Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aeyemos's Darling

Shy Wife

I was on hiatus for a few months, and when I came back, items have inflated to the point where someone would have to be more than wealthy IRL to get past what is known as the "newbie" stage avatar wise.. In my opinion, anyone who would have recently joined the community would need to buy Gaia Cash just to get nice items or have really generous friends. As zOMG and other games don't give much gold, and depending on posting habits forums might not give all that much either.

Besides the constant release of new items and promotions for Gaia Cash, what is Gaia planning on doing to deflate the items in the Marketplace?

Also, is there a forum or something to suggest a way to attempt lowering deflation? I work in a market related community and am aware of this kind of situation, it'd be nice if users could help too.

This is probably not the right forum for this type of thread. OTL

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Well, they did remove the gold genrators and raised the tax to 5% from 3%, and on top of that, there's a gold sink happening atm. We just have to wait until things takes its course.

Prolly more suited for the GCD if you're wondering???

Loyal Exhibitionist

The only way they can reduce inflation is by not re-releasing gold generators. They are the biggest offenders to the inflation.

They also introduced an increase to the Marketplace tax and is regularly using Flynn's Plunder and gold sinks to take gold out of the system.

If they keep this up and doesn't re-release gold generators ever again (hint hint), the inflation will drop and everything will pretty much deflate.

That's a very big IF. We shall see.

Aeyemos's Darling

Shy Wife

Hopefully it all works. If not, they might run out of their own ideas.. That big if has a lot depending on it.

Raising the tax is a pretty good idea.

Thanks lovely people. ♥

Witty Sex Symbol

12,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
The only way they can reduce inflation is by not re-releasing gold generators. They are the biggest offenders to the inflation.

They also introduced an increase to the Marketplace tax and is regularly using Flynn's Plunder and gold sinks to take gold out of the system.

If they keep this up and doesn't re-release gold generators ever again (hint hint), the inflation will drop and everything will pretty much deflate.

I also think if they are going to do these huge gold sinks they need to be giving better items for the GOLD SINKS otherwise those high spenders have no incentive to donate like whats been happening. Not all of them are obsessed with having achievements.

Make some exclusive items and BAM deflation will be well on its way coupled with the stuff you suggested keeps happening

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
So far they have removed the gold generators from the cash shop temporarily and raised the MP Tax from 3% to 5% and we have a gold sink released, just need to see what happens really ^^"

But the only way that the MP will deflate is if the GG's stay away permanently as they are the reasoning behind the hyper inflation that we have had, but I doubt that would happen to be honest crying

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
It should happen gradually over time, if the current trend is actually given that time to work. The MP tax takes a good chunk of gold out of very, very highly priced items, gold that disappears forever into the system and doesn't change hands between users. We've had gold generators with increasingly ludicrous payouts in the Cash Shop for nearly 1 year now. It's going to take more than just a few days to see the damaging effects go away.

Loyal Exhibitionist

LogicalFallacies
Hasuki Aatisuto

I also think if they are going to do these huge gold sinks they need to be giving better items for the GOLD SINKS otherwise those high spenders have no incentive to donate like whats been happening. Not all of them are obsessed with having achievements.

Make some exclusive items and BAM deflation will be well on its way coupled with the stuff you suggested keeps happening

Yes, I do agree the incentives should be more varied. I mean, if you're not an achievement seeker, you don't care for the charms and you won't sink your gold into something that only has a chance of you winning, it's pretty much pointless and you'd just hold onto your gold.

I mean, lately it's all just about achievements, charms and lotteries, and they're just basically "OH HUM" to me. Like I'm crying from boredom.

Witty Sex Symbol

12,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Nicki Weston90
So far they have removed the gold generators from the cash shop temporarily and raised the MP Tax from 3% to 5% and we have a gold sink released, just need to see what happens really ^^"

But the only way that the MP will deflate is if the GG's stay away permanently as they are the reasoning behind the hyper inflation that we have had, but I doubt that would happen to be honest crying

Honestly atm I should take out my "SAY NO TO GCASH" because right now is THE TIME to buy gaia cash and SPEND IT. Spend it on the better rigs spend it on the nicer items. That tells them they DONT need GGs to make money. They already said that it was NOT a glitch that the generators were removed.
Hasuki Aatisuto
Yes, I do agree the incentives should be more varied. I mean, if you're not an achievement seeker, you don't care for the charms and you won't sink your gold into something that only has a chance of you winning, it's pretty much pointless and you'd just hold onto your gold.

I mean, lately it's all just about achievements, charms and lotteries, and they're just basically "OH HUM" to me. Like I'm crying from boredom.

ALL OF MY YES (underlined for emphasis).

Seriously, the GoFusion charm incentives for the "Spirit of Summer" goldsink (the only true goldsink we've actually had this year since the gold gens have been removed) are a goddamn joke. Why?
A) they're trying to entice the entire Gaian user community to adopt/buy into GoFusion (i.e spend GC on it) by flooding the goldsink event with charms as 'free incentives', along with another one of the "free samples" charm packs they've been dropping left and right this month.
B) the charms they're offering as rewards are nowhere near worth the amount of gold required (both the Heart and Star Charms' Av. Buy Prices have dropped below 40 million gold on the mp as of 8/11). There is literally no point in paying that 50mil or 300 mil gold for charms that will most likely be worth 5-10 mil (and that's me being optimistic) at the end of August, especially when one has a good chance of getting both types for free just by playing daily chance every day.

side note: the tiers for this are ******** insane, regardless of the rewards you get from them. I know the vast majority of gold gens were advertising max potential payouts of "1 TRILLION GOLDZ" for the last two weeks of July, but chances are most Gaians aren't billionaires (hell, I only have ~4.406 billion because I've been vending inks/giftboxes/misc. items for the last few months. 'course, I did it all without buying any gold gens, so my experience might be different from other users).
I just found this post, and I think it explains the situation pretty well: A comic about the inflation

(plus that Coco and Kiki is so cute in that comic heart )

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Gaia actually doesnt control the marketplace or its prices, its all user run. But Gaia is helping with the stop of gold generators, goldsinks, and increase of MP to 5%. It's going to take some time for prices to drop since this all started just recently. But I have already notice that some of my wishlist items are dropping in price.

Wheezing Grabber

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Little Dead Soldier
Gaia actually doesnt control the marketplace or its prices, its all user run. But Gaia is helping with the stop of gold generators, goldsinks, and increase of MP to 5%. It's going to take some time for prices to drop since this all started just recently. But I have already notice that some of my wishlist items are dropping in price.

I just hope the GGs stay away and we see Gaia return to what it was like over a year ago. When 100k for a MC was reasonable and it didn't pain you to see the prices of the items on your wish list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff