Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What do you think of people who say suicide is selfish?

They're right. 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 6 ]
They're ignorant. 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
Theyre only looking out for their loved ones. 0.14893617021277 14.9% [ 7 ]
They are too immature to understand what truly goes on with suicide victims. 0.46808510638298 46.8% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Hellraiser

Yobyaxes N
I STILL think we need to hurry up and invent that time machine so we could save Robin Williams' life.

We all do
crying

Hellraiser

Yobyaxes N
I STILL think we need to hurry up and invent that time machine so we could save Robin Williams' life.

We all do
crying

Invisible Humorist

this is bad timing

Invisible Senshi

-Selfish-lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

I think suicide is SOMETIMES selfish. It's not as tragic as people want it to sound. One of my cousins killed herself because she got dumped. Her kid was later adopted by her angry-a** sister who already had a billion kids of her own. I felt bad for the kid because no one really wanted to take her in.

Sometimes suicide is NOT selfish. Some people are driven to suicide by the people who are supposed to love them. If the person killed him/herself...it would be selfish for the others because now they have no one to make fun of/torment. =/

Witty Girl

User Image

It's easy to say that people who claim it's a selfish act are stupid... but if someone you really love is about to do it, you wouldn't encourage them to do it either, even if it's "a way out" from pain misery and suffering.

User Image

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
One must be able to love themselves before they can love others. It could just as easily be said that it's selfish of everyone else to expect someone to live with that much pain.

Depression can be really devastating. I definitely think the stigma around mental illness should be done away with, and people should seek to help people who need it. Just the same, people who are that depressed should try to reach out to others if they can.
Everything we do is selfish because we do it for ourselves. I mean, you can care about someone, but you help them because it makes you feel good to help someone you care about.

Suicide is a personal choice. It is a choice I feel people have the right to make, but it must be understood how permanent it is. How would you even stop a person who wants to commit suicide other than keeping them in a room against their will with all the things they could use to harm themselves removed from the room?

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It depends on the situation of course, but most of all, suicide is something that happens to people who are in a very dark place and feel like the only escape is to eradicate their existence. It is an act of ultimate despair and desperation. When someone is in a heightened state of arousal, all logic goes out the window and bad decisions can be made. However, I can only feel sorrow for those who are in a dark place--they are still in pain as they take their own life and are never freed from it. That is why suicide is so hurtful to the person doing it and to the family and friends they may leave behind. I think it is not selfish at all but again, depends on the individual and circumstances.
If this is about William Roberts, and he allegedly died form asxphia.

Then he died completely afraid and truly in te worst kind of agony you could be in.

That's pretty metal.
I don't know why people think suicide is selfish. People who commit suicide are sick. They are not thinking straight. I don't know how you can call them selfish.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Hmm, this is one I have to think about…
I think people who commit suicide have been having these thoughts for quite some time already and I have no doubt they think about who they will hurt by doing this, so, no, I don't think suicide is selfish.
But then again, my best friend did do a suicide attempt several years back, thank god she survived. There were no signs of her having these thoughts, we talked everyday, about everything and anything. She vented to me but never did I get any hint of her being so desperate. Afterwards she did tell me she regretted her decision, it was an impulsive cry for help, we don't talk about it now because it's too painful for her to talk about. In her case… I don't know, I can't be objective in this case because I was one of the people hurt, but not once had the thought of her being selfish crossed my mind.

Lonely Explorer

No, but it is a waste. I can see how if you are so negative that moving into infinite neutral can be a improvement, but you'll never be able to feel any happiness.

Blessed Cat

For me if i do it it would be selfish but im pretty understanding to other peoples choices when it comes to that. It depends on the individual like everything else. Mainly because you don't know what a person goes through in there own head and to see things through there eyes ( cough* )

Bunny

Yes and no. Yes because you'll have taken your life, leaving loved ones to be saddened by your loss and have to live out the rest of their days knowing you're not there. Maybe even your loved ones will not be able to handle such a loss and share the same fate. No because if you are living in this world going day by day unhappy, why should people convince you to stay around living constantly in depression?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff