Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Grand Theft Auto mods have the power to do really cool unintended things—like let players ride a UFO, or submerse the entire game underwater. They also have the power to make things rather unpleasant for other players.

This NSFW post contains content that some readers may find uncomfortable.

According to online reports and forums, modders have created a few abilities that come together in a specific brand of "trolling." Players can use mods to change their character models to anything they'd like—and some players choose to turn themselves into pantless characters. Using mods, players can also manipulate other players into doing specific things, all through the usage of a special menu. The menu varies depending on the mod used, but this one in particular has an entire section dedicated to "naughty stuff:"

As you can see on the left, mods like these grant people the ability to force other players to do things like pole dance and do push-ups. Some modders choose to make other players bend over, and then proceed to use a sex animation from a different part of the game to thrust into them repeatedly, thus making it look like they're raping them. Depending on whether or not the modder has made themselves invincible, victims can't do much in response once the modder is done

Today, a Reddit thread appeared on r/GrandTheftAutoV where one player described an incident where another player called DEEPER_IN_DA_ASS assaulted them. "You cannot kill him and there is nothing you can do about it," mrerikmattila wrote on imgur. "Worse, when he's done, you are stuck doing strip dances."

Speaking to mrerikmattila further, they told me that the incident happened with a player they had never encountered before. Here's how they described it:

How it initially began is my friend was being taken advantage of in a more remote part of the map, which I was unaware of. I went to his area to find out he was not alone. There was this other user, the user in question, in the area. I have never played with this modder, nor am I friends with him, nor were we in a party. This guy was a total random stranger who just dropped in the free mode session.

Quite literally, I and a couple friends of mine encountered a stranger and we were raped and forced to strip dance in GTA online. It was like a "traumatic life" simulator.

GTA Online Mods Let People "Rape" Other Players

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
And this is why I always swear that GTA is one of the worst franchises ever.

I hope you're happy, Rockstar. These are the kinds of sick ******** your games attract.
>patricia hernandez

Inb4 this is proof of rape culture.

Remember kids, killing, drufs, and everything inbetween is okay--BUT NOT RAPE. RAPE IS A SPECIAL KIND OF EVIL.
It just had to be Patricia Hernandez and Kotaku. Ironically, this is the same person who said "I'm going to rape you" in horde mode on Gears of War and decided to do a 500 page expose on it.

I wonder what Carolyn is saying about it over at GameSpot. emotion_awesome

Or how about Polygon? emotion_awesome

I'm disappointed though that she didn't even mention the Hot Coffee mod. It's not like stuff like this is even new to the GTA franchise.

Fanatical Prophet

Milady Chris Lightfellow
You act like this is some kind of new phenomenon that is somehow unique to Grand Theft Auto.

s**t, are you aware of how many rape mods that are out there for Bethesda games? (Namely The Elder Scrolls/Fallout)
....Your point? There are instances in the single player game where Trevor can be raped(or at the least it's implied), or rapes another guy.

Tipsy Prophet

I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen sooner in GTA IV. I mean, you could ******** hookers in that game, too, after all.
Priestess Resira
Milady Chris Lightfellow
You act like this is some kind of new phenomenon that is somehow unique to Grand Theft Auto.

s**t, are you aware of how many rape mods that are out there for Bethesda games? (Namely The Elder Scrolls/Fallout)
technically, none? There are a lot of sex mods for those games, but from what I gather, they all entail the use of a dialogue menu with choices like "lulz wunt 2 hav da nasty?" implying consensual sex - and that somehow your character is such a stud or bombshell that everyone agrees. The one mod that I've noticed gets the most attention (the "Animated Prostitution" which comes up on the first page of the most downloaded/endorsed files for all those games) actually has a disclaimer stating that there will never be any inclusion of rape, animals, or children.

There is also the fact that this is being done in a multiplayer game. Somehow, I don't think the people who "rape" in GTA would get the same satisfaction from raping simulation in Fallout. I mean, you don't aimhack in a shooter to troll the campaign mode - you do it to bother everyone in multiplayer.

Now, I'm not so bothered by this that I'm going to rally about it or whatever, and the people who do this might not necessarily be trying to get some sort of sexual thrill or power trip from it. It does prove one thing at least, though: that neither mods nor any sort of ability that leaves other players helpless ever have any business in a multiplayer game.
So what? You can play a game where you run over, murder people dozens at a time, fly planes into buildings, shoot down a million of cops and do whatever the ******** you like, but as soon as you get start raping people it stops being funny?
Games like GTA are rated M for a reason, and if you cannot handle being raped in GTA as an adult I don't think you shouldnt be playing these games, and should not be on the internet at all.
You should go to your little padded room, put on your white jacket with those longs sleeves and find that happy trigger free zone in your head.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Priestess Resira
Milady Chris Lightfellow

Yes, I am. I use a lot of mature mods for Skyrim, so I know very well the types of mods out there for it. The main difference is that you're not doing that to a real person. And there's also the fact that, when I play Skyrim alone with all my adult mods, I'm not subjecting other people to my perversions and depravity. It's sort of like the argument of if using cheats is wrong; using them by yourself is fine, you're free to enjoy the game as you like in single player. But bringing that crap into multiplayer just serves to ruin other people's fun.

In this case, I find it even more vulgar because this is the exact crap Jack Thompson used to spew; That these 'crime simulators' caused people to commit real crimes. And exposing people against their will to sexual acts is against the law, at least here in the United States. Or, at least, in my corner of the country it is. And that's if the law doesn't consider it to really be a new form of rape.

These people using this hack are just reinforcing the things Thompson said about people who play video games. And that both disgusts and disturbs me.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Miragen
So what? You can play a game where you run over, murder people dozens at a time, fly planes into buildings, shoot down a million of cops and do whatever the ******** you like, but as soon as you get start raping people it stops being funny?
Games like GTA are rated M for a reason, and if you cannot handle being raped in GTA as an adult I don't think you shouldnt be playing these games, and should not be on the internet at all.
You should go to your little padded room, put on your white jacket with those longs sleeves and find that happy trigger free zone in your head.

Because forcing another to look at sexually explicit material is a real crime. That makes all the difference.
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen

Because forcing another to look at sexually explicit material is a real crime. That makes all the difference.

Close your eyes, exit the game, go grab yourself a beer, you're complaining about virtual sexuality interrupting your murder sprees in a game known for it's violence and mature content.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff