Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Strawberry

9,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
BREMERTON, Wash. - Investigators searching for a missing 6-year-old girl have found the remains of a child in the mobile home park where the little girl was last seen, officials said.

"Today we have found what appears to be what appears to be remains of a child," said Earl Smith of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office, incident commander for the search effort.

He said the family of the missing girl, Jenise Wright, has been notified of the grim discovery. The child's remains will be turned over to the Kitsap County Coroner's Office for an autopsy that will determine the cause of death.

No arrests have been made so far as the investigation continues, Wright said.

FBI Special Agent Frank Montoya Jr. said his team would conduct a "meticulous forensic examination" of the area where the child's body was found.

Jenise was last seen at her home in Steele Creek Mobile Home Park at about 10 p.m. on Saturday night. Her family reported her missing about 24 hours later on Sunday night.

The family waited a day before calling for help because they say the girl wandered around the neighborhood on her own in the past. They felt it was relatively safe because the mobile home park is fenced, Wilson said.

A massive search involving more than 100 officers and 15 law enforcement agencies was launched after the girl was reported missing. Every home and outbuilding at the mobile home park was searched, along with trash bins and other receptacles.

At the same time, state child welfare workers removed two other children, an 8-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl, from the home. Wilson said that was done as a "precautionary effort."

The parents took FBI lie-detector tests Monday night, but the results have not been disclosed.

So what do you guys think?

Dapper Lop

6,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
What? It's not safe to let your offspring just wander around the neighborhood for hours on end? Well, spank me and call me impaired.

Shirtless Strawberry

9,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Viridian Yume
What? It's not safe to let your offspring just wander around the neighborhood for hours on end? Well, spank me and call me impaired.

Exactly. I hear that his other two children are with child protective services

Gaian

Viridian Yume
*appears from your pocket* Did someone say spa- *brick'd*

Seriously though. There's no way those remains are those of the little girl. She only disappeared on Saturday.

Unless that area is inhabited by flesh eating scarabs from ancient Egypt, in which case, that family's got some splainin' to do.

Kawaii Shoujo

I wonder if that is the little girl... I highly doubt it.

Shirtless Strawberry

9,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
fairy-phoenix
I wonder if that is the little girl... I highly doubt it.
same.....it's most likely another case or something. I'll update you guys once they are done with the autopsy

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Sadly it looks like she was found .....

Here is the source

Shirtless Strawberry

9,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Cold Sandstorm

Here is the source

Yes, they have identified It as the 6 year old girl.... Apparently her body was found behind her house

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
sweatdrop sweatdrop
Cold Sandstorm

Here is the source
We all wanted her to be found alive, even if it was not her body that was discovered it would still be a dead child so it is still sad.

Shirtless Strawberry

9,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
FirstBornTriplet
sweatdrop sweatdrop
Cold Sandstorm

Here is the source
We all wanted her to be found alive, even if it was not her body that was discovered it would still be a dead child so it is still sad.
unfortunately, a 17 year old is being charged for the rape and murder of the 6 year old girl......I feel so sad for this case....I'm actually near the place where it happened so it makes my family uncomfortable

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Viridian Yume
Don't temp me.

Shameless Gekko

9,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
An unfortunate update:
sad

Wintry Dragon

Cold Sandstorm

Here is the source