Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Pup

Konani_NTH
User Image

@ konani User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that seems like most animes. they usually need the first few episodes to establish
        characters and story!
        heartcatch seems to be the ones i like the art of most! (i get all of my precure art
        off of my tumblr dash; tagged by people who know their magical girls xD)
        just googled precure susnshine and i got the yellow girl with the petal skirt! I think i
        have seen quite a bit of art of her in the beginningl; she seems p popular with the fans

that breakdown would have been good when i first saw it lol i need to rewatch the
        series anyways so this is nice to keep in mind!

dude!! at least you're passionate about the nerdiness & no problem about the long
        texts! i'm pretty notorious for walls with certain friends so i know how it goes~ haha

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Serkunet
Konani_NTH

Pantone

Oh right, I always thought 26 was the average number of episodes for a season, so when the new animes lately show only 12, I'm just like noooo crying

XD Yea I only watched the first season of Rozen Maiden a year ago, I quite enjoyed it!

Did they do Zombie Loan as well?
I don't remember if I ever finished that one too!
I read very close to the end but not sure if I was able to finish it, cause I did quite like that one too XD

Awhh, you've been spoiled ;p

hmm, i've never read nor watched zombie loan, but it's on my list,

thing is though; that i only want to read what i can get a physical copy of ^_^'
so if it's out of print or something, it'll just have to wait until someone somewhere decides to pick it up ^_^'

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
0h potato
wonder what this is

a collective-
like, a bunch of artists and helpers gather 'round and have like one very big shop together for a short while,
the artists contribute work to be sold in the collective-
the information and rules about the collective can be found on the first page of this thread .w. !

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Pantone
Serkunet

which fall anime are you looking forward to? surprised
ahahah that sounds interesting. i'll have to check it out

oh tut, i'll explain Rozen Maiden,

The old rozen maiden series was about a bunch of dolls made by this guy Rozen
they all "sleep" for a very long time, looking just like dolls and not moving, and sometimes a few of them wake up for a short period of time and then goes back to sleep
in the series, they all wake up at the same time, and when everyone is awake at the same time they have to battle, fight and "kill" each other -and collect the souls of the other dolls
the "winner" is crowned the perfect girl, Alice, and gets to see their creator again- which is all of the dolls' biggest dream.

-then it's pretty much as serkunet said .w.
main character likes to order stuff online and then send them back, he manages to receive one of the dolls and she treats him as her servant and makes a "contract" with him, so she can steal energy from him if need be.
the two of them meets the other dolls and there's a bunch of interesting and fun relationships going on ^_^-

in the new series of rozen maiden, only having 13 episodes (yet)
the story takes place in an alternate universe,
a universe where the main character never received the doll, and grew up to become a very angry and sad teenager with no friends and socially awkward.
he still somehow receives a doll, and manages to talk with his other self in the other world,
then things get complicated and interesting =w=
-i'd say it's for a more mature audience than the original 3 series of Rozen .w.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Serkunet
Pantone

which fall anime are you looking forward to? surprised
ahahah that sounds interesting. i'll have to check it out

Yea, sorry if I didn't explain it well, it is funny at times and when the characters get to know each other, it has it's moments and then towards the end it gets kinda dark

Parasyte! OMG, can't wait for it, like ahhh! I want to see it so badly! I read the manga a good few years ago and I loved it! Just hearing that it was getting an anime I wanted to read it again but I'm holding back and waiting for the anime to relive it again XD

i've read it... 3 or 4 times, love it -.w-.

i'm not too much looking forward to the anime though..
i mean- the main character looks nothing like the main character from the manga ^_^'
but it'll be interesting to see what they'll make of it .w.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
sushi_mew
Konani_NTH
User Image

@ konani User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that seems like most animes. they usually need the first few episodes to establish
        characters and story!
        heartcatch seems to be the ones i like the art of most! (i get all of my precure art
        off of my tumblr dash; tagged by people who know their magical girls xD)
        just googled precure susnshine and i got the yellow girl with the petal skirt! I think i
        have seen quite a bit of art of her in the beginningl; she seems p popular with the fans

that breakdown would have been good when i first saw it lol i need to rewatch the
        series anyways so this is nice to keep in mind!

dude!! at least you're passionate about the nerdiness & no problem about the long
        texts! i'm pretty notorious for walls with certain friends so i know how it goes~ haha

ehehe, well- i think the heartcatch movie was the one i enjoyed the most out of the series ^_^'
it was cute and adorable and cruel and mean and awesome .w.
and Sunshine was pretty OP from beginning to the end ^_^'
-she was also a tomboy who wished to do girly things .w.'
so she was also adorable >w<''
-and hes skirt has the lowest cut on the front of a precure, if memory serves me right ._.'
+ navel exposure _x3

and the establishing is usually one character per episode -.w-.'
i figured it pretty much goes like this;
first episodes= character reveals
the episodes after those= more powers revealed
the episodes after that= possible more character reveals, soul-searching, or sudden loss of powers
the last couple of episodes= revealing of last forms, new ultimate power, and the actual plot of the bad guys.

-after about 10-20 episodes i start skipping the 5-7 minutes of transformations and the other 5 minutes of their attacks looking the same way all the time -.w-.'

and yeah, i'm not a big fan of mixing organic materials with inorganic materials. so when human tissue and machine starts to mingle and all that i get kinda iffy >>''

and yeah, i could get nerdy for hours if no one stops me >w<'''

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
ehhh-.... bumps _xD!

Lavish Spirit

Konani_NTH

Haha, yea, I generally don't watch stuff while they air, most of the stuff I have watched, I started watching them a couple of years after they've finished XD

I wanted to get Petshop of Horrors, after reading it and I loved it, but when I asked the stores around here or at conventions, they said the company that were publishing it dropped it or something, so unless someone picks it up crying

XD Sorry! I'm bad at explaining things, never read the manga, I only know what happens n the anime

Do ya think the new series of Rozen Maiden is worth watching?
Like if you like the old series, would ya like the new one?

Yea true, I was a little disappointed that the anime doesn't look the same as the manga but least it's getting an anime series and 2 movies, so it's all good XD
Don't know how good the films will be, but I'll still watch them!

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Serkunet
Konani_NTH

Haha, yea, I generally don't watch stuff while they air, most of the stuff I have watched, I started watching them a couple of years after they've finished XD

I wanted to get Petshop of Horrors, after reading it and I loved it, but when I asked the stores around here or at conventions, they said the company that were publishing it dropped it or something, so unless someone picks it up crying

XD Sorry! I'm bad at explaining things, never read the manga, I only know what happens n the anime

Do ya think the new series of Rozen Maiden is worth watching?
Like if you like the old series, would ya like the new one?

Yea true, I was a little disappointed that the anime doesn't look the same as the manga but least it's getting an anime series and 2 movies, so it's all good XD
Don't know how good the films will be, but I'll still watch them!

i think i heard the movies would be live-action though, so that'll be interesting, and prolly super-gross to watch >w<

yeah-no, Tokyopop went down a couple of years ago so everything they were publishing in english was cancelled, only the german branch left and i don't know what manga they've been translating ^_^'
they did finish translating the first Petshop of horrors though, and... i think 3-5 books or Petshop of horrors Tokyo
if you liked that manga though, there's also Genju no Seiza, written by the same mangaka and the count makes an appearance in there >w<

but yes!
the new series of rozen maiden was.. awesome *w*
but as i said; prolly for a more mature audience... i really liked it and it was the first anime i've ever watched during the time it was airing >w<
it ends at a cliffhanger though, so i really-really wish they'll make another season X_D
and the best part; all the voice actors from the old series are there ;w; !
and it's the same people making the opening theme too >W<

///nerdy-nerd..

-trailer for the series *recovering from goosebumps since i watched it*
the graphics are much different from the first series though, but i like it ^_^-

Lavish Spirit

Konani_NTH

i think i heard the movies would be live-action though, so that'll be interesting, and prolly super-gross to watch >w<

yeah-no, Tokyopop went down a couple of years ago so everything they were publishing in english was cancelled, only the german branch left and i don't know what manga they've been translating ^_^'
they did finish translating the first Petshop of horrors though, and... i think 3-5 books or Petshop of horrors Tokyo
if you liked that manga though, there's also Genju no Seiza, written by the same mangaka and the count makes an appearance in there >w<

but yes!
the new series of rozen maiden was.. awesome *w*
but as i said; prolly for a more mature audience... i really liked it and it was the first anime i've ever watched during the time it was airing >w<
it ends at a cliffhanger though, so i really-really wish they'll make another season X_D
and the best part; all the voice actors from the old series are there ;w; !
and it's the same people making the opening theme too >W<

///nerdy-nerd..

-trailer for the series *recovering from goosebumps since i watched it*
the graphics are much different from the first series though, but i like it ^_^-

Yea they'll be live-action, it looks kinda funny honestly in live-action XD
I'll just watch it without expecting too much.
Ahh right, yea I only got vol. 2 I think of Petshop or horrors and that's about it v.v
Never did get to read the rest of Tokyo crying
I've only read a bit of Genju no Seiza, I think I enjoyed it, don't know why I stopped.

Good good, I'll have to watch it sometime, although a cliffhanger, noooooo!
It'll be nice to see the characters again anyway XD
8 artists have been confirmed for the collective now! heart
Keep those submissions coming!

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Serkunet

Yea they'll be live-action, it looks kinda funny honestly in live-action XD
I'll just watch it without expecting too much.
Ahh right, yea I only got vol. 2 I think of Petshop or horrors and that's about it v.v
Never did get to read the rest of Tokyo crying
I've only read a bit of Genju no Seiza, I think I enjoyed it, don't know why I stopped.

Good good, I'll have to watch it sometime, although a cliffhanger, noooooo!
It'll be nice to see the characters again anyway XD

awhh, i really like petshop best after volume... either 4 or 6, when the policeguy's little brother shows up .w.
and i havn't read the rest of tokyo either ^_^'

i also hate cliffhangers, but thank god it wasn't as bad as berserk _XD

then again- the first rozen maiden ended with a kind of "there's another way" -and then it ended ._.

i'd really like to read the manga of those, but they were also translated by tokyopop _XD

Super Canine

Konani_NTH
0h potato
wonder what this is

a collective-
like, a bunch of artists and helpers gather 'round and have like one very big shop together for a short while,
the artists contribute work to be sold in the collective-
the information and rules about the collective can be found on the first page of this thread .w. !

oh haha thanks bro
I've heard of "Halloween collectives" and stuff, this looks cool cheese_whine

Super Canine

Serkunet
0h potato
wonder what this is

You don't know what this is?

no,, which is kind of why I wondered... but yeah I get it now lol

Lavish Spirit

Konani_NTH

awhh, i really like petshop best after volume... either 4 or 6, when the policeguy's little brother shows up .w.
and i havn't read the rest of tokyo either ^_^'

i also hate cliffhangers, but thank god it wasn't as bad as berserk _XD

then again- the first rozen maiden ended with a kind of "there's another way" -and then it ended ._.

i'd really like to read the manga of those, but they were also translated by tokyopop _XD

I just love the stories in petshop of horrors and the art is just damn beautiful!

berserk, the anime? I never saw the anime but yea my bf watched it and he was like did not like the end XD
I've only read the manga and still reading, haven't caught up with it.

Damn tokyopop, do you know why they went under?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff