dojo, which was his domain, his area, his place of solitude. Solitude is what Saito was best known for on the ship. Always alone and keeping to him self until he was needed or for a mission. He never really conversed with any of the crew mates. It wasnt like he didnt like them or anything or the sort. Just....Saito was not a people person. Besides Vok and of course the Captain, Rodgers. Many of the crew mates are afraid of Saito. Simple because how he carries him self with such seriousness and poise. Not to mention that powerful stoic scowl upon his face adds to that fear. No one has ever seen him show any other emotion other then pissed off. no smile, no laugh, or even a chuckle.

Once during training, Althea tired to get a smile out of him and failed horribly being hip tossed across the dojo. "Emotions cloud the mind and a warrior must be focus at all times. You never know when or where an emery may appear". Are his words that he tells people when they ask why does he look the way he does. Saito then rose to his feet as the beautiful song had ended. He opened his eyes and stared at the many kanji on the massive metal wall. At that moment he felt a jolt or tug from the ship. As if the ship stopped and then just as quick as it happened the ship was moving once again. He didnt think about what happened, was not his place. However, he did think about their next mission. And in order to find out what that was he need to go 'talk' with Rogders. A person he did not really see eye to eye with and wanted to kill. But Saito had a debt to pay. And as a warrior filled with honor, he was going to pay it in full.

Saito head towards the dojo doors, put on his sandals and headed top side. Down the metal hall walked the spiky haired man. It was a sight to see Saito out and about on the ship much like Rodgers. Many thought him and Rodgers were from the same side of the coin. Another thing he hated being compare to him. So it be a surprise to see Rodgers down the hall with that metal man, Vok. Another person he wish to put in his place. As he got closer he saw that Althea was with them as well. And in his deep tone of voice he spoke.

"Its rare for you to moving around, let alone away for that dirty chair of yours Rodgers. This mission must be quite the mission."

OOC: Bad I know *shrugs*...>_>...If I need to change anything, let me know and all that jazz

Ichigo The Bunny

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Rodgers | -

Shadow King
The Immortal Captain Rodgers
Davey Jhones Reincarnate

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

xxxUser Image

"Tepenbala..." He'd say, his cold gaze barely giving Althea a half second glance, before returning to Vok. "We're going to Tepenbala..." He'd say again, as if trying to make some kind of point aimed specifically at Vok. He heard Saito come up from behind, and turned his head not even an inch to the side, before once again lining his sights back up on the largest crew member. He heard Saiot speak- but seemed to ignore him. "Come..." He said clearly to Vok, turning to walk past Saito. As he came to stand side by side, he'd give the man one half second of eye contact, before it would break from Rodgers moving past the man. Rodgers didn't need to say it... "Ready your men" was the general air coming from him... For awhile crew thought Rodgers cared for them- but as always, rumors began swirling about how Rodgers only cared about the precious hard suits that couldn't seem to be replaced if lost, that the crew wore. Truth be told, it was nearly impossible to tell if this was, or wasn't the case. Anyone who ever tried to get an answer out of him never got one. Usually they just got ignored- not that it was surprising to anyone. Rodgers continued to walk, leading Vok on for maybe five or ten minutes. They were probably somewhere near the middle of the ship now.

Rodgers entered a large- dusty at that, room with a few storage boxes here and there- but rather empty over all. It looked like it hadn't been used in awhile. Waiting for Vok to follow through, the door would close behind him. "You know what Tepenbala is... And you know I can't have you being found out..." He'd say, actually giving him a full on glare for some reason. But despite that- Rodgers grabbed the giant neck plate, yanking his head/helmet down to eye level as if to make his point more intimidating, or something of the nature. "You've been killing my crew... And now you owe them..." He said, holding that awkwardly close gaze, before releasing him. "If things go the way I see them..." He said sounding more so like he was hoping they wouldn't. "Then they'll try to board the ship..." It'd been awhile since Rodgers had talked this much- let along laid out what sounded like a plan- it wasn't a feeling he seemed to miss from the tell tale of his tone. "You want to kill something right" He said, not phrasing it as a question, but more so an obvious statement... "Kill any who step foot on my ship...- and you had better not let any of my crew die..." He said imposing the last of his words as a threat. "Otherwise I'll lock you in a storage bay for the next month..." He said. Unfortunately for the both of them, Rodgers did need Vok- for what, it was still not made clear- or maybe the large and eldest member of the crew next to Rodgers himself, had already caught on- if so then it wouldn't make to grand of an amount of difference.

"If you're found out..." He said, the lining of his words nearly laced with a mix of pity and threat. "Then I'll lock you in the ships depths that not even it's head mechanic knows of... And you'll stay there not known of until the time comes that I need you" He said almost expecting Vok to lash out. Vok wasn't exactly one to be controlled- Rodgers had learned that first hand. But between his plans, and the near primal lust for blood he showed... Rodgers narrowed his eye. "But if you try to go on another rampage...- and I don't care of your reasons... I will kill you- and it won't be in some glorious flash of battle... You can ask Naomi later on to put a better designed lock on your door, or even reinforce it if need be... You know what you have to do to keep what little freedom I permit you to have- do not forget that... I let you live- whether you wanted to or not" He said, walking past Vok towards the door. "Your life is mine now" He'd say as the door slid past behind him. There'd be a slight "beep" noise, heard from the other side of the door. Rodgers seemed to lay enough trust to let it only be opened from the inside... Still... It was almost as if Rodgers was intentionally trying to poke at Vok, as if trying to rile him up. He'd stand there for a few seconds, as if listening, or waiting to see if Vok would start a rampage right then and there- but then kept walking.

Minutes would go by, and eventually, Rodgers would finally make his way back to the ships deck. He made no eye contact with Naomi, or any of the other crew. He simply walked to his chair per the usual, and sat down. His head slightly slouching to the side- just barely noticeable, while his hair kept most of his eye covered. Rodgers main fear was that he'd given away to much to Vok...

(( Sorry for the minor god modding Mazzy ))

Cyto

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User Image

User Image

Sometimes the ship felt like a huge family. Other times it reminded her what it really was. What was that? Well a flying group of wanted convicts that would easily earn a bullet for what they have done. "Yeah, yeah..." She waved her hand to get the man to gesture she wasn't listen to closely. "It's not like I don't hear that at least once a day." Naomi watched quietly as the two walked the wounded one out. To say that she thought everyone believed that she belonged in the position she was in was a lie. There is probably more that didn't really say it out loud. When the air locks shut behind the three men she stood alone in the large engine room. The sound of the gears turning while metal clanked about. She began to go through her motions. After doing it for so long she had a little ritual.

She still had a lot to think about before she actually saw her sister. What was she going to say to her. The whole, I just disappeared cause reasons but I'm back to save the day look at me!? Just didn't seem like the best thing to say. Than there would be the whole questioning why they where putting her on murder charges. Kaori was such a sweet girl. Naomi never once remember seeing one violent tendency about her. How on earth could someone wrap such bogus charges around a young girl and still be able to sleep at night. Something wasn't right, Naomi felt very strongly about that. "It's probably all thier fault." With everything on her mind she hadn't even noticed that she had already finished checking her basics. Maybe it was time she check on the person who was suppose to be fixing the central cooling. Her arm raised to clear the sweat from her forehead. "If I sweat anymore I'm going to turn into jerky."

Naomi loud boots clattered across the floor. The deeper she walked the louder she could hear the cusing. He was suppose to be one of her skilled mechanics. Yet, with the words he was spouting it seemed like he was having a bit of trouble. "Stupid, f*cking ship." He continued for moments. Naomi leaned over the man seeing him half way crawled into what looked to be a vent.

"Having some trouble there, bro?"
Naomi's voice startled the man. When she spoke up there was a loud clank sound like he had lifted his head into the ceiling.

"F*ck Naomi, warn a guy before you just sneak up on them like that."
If he wasn't smacking things around maybe he would have heard her. Not to mention the cursing so loudly would have covered some of her sounds as well. "This piece of sh*t cooling system is older than my great grand dad." One thing that most of the mechanics didn't understand is why they couldn't just start scrapping things. There was a lot of things that should be parted out. Special circumstances made it to where Naomi only a proved little things here and there to to be handled at a time. "I mean seriously, this thing needs to be completely gutted."
PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image
User Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image

tab Althea sprang into action as soon as the captain left the room. "You heard the man! We're going to Tepenbala! Let's get this hunk of metal moving, people!
                            tab The men in her crew ran around, getting everything prepared. Al looked down at her compass-- What good was this compass, anyways? Were they really heading due northwest? What was northwest in space? There really wasn't any northwest without a planet or axises... But Al had no time to think about logic! There was adventure to be had!
                            tab "SET PHASERS FOR FUN! TO TEPENBALA!"

~

tab The ship made its way across the solar system until finally, it reached the edge of Jupiter. Mars was in sight, home planet of their final destination. Al bounced up and down on her heels, barely able to contain her excitement.
                            tab "LADIES AND GENTS! We have ARRIVED! The defenses are just up ahead! Oh my gosh oh my gosh we're going to break into a big awesome place and there's going to be explosions and fun!"
                            tab She scurried out of the control room, running down the halls, shouting for Naomi. "NAOMI! NAOOOOOOMMIIIIIII!" Hopefully, she'd find her some time. She wanted to know if she was allowed to go with her. Sometimes, they wanted Al to stay on the ship-- One crew member had the nerve to say that Al wasn't intimidating or suited for battle! Nonsense! Al was plenty scary, and she was fully equipped with a wooden pistol and plenty of nerve! She was ready to break into one of the universe's most dangerous places ever ever ever. What's to stop her? ONLY HER OWN SELF-LIMITATIONS! That, and a few thousand laser guns, but those are no biggie.

Fused Spirit

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image
Tepenbala. Of course the wretch would want to go there. He hadn't expected their destination to be all that close at all. Of course, they wouldn't really need a description of what was down there...it was to be expected from him anyway though. Wretched hive of busybodies and their "livelihoods". As if what they made for brews could be counted as anything worth pissing in, let alone drinking. It was for that moment by itself that Vok appreciated having what was essentially the entire "medical bay" to himself. With the loss of their "dear Rachel", of course. The male had seen it fit to make the whole of the area of the ship his own "laboratory". He'd left the actual medical supplies alone, but definitely made room for his own creations. What the brute cooked up down there was questionable, but according to him, edible and even desirable. "What true men strove for", as he'd called the flask he'd held and answered with when questioned. He'd even been in a proper mood to "socialize", though that might have been credited with whatever was actually in the flask. Visually, it appeared to be a color similar to pond scum with the viscosity of what might be equivalent to syrup. It clung to itself, and as one crewman described it as having "floaties" or "backwash" in it. Whatever else it had in it, Vok declined to say. He did offer a sample to those of a "hearty" nature, calling it "a drink to put fur on one's chest." A couple of them questioned him as to whether he meant "hair" on his chest, and he simply shook his head and reiterated it as "fur", and commented it being "that strong".

What all this led to was the initial thought of being left alone on the ship. What he didn't understand though, was why EVERYONE had to go, sans him. Yes, he'd deep-fried and immolated and cryo-shocked nosy and worthless shipmates....but that shouldn't have been enough to merit such. Even as Rodgers stalked off, the giant male let a rumble in his throat loose. So much for the Nthacha mixing. That was what he'd called it.

And a fine name for such a wretch of a drink. I'll have to let her know I made a drink and named it after her. Fiery as it goes down, much as the rest of these "unweaned" describe their drink...."Scotch" or something of that ilk as. Like drinking heated shards of metal with an unforgiving brine to move it all along. I meant it that way, just like any progress I was trying to make with her. Slow, thicker than anything back home, and meant to have you pounding your fist against the table as you drink it down. Truly...a masterpiece. Now if only I could actually get some time to myself to brew it up. Hell, if I thought it'd kill people, I'd serve it there, watch as the prideful shits try to get it down and hit the floor as they do. Take the sodding ship back, do what I want, and....hell, iono. I just want to have some alone time where I'm not the damned guard dog.

As far as Vok was concerned, he owed Rodgers obedience until he could get back to his own planet again. This wasn't something he could just do though. That "owing his life" to Rodgers was pure bullshit. Now, if he believed the captain could do more than sit in a chair and know how to act menacing at the appropriate times, he might actually be inclined to do more for the man. The male was not, in fact, prone to bubbling over at all times, but there were definitely moments more ideal than others for that. Like being taken for granted or said talents. He didn't expect manners, but credit given where it was due.

Kill me, he says. If I lay a finger on them. Don't know why the b*****d craps don't just go with Rodgers and all them so whatever's down there this time can just eat the cannon fodder and the officers can retreat back here. They're all the same, really. The captain should know better than to expect me to behave well when the crew gets eaten or killed in about the same time it takes me to train them not to bother me. If they kept veterans around, they could at least be some kind of assistant in the "training process". Feh. I'll just make my own lock. No need for big-hands president to get involved. Especially not her.

It was a glad moment that Vok always had when he wanted to avoid any unnecessary exposure of emotions, and that kicked in the moment he opened the door. The rest of the crew were still there...for the most part, and shut the door behind him. With heavy, echoing footsteps, he lumbered onward, ceasing at his partnered officer, as if to ask a question...and she darted off, screaming her head off in apparent joy. With a ragged exhale, he shook his head and grabbed a loose sheet of paper and pen. He had more important things to do than try to catch the child-like officer and ask a question. He'd simply answer his own question and presume they were all idiots and never been there before.

TEPENBALA
  • Standard human colony, inhabitable as per typical of the Martian revitalization project. Notable for excessive political corruption.
  • Bounty hunters are slightly more prone to frequent Mars in general, with Tepenbala being no exception.
  • Yasp. Yasp swarms are common near the colony, and are close enough in both name and threat to be simply called "martian wasps." That is a jest. While they are unaggressive by nature, the effective "queen" is indistinguishable from the rest of the swarm, and any approach to it triggers the entire horde of shiv sized projectiles. Yasps are roughly the size of a man's torso, with the wings being roughly one and a half times the length of that man's arm.
  • Nyasag. Nyasags are also present. These are the byproduct of genetic breeding and domestication attempts gone wrong. Nyasags are, perhaps somewhat indicative, "cat-folk", both by their appearances and the sound they make, akin to that of a housecat mewing, pitch adjusted. More specifically though, they are infected humans. Deceptively smart and underhanded. Their main threat, aside from spreading their own disease, is their relatively human appearance. Most oft, they are divided into two types. The first and primarily encountered, are the lot that have gained enough sentience and speech to disguise themselves, hiding their infected parts to blend in. A Nyasag is still just that. Most of even this type will still default to that name as "their name". So all you normally have to do is ask what their name is to weed them out. At least, that's as per the last update anyone's ever gotten on them. The second type are primarily nocturnal, or either wear full armoring to minimize skin exposure. These are what might be equated to being "feral". The more savage Nyasag is better with human technology and is quick to scoop up anything that can be used as a weapon. The fear factor the "race" poses to humans, as you could say. Keep them out of range, or at least don't let them wound you. Poisons and paralyzing tonics are frequent to whatever they're carrying. As with the former variety, their mission is to convert, but with less inhibitions to simply killing if you pose too much trouble for them.

Nyasags do not hunt or travel in groups in cities, and possess the unpleasant trait of being invulnerable to projectiles. This may explain their own preference for close combat.

• Meegan. The meegans, for reference, are parasites that also employ deception to obtain success. What differs between a Meegan and a Nyasag is the amount of mutation in the victims. A Nyasag victim is exponentially less likely to end its life after experiencing the mutations the individual will undergo. Meegan infections are fewer, but far more lethal. Meegans appear in their basest state, as blue flecked grapes. Of note is that these vines that spawn them are also Meegan, but only grow on walls. Common sense, do not eat fruit you find on the side of a building. Once infected, the individual may go weeks or months with no apparent changes. They may also change overnight. Animals are most frequently victims, and very frequent will you see a dog seemingly composed of nothing but vines, leaves, and animated wood. Meegan hounds, as they are called, are harmless. The meegan parasite does not jump from specie to specie. Therefore, avoid anything that appears humanoid that also matches a sort of plant-life. Noted humanoid infections do not produce the fruit that initially infects. Humanoid meegans are rare, as they tend to lose their sanity and desire to live rather quickly.

That written, Vok folded the paper and attached it to Al's compass. Surely the navigator wouldn't be able to miss it, and she'd be back to at least gather up something or the other. If not....well, perhaps some of the crew might not come back after all. He stifled a chuckle at that thought, and sidled his way out the control room door. He had go to equip himself and mentally ready himself. How exactly was he supposed to stand there for an indefinite amount of time as a deterrent while the rest of the crew went on an adventure? Granted, Tepenbala was a boring atmosphere, but sometimes the Nyasag conversions were in such just a manner that made them interesting to look at. He'd interrogated plenty before. They weren't a Martian exclusive, and actually originated elsewhere. They'd made their way to his home planet, and it was with great pride that he could state they had been driven off-planet.

Shinsonic The Sequel

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
[PASS]

Shinsonic The Sequel

Emmie The Strange

Healing Sweetheart

13,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
x
x
x

x
x

x
x

Mood: Grumpy Location: Kitchen on Ship Company: Crew Current Activity: Eating Current Thoughts: Well time for some fun...

x
x

Captain Blasgrasa
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ƒєммє ƒєтαℓє

█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Images flashed over eyes that fluttered in a fitful sleep. A body laid on it's side on a bed that had blankets tossed everywhere. Images of those grunts and how she was trained until she laid on the ground panting but never gave up, how they always kept saying they would sell her and she hoped on it eventually... So she could return to her mother. Her sick mother who now flashed in front of her which caused her to roughly toss in her sleep. Causing the pillow that had just been under a bit of her head to fall onto the metal floor. She hated sleeping especially when she was trapped like this.

Trapped how? Trapped where she was a victim to these repeated nightmares where she had to be there out of body to what her younger self deal with these things. Sure it made her stronger now and gave her purpose. But... But who is to say she could not have just remained with her mother longer. Trained on her own with someone. Then done the unthinkable? Did it have to be such a b***h move by those grunts? Her mother died because of them... Or she would would like to think but her mother had warned her. It was her fault and it was at these times that guilt ate at her soul.

She struggled to get comfortable. Sweat was all over despite the temperature controlled room keeping it a comfortable temperature for her. She always knew she had these night terrors, nightmares, night sweats. She always ended up taking her sharper clothes off like her boots and jacket so not to rip her sheets and blankets to shreds in her violent tossing. Sometimes she even just went to sleep in the bare minimum. Which luckily for her was no problem on a ship full of women. Not that they would barge into her room without good reason. She tossing so hard at the image of some poor b*****d she killed a long time ago ended up making her smash her head into the metal wall next to her bed.

Groaning she sat up. Looking around she groaned again. Her bed looked like a battlefield... Pillows that remained were scattered those which did not were on the floor. Blankets were tied, twisted, and thrown everywhere and she was sweating. She brushed her hair back along with some sweat... She needed water and probably was going to get harassed by the medic if this bang turned into lump. Sometimes she did it. They swore that she was training in her room and she went along with it because how horrible would it be to say no just bad dreams. Literally fighting bad dreams... Well not literally but it felt that way. Maybe closer to fighting old demons.

With a sigh she tried to fix her bed as best as she could. Placing pillows back and putting blankets down so they covered the bed. She then went into the bathroom. Her ship was small but it still had things that was needed. She cleaned herself up before changing into her normal clothes. Dark boots, pants, baggy shirt, corset, and her hat. Sometimes she threw on something special she had stole but today she just was not up to it. Finishing it with her weapons she exited her room.

"Ah! Captain... You have a bruise on your head." A young woman said. Silently cursing for running into the medic the moment she left the room she grumbled. "Never mind it. Bruises heal." The woman seemed to want to argue but had no chance as an older more gruff woman appeared. "That ship that Captain likes to chase is nearby... He is hiding from the direction we are in. It seems he is trying once again to do the impossible." She said in a grumpy tone. She could only roll her eyes. Her navigator was always in a bad mood. Hopefully the cook would settle her soon enough.

So Rodgers was attempting to do the impossible again? Well what else is new? He always is trying to do the impossible and normally he succeeds that is why he ends up being a myth and legends. Non human so to speak. Just as she had gotten that memo the cheerful young girl she had picked up that reminded her of herself came in saying food was ready. Everyone was gathering around to eat. She grabbed something she did not even pay attention to and munched on it mindlessly as she stared at the map. How was she going to do this... She had heard that about some pop princess was going to be executed. She was not sure why then again she never did pay attention to details unless they needed her attention. She bit into what she guessed what a fruit proving her point not even noticing it.

Was that what Rodgers was doing? Trying to save someone? It was not exactly his style. He could not be possibly trying to be pushing past the belt no one ever had gotten past. Even his unhuman self. She paused for a moment. What was he doing... If he was trying to help that pop princess... She felt her head begin to pound slightly. It was none of her business but it still pissed her off. He was suppose to be hers and here he was frolicking around space attempting to save some pop singer. Of course... A girl like her could not be on his crew but a pop princess could. She felt her nails dig into whatever she had been eating. She was jumping to conclusions... That was not Rodgers. Going to do the impossible was more his style.

Biting back the venom she felt in her throat she decided to go with what made the most sense. The thought made her sick if it was to save the singer so she would let that idea go. Well fine it was just fine as far as not being part of his crew went though. Now she was a Captain in her own right and would certainly end up showing him that he screwed up. He would have to see her eventually. She would wait but of course the sooner the better. After a final bite she pointed to the map. "Those who are finished eating get on deck and move it we are 'hiding' with the dearest Captain. See what he is up to. We want to be polite don't we?" She said with an almost sadistic smile.

█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█≢█

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You will be mine soon enough!

OCC: I fricken love Guild Wars Opposing Mazzy love the Charr!

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Rodgers | -

Shadow King
The Immortal Captain Rodgers
Davey Jhones Reincarnate

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

xxxUser Image

Rodgers had been siting on his precious "throne" the rest of the trip. When the ship finally came into view, his head lifted just slightly enough for him to see Tepenbala bring brought up on the main monitor. It quickly began zooming out as hundreds- then thousands, of ships, started appearing... Then they'd sudennly stop, before even more would begin appearing outside of a large gap... A common plan, but not one often used for an entire planet... Considering Tepenbala took up half the damn planet, it wasn't exactly a bad concept... Still... The outer defense ring had been broken through plenty of times- infact... It was basically meant to be easy to by pass. It was that giant gap in the middle that made the damn job so dangerous... Rodgers learned this the hard way... As soon as you penetrate the outer defense line- often with five or six ships being close enough to clearly fire on you, you get boxed in, in the middle... Ships within a wide perimeter from the outer defense line swarm you from behind, while a few from the inner defense sphere push you from the front... Rodgers was known for being the only one to make it out of the gap and supposedly "live" to tell the tale... Punching a hole straight through was no easy task... Though when a loud beeping noise broke the silence, Rodger's gaze slowly drifted to it... The minor navigator had a strange look on his face- before his eyes would widen. "It's the Saligia!!" He shouted- the moment he mentioned the name of the ship, his eye twitched slightly, as he tightly gripped the skull at the end of his armrest... What was she doing here... Of all the times...

"It's adjusting cours- it's heading right for us!" He called out as most of the men started looking at one another- before looking back at Rodgers... None of the other officers were here... and he rarely gave orders... Some of them started to panic at the silence... She usually attacked first, then asked questions later... If she attacked them here... Then the U.G.C. would quickly be alerted... The Captains of the Saligia was well known by the crew for being able to go toe to toe with Rodgers himself... Ontop of that, her crew was top notch... Somehow she kept her crew in top shape- something Rodgers didn't do... They just relied on their hard suits... As the silence continued to brew... Rodgers simply remained seated... As the ship continued to get closer, the navigator continued to speak. "Are we gonna do anything!?" He asked- but more so intended it to the others on the deck with him, as opposed to the Captain himself. This was Naomi's deal... Rodgers felt he didn't need to play a hand in quite yet- hell, he didn't want to play a hand in it at all... Truth be told, why was he doing this again? If they succeeded, the U.G.C., would be gunning for them even more so then they already were... If they made fools of the U.G.C., then it would be more then obvious what was going to happen- but if he denied her, or even killed her, then he'd have to replace his crew- f**k this situation was less then pleasant... For the first time in a long time, Rodgers felt cornered... The worst part was, he couldn't even tell if Naomi had planned this or not- she certainly didn't seem like the sort who'd do something like that... She did go through a lot just to join the crew... Still... If Naomi didn't get her a** back up here before Blasgrasa and her band of succubus's got here... Then he'd be turning the ship around... His men never did well against hers... Most of them were weak when faced with a woman of great physical appeal... Apparently they'd just gotten used to the ones on the ship- that or they weren't that physically appealing? He'd never given it real thou- He glared viciously at where his thought train had taken him... He kept a close eye on the Spectral Radar while he waited...

(( ))

Cyto

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User Image

User Image

Her eyes glanced around the dark room for a moment. The sound of a voice calling out to her riddled the air. That was Kaori, she knew that voice better than anyone. Dashing out to the direction she would call back "Kaori, I'm coming for you!" The more she ran the more lost she felt. Everything was so dark but she could see herself fine. Where was Kaori! Where was she? The young girl's voice would call out to Naomi again only to bring more distress to her. Finally turning around an image of her sister dying appeared at her feet. Her innocent golden eyes sparkled with tears as she reached out to Naomi. It wasn't long before the first mate shot up from bed. Another bad dream to add to the many that she was being haunted by. Naomi honestly hadn't slept well since the news program. It bothered her to no end how much. Guilt was getting the better of her. Running her hands through her hair in a tired grunt. This wasn't the way to start any day but how could she say she didn't deserve it. Why was she sailing? "Why do you sail?" Rodger's voice faded from the back of her mind. Did she even have a good enough reason? Did she? Or was she just that terribly selfish that she would toss her own sister into a life of loneliness and fear. What could she possibly say to her sweet sister to have her forgive her. "Why do you sail?" Her fingers tighten around her skull closing her eyes tightly while she pulled her knees in close to her.

What would have been so bad about the life that was chosen for her? Was it truly that bad that she would allow so much hardship to fall on to her sister? If she would have been there she could have made sure this didn't happen, Naomi was sure about that. She was a failure as a big sister! Why did she choose to sail with Rodgers? The more guilt that weight on her mind the more she questioned each of her actions. Her bare hand hit the bed with frustration. "Damn it." The mechanic needed to get some sleep, but it would be impossible with this much running through her head. Climbing out of the bed she picked up the picture beside her bed once more. Being the second in command only gave one perk. The perk was having a tiny room to herself. She used ot have to room up with the other bros. It wasn't terrible but one fart could ruin a night for anyone.

Today would be the day that she either saved Kaori or died for Kaori. Naomi wouldn't allow her baby sister to die before her. There was just no way. Not after she had let her down. Running her hand through the short area of her hair she grumbled. "I feel more exhausted than when I first went to bed." Was she excited or was she terrified? It seemed to switch constantly back and forth. She would get her day started with the normal teeth brushing and face washing. Throwing her usual clothes on, following her large gauntlets the woman began her day with her normal daily checks. Most people showered in the morning but Naomi always did that before she went to bed. Fixing broken doors, oiling gears and checking diagnostics for the engine, was just the normal wake up route. Anything else that broke during the day was just extra. Something always seemed to be breaking down on this ship. "If I was lead mechanic, I would gut the whole thing and start new." There where many reasons why that wasn't possible. One of the reasons was that would take quiet some time to gather everything and replace it. No one had that much time while your being hunted.

Time would speed by fast when you get down in the grease. Naomi extended her arms behind her head with a yawn. The woman walked with her head held high down the hall. It wasn't because of her position. No it was because of a normal day going well. "I wonder what's for lunch." Anything with cheese sounded good. There was a sound heading her way. In the beginning it kind of sounded like the fake sound that people make to simulate race car sounds. This wasn't the case, as the sound got closer she recognized the tone than exactly what was coming out. Althea looked extra excited when she finally came across Naomi. This had to mean that they had finally made there destination. A large goofy smile formed across Naomi's face with no control to stop it. "Hey little bro?" Her large gauntlet placed gently on top of the small girl's head. "You don't have to tell me, your expression says it all." There was no time for lunch cause they had finally made it to Tepenbala! "Kaori, I'm here!" The mechanic quickly raced down the hall. Rodgers was probably in his little perch watching. Not like the man had any where else on the ship that he would relax in.

Normal manners when someone enters the room would be 'Hello' or 'Bro?' Some type of traditional greeting. No the thing that Naomi would receive was actual words from the second ranked navigator. "It's the Saligia?" It didn't bother her that no one greeted her. Just wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear when she stepped in. The captain of the Saligia seemed to have something for Rodgers. In fact Naomi wanted to bet that she was in love with the man. Who would chase a man so much if they weren't? It wouldn't make sense. Extending her hand to rub the back of her head. It was like the only way she knew how to express her love for the man was through aggression. Naomi eyes turned to look at Rodgers. He was a hard man to really understand. His expressions where locked unless it was annoyance. She had seen that far to many times. "It's adjusting cours- it's heading right for us!" A darken expression with a crazied eye twitch would now form across the mechanics face. "Of course she is." She grumbled in her mind. Why wouldn't the woman go anywhere else.

Naomi had nothing against the Captain of the Sagilia. Her little games of war between the ships kept the ship lively to say the least. Right now she had no time for her games. If she was going to stand in the way of her saving Kaori, than she would gladly show the errors of the woman's ways. "Let it in, and exhale." Coaching herself the sign of anger would only fade to a minimal. "Bro, calm down." She spoke out to the second in common navigator. "You act like we haven't seen her before." This guy really didn't handle pressure very well. Where was her bro's at? Reaching over to the mic for the ship she turned to give an announcement over the loud speaker. "Attention all Bro's." What she needed was to get everyone moving. The crew would need some what of a pep talk. "We got the Saligia coming for us." Surely this would put them into a bit of a friz. "I know I am asking a lot of you, this isn't a joy ride for us." What they would do, would have their life on a tight rope. "But Bros, the Saligia and their house wife in the captain suit is the last of our worries!" There was a sound of some men cheering. "We have come to far! We will show them once again why you don't mess with the ship Black Nova!" Her hand extended to point towards the ship.

Placing the mic down she glanced towards Rodgers. "Captain." She really had no authority to call the shots unless given the go ahead. Naomi new her place. Once again, she had no desire to actually take the Captain seat. "We can used the Saligia as a distraction for the U.G.C. ships that will be waiting for us on the inside." She gave a small wait for his comments on the idea. "Captain?" There was a question that bothered her so much but she never got to ask the question. Did Rodgers like the Captain of the Saligia? "What do you think?" If he wanted to pull out, it wouldn't be a bad idea but Naomi would have to say her good bye's now. There is no she would turn around now.

PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image
User Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image
                            User ImageUser Image

tab Althea nearly jumped right through the roof in excitement when Naomi patted her head. She knew what she meant, and she meant that she could come with her in the invasion of Tepenbala.
                            "Thank you thank you thank you YOU WON'T REGRET IT!"
                            tab She ran right back to the control room, grabbing her two pistols and shoving them into the utility belt at her waist. There was little in the world, besides her trusty compass, that Al treasured more than her pistols. They were specially designed for her back at home by one of the mechanics. They had the appearance of two 1800's pistols-- Yeah. THAT OLD. They could be cocked back to load, and the shell was made of wood. However, the bullets weren't your ordinary 1800s bullets. Those bullets would bounce right off a Hard Suit. No, they were the same as any modern gun. So, they had the look of a vintage gun and the power of a modern gun. Totally awesome? YOU BET.
                            tab After belting her guns, she looked down at the compass on her dash. A note! Unfolding it, she smiled eagerly. It was the report from Vok, on time as usual! Vok was always very trustworthy and dependable, just like a good friend should be! And Vok was a very good friend indeed. She read through it's contents, only growing more excited as she read on.
                            tab "I AM SO GONNA CATCH ME A YASP. And ooh! If I get a picture of a Nyasag with my camera I can add it to my scrapbook!"
                            tab The intercom sparked to life, and Naomi's voice could be heard. For just a moment, the smile on Al's face dropped. Oh. They were being pursued. By the Sc... the... Sa... The whatever they were talking about. If it was enough to get the captain excited, it was big news. Big dangerous news. She grabbed the intercom and made her own follow up announcement.
                            tab "Alright, you sons of boars!" She shouted. "There's only one thing to do here, and that's go ahead! Ready your weapons, we're ramming this sucka!"
                            tab Okay. Perhaps not the most intelligent idea. But what else was there to do? When you're between a rock and hard place, there wasn't much else to do but press on. It was either that or stay, fight the Sa... the whatever, and then let Tepenbala's first line of defenses destroy them.
                            tab She pressed a few buttons and the whole ship lurched forward, speeding ahead as fast as it could carry itself. At this speed, it was a battering ram. The first defenses parted like the sea, and the walls of the ship echoed with the deafening dings and thumps of machines against the hull. No problem. The ship was far too powerful to be taken by something like that. The ship shook, causing several of the crew to topple over.
                            tab Finally, the outer defense was breeched. Al smiled triumphantly, letting go of the controls that she had latched onto for stability.
                            tab "Get up you lazy butts! We've got... Uh oh."
                            tab The second layer of defense was up ahead, and from the looks of it, Althea maaaay have underestimated Tepenbala's military strength. If she tried to ram through it, she'd surely kill every person on the ship.
                            tab "Uh... so... we're kinda... stuck... a little... uh... CAPTAAAAAAAAIN!"

Opposing Mazzy

Fused Spirit

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image
Vok was not a particularly fast moving being, even without the hard suit. By the time everyone had gotten to screeching about enemy vessels or a planetary defense fleet. Had he known, he'd probably have turned himself into a blur of metal wall barreling down flights of stairs. That wouldn't be too far off the mark soon though, thanks to the efforts of his "partner". If it was one thing that would be a redeeming trait in the male's book, it'd be her bold, reckless, and impulsive decisions. As the ship lurched forward and tossed its unprepared crew about like grains of wheat in a tornado, Vok tumbled down the flight of stairs he was on and collapsed through a door. A collapsing stack of shells for the cannons is what eventually stopped him...that and one of the support beams. It would also have killed him, were it not for the suit he wore. It was a long moment before the male stirred, flailing at first to get himself off of his back. Much akin to the medieval knight in armor's problems, the suit weighed so much with his modifications, that it took him a while to right himself onto hands and knees.

"N'gthachh Behgrrott! When did we let my grandsire's decrepit and senile concubine pilot!? WHEN DID I GET PASSED OVER FOR THAT??"

It was always interesting to listen to Vok swearing. It wasn't uncommon, but even as he got up slowly and dislodged shells and barrels, he struggled to get back through the now mangled doorway and back down another flight of stairs. Several crewmen had also taken a tumble with him, and had fared much worse, broken backs, limbs unexpectedly amputated or hanging on by thin strips of flesh and skin, and the smell of burning powder.

Like back on Baraxia Two....guh.....that was...agh! If we had a medical specialist, I would actually bother having them looking at that....assuming Rodgers would allow that. Pretty sure that I've got part of my armor lodged in my spine...or close to that. Haven't been impaled in...almost....yeah. It's been a while...good long time. Damn good thing that that stupid medic was around then...or maybe it wasn't, given where I am now. Gotta get off this stupid ship and back on track.

With a groan and a low rumble in his throat, he staggered back to the med bay that was now basically his, stopped to get half a glimpse in the still surprisingly intact mirror. Tools were everywhere, the floor a nightmare for anyone, even those in hard suits. The pneumatic equipment had gone off on impacting , and several bottles were leaking. Worthless wretch of a navigator. He'd have a talk with her the next time she decided on lurching forward like that with the state the ship was in. Her mindset was admirable, but without thinking of the consequences even in the here and now...that was trouble. The mirror revealed that with a closer look, a couple of the spikes added to the suit had indeed punctured back. By his estimates, perhaps an inch and a half or a full two. Hopefully that hadn't punctured anything besides muscles. He'd know soon enough though. Instinct told him to pull it out. Medical knowledge told him to leave it there for the time being, in case it actually had hit something vital. Then the stupid thing would be acting as an impromptu bandage and slowing the blood loss. Grabbing his axe and shortsword, he strapped them to himself, and re-holstered his revolver, heading back up to the "assigned area". If nothing else, he could get stopped somewhere before then and end up "assisting" in the battle to come. By that, he assumed from the announcement from she whom indirectly wounded him, was a call to arms. Which meant a likely opportunity to broadside another ship.

If it was the aspect Vok enjoyed most about naval warfare, it was raking other ships with devastating cannon power en masse. It was a prototype he'd wanted to work on, taking the crushing power of a cannon, and multiplying it with the spread and stopping power of a shotgun. It had only worked once, and collapsed the essential functionality of the test facility and range it had been set up in. The target selected had been obliterated though, much further downrange that it had been. Partial success. His superiors hadn't been overly thrilled, and the verdict was that, while a very effective weapon, the materials they were working with were just not prepared to endure that kind of stress and accurately focus the destructive capabilities his unnamed "cannon" prototype had displayed then. The male still assumed to the very day that that incident was precisely why his squad had been deployed to the Feraltas trenches. That was usually a reserved punishment for pressganged deserters, lousy soldiers, and those really just looking to go out in glory, rather than die of old age. Also, slaves...though the slaves usually didn't have too much in the way of knowledge of firing any weapons set up at Feraltas. Heavy, mean artillery pointed straight forward. There was a reason it had been called the Feraltas trenches, as you had to be in a trench if you didn't want to be mowed down the moment anything fired. Ahh...good times there. At this point in time, he paused at the same deck he'd been tossed around at, and scowled. This had been their aft port battery main. No fires yet, but he yelled to some survivors to get to the racks and start reloading the undetonated shells. Last thing the ship needed was to get blown in half with their own ammunition stocks. In the meantime, he half-limped up the stairs.

Thrice-damned wretch, I'll be flayed before I accept responsibility for the however many men just died or are going to die for that. Saw at least four of them that aren't going to be of use anymore, not without some kind of treatment from....Naomi, I think that's what she calls herself....or how it's pronounced, anyway. By treatment...I think they'll need arms like she has. Sure as hell the ones they were born with ain't working anymore.

Vok barely had time to finish his thought as an explosion lit up the battery room he'd sent the men in. Without even needing to look, he knew that just about everyone in there was probably instantly dead. Poor bastards. It was a risky duty, and they might have survived if they'd had their hard suits on...but in such a way they'd wish they hadn't been.

Son of a....Ghh. No sense dwelling on it. Another two or three dead, depending on if the third one actually made it to the storage room. Either way, shrapnel probably killed him.

With potentially six dead, Vok hurried his way up the stairs, catching himself on the next level up as the stairway buckled beneath him. The explosion must have damaged the base. Sure, the ship would repair itself soon enough, but the casualties wouldn't be undone. Couldn't man a ship and fight.

As Vok clawed his way back to control deck, he issued an impromptu report.

"Althea! What did we hit!? Six casualties and at least four more wounded down on the aft decks. Shells detonated in the aft port side battery! First mate! The hell are you?? Are we opening fire, and if so, port..starboard...both!?"

The male's voice roared out from just under halfway to the deck itself, hoping that the officers or someone that could relay would get a hold of them. And perhaps, just perhaps he'd get a response. Not that he could relay anything to the crew below. He imagined the first mate to be towards the bow, and likely already with plan in motion. Did the vessel even have an intercom that worked? If so, Vok was never aware of it. Most people usually believed he exaggerated too often in any kind of combat situation. IF the intercom worked, it wasn't working down on the aft port side any longer, not on charlie, delta, and echo decks anyway. Her announcement indicated the Saligia on approach, but nothing in the way of description. The Black Nova would have enough firepower to give the other ship a good lashing, but only if the crews could have their cannons ready AND on the correct side. Vok could command a firing crew well enough, but basic information was needed. In the meantime, he'd have to rely on Saito to temporarily hold off any boarding parties. He growled quietly at that. He had faith in the captain's choice, but fighting completely bare-handed was too much of a risk, a last ditch tactic or choice with no alternative.

Shinsonic the Sequel

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
(( Shinsonic has been removed from the RP ))

Shinsonic The Sequel

Emmie The Strange

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas