Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
00Dolphin_SW
This reminds me of when parents tell their children not to touch a hot stove... and then the kid does it anyway.

Maybe this woman missed out on the 'warnings should be taken seriously' learning phase in her childhood.

Well, maybe she did take the warning seriously.

I mean, with the current attitude of "warning people not to do stupid, stupid things is insufficient: If someone is hurt due to their own stupidity, then someone is gonna pay dividends to the stupid person," it's actually quite lucrative to be an idiot.

And, Hell, she did a stupid, lost a chunk out of her middle finger, and now is gonna get money. Sounds to me like she might not be as dumb as she seems at first blush, y'know?

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Lol she's a freaking moron; if she sues the zoo, her case will get thrown out because

1: There are MULTIPLE warning signs

2: She was told MULTIPLE TIMES not to put her hand in a lion cage.

3: She's a ******** moron.

Liberal Fatcat

Yes. Go ahead and sue because you cant be bothered to listen to experienced animal caretakers when they say not to touch the bad bad lion. Personal accountability doesnt exist anymore. Its always someone else's fault. Trip and fall on the sidewalk because you didnt watch where you were going and didnt tie your shoelaces? Sue the city for horrible sidewalks and the shoe company for laces that dont tie adequately enough. Gained weight because you purposely ate at a hamburger joint every day for a week? Sue the restaurant for serving nothing but hamburgers, thereby forcing you to eat a hamburger. Hate having natural red hair and want blonde hair? Sue your parents for giving you bad genes.

Nobody wants to say, "I deserved that. This was entirely my fault. They told me not to do this, but I did it anyway. I have no one to blame but myself." If experienced zookeepers are telling over and over not to touch the lions, tigers, and bears, and there are multiple signs saying the exact same thing, guess what? Dont be touching them! Betcha she would have climbed the fence, got torn up and later say the zoo should have had higher fences.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
emotion_facepalm

Stupid...

Beloved Giver

3,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'd love to be the judge listening to her case.
"Wait, wait wait... You put your HAND, in front of the face of an agitated CARNIVORE...Just go..."

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Should've taken her whole hand. ******** idiot.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I am also of the mindset that she did this on purpose in order to be able to sue and get a lot of money. If she does sue, I hope the zoo counter-sues because there are warning signs and stuff and that should be enough to protect them legally (one would think. I remember another case where that was not enough apparently)
Maybe they should keep the fence further away from the cages or containments. Then again, you got idiots who will go so far as to climb over the fence and...
This Isnt Sparta
Yes. Go ahead and sue because you cant be bothered to listen to experienced animal caretakers when they say not to touch the bad bad lion. Personal accountability doesnt exist anymore. Its always someone else's fault. Trip and fall on the sidewalk because you didnt watch where you were going and didnt tie your shoelaces? Sue the city for horrible sidewalks and the shoe company for laces that dont tie adequately enough. Gained weight because you purposely ate at a hamburger joint every day for a week? Sue the restaurant for serving nothing but hamburgers, thereby forcing you to eat a hamburger. Hate having natural red hair and want blonde hair? Sue your parents for giving you bad genes.

Nobody wants to say, "I deserved that. This was entirely my fault. They told me not to do this, but I did it anyway. I have no one to blame but myself." If experienced zookeepers are telling over and over not to touch the lions, tigers, and bears, and there are multiple signs saying the exact same thing, guess what? Dont be touching them! Betcha she would have climbed the fence, got torn up and later say the zoo should have had higher fences.

Your avi, is awaesome lol 3nodding

Kawaii Shoujo

I wonder if she is related in anyway to the woman who jumped into the lion enclosure at the Memphis zoo in order to feed them some cookies while she sang a song she made up emotion_facepalm

Wintry Dragon

Shaman Slate
00Dolphin_SW
This reminds me of when parents tell their children not to touch a hot stove... and then the kid does it anyway.

Maybe this woman missed out on the 'warnings should be taken seriously' learning phase in her childhood.

My friends 2 year old did that. she got burned on her hand. after that she had the tendency to always blow on her food even if it was cold. too cute xd
I hope this lady doesn't start blowing anything...no wait...I don't like where this is headed. sweatdrop

Melodious Seeker

7,000 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't think she has any right to even threaten to sue the zoo, and even if she actually did I don't believe she actually has a chance at winning in court.. It is pretty obvious that one should not try to pet an animal of that nature, especially if you not only see signs stating not to, but also receive verbal warnings.. She learned her lesson and sadly it was the hard way.

Kawaii Shoujo

Xana Xaviera
I don't think she has any right to even threaten to sue the zoo, and even if she actually did I don't believe she actually has a chance at winning in court.. It is pretty obvious that one should not try to pet an animal of that nature, especially if you not only see signs stating not to, but also receive verbal warnings.. She learned her lesson and sadly it was the hard way.
She probably made up the story about being allowed into the lion enclosure by the employee that was working there in the interview video and her daughter obviously agreed to go with the cover story wholeheartedly.

Melodious Seeker

7,000 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
fairy-phoenix
Xana Xaviera
She probably made up the story about being allowed into the lion enclosure by the employee that was working there in the interview video and her daughter obviously agreed to go with the cover story wholeheartedly.

Well I don't think she was actually allowed inside.. I thought it said that she reached into the cage or did something she wasn't supposed to in order to get close enough to touch the animal.. I am sure there would have been much more damage done to her person if she had been inside the same enclosure as the animal. Is there any proof that part of her finger is actually missing as she states?.. Some people are actually stupid enough to put themselves in situations like the one this woman did, so she may have thought that the lion was tame enough to pet and get close to due to the fact that other humans have to handle and care for it.. and she probably didn't stop to think that those people are trained professionals that practice precautionary methods to do so.
There is also the point that if this was just some made up story to get attention she probably wouldn't publicly threaten legal action for the fact that she would be found out for it... then again as I mentioned, some people are just stupid..
Where was Darwin during all this?

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Herp derp its a dangerous lion in a cage. I BETTER GO PET IT! rofl People will always be dumb and make dumb decisions. I don't understand my own species.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff