Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Member

11,650 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Fluff Healer 100
what do you thing about nintendos new idear and why ?
Well, I can finally physically touch Peach--

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Shapeshifter

I really don't see the amiibos becoming very important. That being said, I'm still going to collect a few figures of my favorite characters, such as Luigi and Kirby.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
30-40 dollers per a figure. granted they are very well designed, but I cant afford that.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Depends on how the characters will function in each game.

This isn't just Skylanders or Disney Infinite; the characters don't just pop into the games and stay the way they are.

The evidence to that lies in the way Smash Bros on Wii U will make them work; instead of just being another Mario, a Mario Amiibo figure will level up beyond the normal hard CPU difficulty cap of 9, all the way up to level 50, and will develop its own fighting styles as it does so.

Literally, it's an evolving AI that gains stats and changes its way of fighting as you allow it to fight battles in Smash.

This was all confirmed during the Smash portion of E3 2014, but so many people were against the very idea of Amiibo's that most of them didn't even pay attention to the potential behind this idea.

Now, whether or not the figures will function in any sort of similar fashion or whether they'll just be used to store personal stats or something, is something, in games like Mario Kart 8, is something that still remains to be seen.

But for Smash in particular, Amiibo's are quite literally the preferred CPU opponent, and quite possibly the very first case of Evolving AI's in a console game EVER...
couldnt give less of a ******** about them

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
xLiemx
30-40 dollers per a figure. granted they are very well designed, but I cant afford that.
One UK retailer has them available for pre-order for £12.85

I'm going to buy a lot of them, but I'm skeptical about their in-game use being anything groundbreaking.
But it will be a problem if they start using them to unlock DLC characters.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Nintendo is wasting their time on this. They are just jumping on the Skylander Fad's c**k. Just like Disney with Disney Infinity. The difference being their game isn't BASED around them. Not only that, but their usefulness in games like Smash Bros is HEAVILY being exaggerated. By this time 2015, I'm willing to bet most will have gotten over amiibo and/or forgotten all about them.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xLiemx

"Speaking to the Seattle Times, Fils-Aime said:

You can expect them to be comparable to the Disney and Skylander products that are on the market."

So like $13.00 - $17.00.
i can't wait to get them!

here is hoping they release an isaac one

Romantic Grabber

Red Bear Ruskie
Well, I can finally physically touch Peach--

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Get a Rosalina one instead.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I wanna collect them all. emotion_dowant

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Bleshoo
xLiemx

You can expect them to be comparable to the Disney and Skylander products that are on the market."

So like $13.00 - $17.00.

australia pre-order prices. 29.99 which may go up or down.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xLiemx
Bleshoo
xLiemx

So like $13.00 - $17.00.

australia pre-order prices. 29.99 which may go up or down.

Yeah, but that's in Australian dollars. Their minimum wage is like $17.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff